Thread: Strategy for Palkia-HELP!

Default Strategy for Palkia-HELP!

I'm playing Time and I feel like such a noob but Palkia keeps trashing my team. My team consists of:

Torchic lvl 59
    Dig
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Claw
    Rock Slide

Totodile lvl 60
    Ice Fang
    Hydro Pump
    Superpower
    Crunch

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use/do/items?
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Like with many boss battles, grind and stock up on Reviver Seeds. I died several times, too but you just gotta keep going. It's usually a good idea to be able to attack from a distance, but I can see you don't have many long ranged attacks with you. Any throwing item you have in the inventory can be used to deal some damage before attacking up front.

Don't know if you like using Wonder Mail Generators, but it could come in handy.

1. Disable Hydro Pump and Superpower on Totodile. They're completly useless.
    2. SEEDS. Totter seeds, sleep seeds, any seed! Throw it at Palkia's face and try to kill it.
    3. Dig is useful if you're lucky. Foolish Palkia, ruler of space, does not see that you're underground.
    4. Spacial Rend kills you, don't bother spamming a lot of reviver seeds.
    5. Try again, and again, until you finally win.
    Did you know: Lopunny is based off a playboy bunny.

Hope you have reviver seeds. Also use those seeds that can cause status to him (orbs don't work). Be mindful of Spatial Rend which could kill your team.

Hmm. Have you maxed out Torchic's IQ? Go berserker, activate Aggressor and Intimidator, make sure Clutch Performer is active, and spam Dig. As for Totodile, I'd disable all his moves other than Crunch. To be honest, he won't be much use, so I'd just let him hold an Oran Berry to throw at you or eat himself and heal off a Spacial Rend.

This is why I love Mudkip, he laughs at all late game bosses.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

sleep seeds are ur best friend also reviver seeds and if u can find tm protect use it (u will need it later also)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Hunger seeds. Throw one at Palkia and it makes it so easy it feels like cheating.

Just chuck Hunger, X-eye, and Sleep seeds at it while you pound it from afar with ranged attacks. Also, keep at least 6 Reviver Seeds in your bag. You never know when he will use Spacial Rend.
    No Pokemon is perfect, and that is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperman1194 View Post
    Just chuck Hunger, X-eye, and Sleep seeds at it while you pound it from afar with ranged attacks. Also, keep at least 6 Reviver Seeds in your bag. You never know when he will use Spacial Rend.
    My thoughts exactly, and it is the same way I did with Dialga. But you may want to throw in a Focus Blast on Totodile. That's good on lowering Sp. Def, which would make your other ranged attacks stronger.

Though you may have a hard time doing this, Hudsonn. Since Palkia is a part Water-type, he can easily obliterate Torchic, and you'll need a diverse movepool for Totodile, since he is a pure water type himself.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I know your feel bro. Try looking for seeds. Any seed will do. They really helped me out. I luckily found a sleep seed and a couple of the confusion ones and they really saved me. That's all I have to say. Also, tr o make sure that your partner has a berry, just I case. I haven't played that part in a whil, so I might not be that helpful...

Just take it like a man. That's what I did with my riolu. He survived a spacial rend and paralyzed with FP.

Your team is at high level, so I have only these as suggestions:

*take some Revive Seeds (from 5 to 10 should be enough)

*link moves (go to Electivire's Link Shop in Treasure Town)

*throw status-ailment seeds at Palkia (Totter, Sleep, Stun Seed, for example)