Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment's from the Anime?

Default Disappointment's from the Anime?

For all the things from the anime,which disappoints you.

Ash getting reset every region.

Inb4misty

- Misty being gone Characters getting the boot
    - Ash releasing his Pokemon even though it was for a good cause
    - Some Pokemon getting mascot-status...(e.g. Piplup....>_>)
    - Ash always getting Fire starters that were abused by their trainers

- Tacky english phrasing
    - The need to dex every pokemon infront of you (sometimes twice)
    Thats about it qwaa

Ash getting reset.
    All the character replacing after every gen.
    The main girl cameos where they only appear in the gen. after their gen. then disappear forever like they never existed.
    The whole Best Wishes and Season 2 series.
    Dawn's cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

- Brock becoming a buffoon.
    - There is more bonding captures than regular captures.

Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    - Ash always getting Fire starters that were abused by their trainers
    - Cyndaquil was a wild pokemon when Ash found it.
    - Tepig's previous trainer didn't tie that rope around his mouth. Tepig caused that to himself.

TR vs TP getting postponed.

-Broken promise (Pidgeot)
    -Gliscor getting replaced by Gibble
    -How Gibble was handled
    -Ohawott (he is so annoying in this show and I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes)
    -Ash never coming back for Pidgeot
    -Dawn/Piplup and how Piplup is apparently a mascot now.
    -Tepig's voice (no good reason, it just sounds out of place I guess)
    -Ash/Pikachu resetting every region. It's incredible how much knowledge Ash looses over those boat rides

I guess those are my main gripes. I'm sure there's others, but this is what immediately pops into my head

Ash and Co's stupidity to not being able to recognize Team Rocket every time they're in disguise.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Team Rocket's obsession over Pikachu.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Pikachu getting reset doesn't bother me, although forgetting volt tackle is a bit odd considering it's his evolutionary line's signature move. What bugs me is that Ash seems to have developed amnesia prior to traveling to Unova. I just want him to re-live at least some of his experiences in the past regions he's traveled in.

Moving this to polls.

And as long as this doesn't spark any outrageous flamewars or the like, it can stay open.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Ash always being reset
    Dexing anything that moves
    The whole Best Wishes and Season 2 series. By that, I really mean Iris, Stephan, Bianca, and pretty much everybody except Cilan.
    Gliscor being replaced by a Psyduck clone. Gliscor was more entertaining.
    Chimchar being captured by Ash.
    Unova Team Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Inb4misty
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    - Misty being gone Characters getting the boot
    Stop mimicing pokemon fan 132. It's only funny when Bullkid does it.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 29th August 2012 at 8:02 PM.

The lack of focus on Ash in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossk View Post
    -Ohawott (he is so annoying in this show and I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes)
    You clearly don't know what you are talking about...

1) Ash being reseted every season.
    2) Ash's team not fully evolved.
    3) Ash's Pokemon has a few good moves.
    4) Ash being treated as trash.
    5) Team Plasma not appearing.
    6) Anime becoming more child-friendly.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Recently, lack of a sidekick ongoing quest. I admit I've been spoiled on AG and DP so to see the sidekick not get a staring in gen 5 has put me off to the anime as the new trainers on the main cast are the only main characters at this point that interest me. I hope a new sidequest will open up in the future for the sidekicks.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Let's see! Gible NOT appearing during Best Wishes 2!
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

1. ash being reset ( 10 Forever poor max because of him he will never get his starter to start off journey )
    2. party treatment ( hate many pokemon capture cause make some capture being forget eg ; palpitoad )
    3 starter treatment ( get all stater , fire starter being star , and water starter never evo ,) ( love the way they treat the starter in AG
    4. Ash stupidness ( really , where all the experience you got from 4 region)
    5. They didnt air TP vs TR
    6. Iris get emolga ( i hate when she got that lazy rodent , i hope she get snivy then ash , look snivy now its like she disappear in pokmn bw season 2 )\
    7. iris didnt get Deino
    8 How pokemon musical being show ( i want that pokemon musical like some singing competition where the trainer sing and the pokemon use move to make the performence better and the battle with other trianer will be like duet )
    9. there is no triple battle

#1 thing that dissapoints me is every time ash see's a older generation he had caught or old rival/villan has caught in the past he never brings them up.

examples'

-roxy's koffing we could of atleast got a mention from ash that james from team rocket once had one.

-onyx ash could of told the group that brock had a onyx but it evolved into a steelix

-kingler in the onyx episode ash should of told the group he gots one at home in kanto

-and lastly larvitar in the cubcoo episode ash could of told them that he took care of a lost larvitar untill he found its mother.

thats what kind of things that dissapoints me ash should bring up his past too his new traveling companions but i guess the wrighters want us too think he never went too other regions before.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nnjyp4.jpg[/IMG]

- We never get to see Ritchie and Sparky again.

- Ash almost NEVER recognizing some legendaries despite seeing/meeting/interacting with them in his past.

- Anything past Hoenn never really gave the same vibe as watching the original series/season. Blinded by nostalgia maybe? Most of the earlier episodes taught some sort of lesson.

- The Pokemon anime's problems (at least when I watched it) were mainly that every episode reused the same ideas. All of the same jokes were constantly reused in every episode. Well, not EVERY episode...but most of them.

For example, what's Team Rocket going to try to do? Catch Pikachu. How are they going to try and do it? With some new machine they bought somehow. How are Ash and co. going to get Pikachu back? With a new Pokemon they either met in the episode or caught recently. Every concept in the Pokemon anime, just like these, are reused throughout the entire series. After a while it just becomes boring and redundant.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

"These doughnuts are great, jelly filled are my favorite! Nothing beats a jelly filled doughnut!"

I just wish FUNimation claimed it first
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

-Team Rocket following Ash to every region
    -Kenny's existence
    -Dawn never beating Zoey

Ill list my top 5 disappointments:
    -traveling companions constantly getting replaced just when people grew attached to them and when anime dived into someone story allowing us to get them better. Instead of writers actually deciding to capitalize on their popularity doing continuation of development.

Like Misty departure for example which was disappointing, because she left while there was left much more to be desired(such as her water master dream, backstory, various ambitions she had) , and always brought great humor and engaging dynamic which was never repeated ever since. But its not only her because Tracey, May or Max left cast when having left more to offer too.

Which is mistake imo because it would be more appreciated if they invested more in someone aside from Ash who proved to be successful and likable going on bigger and better things, having more stable cast which grows together and advances like One Piece does for example. Instead of constantly adding new faces which end up halfway unfinished never to be seen again along with rest of crew.

-Ash not winning pokemon league for change. We all know winning one regional tournament wont make him pokemon master, so its not like writers couldn't go forward with him diving deeper into his goal going through more meaningful development. Instead we get rinse and repeat at start of every new region.

-characters not aging. Now i understand this is kids show but having Ash and others stuck in time loop makes their growth unbelievable and messes with timeline. Pity, because by aging them by one to two years would still keep them young enough to be relatable to target audience while also helping their stories by great deal, considering how writers would be able to do deeper and more subtle growth with older character.

-writers butchering plots which seemed promising and could have lead to great and impacting storyline. Such as GS ball, Team Aqua and Magma fiasco etc.

-many Ash older pokemon like Kingler, Muk, Totodile being left abandoned to rot instead of being used for something productive when opportunity arises.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 2nd September 2012 at 8:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheotherLati View Post
    - We never get to see Ritchie and Sparky again.

- Ash almost NEVER recognizing some legendaries despite seeing/meeting/interacting with them in his past.

- Anything past Hoenn never really gave the same vibe as watching the original series/season. Blinded by nostalgia maybe? Most of the earlier episodes taught some sort of lesson.

- The Pokemon anime's problems (at least when I watched it) were mainly that every episode reused the same ideas. All of the same jokes were constantly reused in every episode. Well, not EVERY episode...but most of them.

For example, what's Team Rocket going to try to do? Catch Pikachu. How are they going to try and do it? With some new machine they bought somehow. How are Ash and co. going to get Pikachu back? With a new Pokemon they either met in the episode or caught recently. Every concept in the Pokemon anime, just like these, are reused throughout the entire series. After a while it just becomes boring and redundant.
    Unless you haven't watched Best Wishes I don't see how anyone could say that about Team Rocket at this point.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast