View Poll Results: Are you entering?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 70.45%
  • No

13 29.55%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Friendly, a Wi-Fi Tournament! Are you coming?

I'm not sure if I've run into any if you, but if you battle a "MrZheng" from New York, that's me! Currently at a 1917 rating with 70 battles completed, only ~10 DCs or so.
    2012 Wi-Fi International Challenge Champion
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion
    2012 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Where on Smogon/Serebii did you read that?
    Sorry, I was looking at the attack stat. You're correct people, it is 169. Lol now I feel stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertron View Post
    I'm not sure if I've run into any if you, but if you battle a "MrZheng" from New York, that's me! Currently at a 1917 rating with 70 battles completed, only ~10 DCs or so.
    IT'S THE US NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!

Adding you to the op. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

anyone hear in 1900s?

Wow, I got very lucky against this one player from Germany named Tobias who I think I played against yesterday since I remember seeing that they had all three legendary beasts, Suicune, Entei and Raikou. My Ferrothorn got lucky with his quick claw to get Suicune health low and Gliscor came in for the two for one using Earthquake to take out both Suicune and their Metagross. XD
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by ZadeLunette View Post
    I too can't believe how much I've been enjoying the battles. It's been a great challenge and rush facing such lively opponents. I just wish it wasn't such a hassle to face individuals (having to have both people register eachother's unique FCs instead of just being able to search names or teams that are on at the time) since I'd love to battle fellow Serebii players as well.
    Wait, is there a way to battle someone specific if you've swapped friend codes? one of my friends is playing in the tournament and I wouldn't mind playing him once officially xD

As for tournament status, 19 games, 9 Wins 10 Losses. I did much better yesterday and was able to pretty much equal out my wins and losses. My team isn't super great and I have very little experience in doubles, so that's about how I figured my record would be :3 Hopefully today I can pull it farther into the positive side >w>
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertron View Post
    DEFINITELY looking forward to a match with you now. My whole reason for entering was to gear up for the VGCs.

If you see "Zade" from Alabama asking if Victory is Important then know I'll put on my best effort!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    Wait, is there a way to battle someone specific if you've swapped friend codes? one of my friends is playing in the tournament and I wouldn't mind playing him once officially xD
    I doubt it; I was just referring to the normal way of battling others on Wi-Fi. If you could battle individuals in this tournament that'd lead to way too much cheap tactics (setting up dummy accounts with lvl 1 Pokemon that you can beat up on; etc).
    Last edited by ZadeLunette; 16th September 2012 at 5:55 PM.
    I'm a Pokemon Breeder and Battler who enjoys thinking outside the box and using nonstandard combinations. I never play Singles and prefer Triples and Doubles battles.

Black FC: 1636 0134 9354

Black 2 FC: 4342 0408 6129

3DS FC: 0430 - 8294 - 8077

When not playing games I'm a published writer of Science Fiction and Children's Fantasy; this is my true passion and what I hope to do for the rest of my life.

Well, update while waiting for a battle to pop up.

So, I'm currently at 17-3, 7 DCs, for a total of 26 battles. My latest score is 1645, not including my last match cos it hasn't loaded yet. I wish I'd had more time to play, but I have to bounce between 2 jobs, plus the rest of the nuisances of life (and the happy parts with the girlfriend). I decided to just stay up late and get in as many battles before about 3:30 am for me.

A lot of really interesting battles, although some of them seem too easy. That's probably when I bump into a less experienced/competitive trainer. I do like the array of Pokemon I'm seeing though. It's really nice seeing all these different teams, using uncommon Pokemon, as opposed to all the standard teams.

My internet connection drops sometimes, although it's usually at the beginning of the battle. I'm a little worried they'll count against me in their DC count, but we'll see. I know for sure of the 7 DCs, 3 of them were before the battles officially began, possibly from me. Which is sad, as some of my favorite matches of the tourney were DC'd before I could save the video. Hopefully it works out alright though. Fingers crossed!

Idle Chatter Topic:
    What are you guys doing besides battling? Obviously, there is that wait moment before a battle, and sometimes, you don't bump into anyone for a while. And even with that, there's still what's going on during the battle.

So I guess the question is, are you guys doing something else while battling? For example, are you watching TV or something on the computer? Are you listening to music? What're you all doing?

I personally have been trying to find a happy medium. I'm sticking with my Pokemon, but I couldn't decide on the right background noise. I tried watching the raw Japanese episodes of the Pokemon anime, but I couldn't focus with all the pictures moving and not knowing what was going on. So I tried watching the dubbed episodes of the anime instead. That didn't work for me either, since I couldn't really keep up with what was going on in the episode due to my concentrating on my battles/notetaking. So, I finally decided on just playing a podcast in the background. I tried listening to a few of different ones, bouncing between an array of Competitive Pokemon podcasts, TCG Podcasts, and a blend of the two, and ultimately decided on Purple Version: It's Super Effective Pokemon Podcast. Great guys, I just started recording with them as well as a special guest, and they have very interesting convos. I couldn't listen to my own Pokemon Podcast, StriatonRadio, since I get distracted by my own voice (I tend to correct myself as i listen XD).

And on top of all that, I'm doing laundry. hahah XD

But yeah, besides letting us know about your battles, what else are you guys doing?

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

I'm online with Mario Kart Wii, I tried battling and racing at the same time..............not a good idea. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I'm online with Mario Kart Wii, I tried battling and racing at the same time..............not a good idea. (-_-)
    Noooo that is not a good idea haha. XD

I'm only not doing it because 1. my perfect team is still in eggs right now and 2. i forgot my GL username and password. XD

I think I am playing a hacker. This person, John from Norway has a Aerodactyl that kept using Rock Slide to keep causing my team to flinch until the final turn where I was FINALLY able to score the final two hits to take it down. There is usually no way a move can keep causing your team to flinch so many times even with the Kings Rock that helps causes flinching with whatever attack you use. Here is the battle vid for you guys to see and decide: 12-94845-02411

I like trying to keep up the Pokémon theme with maybe the show or music (whether it be from cds, Youtube, or even just putting the music on from the battle itself) or just regular tv if I can find something.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    [SIZE=5]Idle Chatter Topic:
    But yeah, besides letting us know about your battles, what else are you guys doing?
    Dawwwe; just had another DC. Bulky Cresselia was getting stalled out by my team. Sore loser. =/

Oh well. I really don't have the mult-tasking ability at all; in matches I'm focused ENTIRELY on the Pokemon and trying to remember what their max speed values could be and what moves they might be running considering their partners (My lovely lady Meinshao has Wide Guard ready at all times).

-but in between matches I'm usually leaning back in my chair thinking about the current scene in my novel. I have my book pulled up in another window here on the PC with the current paragraph waiting unfinished. I'll just stare at it and think about how best to finish it.

Usually I'll think adding my Mienshao as a character...but that may just be because I haven't gotten enough sleep...
    I'm a Pokemon Breeder and Battler who enjoys thinking outside the box and using nonstandard combinations. I never play Singles and prefer Triples and Doubles battles.

Black FC: 1636 0134 9354

Black 2 FC: 4342 0408 6129

3DS FC: 0430 - 8294 - 8077

When not playing games I'm a published writer of Science Fiction and Children's Fantasy; this is my true passion and what I hope to do for the rest of my life.

Well, update while waiting for a battle to pop up. So, I'm currently at 17-3, 7 DCs, for a total of 26 battles. My latest score is 1645, not including my last match cos it hasn't loaded yet. I wish I'd had more time to play, but I have to bounce between 2 jobs, plus the rest of the nuisances of life (and the happy parts with the girlfriend). I decided to just stay up late and get in as many battles before about 3:30 am for me. A lot of really interesting battles, although some of them seem too easy. That's probably when I bump into a less experienced/competitive trainer. I do like the array of Pokemon I'm seeing though. It's really nice seeing all these different teams, using uncommon Pokemon, as opposed to all the standard teams. My internet connection drops sometimes, although it's usually at the beginning of the battle. I'm a little worried they'll count against me in their DC count, but we'll see. I know for sure of the 7 DCs, 3 of them were before the battles officially began, possibly from me. Which is sad, as some of my favorite matches of the tourney were DC'd before I could save the video. Hopefully it works out alright though. Fingers crossed!Idle Chatter Topic:What are you guys doing besides battling? Obviously, there is that wait moment before a battle, and sometimes, you don't bump into anyone for a while. And even with that, there's still what's going on during the battle. So I guess the question is, are you guys doing something else while battling? For example, are you watching TV or something on the computer? Are you listening to music? What're you all doing?I personally have been trying to find a happy medium. I'm sticking with my Pokemon, but I couldn't decide on the right background noise. I tried watching the raw Japanese episodes of the Pokemon anime, but I couldn't focus with all the pictures moving and not knowing what was going on. So I tried watching the dubbed episodes of the anime instead. That didn't work for me either, since I couldn't really keep up with what was going on in the episode due to my concentrating on my battles/notetaking. So, I finally decided on just playing a podcast in the background. I tried listening to a few of different ones, bouncing between an array of Competitive Pokemon podcasts, TCG Podcasts, and a blend of the two, and ultimately decided on Purple Version: It's Super Effective Pokemon Podcast. Great guys, I just started recording with them as well as a special guest, and they have very interesting convos. I couldn't listen to my own Pokemon Podcast, StriatonRadio, since I get distracted by my own voice (I tend to correct myself as i listen XD). And on top of all that, I'm doing laundry. hahah XDBut yeah, besides letting us know about your battles, what else are you guys doing?
    checking serebii, on the clan i'm in's xat and listening to DragonForce,max volume of course. all that and the Autumn friendly.i find if you're not doing homework or school stuff it's easy to multi-task.lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZadeLunette View Post
    Dawwwe; just had another DC. Bulky Cresselia was getting stalled out by my team. Sore loser. =/

Oh well. I really don't have the mult-tasking ability at all; in matches I'm focused ENTIRELY on the Pokemon and trying to remember what their max speed values could be and what moves they might be running considering their partners (My lovely lady Meinshao has Wide Guard ready at all times).

-but in between matches I'm usually leaning back in my chair thinking about the current scene in my novel. I have my book pulled up in another window here on the PC with the current paragraph waiting unfinished. I'll just stare at it and think about how best to finish it.

Usually I'll think adding my Mienshao as a character...but that may just be because I haven't gotten enough sleep...
    Hahaha Fair enough. Meinshao character sounds entertaining. XD

I feel bad for the person I just battled. She obviously just brought her In-Game team. She DC'd but I don't blame her.

when i was battling i was watching some minecraft gamelays on youtube xD

i dont think ill battle anymore until the end, tomorrow school starts an im feeling preety down because of it

This is too priceless! I forced some sore loser to DC who has a score over 1900. XD

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    This is too priceless! I forced some sore loser to DC who has a score over 1900. XD
    What were they using?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    What were they using?
    I can not recall their entire team since it ended once I took out their Garchomp with Draco Meteor but just had my fourth straight DC/rage quitter/sore loser. One of the sore losers is from Illinois and they have exactly four Pokemon in their team: Landorus, Tornadus, Hydreigon and Garchomp. So if anyone sees someone from Illinois with only four Pokemon and it is these four, then that person is a rage quitter so be prepared.

EDIT: Now make that five in a row. Played against someone from Gabon who was using Gengar and Krookodile and they DC aka rage quit after taking out their Gengar with a critical OHKO.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 16th September 2012 at 7:07 PM.

I also play since Red and Blue... so many years ago *-*

I started looking at competitive since I found Serebii back in the end of RSE. Never played online but tried to train some EV'd Pokémon for Battle Frontier. With DPPt came the Wi-Fi and I started playing. I was never a top player because I don't go with staple teams. I don't use Garchomp/Zapdos/Terrakion just because it's what everyone uses. But I played over 800 hours in Diamond just because of the Wi-Fi with training, battles, trades, events, shinies... lots of things.

Now it's my first entering in competitive 5th Gen and I'm starting my team. This Wi-Fi tournament is perfect to improve my team and my skills. I also found out back in 4th Gen that I'm better at Doubles xD

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Trainer Sprite: I am a ranger I believe.
    OT: Connor
    Location: I don't think I registered, but if I did, it would be in florida USA, or Just USA. lol
    Message: The base message. "I am Trainer". I haven't touched it at all. XD

47-14904-29850.
    I just had my best match in vgc ever (in-terms of me winning.) I beat this guy with 1886. I WILL NEVER SPEAK BAD OF EXTREME SPEED SUICUNE AGAIN. Suicune was my savoir in this match...look at it taking that electric gem thunderbolt LIKE A BOSS. <3...survive with 2 hp? MIRROR COAT!
    8D

I am so proud of my singles team (barring electross) for doing so freaken well in this <3...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I never thought the elemental gems would get so much use when I first saw them. But they have some point specially in a 4 vs. 4 match.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Idle Chatter Topic:
    What are you guys doing besides battling? Obviously, there is that wait moment before a battle, and sometimes, you don't bump into anyone for a while. And even with that, there's still what's going on during the battle.

So I guess the question is, are you guys doing something else while battling? For example, are you watching TV or something on the computer? Are you listening to music? What're you all doing?

I personally have been trying to find a happy medium. I'm sticking with my Pokemon, but I couldn't decide on the right background noise. I tried watching the raw Japanese episodes of the Pokemon anime, but I couldn't focus with all the pictures moving and not knowing what was going on. So I tried watching the dubbed episodes of the anime instead. That didn't work for me either, since I couldn't really keep up with what was going on in the episode due to my concentrating on my battles/notetaking. So, I finally decided on just playing a podcast in the background. I tried listening to a few of different ones, bouncing between an array of Competitive Pokemon podcasts, TCG Podcasts, and a blend of the two, and ultimately decided on Purple Version: It's Super Effective Pokemon Podcast. Great guys, I just started recording with them as well as a special guest, and they have very interesting convos. I couldn't listen to my own Pokemon Podcast, StriatonRadio, since I get distracted by my own voice (I tend to correct myself as i listen XD).

And on top of all that, I'm doing laundry. hahah XD

Well, when waiting for a battle, I wait 30-35 seconds to find a match, then I back out, watch a few battle videos or read a few threads before trying again.

As for when I'm not playing matches, there's always housework to get done and I borrowed some books from the library, so I take time reading those when I need a break. It helps when I start getting frustrated battling. Right now I'm reading the last Redwall book: The Rogue Crew.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Ugh, eight DCs in a row. Seriously rage quitters/sore loser, be glad that is only a 'friendly' not a tournament because most of you would been long gone already! D:<

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast