Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

For version exclusives, no. For memory link & continuity sake, yes

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

In terms of continuing on your original story, as with all Pokemon versions, the differences in stories are extremely minuscule and pretty much only deal with what color your legendary is. Just buy the version you feel has what you want.

I <3 Quagsire

Well I had White. But here's the problem.
    Black 2 has challenge mode, and I don't know anyone who will give away their challenge mode. But it also has the ugly Black Kyurem (that front sprite) and lacks the White Forest. I've already accepted that I will just have to live without Challenge mode early into the experience and go with White 2
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

Quote Originally Posted by xsedr View Post
    Well I had White. But here's the problem.
    Black 2 has challenge mode, and I don't know anyone who will give away their challenge mode. But it also has the ugly Black Kyurem (that front sprite) and lacks the White Forest. I've already accepted that I will just have to live without Challenge mode early into the experience and go with White 2
    White Forest doesn't have the wild Pokémon benefit anymore. But it really does suck that Challenge Mode is restricted to Black 2 only... :/

I say that if you have a friend that will give you the Challenge Mode key, there's no reason not to get White 2 if you already had White to begin with.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I guess it really doesnt matter.... i myself am getting pokemon black2 because i already own pokemon black, i preffer to remind myself that its a sequel..... and the fact that i get a shiny gibble! my brother is getting white2 cause he got the first white, so he is gonna get a shiny dratini, oh and i dont really get why in the first black they had reshiram, but in the new one its zekrom and kyurem....
    oh well
    new2[1].jpg

I dont think it matters too much but I am gonna get white 2 but I owned white.

I have black and i am going to play Black 2...
    Planned Omega Ruby Team:
    ///

I have white and I'm getting white 2. It feels more like a sequal then but I'm still trading zekrom and my shiny kyurem over and using black kyurem. I never really liked reshiram.

Ive got both so ill be playing both. But White was my main game so White 2 will be my main focus. Omg so excited

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

It's good for continuing the story, but not for the Version Exclusives. I preordered Black 2 because I got Black last year and my brother preordered White 2 because he got White last year. In my case, it doesn't really matter because if he has a Pokémon exclusive to his game that I need, we can just trade.

Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon. I also have two friends who play.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

If you own a copy of White version then it's rather smart that you get White 2. For story sake.
    Not that you need to, but getting the corresponding game gives you the other dragon not given to you in BW1.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    It's good for continuing the story, but not for the Version Exclusives. I preordered Black 2 because I got Black last year and my brother preordered White 2 because he got White last year. In my case, it doesn't really matter because if he has a Pokémon exclusive to his game that I need, we can just trade.

Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon. I also have two friends who play.
    Ehh... with wifi trading it's not so bad. Now with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen, yeah it sucked. However it is nicer (for me at least) being able to use my own Pokemon and not one received from a wifi trade from someone I'll never know.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I had Black and I'm getting White 2, I love Reshiram and white Kyurem looks freaking sick. That's all I needed to decide lol
    Black FC: 1764 5225 4156
    X FC: 0705 3284 4459
    Jesse

PM for offers

Pokemon Showdown Random Battle Epic Comeback and Marowak Sweep
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...battle13264983

I own Black and my brother, White. We're swapping. I, White 2, him, Black 2. I wish to keep Reshiram myself.

I bought white first and it's my main of the two so I'll be playing White2 first. I think there's also some kind of correlation between the original and their sequel of the same color.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon.
    True that. I'm 38 and single. not to mention the fact that I'm an only child. I don't have any friends who play either. That's why I have two DS systems and all versions.
    Last edited by Moonlight_Tails; 19th September 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

I'll just trade the Reshiram I get in White 2 to get the other guy. It won't be hard to find someone interested in swapping through the GTS.

I have white and ill be buying black2 as my main game since it has version exclusives that i want

I was torn until I saw this thread. I'm getting White 2 so I can have Reshiram and because I have White.

I have Black, so I'm getting White II instead. Since I want to get White Kyurem. Also I don't really see the point in buying both like everyone else said, unless it's for all the pokes that are catchable in that version. I already have all the regi and eon twins, so it won't really matter to me which one I buy. Plus my boyfriend is getting Black II for bascially the same reason, except it's Black Kyurem he wants.

I had gotten Black first and my sister White first but a year later we got the other version.
    But since this time we have our own money from babysitting, we both have enough money to get both Black and White 2 which is what we are going to do.

But I'll be playing White 2 first because I like White Kyurem and Reshiram better, while she is going to play Black 2 first for Black Kyurem and Zekrom.
    And they will be our main games of them.
    POKEMON Y
    IGN Name: Tetsuya
    Pokedex: 602 Seen | 522 Caught

My Current Favorite Y Obtained Shinies

Yaoi | Kurogane | Syaoran | Nanase | Aomine | Dan

Latest Shiny: Floatzel

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

I own Black so I'll be getting Black 2 because I need to get Zekrom. Although I'll still probably need to get White to get Thundrus.

I am getting White 2 since I have already the first White.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.
    Well I agree with you People that have White should get white 2 (thats me in my case) since is a sequel i got white and i pre order white 2
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

I'd rather get W2 since I have Black. That way, I get to see everything, and I still get Reshiram.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast