Thread: Rate my SoulSilver battle tower team please.

Default Rate my SoulSilver battle tower team please.

Blissey @ Light clay
    Serene Grace
    252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 SpAtk
    Sassy (+SpDef, -Spd)
    -Charm
    -Light Screen
    -Flash
    -Thunderwave/Ice beam (Can't decide)

I'm using Blissey as my lead mainly as a special wall. She's going to be used to buy time and set up for the rest of my team. Considering this is my BT team I won't exactly be able to scout since the trainers rarely switch out, so Blissey is relatively safe unless her only weakness in a fighting type is the opponent's lead. I can't decide if I should even give her a damaging move considering her defensive nature. (Help!)

Tyranitar @ Quickclaw
    Sandstream
    104 HP, 252 Atk, 152 Def
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Rock slide
    -Swords Dance

Tyranitar here is going to double as a physical wall and a physical sweeper. He's not so fast so quick claw is there to try and give him an edge when I need it. He has a moveset that can ruin many types at once and he also sets up a sandstorm with his Sand Stream ability. Because of this I'm going to try to use him last if at all possible, because I didn't exactly prepare my team around his ability. This is one of my biggest weaknesses I feel, but a small one overall.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Inner Focus
    4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
    Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    -Air Slash
    -Giga Drain
    -Heat Wave
    -Toxic

Crobat is a stud through and through and he's one of my favorite pokemon to use in game as well as in strategic battling. His purpose on this team is to tackle my other two pokemon's main weakness: Fighting type. Although I know he doesn't have the best base stats for being a Special Sweeper, he's incredibly fast and can use this to his advantage. He's also the member of my team who will use, in my opinon, the single most crippling move in pokemon: Toxic.

I haven't use this team yet but I'm curious as to what you all think about it. I'm relatively new to even bothering with EV training my pokemon but I am looking for a new aspect of the games to master. Thanks for your input! =]

Those pokemon are very good choices! Though I think some deserve personal ratings.
    BLISSEY: 6/10. Blissey should be the pokemon you use for healing mostly. In the battle tower, if I had a Blissey, I'd put mine as second.
    TYRANITAR: 10/10 FANTASTIC CHOISE! You will be nearly unstopabble with a Tyranitar that has the right moves! Excellent!
    CROBAT: 9/10
    Crobat is a very good choice for the story, but at the Battle tower, hes not much help unless he has the right moves and the right Item.
    You have an Excellent team. Though some of it needs work, I admire your choice! Keep it up.
    ~Bane of a Grass Type Gym Leader~

Thank you! I've kinda been on the fence about Blissey and considering giving her healing wish. Just wasn't sure how effective it would be sacrificing her unless I was in a pinch.

I know what you mean, but IMO, dont take blissey for granted, hah. Blissey is a very rare pokemon, even I dont have 1 yet. XD
    Maybe someday on Soulsilver we could duel?
    ~Bane of a Grass Type Gym Leader~

Definitely! I was working on an online team and then realized how many of the useful moves that tutors teach cost battle points and decided to focus on that for now. So I spent like a solid week on my team and then totally switched them all out haha. As a side note, I've got a leafeon I could trade you as well, if you're still looking. =] And I could breed it to be specific if you'd like.