View Poll Results: Are you entering?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 70.45%
  • No

13 29.55%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Friendly, a Wi-Fi Tournament! Are you coming?

I think I am done. I have lost seven in a row and the moment I can not do anything, I forfeit. God I suck ***.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I think I am done. I have lost seven in a row and the moment I can not do anything, I forfeit. God I suck ***.

nooooo D:
    dont give up :/
    at least try again tomorrow, maybe it will be better ^^

I only won one match and I just do not know what to do. The moment my plan falls apart I have no clue what to do and the next thing I see is me getting a lost. I will keep playing and if I do not get more than five wins by tomorrow, then I am calling it quits.

that really sucks :/
    i hope you can do better tomorrow, would be a shame if you couldnt enjoy the tournament.
    Good luck (:

Taking a short break. 6-0 so far, sitting at 1587.

I only won one match and I just do not know what to do. The moment my plan falls apart I have no clue what to do and the next thing I see is me getting a lost. I will keep playing and if I do not get more than five wins by tomorrow, then I am calling it quits.
    Don't give up. Things will probably get better. Even if they don't, this is a great way to analyze your team, see any flaws, and think up some improvements. It's easier to learn from losses than victories.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I'm guessing the tournament already started for some people. Is it that hard? (o.o)

Edit: I just entered, I got my first win, and that was my first battle. None of my Pokemon fainted either!
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 14th September 2012 at 4:02 AM.

Keep going guys ^^

im 5-1 right now (should be 6-1 <.<) but its pretty late so ill take a break until tomorrow xD

wish you the best of luck

Ugh, just got my first lost from someone from Columbia named Ace. He had a good strategy, he had Drizzle Politoed, along with a Swift Swim Ludicolo holding something called the 'Absorb Bulb'? Never heard of that before, and when he used Surf, Ludicolo's Special Attack increased.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Ugh, just got my first lost from someone from Columbia named Ace. He had a good strategy, he had Drizzle Politoed, along with a Swift Swim Ludicolo holding something called the 'Absorb Bulb'? Never heard of that before, and when he used Surf, Ludicolo's Special Attack increased.
    Yeah, Absorb Bulb goes nice with Ludicolo cause of the x4 resistance in Water, since the item does not grant immunity.
    Expect to see it on a Kingdra as well, I think those are the two Pokemon that can make the most of it, Ludicolo is just a tiny-bit better on Sp. Defence.
    Edit: Btw I just won a match without sustaining any damage, I feel bad about the other guy, got flinched and stuff, very unlucky. :/
    Last edited by dinokon; 14th September 2012 at 5:08 AM.
    Pokemon X! woohoo
    My Friend Safari is Fairy and it has Floette, Kirlia and Swirlix!
    3ds FC: 2852 - 8041 - 1648
    PM me yours if you add me!

So far I don't think I've battled anyone from here, at least by going by the first post. Not doing so great. I definitly lost three. It would have been four, but not sure if my internet disconnected us or if they felt sorry for me and disconnected themselves. But that was the second battle with that player and the first one we got disconnected too. Won one thus far. Another battle was against a player I was beaten by but felt it could have gone either way. Was hoping the second time we battled I'd win, but during the battle my connection in the corner of the screen appeared red and was just hoping it wouldn't go out on me, but it did. Not sure we even finished the first turn. ._.

Just had a really close battle though. It was one of my losses, but I really enjoyed it and it was super close. In the end it was just my Terri (stoutland) against his shedinja. Couldn't remember if dark would work on shedinja, which now that I've looked it up it would have, so was hoping to withstand their last attack, go for odor sleuth, and then...as I type this I realize that wouldn't help other than make him unable to dodge anything. If I did winthstand, hopefully it would have dawned on me to try and get a crunch through with the help of quick claw. Oh well, still had fun with that super close battle. Even uploaded it.

19-79576-84899

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

LMAO! I drove one player to rage quit and the other just was very angry. It was between my Whimiscott and their Charizard. Whimiscott does not have any attacks so prior between Whimiscott and Charizard (Charizard could just wipe the floor with Whimis but...), I had a Lucario out. I used Substitute with Whimiscott and then used Leech Seed on Charizard. He takes out Lucario and it is just down to Whimis and Charizard. I kept using Substitute every time Charizard attacked me while draining its health slowly throughout the battle. Sure enough, they foolishly used Blast Burn which forced them to recharge letting Whimis regain more health so I could pull off one more Substitute thus making them get KOed after Leech Seed did its work. Well, here is the battle video so you can see:

23-05956-14221

Also, if you saw the other player's poke balls, more than likely his Mamoswine and Hydreigon were hacked due to them being Cherish Balls.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 14th September 2012 at 6:31 AM.

I've set my goal rating to 1600 before I rest, but with guys disconnecting all the time I think I'm not getting any sleep anytime soon.
    So I just wanted to say thumbs up to guys that even when they lose, they stay all the way through the battle.
    Pokemon X! woohoo
    My Friend Safari is Fairy and it has Floette, Kirlia and Swirlix!
    3ds FC: 2852 - 8041 - 1648
    PM me yours if you add me!

Total battles: 12
    Rating: 1604
    W/9 L/1 Disconnections: 2

So I'll get to play the whole tournament after all. Something came up, so I won't be going elk hunting this weekend. Doing pretty good so far. Having some interesting battles, nothing too difficult though. Battle number 8 got me my first ragequit. Battle 10 my first loss. It was avoidable too, just a couple of tactical errors on my part. First I sacrificed Scizor too soon; it was unnecessary and he easily would have cleaned house late game. Second I screwed up at a critical moment. I just finished off his Whimsicott and whittled his Cresselia down to 1/4th health. He sends out Terrakion. At this point I wrote off Ambipom as a goner and decided to switch out Rotom-W (who was locked into HP-Ice) and hit my incoming Virizion with a Beat Up as Ambipom's final act, bringing Rotom back in to spam Hydro Pump. As soon as I hit the buttons, I knew I goofed. First off Sunny Day was still up from that Whimsicott, meaning Hydro Pump wouldn't be as effective as I needed it to be; I only had three pokemon left, not four, so Virizion wouldn't be getting as big a boost from Beat Up as I had thought: and finally that Cresselia had a Calm Mind boost, at best it would Moonlight making it harder to take down, at worst it would kill Virizion with Psychic as I switched it in. It Moonlight-ed meaning neither Virizion or Rotom could take it and Terrakion down before they perished. I should have kept Rotom in, and double teamed that Cress with Covet and HP-Ice to finish it off and then took on the Terrakion with Virizion, which would have been easy. The other guy knew how close it was, I ran into him again on the next battle and he DC'd the second he saw my trainer card, lol. Anyways, that was my tensest battle of the night. After that I got another ragequit, and another win. I also have a few videos to share. I would have got more battles in, but I keep getting caught up watching all the other vid's from the competition, lol.

This one isn't from the tournament, but it was a fun battle that I saved and finally got around to uploading.
    92-08552-80744

This was the first Trick Room team I battled. I stopped TR from getting set up for two turns, but due to two missed Hydro Pumps and a diverted Dragon Tail he got it set up. Fine, you want to play in Trick Room, let's play in Trick Room.
    59-62183-07753

This match. 7 turns and he was only able to get one move in. I'd feel bad except I couldn't help but find it a little funny. Though I do salute him for staying in on what was surely a frustrating battle for him.
    84-09866-45785

LMAO! I drove one player to rage quit and the other just was very angry. It was between my Whimiscott and their Charizard. Whimiscott does not have any attacks so prior between Whimiscott and Charizard (Charizard could just wipe the floor with Whimis but...), I had a Lucario out. I used Substitute with Whimiscott and then used Leech Seed on Charizard. He takes out Lucario and it is just down to Whimis and Charizard. I kept using Substitute every time Charizard attacked me while draining its health slowly throughout the battle. Sure enough, they foolishly used Blast Burn which forced them to recharge letting Whimis regain more health so I could pull off one more Substitute thus making them get KOed after Leech Seed did its work. Well, here is the battle video so you can see:

23-05956-14221

Also, if you saw the other player's poke balls, more than likely his Mamoswine and Hydreigon were hacked due to them being Cherish Balls.
    I watched the video, and I have ask, why did you try to Thunderwave Mamoswine at the start with Latios? Both Volcarona and Mamowine are more than capable of ripping Latios a new one. If your going to keep Latios in in such a situation you should at least try to take one of them out with it or Protect while Gliscor does something about them.

A shiny event Hydriegon is possible to get, but based on the other pokemon and how that person used them: I concur, they were likely hacked.

So far I've been faring decently well (granted I just started like 20 mins ago).

So far, my record is at 2 wins and a DC. I guess the guy was sad that my bullet punch took out his Zoroark disguised as a Haxorus in 1 hit ._. Onto another battle :3
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Day 1 update:
    1590 rating with 21 matches played. I lost a good deal of the early matches but i picked it up after 6 or so rounds. I haven't been counting W/L exactly but I know i am up in wins, if only a few.
    Wish I could have gotten over the bump to 1600 but I guess that comes tomorrow.
    Best of luck in your endeavors! (especially against endeavor aron... so annoying!)
    Current *shinies* for trade:
    ut bold dw 31/04/31/31/31/31 ut bold 31/31/31/31/31/31
    ut calm dw 31/30/30/31/31/31 ut relaxed spikes/leech seed 31/31/31/13/31/00
    ut quiet magic guard 31/31/31/31/31/00

DWFs:
    Looking for: (shiny?) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (hp ice) timid/naive, DWF

I just had a battle againt a guy with 6 shinies LOL
    first turn i send latios and chandelure against his venusaur and volcarona, i go protect on latios an heat wave on chandelure KOing both pokies (crit on volcarona) then he sends out ambipom and terrakion an buffs kion using him to kill my lations while i got his ambipom to his sash, then i bring my terrakion and is GG

But at the end he disconnected ><

EDIT: sorry for the noob question... how can i see those videos? :/

EDIT: and yet another DC ><
    Last edited by KuzKan; 14th September 2012 at 2:48 PM.

To watch the battle videos you just log onto wifi in the pokémon center top right section and they'll give you options. Select Battle Videos and once you're connected, you can search these videos by putting in the numbers. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    To watch the battle videos you just log onto wifi in the pokémon center top right section and they'll give you options. Select Battle Videos and once you're connected, you can search these videos by putting in the numbers. ^^
    Thank you ^^

oh well... 3 Dc's in a row and then 3 defeats in a row, this is going well o.o

Np.

Yea, I'm not doing too well either and don't see myself getting a high rank later on, but honestly, I like my team and trying to do our best and have fun battles.

indeed x) even with the dc's an stuff i'm enjoying this ^^

Alright! Everyone's profile on the OP is updated (except those that did not provide any). Thanks for cooperating!

Also, I've added a Battle Video section to the OP as well, so that if anyone wants to, they can just go straight there for Battle Videos. (;

So, my personal progress is.... Nada. I had to work all day hahah. I'm just getting started now. Hopefully my lack of practice doesn't come back to haunt me too badly. :/

Good luck all! Hope to see you all in some battle! May the battle be great!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Oops, I'm a little late but I'm in the Autumn Friendly too!

It's the first WiFi Tournament I've entered since I only recently got my team together and EV trained on White. I'm surprised how well I've been doing though! XD I've done around 20 or so matches so far and I've only lost a couple. My team's not exactly competitive standard and is kinda a mix of OU and NU, but they're holding their own really well against higher tier threats like Garchomp, the Kami trio, and Tyrannitar.

My Trainer name's Ambri with comment:- ZEKROM is the real HERO! XD My trusty Pokemon team is: Samurott (Shiny), Liepard (Shiny), Volcarona (Shiny), Zebstrika, Braviary and Hydreigon.

Good luck everyone and, hope I run into some of you! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I'm surprised by both the originality (I think) and amount of unevolved pokemon I've been seeing. Not sure If I should go into specifics on their strategy.

I just came back from school and won a game yey

nice one jstinftw for posting the videos in the OP its pretty cool ^^

maybe i can post one or two if i play well xD

Good luck to you too Ambri (: nice team xD

EDIT: i officially hate thunder waave -_-
    Last edited by KuzKan; 14th September 2012 at 6:01 PM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast