View Poll Results: Are you entering?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 70.45%
  • No

13 29.55%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Friendly, a Wi-Fi Tournament! Are you coming?

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Well, right now with the All Star Cup Japan is doing right now for Black 2 and White 2 has three divisions by the age group: The Masters division is for anyone who was born before 1996, the Senior division is for people who were born between 1997 and 2000 and the Junior division is for everyone that were born after 2001. I hope they do that when Black 2 and White 2 are released to the rest of the world.
    they probablt will... if they dont... theres something wrong with them i guess o.o

Had another great battle- 35-31885-12524
    Could have killed him with T-bolt, but decided to be a troll and let him kill himself.
    (watch the vid and you'll understand.)

Today's been kind of a meh day for me. Took my 3-1 record from yesterday, and now I'm sitting on a 4-7. The competition seems to have gotten much tougher today. Last night before I went to bed, I had a particularly disappointing defeat. Totally woulda had it no problem if 1 of two things had happened: A) 2nd Protect in a row on the same poke had failed, or B) My Hydro Pump had not have missed x_x I saved the vid, so I'll edit the code in a bit later.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Had a pretty good battle with someone which came down between their Metagross and my Ferrothorn, clash of the steel types!

Here is the battle vid: 22-18886-79646
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

I'm at 20 battles now. So far I haven't had a SINGLE ragequit; I guess I'm just extremely lucky.

I've had one back to back battle with an extremely worthy opponent though - Uwe from Netherlands.

He's using a team of Ambipom - Crobat(shiny) with Hydreigon and Terrakion(shiny).

The stats are incredibly; I'm not gonna say they're hacked since my own Pokemon have multiple 31 IVs that I've gotten legit.

Both times I've lost, but both battles have been really enjoyable.

Right now my stats are 18 wins and 4 losses. 2 DCs at team preview.

EDIT:

And again - my advice for dealing with ragequiters that I developed over the years - If you're SO GOOD that you can make your opponent SO UPSET with themsleves at a VIDEO GAME that they shut off the video game in a fit; that's just a sign of how talented you are at your craft. This tournament isn't for any prize but self respect so the simple fact that you DID cause the ragequit should be a badge of honor for you. Take it as a point of pride that you managed it. That mindset helps me in most games deal with people.
    Last edited by ZadeLunette; 15th September 2012 at 8:10 PM.
    I'm a Pokemon Breeder and Battler who enjoys thinking outside the box and using nonstandard combinations. I never play Singles and prefer Triples and Doubles battles.

Black FC: 1636 0134 9354

Black 2 FC: 4342 0408 6129

3DS FC: 0430 - 8294 - 8077

When not playing games I'm a published writer of Science Fiction and Children's Fantasy; this is my true passion and what I hope to do for the rest of my life.

Finished the night 8-2, 1561. Ok night! Lost my last match, and i figure I should probably quit for the night and just pick up tomorrow. Good games! I've taken notes of every match, and I'll post them all as I type them up!

Sucks I work through all of this. I can't really put in a whole lot of time and battles into this.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 15th September 2012 at 8:20 PM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

jklfdakfdls;akfdsa ughhhh Finally netted a solid win and.... rage quit >.>
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

thunder wave spam... spore spam... i hate this --'

Oho, I just had an excellent battle against a German player named TOM I had to overwrite my last battle vid for it, but wevs

78-50401-68231

As one can probably tell, the game was closer than the score suggests. He had me on the ropes near the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZadeLunette View Post
    And again - my advice for dealing with ragequiters that I developed over the years - If you're SO GOOD that you can make your opponent SO UPSET with themsleves at a VIDEO GAME that they shut off the video game in a fit; that's just a sign of how talented you are at your craft. This tournament isn't for any prize but self respect so the simple fact that you DID cause the ragequit should be a badge of honor for you. Take it as a point of pride that you managed it
    That is such good advice it's going right in my signature.

I tried some more battles a little while ago. The first two opponents I found D/C'd before we even got to pick our Pokemon, and the third one disconnected just before the results could be sent in. I had won, BTW. I guess he might have been a little peeved that my Rotom Tricked a Choice Scarf onto his Hitmonlee just before his Chandelure got off a Trick Room. Or maybe it was the fact that his Chandelure's Overheat did next to nothing to my Stunfisk (it had been used once previously in the battle, in all fairness, so its Special Attack had already been lowered). Might also have been when his own Tyranitar caused Garchomp's Sand Veil to activate when my Stunfisk used Earthquake. Could have been all of that, I dunno, it had been a pretty good match for me.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    That is such good advice it's going right in my signature.

I tried some more battles a little while ago. The first two opponents I found D/C'd before we even got to pick our Pokemon, and the third one disconnected just before the results could be sent in. I had won, BTW. I guess he might have been a little peeved that my Rotom Tricked a Choice Scarf onto his Hitmonlee just before his Chandelure got off a Trick Room. Or maybe it was the fact that his Chandelure's Overheat did next to nothing to my Stunfisk (it had been used once previously in the battle, in all fairness, so its Special Attack had already been lowered). Might also have been when his own Tyranitar caused Garchomp's Sand Veil to activate when my Stunfisk used Earthquake. Could have been all of that, I dunno, it had been a pretty good match for me.
    Glad it's helpful! ^^

-and yeesh. I guess I'm just REALLY lucky. I still haven't had any ragequits; nor any status-talkers to speak of. All my opponents have been really honorable and clean fighters (not that there's anything wrong with Status Talking sets; I usually run status-talkers). I've gotten a lot of sets with Garchomp/Zapdos/Cresselias but since my team is actually VERY well suited to take those three out I'm not troubled by their frequency.

EDIT: Just had an AMAZING battle against a player that was in the 1800~ range. Was against a lass from France who had a frightening team. I won't spoil the ending but it was one of the most exciting battles I've had in Pokémon! 33-29997-80746 is the Battle Video. I really hope I can see her again so I can fight her with different match-ups. It was a real pleasure.
    Last edited by ZadeLunette; 15th September 2012 at 9:47 PM.
    I'm a Pokemon Breeder and Battler who enjoys thinking outside the box and using nonstandard combinations. I never play Singles and prefer Triples and Doubles battles.

When not playing games I'm a published writer of Science Fiction and Children's Fantasy; this is my true passion and what I hope to do for the rest of my life.

Here's a video from a tailwind team I battled. I messed up a little at the start, letting them get Tailwind setup, but it wasn't too much trouble.
    74-88677-61067

And here's the battle from the other trainers point of view.
    27-32199-77575
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Here's a video from a tailwind team I battled. I messed up a little at the start, letting them get Tailwind setup, but it wasn't too much trouble.
    74-88677-61067

And here's the battle from the other trainers point of view.
    27-32199-77575
    How did you manage to get the other trainer's battle video? Did you know who it was you were battling and got them to upload it too?

How did you manage to get the other trainer's battle video? Did you know who it was you were battling and got them to upload it too?
    No, they just happened to upload it. I found it when I was looking through all the competition battle vids.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

i just lost really bad against a shedinja, i dont have anything that can inflict burn or toxic :/
    at least im prou i didnt run away like some people would.
    that guy played pretty well i enjoyed it

EDIT: this may be it for me --' just DCed unintentionally and im sure i would've lost that.
    i was almost at 1800 (1786) and with 2 defeats i ranked down to 1715 :/
    maybe i'll battle tomorrow i dont know
    Last edited by KuzKan; 15th September 2012 at 10:48 PM.

I'm so pissed right now, I beat some guy in the 1700's and he DC after I kill his last pokemon.
    On the other hand, I owned him.

EDIT: watch the vid- 72-95416-39523.
    Had a VERY close match with this guy.
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 15th September 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    I'm so pissed right now, I beat some guy in the 1700's and he DC after I kill his last pokemon.
    On the other hand, I owned him.
    Hah! What a sore loser! XD

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Hah! What a sore loser! XD
    are you Referring to me or the person who I battled?

Edited my post right before you posted, so here's the vid again- 72-95416-39523.
    Had a VERY close match with this guy, curse swampert!

EDIT: battled another rage quiter, I killed his Staraptor, and he RQ'd. he was 1600's. seems everyone in the high ranks RQ when I knock out a Poke.
    I'm getting sick of RQers.
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 15th September 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    are you Referring to me or the person who I battled?

Edited my post right before you posted, so here's the vid again- 72-95416-39523.
    Had a VERY close match with this guy, curse swampert!

EDIT: battled another rage quiter, I killed his Staraptor, and he RQ'd. he was 1600's. seems everyone in the high ranks RQ when I knock out a Poke.
    I'm getting sick of RQers.
    I meant the person who DC on you after beating them.

Heehee, just had my first ragequit.

Though really I have a hard time blaming the guy.

He had a score of 1410. He sent out Emboar and Flygon. I sent out my lovely ladies Cloyster and Mienshao.

Turn one Mienshao uses Flying-Gem boosted Acrobatics to OHKO Emboar and Cloyster uses Skill-Link Icicle Spear to OHKO Flygon.

After two minutes of "Your opponent is considering..." I got the "The connection with the other person has been lost." screen.

Like I said; in this instance I can't really blame the guy. =P

Just got massacred by a freaking unoriginal rain team.
    I need a Blastoise Choice scarf counter. XD

Hey guys, nice seeing your stories. I haven't had much rage quitting recently.
    It's true that it seems like the level got higher, maybe some people whose teams didn't work quit.
    I was up to 1770+ rating after a streak of many many wins, but now I keep getting some wins, then some loses, so i'm sitting at around 1700-1720. Which is actually a lot more enjoyable, it is my first tournament and it's great, really fun!
    Btw if you want to add me in your OP list:
    Trainer name: Dino
    Sprite: Ace Trainer

Update, I just got a ragequit, it's been a while -.-
    Pokemon X! woohoo
    My Friend Safari is Fairy and it has Floette, Kirlia and Swirlix!
    3ds FC: 2852 - 8041 - 1648
    PM me yours if you add me!

Another guy Rage-quited on me
    Man, that's 3 RQ's in a row, people must hate my team. lol

What actually gets me more frazzled than ragequitters - people who have Quick Claw or Bright Powder. I'm so particular about Pokemon Speed and Pokemon Accuracy that whenever someone uses an item that has a 10% chance or whatever of randomly making them not matter the part of my brain that has spent alllll thaaaat tiiiiime memorizing everything just has a big hissy fit and wants to rage around the room throwing things and yelling.

Especially when the a slow Pokemon outspeeds my fast ones or my 100% accurate attack misses and it costs me the match on the last turn. That boils me up and causes me to take breaks more than any RQs.

...like what just happened now. ^_^ *closes the system*

Truth is it's very frustrating when your team is good but not perfect, to have ragequits. For me, it's been like losing, then winning but the opponent ragequiting, then losing again, etc. So yeah, I was close to 1800 rating, now I've dropped to 1680's :/
    Btw, I wish I could have gotten my hands on a Cresselia, I've seen such good Cresselia-Metagross combos, I could only break a couple of them.

What actually gets me more frazzled than ragequitters - people who have Quick Claw or Bright Powder. I'm so particular about Pokemon Speed and Pokemon Accuracy that whenever someone uses an item that has a 10% chance or whatever of randomly making them not matter the part of my brain that has spent alllll thaaaat tiiiiime memorizing everything just has a big hissy fit and wants to rage around the room throwing things and yelling.

Especially when the a slow Pokemon outspeeds my fast ones or my 100% accurate attack misses and it costs me the match on the last turn. That boils me up and causes me to take breaks more than any RQs.

...like what just happened now. ^_^ *closes the system*
    Luck is part of the game though. I was thinking of using a Moody Glalie with Brightpowder in case I had an empty spot in my team, just for laughs.
    After all it's just one loss, chances are you won't be getting any more of those, since those items have a 10% chance of working and not many people use them.

Edit: Sorry for doulbe-posting, I'm new to forums and stuff, fixing it!
    Last edited by dinokon; 15th September 2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Pokemon X! woohoo
    My Friend Safari is Fairy and it has Floette, Kirlia and Swirlix!
    3ds FC: 2852 - 8041 - 1648
    PM me yours if you add me!

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast