Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 220

Thread: Battle of the HAX!

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Wow. I thought you of all people would be on Iris's side; all of your posts have been very logical and well thought out, so I never expected you to complain about Iris's capture of Dragonite. There are a lot of things I would like to clarify, but I think the whole BW2 Champion thing is the most important part. I don't think anime Iris will be the next Champion. We can't rely on the games to tell us what will happen in the anime; we did that when we heard about the World Tournament in the anime, and look how that turned out.
    Calm down 4th Kira. I don't hate Iris, and to be honest I don't even hate her Dragonite or it's capture. What I dislike is how Dragonite is portrayed. Dragonite is already near legendary status without any training from Iris. This mainly goes back to my old rant about how Elite 4 characters and champions are portrayed as these uber hax trainers that can take super effective moves from other Pokemon. While I do agree the hate on Iris is unfair, I wish they handled Dragonite better. I would not have mind Iris beating Georgia or Dawn if it was done correctly instead of just having Dragonite one hit KOing everything. Everyone know's Dragonite's are strong, but Iris's already looks stronger then Drake's from the Orange League...yeah I know bad example. But I dislike Dragonite's portrayl not the Pokemon itself and I never disliked Iris.

    Edit: I agree, Iris proably won't be the a champ in the near future, but they are probably trying to get her to at least get to some level off that power. And again I wouldn't mind if they did it right. There is nothing wrong with Iris being strong. Heck it's good that she's strong but I just wish they didn't overpower Dragonite so much. Dragonite would probably have more fans if it showed some flaws in it's battles and thus need to listen to Iris instead of going it alone.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 27th August 2012 at 8:58 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    I concede some points, I don't know why i kept thinking Dragonite was weak to Thunder, ok regardless, my point of being unable to get through still stands. Plus the fact that if we consider the strength difference between Georgia and Paul I think we can tell which Pokémon is innately stronger, plus the fact that Paul's Pokémon are always the 'best of the rest' it wouldn't be farfetched to assume that Electivire stands high above Beartic.

    I can't see this 'debate' going anywhere quickly, but I still believe that Electivire would win, after all this is a free-for-all without trainer instruction and well... you know how attack minded Electivire is, or hostile so he won't be lacking anything against Dragonite, I still think Electivire is just too fast for Dragonite, if say Dragonite could land a Dragon Rush, then another attack we could see a different result, but if he came down, crashing into a protect whilst using Dragon Rush, I'd say Dragonite is doomed because Electivire there on out would have control of the pace, and since he's faster, he'll be landing more hits.

    Oh and by the way, stats of Pokémon in the games means nothing really because well... look at Pikachu lol.
    Boom, sorry to jump back in this debate but it's 100x more interesting than the one at hand XD

    You're right 100%, Dragonite wouldn't stand a chance against Electivire, The only worthwhile moves Dragonite has against it are Flamethrower and Ice Beam which both could be intercepted with Thunder (Not to mention the counter-shield Thunder.) Thunderpunch would give Electivire a speed boost, and Dragon Rush could be destroyed with Protect, also Electivire has a chance of Paralyzing Dragonite at the same time, all in all - Dragonite is dead.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Boom, sorry to jump back in this debate but it's 100x more interesting than the one at hand XD

    You're right 100%, Dragonite wouldn't stand a chance against Electivire, The only worthwhile moves Dragonite has against it are Flamethrower and Ice Beam which both could be intercepted with Thunder (Not to mention the counter-shield Thunder.) Thunderpunch would give Electivire a speed boost, and Dragon Rush could be destroyed with Protect, also Electivire has a chance of Paralyzing Dragonite at the same time, all in all - Dragonite is dead.
    At the same time Electrivire would get completely owned by Infernape, who'd possibly lose to Magmortar who'd lose to Charizard who'd lose to Electivire.... XD seriously its impossible to tell but in the end I think Anyone could win, but the thing is, just like Paul has his tanks Ash has Pokémon which can match his all the way, you just don't see it due to your Paul bias.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    At the same time Electrivire would get completely owned by Infernape, who'd possibly lose to Magmortar who'd lose to Charizard who'd lose to Electivire.... XD seriously its impossible to tell but in the end I think Anyone could win, but the thing is, just like Paul has his tanks Ash has Pokémon which can match his all the way, you just don't see it due to your Paul bias.
    You can't guarentee that, Electivire has been beaten by Infernape before but Infernape has been sat at the lab for the past god knows how long, Electivire will of seen constant usage by Paul not to mention the fact he's probably learnt from his mistakes in that battle. *cough* good tip Ash *cough*

    I don't like the scenario you presented because it makes no sense why would they all be in an arena by themselves? What would make more sense would be a series of randomized 1v1's leading up to a winner, in which case my money is on Ursaring, Charizard, Electivire or Magmortar.

    And yes I like Paul but that doesn't change anything, Paul is a far superior trainer to Ash, fact.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    You can't guarentee that, Electivire has been beaten by Infernape before but Infernape has been sat at the lab for the past god knows how long, Electivire will of seen constant usage by Paul not to mention the fact he's probably learnt from his mistakes in that battle. *cough* good tip Ash *cough*

    I don't like the scenario you presented because it makes no sense why would they all be in an arena by themselves? What would make more sense would be a series of randomized 1v1's leading up to a winner, in which case my money is on Ursaring, Charizard, Electivire or Magmortar.

    And yes I like Paul but that doesn't change anything, Paul is a far superior trainer to Ash, fact.
    No he isn't a superior trainer, otherwise he would of won in the end, until he beats Ash again he is worse in my book, your so called 'facts' have no proof behind them, sure he won battles on the way to the league but in the end they were at their full strength, Paul wouldn't use Pokémon that he thought of as inferior, so regardless if your claim is he didn't use his strongest team, that isn't like Paul at all, Paul would use Pokemon that he see's as strong as his others meanwhile Ash used Pokémon he caught only in Sinnoh, and I swear that Ninjask was caught in a flashback before his Sinnoh journey started, so Paul was using Pokémon he had for longer and couldn't win... once his plot armor was stripped he was defeated... funny that.

    Lets add Snorlax into the mix, hey even Sceptile, I would bet Snorlax taking down Ursaring and before you say hammer arm or focus blast, have you seen how much Snorlax has tanked? and he's very agile for something its size.

    We have no idea how they act at the lab, for all we know they fight each other, and as Ash compiles more Pokémon the more that can battle each other. Also you don't know if Electivire is with Paul, after all he left Electabuzz with Reggie at some point, for all we know Electivire is slacking off, if you claim that's impossible then I'll claim Infernape slacking off as equally impossible knowing that monkey's workrate.

    And I was talking hypothetically, a battle royale. For all you know in your randomized 1v1 Ursaring could go up against Infernape in the first round which =game over.

    Magmortar would never beat Charizard, and I don't see Electivire beating Infernape, I mean Electivire was charged up through motor drive anyway right? So he was faster than normal in the final battle, Infernape still matched his pace. Electivire will beat down on slower opponents with his moveset, but if he is knocked off rhythm it's game over for him, and Blazefernape is just the Pokémon to do it.

    Paul bias is clouding your vision man.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    I don't care whether or not Ash beat Paul "in the end." Paul had probably 20+ wins to 3 losses, 2 of which were to characters who are pretty much unbeatable (not so much the Pyramid king but Paul was nowhere near his final team at that point.) And you can say Paul had plot armour all you want but that simply isn't the case, Trip has lost time and time again throughout Best Wishes when it would of benefited him more to win, the only plot armour going into play was Ash winning at the league which was almost certain. (Although i've stated before I cba talking about "plot armour." Since it brings down the debate to a boring level.) You also say Snorlax would defeat Ursaring, but where is your proof? Snorlax has been shown to be a tank but so has Ursaring, the thing took about 5+ Fighting-type attacks from Barry's Hitmonlee as well as a Hydro Cannon from Empoleon and still didn't faint, as well as having multiple super-effective moves against Snorlax while Snorlax has nothing that would touch it.

    Magmortar probably would lose against Charizard (Although we hardly saw enough of Magmortar to judge that.) Electivire wouldn't beat Infernape in my mind, not again, despite the fact it might of been "training" at Oak's lab, it will of seen constant usage under Paul's ownership. Electivire was able to go toe-to-toe with Infernape right until the very end, even when Blaze was activated Electivire was still matching it's pace.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I don't care whether or not Ash beat Paul "in the end." Paul had probably 20+ wins to 3 losses, 2 of which were to characters who are pretty much unbeatable (not so much the Pyramid king but Paul was nowhere near his final team at that point.) And you can say Paul had plot armour all you want but that simply isn't the case, Trip has lost time and time again throughout Best Wishes when it would of benefited him more to win, the only plot armour going into play was Ash winning at the league which was almost certain. (Although i've stated before I cba talking about "plot armour." Since it brings down the debate to a boring level.) You also say Snorlax would defeat Ursaring, but where is your proof? Snorlax has been shown to be a tank but so has Ursaring, the thing took about 5+ Fighting-type attacks from Barry's Hitmonlee as well as a Hydro Cannon from Empoleon and still didn't faint, as well as having multiple super-effective moves against Snorlax while Snorlax has nothing that would touch it.

    Magmortar probably would lose against Charizard (Although we hardly saw enough of Magmortar to judge that.) Electivire wouldn't beat Infernape in my mind, not again, despite the fact it might of been "training" at Oak's lab, it will of seen constant usage under Paul's ownership. Electivire was able to go toe-to-toe with Infernape right until the very end, even when Blaze was activated Electivire was still matching it's pace.
    I'll continue this with you tomorrow because I'm tired but, Electivire was matching pace because motor drive had been activated, otherwise he wouldn't of been catching up, in a 1v1 where Infernape can't activate his Motor Drive it won't happen, meanwhile Infernape can go blaze, Infernape had also been in more battles. Electivire would get swapped out at times, it happened before and it can happen again,

    Also Trip was never meant to be the unbeatable person that Paul was, or at least was never meant to be portrayed as a super skilled trainer.


    Oh and you say this about Ursaring but he was taken out by one Mach Punch by Monferno, or was it a few? doesn't matter and he was in guts mode at that point in time, meanwhile Snorlax can't activate Urusring's guts unless he uses Body Slam and gets unlucky, otherwise Ursaring wouldn't be able to take down the super tank that is Snorlax.

    You can say all you like about plot armor, but you are basically conceding it exists by calling Cynthia and Brandon unbeatable, they are only unbeatable if they have plot armor... cough cough.

    Anyways enough for tonight, also this isn't really on subject anymore so if you want to continue it maybe you should send it to VM instead?


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    I'll continue this with you tomorrow because I'm tired but, Electivire was matching pace because motor drive had been activated, otherwise he wouldn't of been catching up, in a 1v1 where Infernape can't activate his Motor Drive it won't happen, meanwhile Infernape can go blaze, Infernape had also been in more battles. Electivire would get swapped out at times, it happened before and it can happen again,

    Also Trip was never meant to be the unbeatable person that Paul was, or at least was never meant to be portrayed as a super skilled trainer.


    Oh and you say this about Ursaring but he was taken out by one Mach Punch by Monferno, or was it a few? doesn't matter and he was in guts mode at that point in time, meanwhile Snorlax can't activate Urusring's guts unless he uses Body Slam and gets unlucky, otherwise Ursaring wouldn't be able to take down the super tank that is Snorlax.

    You can say all you like about plot armor, but you are basically conceding it exists by calling Cynthia and Brandon unbeatable, they are only unbeatable if they have plot armor... cough cough.

    Anyways enough for tonight, also this isn't really on subject anymore so if you want to continue it maybe you should send it to VM instead?
    Well the name of the thread is "battle of the hax" so I consider this on-topic :P

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Anyways enough for tonight, also this isn't really on subject anymore so if you want to continue it maybe you should send it to VM instead?
    Hey, it's better than anything HGH had to say, so I'm sure it's fine. xD


    Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    I'd think Dragonite would win, but since the writers forgot how to write, Serperior has a 50/50 chance of winning too.
    The writers did not forget how to write. Type advantages have never been treated like anything important.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 28th August 2012 at 1:27 AM.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Well the name of the thread is "battle of the hax" so I consider this on-topic :P
    Ok I guess, I actually am going now though it may say I'm online because my computer is still on. So do you agree to my points? lol

    @Thing: HGH?


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Ok I guess, I actually am going now though it may say I'm online because my computer is still on. So do you agree to my points? lol

    @Thing: HGH?
    Not really, I'll respond to it tomorrow or whenever, night.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pewter city
    Posts
    291

    Default

    If krok can dodge dragon...then there is no problem for serpant...and if serpant can send a buffaron flying with single dragon tail...dragonite would have lost in same time as piggy lost...with all of its attacks dogded by agile serpant...serperior would have won easily against dragonite...

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I don't care whether or not Ash beat Paul "in the end." Paul had probably 20+ wins to 3 losses, 2 of which were to characters who are pretty much unbeatable .
    paul is not unbeatable
    zoey is :P
    even dawn can't beat her

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    paul is not unbeatable
    zoey is :P
    even dawn can't beat her
    You say "even" like Dawn is the world's best battler or something, if your talking about Pokémon contests then Zoey's been beaten a bunch of times.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    paul is not unbeatable
    zoey is :P
    even dawn can't beat her
    she lost to may though

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    she lost to may though
    And to Nando, the first time. She beat him at the GF.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    I dislike zoey because she's the only main rival who the MC never got to beat, even drew and paul lost during the GF/sinnoh league.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I dislike zoey because she's the only main rival who the MC never got to beat, even drew and paul lost during the GF/sinnoh league.
    I don't think Dawn was ever supposed to beat Zoey. Zoey was a mentor and friend to Dawn. Dawn's biggest accomplishment in the League was coming close to beating the girl who everyone said was a great coordinator. Dawn caught up to Zoey like Ash said and that was a huge accomplishment but Dawn was never going to beat Zoey.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't think Dawn was ever supposed to beat Zoey. Zoey was a mentor and friend to Dawn. Dawn's biggest accomplishment in the League was coming close to beating the girl who everyone said was a great coordinator. Dawn caught up to Zoey like Ash said and that was a huge accomplishment but Dawn was never going to beat Zoey.
    I still thought it would've been better had dawn beat zoey in the top 4 and then lost to a contest version of tobias similar to may and soledad in the semifinals of kanto.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I still thought it would've been better had dawn beat zoey in the top 4 and then lost to a contest version of tobias similar to may and soledad in the semifinals of kanto.
    Well my biggest disappointment was that Dawn didn't really have a huge victory at the Grand Festival. She beat Ursula who she already beat twice before and she beat Jessie which isn't that impressive. The fact that she came in 2nd was great but I agree that she didn't have a major victory. May got to beat Drew in the Kanto Grand Festival.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    No, I just see things realistically. With the way Dragonite has battled, its power has surpassed anything Serperior has shown.
    Uhm.. Serperior has beaten three fire types and Crustle, without getting any real sort of damage, AT ALL...

    Aside from that, and why I firmly disagree is that Serperior's true strength is its speed, and I doubt even Dragonite would have an easy go with that. Whereas Beartic and Mamoswine simply tried to overpower it with sheer strength, and obviously failed, outmanouvering it with speed and status might have more effect. Serperior's moves have also overcome type disadvantage, so Frenzy Plant would probably still hurt, besides it having Dragon Tail of course.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  22. #197
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Uhm.. Serperior has beaten three fire types and Crustle, without getting any real sort of damage, AT ALL...

    Aside from that, and why I firmly disagree is that Serperior's true strength is its speed, and I doubt even Dragonite would have an easy go with that. Whereas Beartic and Mamoswine simply tried to overpower it with sheer strength, and obviously failed, outmanouvering it with speed and status might have more effect. Serperior's moves have also overcome type disadvantage, so Frenzy Plant would probably still hurt, besides it having Dragon Tail of course.
    Yeah you're right, that probably would have more effect on dragonite then what mamoswine and beartic tried to do...

    but aside from dragon tail, I see it really and honestly doing jack crap to dragonite. :/...

    I'd like to see its taking hit prowless though. if it can take things, I might change my mind about dragonite winning over it.
    alder's battle should be more then enough to prove if it can take hits due to the fact he should win.

    So then I'll make my response to this. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    805

    Default

    I'm on the Serperior would win train.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    can't we just let this drop? all this is doing is causing arguments.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    It was only a matter of time....

    But with whole WCJT being over now, I cant help but wonder, Who do you think would've won out of the Tourneys Top Dogs Iris's Dragonite and Trip's Seperior

    Both where shown to be extremely Powerful, both decimated Pokemon that they had clear type disadvantages against, and since the Tournament has thrown the type chart out the window so will I, Who do you guys think would win?

    Personally I say Dragonite, just because that thing just refuses to go down, and it seem like even if Serperior paralyzed it it would be too stubborn to give in
    Why is Serperior being called a Hax? Trip got Snvy episodes ago and trained it up to become that strong. It's too bad that we didn't see it every five to seven episodes to hint to you people that his Pokemon was being used. However with Dragonite, is a bit different don't ya think?

    My ideal battle ever!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •