Thread: DPA Americanized names

Default What if DPA had Americanized names?

Just wondering was Hareta and co. would be renamed into if Viz went that route. I mean, they already use the game character's US names so why not rename the Manga characters? They didn't even name Jun Barry.

What are your ideas? What would Mitsumi be renamed to? Hareta? Koya?
    Last edited by matt0044; 28th August 2012 at 3:54 AM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Wait... what? DPA's already be released in the US, and everyone kept their names/
    Official Grass Leader for the Banzuke Wi-Fi League.

Quote Originally Posted by BNVshark View Post
    Wait... what? DPA's already be released in the US, and everyone kept their names/
    Yes, and he's asking what if their names were changed.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 28th August 2012 at 4:13 AM.

I read this manga yesterday, it's really cool so far *nodnod*

I don't see the characters having dubbed names, though. They don't feel like the same Lucas/Dawn (she's not EVEN Dawn...XD; )/Barry to me. Jun seem's kinda calmer than Barry from what I seen. Keeping their orrigional names was a good idea, they feel different. XD I liked the different feel this manga had in comparason to other d/p/plt related things (I couldn't seem to get as into that genoration for some reason...O_o; but this manga really makes me wanna try to win pearl sometime for real XD its awesome. not to mension Hareta is HALLERIOUS...XD; lol).
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Well I see how they are named in DPa Thread that they should be renamed Harry,Barry, and Mary respectively for Hareta, Jun, and Mitsumi thought i forget where the post is. But I can see why they didn't name it.
    Last edited by Ludger; 2nd September 2012 at 2:29 PM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Well I see how they are named in DPa Thread that they should be renamed Harry,Barry, and Mary respectively for Hareta, Jun, and Mitsumi thought i forget where the post is. But I can see why they didn't name it.
    No, just no. Their names are fine n Japanese and with Mitsumi's character and past named her Mary doesn't really fit same applies with Hareta and well giving Jun his English name, sounds like viz can't differentiate any characters and then to them anyone who looks like Barry will be named Barry, even thought they have all different personality. All the localized Pokemon manga what have a character that looks like Barry will be all Barry clones. Come on, if they did that, then Viz's IQ must have been lower than that of a money.

I'm just saying that mixing the US names of the game characters with the JPN names of the DPA characters seems a bit imbalanced. Nothing that ruins my read of the series but it makes me curious nonetheless.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I'm just saying that mixing the US names of the game characters with the JPN names of the DPA characters seems a bit imbalanced. Nothing that ruins my read of the series but it makes me curious nonetheless.
    I feel the same.

In any case, I don't think naming them Lucas and Dawn would've been right. The manga in Japan didn't call Lucas and Dawn by their names Kouki and Hikari.

Barry's different for me though. In the games, he's Jun by default in Japan and Barry by default in America.

All I can say is that I guess Hareta and Mitsumi would be named whatever English names have a similar meaning to what the Japanese names mean. And Jun would be Barry.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Hareta and Mitsumi meaning in Japanese is sunny and light (similar Hikali......).

Anymore guesses?

Red, Gold, Ruby, Yellow, Diamond, Sapphire, Silver, Green, Blue, Pearl, Platinum, Crystal, Emerald, Black, White. Is it Awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by tysonlee View Post
    Red, Gold, Ruby, Yellow, Diamond, Sapphire, Silver, Green, Blue, Pearl, Platinum, Crystal, Emerald, Black, White. Is it Awesome?
    This thread is about the DPA Manga not the Special Manga, I'm afraid.