Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    that or use a spread shot move that can hit large areas, or good old Pikachu's static.
    Well that would only work if Serperior makes a direct contact with it. But seeing that Serperior only has one move which makes physical contact (Dragon Tail) and taking note that the writers always like to give the best moves to the rivals pokemon (and give Ash's pokemon worthless moves like Tackle), it is possible that the writers could change Serperior moveset so that it doesn't any close range physical move at all.

So I guess Dragon Tail doesn't function like Roar this time. Huh.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So I guess Dragon Tail doesn't function like Roar this time. Huh.
    As seen with Iris' Emolga and her Volt Switch, those types of moves may have an "off/on switch" in which pokemon decide if the effect will take place. Makes sense since these were 1 vs 1 matches.

I called that last battle... though Dragon Tail was a tad bit unexpected.

Dragon Claw FTW
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think it was about time Trip won some kind of tourney for himself. He really deserved it.

Ash vs Iris was absolutely incredible! Such a climatic battle!

Hmmm.. I feel as if Unfezant is faster than Pignite, but I wouldn't want the bird to be used just to lose.

I think they really need to give Snivy Contrary, so that she can use Leaf storm to gain more and more strength, causing Trip to freak out when he realizes that speed will make it impossible to dodge the attack, causing Snivy to win lol.

For Pikachu, I think static would help it win.

Pignite needs to learn a fighting move to replace tackle.

I can sort of see Leavanny being the one to help really make Ash win. He can use String Shot to slow down Serperior's speed, making it easy for Pikachu to come in a sweep it. I feel as though Snivy and Pignites attacks would un do it, unless he has them grap Serperior by its tail or arm is leaves to land a direct leaf storm or flamethrower.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post

I think they really need to give Snivy Contrary, so that she can use Leaf storm to gain more and more strength, causing Trip to freak out when he realizes that speed will make it impossible to dodge the attack, causing Snivy to win lol.
    I doubt they'll give Snivy Contrary out of nowhere after all these times she's used Leaf Storm in 80+ episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Ash vs Iris was absolutely incredible! Such a climatic battle!
    I agree. Ash got his revenge from being beaten before. I hope that never happens again. And I must say that I'm really falling in love with Trip's Serperior! I didn't even know it can learn Dragon Tail. I guess I can use that knowledge for me in the future.
    Last edited by Faker500; 13th September 2012 at 7:48 PM.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Saw the pictures, I enjoyed the episode, mainly for Krokorok and Krookodile. So glad it finally has a full moveset it'll actually use(Bite never got used after it got Crunch), there's still a few more of Ash's Pokemon to get their complete movesets though, but I'm glad Krookodile has gotten it's.

I was hoping the writers would have thrown in a sunglasses comedic moment after the battle when Ash went to give Krookodile a hug, have him bump into him, lose the sunglasses, start freaking out, Ash laughs, oh well, some other time.

Krokorok looked like it was doing alright after a while, once it evolved it really went into another league though, Dragonite wasn't really able to do anything to it at that point, albeit the thing was going crazy at that point. Can't wait to see what Krookodile will be like in future episodes.

The rest of the episode looked enjoyable to me as well, but Krokorok and Krookodile simply overshadowed it for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This episode would be a lot better if Serperior had received damage in its battle with Pignite. Dragonite going on a rampage was one of the best scenes I have seen in this series.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

I'm really shocked how much I loved Ash V.s Iris battle ten times more than Ash V.S Trip, at least they put a lot more thought into it. I'm not that impressed with Trip honestly, was hopping it'd be a lot more than just speed winning, Ash will learn to do things better next time some how. I am glad Ash used his brain these two fights though, man Ash V.S Dawn to me looks better than Trip V.S Alder, thats going to be so one sided and Trip should loose, heck he should have lost against Ash but we all know the writers love having Ash get beaten by his rivals till the league, even if those wins make no sense. I'm really glad Dragonite didn't actually start listen to Iris like we all thought she would in one episode, at least make an arc out of it so we can maybe warm up to her some what. Over all good episode and I liked how Ash V.S Iris finished, good for you Ash good for you! LOL Rivals making fun of Iris for loosing, why? One of them lost to Iris first round so I wouldn't talk if I were them.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Trip winning.....no.....just no......yeah let's have the rival win instead of the MAIN CHARACTER we've known for the past 15 years! genius!.....NOT! at least iris was put in her place for once.....

fabufubu, its been like that since the first series man! The only thing that bothers me about Trip's win is how it was done, do things where we should want to root for him and why he should have actually won. This felt cheap to me, all to have us wait till the league to geta win in, curse you writers!!! Oh well, at least Iris got what she deserved and Ash did it in a good way.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    and then ash loses to a (for lack of a better nicer term) racist
    Okay, that wasn't really nessassary. And you know it.

Anyways pretty bad episode, Krokorok/Krookodile Vs Dragonite was handled good, Pignite vs Serperior, killed my respect for this anime. Yes, it was that bad.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Okay, that wasn't really nessassary. And you know it.

Anyways pretty bad episode, Krokorok/Krookodile Vs Dragonite was handled good, Pignite vs Serperior, killed my respect for this anime. Yes, it was that bad.
    okay so racist was a bad choice of words.....but trip DOES use the derogatory term "hillbilly" in the japanese version am i wrong?

okay so racist was a bad choice of words.....but trip DOES use the derogatory term "hillbilly" in the japanese version am i wrong?
    I don't remember exactly, this may have have been in the very beginning of Best Wishes. Still Hillbilly really isn't too bad of a word.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

It was a great episode, both battles were awesome and Ash finally gets Krookodile! 9/10

Man, that Serperior is super strong, it will be a huge threat for Ash at the League. Trip really trained that thing..

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    It was a great episode, both battles were awesome and Ash finally gets Krookodile! 9/10

Man, that Serperior is super strong, it will be a huge threat for Ash at the League. Trip really trained that thing..
    i hope alder CRUSHES trip

i hope alder CRUSHES trip
    While I don't dislike Trip, Alder should give him a serious beating so that humbles him a bit altough there's no denying Trip is a skilled/talented trainer.. Ash should learn some things from him.

Ash learning some moves from Alder just by watching the fight would be great ^

It seems as if this battle did nothing but have Trip beat Ash. I mean, honestly, I thought there would be more dialogue to build up the rivalry or something. It seemed as if they just battled and moved on. I mean, I think it is nice that Trip is a little more civil than Paul, in the sense of not saying Ash is "pathetic" or anything like that. I think he did take Ash seriously, since he watched on intently when it was Iris versus Ash. I sort of feel that Dragonite would have beat Serperior (if the writers decided to be fair, which of course wouldn't happen lol).

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Ash vs Trip... Trip should have just been awarded the victor since Pignite couldn't even land a single blow. Though it's defeat to Solarbeam and Frenzy Plant was exactly how I called it. Look at the bright side people, at least it lasted longer then Crustle and the other two Pokemon (though Burgundy is likely to forever be fodder in tournaments)

Honestly, even though Serperior is getting moves off on Bouffalant... it seems more like Alder is just letting his bull tank the hits as it comes out un-phased later in the preview.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Great episode, I'd say this really restored my faith in battle episodes that aren't animated by either Iwane or Tamagawa. Iris vs Ash was just that good. And the final battle was good too, it was really intense and you could feel Ash's pressure, he didn't really seem as confident as usual, I guess Serperior's just such a huge threat after seeing it destroy everything in the tourney so far. My boy Pignite tried his best, at least he can afford this beating more than some of Ash's other Pokes. And Serperior not getting hit isn't really a problem, I mean what's worse, it skillfully dodging everything with the speed it's known for or taking that huge Fire Pledge head on and still win? At least this makes it's future defeat more manageable since Ash just needs to find a way to get a hit in.

EDIT: Also lol at everyone who complained about "bad writing" because Dragonite's problems were gonna be "solved in two episodes". Just goes to show you that you should wait for the actual episode to air and actually watch it before letting some vague preview info ruin your life.
    Personally I wouldn't mind for the problem to have been solved quicker, but this is still fine and at least made for a powerful scene in this episode. And Dragonite isn't completely unusable unlike Zard and Excadrill were so I'm ok with this.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 30th August 2012 at 7:14 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Euphoria! A good Junior Cup episode. Two battles with depth, an evolution and another interesting twist.

The battle between Ash and Iris was pretty good. I thought it was kind of random that Dragonite began listening to Iris, but I'm actually glad to see it go berserk when it got owned by Krookodile's Dragon Claw. There's definitely more development here (I hope) and I want to see how the writers fix Dragonite's disobedience. As for Krookodile, I like the evolution, but I already think it's a bit overpowered.

Ash and Trip was good, and I don't even like Pignite. The battle had depth and speed, and it was also interesting that Pignite never touched Serperior. Trip was never cocky about the win either.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast