Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 220 of 220

Thread: Battle of the HAX!

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Let's see

    Serperior 1HKO'd every pokemon it was up against in the Junior Cup and it was disadvantaged the entire time
    Dragonite survives multiple ice moves for no reason

    They're both Hax, but I'm going to say Serperior is better for now since he beat four pokemon in a row in the WTJC and Dragonite only beat two.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    It was only a matter of time....

    But with whole WCJT being over now, I cant help but wonder, Who do you think would've won out of the Tourneys Top Dogs Iris's Dragonite and Trip's Seperior

    Both where shown to be extremely Powerful, both decimated Pokemon that they had clear type disadvantages against, and since the Tournament has thrown the type chart out the window so will I, Who do you guys think would win?

    Personally I say Dragonite, just because that thing just refuses to go down, and it seem like even if Serperior paralyzed it it would be too stubborn to give in
    I have no idea really. Who knows what would have happened? Dragonite had alot of attacks to use against a Pokemon like Serperior but like someone said Serperior was trained long before it evolved by the same person. So maybe Serperior would have won. But I would have hated to see a match like that.

    My ideal battle ever!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But I would have hated to see a match like that.
    Same here. Trip needs to battle Ash, not another one of his random friends.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,654

    Default

    I'm gonna go with Dragonite here. He has a counter almost all of Serperior's move so..
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Not counting the Nuvema Town battle, Serperior has beaten Pikachu once, then won again against Snivy, then one-shot a Darmanitan, defeated a Heatmor, destroyed Crustle, who had been refered to as Zeustle before that incident, then defeated Ash's Pignite.

    .......Dragonite who?
    You forgot: Lost against Snivy..

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Except those pokemon don't have the power Dragonite has shown. Did Serperior collide with fire attacks and overcome them? No it didn't. Did Serperior show extreme anger when it was hit by a move? No it didn't.

    With Dragonite's flying ability, combined with ice beam, dragon rush, flamethrower, and its extreme power, you can't expect Serperior to win.
    Unless it dodges.. Eitherway, I want to see how a snake would move on an iced field.. Can it even move?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St.John's Wood,London,England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    You forgot: Lost against Snivy..



    Unless it dodges.. Eitherway, I want to see how a snake would move on an iced field.. Can it even move?
    Well said both comments,

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I'm gonna go with Dragonite here. He has a counter almost all of Serperior's move so..
    Unless Serperior dodges like he does everything. And Serperior has Dragon Tail. If he can 1HKO Fire types with grass moves, imagine what he could do to a dragon type with a dragon move.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Unless Serperior dodges like he does everything. And Serperior has Dragon Tail. If he can 1HKO Fire types with grass moves, imagine what he could do to a dragon type with a dragon move.
    That's why Thunder Punch is a counter and Dragon Rush.

    Dragonite can fly to avoid Frenzy Plant/Leer, he has Flamethrower/Ice Beam to block Solarbeam, and Dragon Rush/Thunder Punch/Flying to avoid Dragon Tail.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Let's see

    Serperior 1HKO'd every pokemon it was up against in the Junior Cup and it was disadvantaged the entire time
    Dragonite survives multiple ice moves for no reason

    They're both Hax, but I'm going to say Serperior is better for now since he beat four pokemon in a row in the WTJC and Dragonite only beat two.
    It took two hits to defeat Pignite (SolarBeam then Frenzy Plant) and Crustle got hit with Leer, and I thought Solar beam, before losing to Frenzy Plant.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    That's why Thunder Punch is a counter and Dragon Rush.

    Dragonite can fly to avoid Frenzy Plant/Leer, he has Flamethrower/Ice Beam to block Solarbeam, and Dragon Rush/Thunder Punch/Flying to avoid Dragon Tail.
    I'm glad you said that! I actually think Dragonite would have defeated Trip and Serperior. lol.. I kind of think Trip looked a little anxious when Krokorok almost lost, because I think he actually got a bit nervous to challenge it, despite his comment about knowing he would be Iris or Ash.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I'm siding with Dragonite on this one.

    It can fly, which basically means it wouldn't have to worry about Serperior's speed much. It also has 2 super effective moves that it can use against it and has showcased incredible defense. I think Serperior would ultimately have trouble with it's moves connecting with Dragonite since it can dodge it's projectile attacks by flying and Dragon Tail wouldn't get anywhere near it. Dragonite can attack Serperior from close or far range with either Flamethrower or Ice Beam, so it wouldn't have much trouble defeating it as long as it stays airborne.


  11. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    I'm siding with Dragonite on this one.

    It can fly, which basically means it wouldn't have to worry about Serperior's speed much. It also has 2 super effective moves that it can use against it and has showcased incredible defense. I think Serperior would ultimately have trouble with it's moves connecting with Dragonite since it can dodge it's projectile attacks by flying and Dragon Tail wouldn't get anywhere near it. Dragonite can attack Serperior from close or far range with either Flamethrower or Ice Beam, so it wouldn't have much trouble defeating it as long as it stays airborne.
    I might have to disagree with you on that. Remember what Ash tried to do against Claire? He tries to get Pikachu to bring Dragonaire to the ground so that it can land a hit. Just because Dragonite is what it is, doesn't mean that it can't be stopped.

    My ideal battle ever!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Dragonite is apparently immune to ice attacks but takes normal super effective damage from dragon moves so dragon tail can do the trick.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    It took two hits to defeat Pignite (SolarBeam then Frenzy Plant) and Crustle got hit with Leer, and I thought Solar beam, before losing to Frenzy Plant.
    I'm pretty sure Crustle was beaten in one hit. Leer doesn't count because he was using special attacks.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Crustle was beaten in one hit. Leer doesn't count because he was using special attacks.
    You are mistaken. It was indeed hit by both Solar Beam and Frenzy Plant

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I thought Crustle blocked Solar Beam.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I might have to disagree with you on that. Remember what Ash tried to do against Claire? He tries to get Pikachu to bring Dragonaire to the ground so that it can land a hit. Just because Dragonite is what it is, doesn't mean that it can't be stopped.
    I just think Dragonite's ability to fly gives it an advantage over Serperior, not to mention it has 2 super effective moves that can work from any range and cover the field. Serperior would have to try and knock Dragonite out of the sky with Solarbeam before it could get close enough to it with Dragon Tail, while Dragonite can just keep it's distance and hit it with Flamethrower or Ice Beam. It could also freeze the field with Ice Beam (which is a tactic we've seen before) and make it extremely hard for Serperior to maneuver, putting it at even more of a disadvantage.

    So from my point of view, if these two were to realistically battle I think Dragonite would be the victor due to its many advantages over Serperior.


  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Unless Serperior dodges like he does everything. And Serperior has Dragon Tail. If he can 1HKO Fire types with grass moves, imagine what he could do to a dragon type with a dragon move.
    Besides vs Pignite, Serperior wasn't really that fast

    Using the vs Pignite isn't really a fair match though, as it did some over the top stuff to beat Pignite and seem like a league threat
    Serperior did some ridiculous dodging against Pignite, the worse by far was dodging Fire Pledge when there was no gap big enough for it to move through, speed means nothing in that case and it made no sense.
    The Solar Beam that ended up hitting Pignite was done with no charge whatsoever, it fired Leer, Pignite jumped and got hit by Solar Beam. Every other time it used the move it had at least 1 second charge time, but this one suddenly didn't.

    And vs Adler its godly speeds was suddenly gone, Bouffalent just charged at it and knocked it out with 1 move, it didn't even try dodging. In the end Trip was given a plot convenience powerboost (which was gine the very next fight). Might aswell also add that Pikachu DID dodge Bouffelants headcharge (even though it turned around, Pikachu still jumped away, while Serperior didn' even react).

    In the end Dragonite tanked Ice attacks from Ice Pokemon, so even a Dragon Tail from Serperior shouldn't do that much damage, and based on Serperior's speed being purely plot convenience, it isn't dodging a barrage of icebeams and flamethrowers either.
    Last edited by PAndrews; 3rd October 2012 at 9:16 AM.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    I just think Dragonite's ability to fly gives it an advantage over Serperior, not to mention it has 2 super effective moves that can work from any range and cover the field. Serperior would have to try and knock Dragonite out of the sky with Solarbeam before it could get close enough to it with Dragon Tail, while Dragonite can just keep it's distance and hit it with Flamethrower or Ice Beam. It could also freeze the field with Ice Beam (which is a tactic we've seen before) and make it extremely hard for Serperior to maneuver, putting it at even more of a disadvantage.

    So from my point of view, if these two were to realistically battle I think Dragonite would be the victor due to its many advantages over Serperior.
    Serperior and Dragonite both have defeated their type disadvantage odds in the Junior Cup. I think that either one could win. But I bet my head on Serperior because Dragonite still has a bit of an attitude.

    My ideal battle ever!

  19. #219

    Default

    Trip's plot armor is tighter, so Serperior.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    In the end Dragonite tanked Ice attacks from Ice Pokemon, so even a Dragon Tail from Serperior shouldn't do that much damage
    Krookodile's Stone Edge and Dragon Claw did a lot of damage. Besides, you claim Serperior's dodging was purely plot convenience, so I guess it's the same for Dragonite's tanking ice attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    and based on Serperior's speed being purely plot convenience, it isn't dodging a barrage of icebeams and flamethrowers either.
    How the heck is Serperior supposed to be faster than the champion's pokemon?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •