Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon adventures Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen arcs

Default Pokemon adventures Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen arcs

So apparently they are being released here in the states. With all the release dates on Bulbapedia. Also thanks to lolipiece for finding this on Viz Kids.
    Vol. 15
    Vol. 16
    Vol. 17
    Vol. 18
    Vol. 19
    Vol. 20
    Vol. 21
    Vol. 22
    Vol. 23
    Vol. 24
    Vol. 25
    Vol. 26
    Vol. 27
    Vol. 28
    Vol. 29
    Last edited by Ace of Shades; 12th November 2011 at 11:10 PM.

~

I'm very sorry. But this means nothing.

They probably just generated the pages with some kind of algorithm, so those hidden pages were accidentally created. They're not accessible by normal ways and they're merely placeholders.

The ISBN numbers are inactive and if you looked at the release dates, Volume 15 should have been released a month ago. Everything on those pages is automatically generated, so I'm sorry.

These pages were probably created back when they started re-releasing Pokemon Adventures or when they began to release Gold/Silver series. They probably didn't yet know how many volumes they're gonna release, so they just created those placeholders.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    These pages were probably created back when they started re-releasing Pokemon Adventures or when they began to release Gold/Silver series. They probably didn't yet know how many volumes they're gonna release, so they just created those placeholders.
    Strange, I thought that these came up only recently.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

matt, I'm sorry, but I hate you now. I actually screamed "FINALLY! when I read your post, then I noticed something off about the release dates, then I read Maxim's post.

My hopes...wah...
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Well ain't this a kick in the groin. I saw this, got excited and was about to make some extra room on my manga bookshelf for 15-29 only to see this. According to that volume 15 should have been out by now. So unless there is a hidden/secret book place I don't know about I feel cheated. Still hope for the day where these volumes will be available. For now I wait.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Since Bulbagarden seems more convinced that the majority of these dates are real, with the exception of vol 15 (how VIZ can release it before December 6, I don't know), than SPP, I decided to double-check with VIZ. Hopefully they respond. This way, we can settle this debate, solidly. These dates have been posted on Bulbapedia, so this should be checked.

Either way, I hope these do get released eventually!
    Last edited by Lumineon457; 13th November 2011 at 2:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    Since Bulbagarden seems more convinced that the majority of these dates are real, with the exception of vol 15 (how VIZ can release it before December 6, I don't know), than SPP, I decided to double-check with VIZ. Hopefully they respond. This way, we can settle this debate, solidly. These dates have been posted on Bulbapedia, so this should be checked.

Either way, I hope these do get released eventually!
    Just to let you know, "one member" does not make up the entirety of Bulbapedia. Second, the manga section is one of the least edited on there (though I'm attempting to rectify that...) so that's because no one probably noticed it.....

Other than that, I removed them from the page until Viz decides to release the info officially....

Kinda seems so strange that they just came up all of a sudden about 3 months after the final book of the GSC arc. I guess that they might have decided to do this since to make it more clear about the part about Sird in the DP arc. Hope that could confirm that they are for real about the releasing the RS/FRLG/Emerald arcs. Though they would have to edit around with the cover over Volume 15 and have the release of it be for December 6th or later. Other than that , They would have to have one less chapter in the 15th volume also since they had the first chapter of the volume in volume 14 since it was the finally of the GSC arc.

Smashin' !

I don't know if this helps but the webpages publication dates are October 4 2011

~

Lolipiece: Point taken. However they are one person more convinced than SPP.

LucarioWolf: I was thinking the same thing. A few months ago, I actually made this lovely mockup:

Untitled-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    matt, I'm sorry, but I hate you now. I actually screamed "FINALLY! when I read your post, then I noticed something off about the release dates, then I read Maxim's post.

My hopes...wah...
    I wholeheartedly apologize.

As for this, well, I still want a solid answer for this. It's recent since no one noticed it until now so something has to be going on at the moment.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Though it won't be until VIZ Media confirms that they are releasing them for sure till we can say for sure that there would be. I mean there has been stuff in the past that is still listed to be planned to release but hasn't got confirmed to yet. One of those examples would be like Earthbound (Virtual Console) and NPC! Pikmin 2 being listed for release on the Wii on ESRB website but still no sign of release yet. But any who , Guess that it might be till sometime till next year if the do plan on releasing the first few. Though it would back to having three separate arcs of the PokeSpecial running in Amercia again.

Smashin' !

Lolipiece: Point taken. However they are one person more convinced than SPP.

LucarioWolf: I was thinking the same thing. A few months ago, I actually made this lovely mockup:

Untitled-1.jpg
    As far as that cover goes I doubt they'd call it Advanced and I hope they won't. It's to much of a throw back to the anime. Ruby and Sapphire's title is much better as that's what they are trying to represent.

And going by the more recent series' titles(Black & White, Platinum), naming them after Ruby & Sapphire(or Emerald) seems more likely.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    As far as that cover goes I doubt they'd call it Advanced and I hope they won't. It's to much of a throw back to the anime. Ruby and Sapphire's title is much better as that's what they are trying to represent.
    Well, I was trying to use a title that could encompass all three chapters. The games were called the Advanced Generation, anyway. Also, "Advanced" was easier to photoshop than "Ruby and Sapphire," "Emerald," and "FireRed and LeafGreen." Yes, I made recolors for the other games. FireRed and LeafGreen were a PAIN!

Well, at least this means that originally they planned to release all the volumes in right order before something made them change their mind. Because the new generation volumes were selling so well? Because TPCi said so? Because of the earthquake in Japan? No one knows, but I will also try and send an e-mail about this. As we know, more we sent the more they will answer.

Just out of curiosity, does there happen to exist a release page for volume 30 and onwards? With that number?

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Well, at least this means that originally they planned to release all the volumes in right order before something made them change their mind. Because the new generation volumes were selling so well? Because TPCi said so? Because of the earthquake in Japan? No one knows, but I will also try and send an e-mail about this. As we know, more we sent the more they will answer.

Just out of curiosity, does there happen to exist a release page for volume 30 and onwards? With that number?
    Vol 30 was not formatted like this, making this even weirder.
    Last edited by Lumineon457; 13th November 2011 at 6:09 PM.

Well, I was trying to use a title that could encompass all three chapters. The games were called the Advanced Generation, anyway. Also, "Advanced" was easier to photoshop than "Ruby and Sapphire," "Emerald," and "FireRed and LeafGreen." Yes, I made recolors for the other games. FireRed and LeafGreen were a PAIN!
    They don't need all three titles to be encompass. FRLG under the term Advanced is just weird, even if they were GBA generation. They aren't going to have HGSS under Diamond, Pearl, Platinum's title so they should just name the titles as they are, Ruby and Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen, Emerald. Those titles aren't even that big. They fit better then Advanced.

Even the date placeholders were there for future releases?! Also, it works for this too!

http://www.viz.com/product?id=9347

just change the last digit to move forward other volumes.

Anyways, I really hope we can get them and perhaps have RS and FR correspond with each other so we can get Emerald last.

I am still not completely convinced that VIZ will translate them. If they will I'd be happy and sad at the same time. Happy that they translate it and sell and sad because I am low on cash -.-. My sis is already making a list of things we want... if only she could pay more attention on her wallet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    I am still not completely convinced that VIZ will translate them. If they will I'd be happy and sad at the same time. Happy that they translate it and sell and sad because I am low on cash -.-. My sis is already making a list of things we want... if only she could pay more attention on her wallet too.
    They're less than ten dollars. Unless you're dirt poor, I think you might be able to manage.

It's looking better with all these newly found placeholders for the arcs now. Hope that they would just say that there are planning to do it soon for the arcs. That would be the first time recently that the North American market would actually get something that they are hoping to get. But any who , I plan to write to them about the matter to hopefully get some confirmination on the matter. Though I do hope that it wouldn't be file 13 it. Other than that , There could be an Operation for the volumes to get out since they have proven that there are a lot of people really wanting what their rallying for.

Smashin' !

I noticed that the manga release date thread was getting clogged up with the discussion of the possible release of these arcs in North America and figured this was a better place to discuss.

I remember someone saying something about putting the D/P/Pt arc on hold before sird shows up then release these arcs in Viz Bigs and I think that is a strong possibility.

~

I can't believe people still think these are going to be released.

With DPt and BW doing as well as they are, and interest rapidly shifting to what Black and White 2 is going to bring on all fronts, there is nearly zero marketable interest in these skipped volumes. Outside of fandom circles, it's highly likely that RSE and FRLG are largely forgotten by now, and Viz can make more money catering to younger audiences who started with DP or BW than they can with people who actually still care about Generation 3.

Oh, and Sird? Watch her appearance as a Galactic Commander be carefully edited to remove any mention of Team Rocket, the Three Beasts or Maxie and Archie.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I can't believe people still think these are going to be released.

With DPt and BW doing as well as they are, and interest rapidly shifting to what Black and White 2 is going to bring on all fronts, there is nearly zero marketable interest in these skipped volumes. Outside of fandom circles, it's highly likely that RSE and FRLG are largely forgotten by now, and Viz can make more money catering to younger audiences who started with DP or BW than they can with people who actually still care about Generation 3.

Oh, and Sird? Watch her appearance as a Galactic Commander be carefully edited to remove any mention of Team Rocket, the Three Beasts or Maxie and Archie.
    What the matter? Is a some crime now to be even the least bit optimistic? Viz once said that they'd like to if TPCi would allow them (there's probably more to that) and suppose TPCi does whether a remake comes out. And it's Pokemon so even if it's from Gen 3, people will still check the arcs out if they like Pokemon.
    Last edited by matt0044; 5th March 2012 at 1:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast