Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    No one said krokorok isn't a strong battler, but Ash's history of evolutions led by exaggerated power gain speaks for itself.

Only in the anime could a Tepig evolve and beat two other strong fire types using a fire type move of all things, or a Tranquill evolve when it barely did anything, or a Roggenrolla who was the definition of weak evolve and beat an Excadrill. People wouldn't have cared if these evolutions happened once or twice but at this point, it's not helping Ash and they are the only reason he wins anything big.
    Don't be a hypercritic, Iris has too or does Outrage and Giga Impact come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Well yeah I liked that part, but she kind of unfroze her opponent at the same time. ~.~ So it's both good and bad. I'm not sure if it works like PMD or not. I got annoyed by all of the times she kept using Flamethrower just because Ice Beam feels much more...logical. xD
    I guess but the battle would have ended in one hit, potentially, and nobody wanted that.

It'd depend how she used it though. Electrical attacks work if you put it in their mouth. It's their skin that doesn't conduct electricity. I would have liked to see Dragon Rush as well, and I felt it was odd that she didn't command it. ^^; It wasn't that bad of a battle, but the highlight for me was when Dragonite went crazy.
    NO, we don't need another Aim for the Horn/Thunder Armor please. Like I said it was better she didn't use it.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Actually no I'm not, just annoyed that Ash won through another one of his evolutions. Why can't he ever win with skill? Just look at the battle with Serperior, Ash's pokemon didn't evolve and he got owned. Shocking!
    He would have still lost if Pignite evolved.

Evolutions happen. I can care less if they help him out or not (and i still think Krokorok could win even if he didn't evolve then.)

NO, we don't need another Aim for the Horn/Thunder Armor please. Like I said it was better she didn't use it.
    OMG you should of heard me telling her to aim for the tail. XDDD I wanted something to break a bit. I was getting sick of all the dodging and same moves over and over. It felt like they were being too careful. Other moves, whether they have an effect or not can come in handy as a distraction.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If it didn't belong to Iris he wouldn't be upset.
    You think i'm uptight about pokemon losing battles? Because I'm not. Had Krokorok evolved before this tournament and then beat Dragonite in a straight one on one battle, then I would've been able to swallow this. Now it's just another of "oh look I'm Ash and my pokemon are losing..oh crap my pokemon is glowing now." -_-

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I guess but the battle would have ended in one hit, potentially, and nobody wanted that.

I liked the armor over the horn, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I liked the armor over the horn, but that's just me.
    I barely remember the "horn" part but I know it's meme status. I like Thunder Armor too. XD Iris should use Ice Armor.

Maybe she was trying to give Krokorok a burn?

OMG you should of heard me telling her to aim for the tail. XDDD I wanted something to break a bit. I was getting sick of all the dodging and same moves over and over. It felt like they were being too careful. Other moves, whether they have an effect or not can come in handy as a distraction.
    Well essentially that's just what you said you wanted, just Ice Beam. Honestly it was good for what it was, a straight brawl. Using Thunder Punch was pointless, there was no finesse needed in that battle, it just came down to who was stronger.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Well essentially that's just what you said you wanted, just Ice Beam. Honestly it was good for what it was, a straight brawl. Using Thunder Punch was pointless, there was no finesse needed in that battle, it just came down to who was stronger.
    I think there was a bit "too much dodge" to call it a power battle. That's just me though. I think Dragon Rushh would have helped matters if not Thunder Punch. I loved how Dragonite started to use all of his moves. I was so "WTH" when he attacked the audience. xD I like that Dragonite, I think there's something deeper than just mistrust.

I'm not surprised Iris used flamethrower a lot since mythological history has shown Dragons breathing fire.

I'm not surprised Iris used flamethrower a lot since mythological history has shown Dragons breathing fire.
    I think she just kept pressing the wrong button. :P

I think there was a bit "too much dodge" to call it a power battle. That's just me though. I think Dragon Rushh would have helped matters if not Thunder Punch. I loved how Dragonite started to use all of his moves. I was so "WTH" when he attacked the audience. xD I like that Dragonite, I think there's something deeper than just mistrust.
    I didn't say power battle, we had that already. I said it was a good brawl, Dragonite showcasing it's power while Krokorok shows how agile it is with it's dodging and countering.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I didn't say power battle, we had that already. I said it was a good brawl, Dragonite showcasing it's power while Krokorok shows how agile it is with it's dodging and countering.
    Eh it was alright. I heard people say how great it was, but it didn't seem all great to me when I watched it. ^^; Probably just me, but I did enjoy the second half when Dragonite rampaged.

Eh it was alright. I heard people say how great it was, but it didn't seem all great to me when I watched it. ^^; Probably just me, but I did enjoy the second half when Dragonite rampaged.
    Yeah probably you've made it abundantly clear already how you feel about matters. Probably one of the best battles of the tournament. I like that it wasn't all about the battle, which became apparent when Dragonite went on a rampage. Iris went into self doubt and began to fall apart. Ash for his part did good and seeing that Iris was in no condition to continue the battle he ended it.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Yeah probably you've made it abundantly clear already how you feel about matters. Probably one of the best battles of the tournament. I like that it wasn't all about the battle, which became apparent when Dragonite went on a rampage. Iris went into self doubt and began to fall apart. Ash for his part did good and seeing that Iris was in no condition to continue the battle he ended it.
    Yeah part of the tournament battles says a lot. I liked the Iris/Dragonite stuff...just not the first part of the battle.

It's a good thing Ash stopped Dragonite or Iris.would have been in trouble for not controlling it. Guess we'll be dealing with it this for awhile and cool with it.

Yeah part of the tournament battles says a lot. I liked the Iris/Dragonite stuff...just not the first part of the battle.
    And I understand that but jeez I can't stand when people nitpick. Just enjoy it and don't dwell on things like too much of this and not enough that.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

And I understand that but jeez I can't stand when people nitpick. Just enjoy it and don't dwell on things like too much of this and not enough that.
    You don't realize that the parts I nitpicked I laughed at...do you? ^^; I don't expect much from Pokemon but when they put things that defy logic I laugh at it. It's sort of a habit I picked up from my friends when we watched it. Like in the Purrloin episode with:

Girl: I broke my arm, I didn't abandon you!
    Purrloin: YOU'RE LYING.
    Girl: *clearly has a cast*

It's just a facepalm moment.

You don't realize that the parts I nitpicked I laughed at...do you? ^^; I don't expect much from Pokemon but when they put things that defy logic I laugh at it. It's sort of a habit I picked up from my friends when we watched it. Like in the Purrloin episode with:

Girl: I broke my arm, I didn't abandon you!
    Purrloin: YOU'RE LYING.
    Girl: *clearly has a cast*

It's just a facepalm moment.
    That's not the same thing at all. That's the same as oh, miscolored fang or mismatched shoes. What you were saying is in the same vain as people that complained that Krokorok evolved.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

You think i'm uptight about pokemon losing battles? Because I'm not. Had Krokorok evolved before this tournament and then beat Dragonite in a straight one on one battle, then I would've been able to swallow this. Now it's just another of "oh look I'm Ash and my pokemon are losing..oh crap my pokemon is glowing now." -_-
    No its just the usal hater that is always gunna hate when things don't go Iris way.

Dragonite's temper tantrum was so pathetic haha, it was like

ICE BEAM THE SIDE OF THE BUILDINGS WHILE NOT HARMING ANYONE

FLY IN THE AIR

THUNDERPUNCH THE GROUND

Yeah now what's up?

to me even with the evolution it still took up to five to six blows to knock Dragonite out cold and that is saying something...Paul's Drapion level endurance right there

Oh, look Iris finally got beaten great.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Can't wait 'till subs are up!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Dragonite's temper tantrum was so pathetic haha, it was like

ICE BEAM THE SIDE OF THE BUILDINGS WHILE NOT HARMING ANYONE

FLY IN THE AIR

THUNDERPUNCH THE GROUND

Yeah now what's up?
    IKR IKR? It was that amazing. And the crowd didn't freak or anything. It was just like:

Crowd: I'm cool, bro, you should be too.

IKR IKR? It was that amazing. And the crowd didn't freak or anything. It was just like:

Crowd: I'm cool, bro, you should be too.
    Must be regular basic in Isshu, but if Dragonite did hit someone, there be real panic.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast