Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Differences in the Lance,Yellow's and N's special power?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    321

    Default Differences in the Lance,Yellow's and N's special power?

    Have happened for quite a few times in Pokemon Special. With recent update, we see N having somewhat similar abilities that yellow and Lance were said to possess. I have been wondering if it was the same kind of power again but apparently, it seems to be a little different. N doesnt have to be in contact with a pokemon to hear them while yellow and lance does. N also does not seem to possess the ability to heal his pokemon unlike the other two. And he could not hear the voices of pokemon in pokeballs unlike the way yellow can...

    So perhaps it is a different power after all..?
    Lance and Steven, MY 2 FAVOURITE CHAMPS!!!!!
    Oh ya, and this is my devianart gallery link!!http://wingsofimagination.deviantart.com/gallery/
    feel free to visit !!!

    Please click to help the dragon hatchling grow up and my new egg hatch! Here's plenty of thanks and a cookie


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Yeah, they have different powers

    "Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

    Current Team in Pokemon Y:


    3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    They are different but I think it'd be cool if N and Lance were somehow connected though.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Viridian Forest (UK)
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I think it is a diffrent power, as Lance and Yellow were both from Viridian weren't they? They said only Viridian forest children have those powers, so It must be a similar power N has but not the same one. (I have not read the BW Adventures though, only the RGB, Y and GSC)
    Last edited by FastRapidash; 30th August 2012 at 7:59 PM.
    FaStRaPiDaSh

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    There's a huge difference. N has the powers of the Pinwheel Forest.

    jk jk
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Nope N got kidnapped by aliens when he was still a baby. After Getsis made a deal with the aliens of course and when he came back he was like a puppet for Getsis to use to complete his evil ambitions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    N was just raised around Pokemon, so I guess by being able to hear Pokemon's "voices" it just means he's just much better at determining what a Pokemon is thinking or feeling than a regular trainer would be. But I don't know, the games have never really stated anything regarding that.

    Yellow's just a Mary Sue with special powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    There's a huge difference. N has the powers of the Pinwheel Forest.

    jk jk
    Ngl, I literally lol'd irl at this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Yellow's just a Mary Sue with special powers.
    Andddd there isn't a term that the Pokefandom has raped more than that one. Honestly, when did Mary-Sue in the manga/comic and animation fandom world become "character who I don't like?" The term at this point has lost its true meaning. Its been abused by everyone and their mother pretty much. I admit it isn't as bad as other fandoms, but I first really saw the term commonly referred to in-regard to Iris and, to a lesser extent, Cilan from Pokemon Anime. But then I really saw it a lot by going my in depth into the fanfiction world. And honestly literally every and any characters could score off-the-charts high on any sue test that was assigned to them. Sue-test are a load of bullcrap and honestly the term has become nothing but "character who I don't like" because judging from the reactions from the fanfiction community, other fandoms, and the Pokemon fandom, Mary-Sue is more of a term to rile of the fans of said character because the term itself is subjective as a whole.


    I don't see how Yellow Caballero is a Mary-Sue. She's shown to struggle immensely during her journey, she starts off with a Rattata she didn't even catch on her own and a Dodrio, the only true viable battle on her team is Red's Pika for most of her Arc. She's hardly an expert at what she does, she has healing powers and understand Pokemon's thoughts? And? That's not what makes a character a sue. For example Yellow might be alright at battling, but everyone else is so much better or on the same level as her. Ash Ketchum, Goku, Luffy, and Superboy(From Young Justice) have little to zero flaws. But many others have shown to be on their level and they aren't these amazing unstoppable fighting machines. Yellow's powers don't make her a sue, but she does struggle, developed, and learned to work alongside her Pokemon and let them evolve for the sake of the future of Kanto, compared to back when she disliked seeing her Pokemon evolve.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Honestly, when did Mary-Sue in the manga/comic and animation fandom world become "character who I don't like?"
    I don't know. I wasn't aware that I didn't like Yellow. But since discussing her numerous Sue-ish traits would lead me into an argument I don't feel like having, here's an image of Jigglypuff to warm your heart:

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...Jigglypuff.png

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Well I like Yellow but I am agree she is mary sue. She just doesn't have a proper characteristic for me(Innocent face, happy go lucky girls, and such that just make her mary sue). She doesn't have quite strong aura(The Aura that Pearl and Black have). But I admire her kindess though.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Well I like Yellow but I am agree she is mary sue. She just doesn't have a proper characteristic for me(Innocent face, happy go lucky girls, and such that just make her mary sue). She doesn't have quite strong aura(The Aura that Pearl and Black have). But I admire her kindess though.
    Honestly, it seems more like you call Yellow a Mary-Sue because others call her a Mary-Sue and you're just going with the flow :/

    Innocent face, Happy-go-lucky attitude, and kindness doesn't make a character a sue. That description doesn't even make sense, honestly I just wish people wouldn't ***** out the word without actually using it correctly. Ash Ketchum acts just like Yellow, except the scaredy cat mentality, fear of evolution, and crying. He's not a sue.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Honestly, it seems more like you call Yellow a Mary-Sue because others call her a Mary-Sue and you're just going with the flow :/

    Innocent face, Happy-go-lucky attitude, and kindness doesn't make a character a sue. That description doesn't even make sense, honestly I just wish people wouldn't ***** out the word without actually using it correctly. Ash Ketchum acts just like Yellow, except the scaredy cat mentality, fear of evolution, and crying. He's not a sue.
    True. Though I would've left out her healing and mind reading abilities since talking to Pokemon would be fine alone and hey, she could be well equipped with potions. I don't hate those abilities but we didn't need them.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Honestly, it seems more like you call Yellow a Mary-Sue because others call her a Mary-Sue and you're just going with the flow :/

    Innocent face, Happy-go-lucky attitude, and kindness doesn't make a character a sue. That description doesn't even make sense, honestly I just wish people wouldn't ***** out the word without actually using it correctly. Ash Ketchum acts just like Yellow, except the scaredy cat mentality, fear of evolution, and crying. He's not a sue.
    Sorry then. Looks like I am having misintrepeted this Word .
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Andddd there isn't a term that the Pokefandom has raped more than that one. Honestly, when did Mary-Sue in the manga/comic and animation fandom world become "character who I don't like?" The term at this point has lost its true meaning. Its been abused by everyone and their mother pretty much. I admit it isn't as bad as other fandoms, but I first really saw the term commonly referred to in-regard to Iris and, to a lesser extent, Cilan from Pokemon Anime. But then I really saw it a lot by going my in depth into the fanfiction world. And honestly literally every and any characters could score off-the-charts high on any sue test that was assigned to them. Sue-test are a load of bullcrap and honestly the term has become nothing but "character who I don't like" because judging from the reactions from the fanfiction community, other fandoms, and the Pokemon fandom, Mary-Sue is more of a term to rile of the fans of said character because the term itself is subjective as a whole.

    I don't see how Yellow Caballero is a Mary-Sue. She's shown to struggle immensely during her journey, she starts off with a Rattata she didn't even catch on her own and a Dodrio, the only true viable battle on her team is Red's Pika for most of her Arc. She's hardly an expert at what she does, she has healing powers and understand Pokemon's thoughts? And? That's not what makes a character a sue. For example Yellow might be alright at battling, but everyone else is so much better or on the same level as her. Ash Ketchum, Goku, Luffy, and Superboy(From Young Justice) have little to zero flaws. But many others have shown to be on their level and they aren't these amazing unstoppable fighting machines. Yellow's powers don't make her a sue, but she does struggle, developed, and learned to work alongside her Pokemon and let them evolve for the sake of the future of Kanto, compared to back when she disliked seeing her Pokemon evolve.
    The term Mary-Sue never really had a true meaning. From its creation, the term is very subjective and any character could be a Mary-Sue in someone's eyes. It was used for OCs, but really it is a descriptive term; one doesn't have to dislike or like a character to call them a Mary/Gary Sue/Stu. I'm not sure why you're ranting about it when you admit it's a subjective term in the end. A lot of things are abused in the Poke-fandom. Your version and others' when it comes to what a Mary/Gary Sue/Stu are just different is all. If they can explain why, then I don't see the problem all too much.

    I do consider Yellow to be a Sue when compared to other PokeSpe characters. (By the way, there have been some characters that are called Mary Sue despite having flaws. Flaws aren't the only determining factor anymore when it comes to (non-)Sues.) Characters like Satoshi tend to be Gary Stus (or a blank slate for the plot as I see Satoshi, at least), people don't call out on as much is all. Many anime characters can be considered Sues and Stus, they just, for some fans, usually have something that make it ignorable. For me, Yellow has nothing to hide the fact she's Sueish; her powers are really what make her Sueish when its combined with everything else about her. See Wataru/Lance, who I feel does the whole power thing better. Can't say with N yet, but he probably isn't as bad as Yellow.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 10th September 2012 at 4:27 AM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Back to the topic now?

    It's clearly that N's power is different than Lance and Yellow, N can only understand Pokemon. Good thing, because the Unnova would be screwed if he could also heal Pokemon.
    With Lance well we don't know if he showed all his power in the Yellow arc, it's possible that he gained new powers after. For now I think that none of them have exactly the same powers.
    Even thought Yellow are Lance are both Viridian kids, but we don't know if Lance has also slightly telekinetic, or the synchronicity power Yellow has. He could also have other powers that Yellow doesn't posses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •