Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 302

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Ironic indeed, because perhaps that since TR and the regional rival have stopped "inadvertainly" helping with most of the evolutions is why were getting them mid battle now instead.

    Not to mention I recall that with two exceptions everytime a pokemon evolved in the sinnoh region they lost thier first non TR battle pretty dang badly, it's nice to see that reversed this time.

    Seriously though can we stop this before the mods intervene.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 2nd September 2012 at 7:13 AM.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    ... I'm speechless, we're really arguing about Krookodile's evolution? No matter what happened, Dragonite was destined to lose to either Ash or Trip... no and's, if's, or but's. Am I tried of mid-battle evolution's... sure, but I have no control over them and there's just no point in complaining about them.
    I usually respect your point of view, but how do you expect any of us to take you seriously when you're obviously an Ash/Krookodile stan? I mean your signature practically blew your cover. If you're going to defend Ash's convenient victories, then at least do so in an unbiased way. I'm not here for Ash stans who try to preach to us when it's obvious that they're celebrating Iris's Dragonite's defeat.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    why is everyone so happy that pignite lost? it was done in such a ******** way that i've never seen before ever in this show...that serperior moved liked people running in dragon ball z just zipping everywhere it was very stupid

    sure if he got some hits in on the serperior and still lost i would've been fine...but nooo it got a flawless victory which was stupid in my opinion....actually if pignite got a hit or two in on serperior im sure he would've defeated it because it seems fragile...just very speedy and thats it...stupid stupid writting

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why is everyone so happy that pignite lost? it was done in such a ******** way that i've never seen before ever in this show...that serperior moved liked people running in dragon ball z just zipping everywhere it was very stupid

    sure if he got some hits in on the serperior and still lost i would've been fine...but nooo it got a flawless victory which was stupid in my opinion....actually if pignite got a hit or two in on serperior im sure he would've defeated it because it seems fragile...just very speedy and thats it...stupid stupid writting
    I don't think it's that we're happy outside of the criticism that Pignite should've dealt some damage, but I think it's because we're more fine with it than not.

    Whoever Ash was going to use against Trip's Serperior was going to lose period.

    Pikachu- Can afford losses, but was used in a tournament, and at least they didn't go with "OMG Ash must rely on his Pikachu"

    Unfezant- Would've been a good choice, and I can't see how Serperior would've been able to properly "kill" it without looking cheap. I mean an aerial Pokemon with ranged attacks, should be invincible to a Pokemon like Serperior. But regardless it would've lost in some way, and Unfezant can't afford the loss.

    Oshawott- Bad choice, not worth it.

    Pignite- This is what happened and was probably the best choice out of Unfezant. Plus I think the writers wanted to use a starter in the tournament, and if not Snivy or Oshawott, that only leaves Pignite.

    Snivy- Snivy probably would've had no defense for Serperior and just wouldn't make the very much sense.

    Scraggy- I still say Scraggy is the weakest, although possibly it is closing gaps with whoever people would consider the 2nd weakest.

    Leavanny- Leavanny if it had an attacking bug type move, might have been able to do something. String Shot lowers speed, so that would've helped. But in the end it would've lost.

    Palpitoad- Bwuahahahaha. Next.

    Boldore- Weak and I can't see it being able to do much.

    Krookodile- Strength-wise, Krookodile probably would be tied with Unfezant in Pokemon likely to beat Serperior through strength alone (Unfezant has it's aerial skills), but Krookodile is weak against grass types so not the best choice.

    The best two choices would be Unfezant and Pignite. Pignite having a lot of battles since it evolved, and winning them, it would make sense why Pignite would fall and no one would have much of a problem. Unfezant would just look a lot weaker had it lost to Serperior, while Pignite can afford a loss. I mean sure there was "no damage" done to Serperior, and it's speed was cheap, but I guess this is there way saying, had Pignite been able to do deal damage to Serperior, it would've lost.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why you glad pignite lost? it lost in such a ******** way? maybe if it was better written it would be okay, but the way it was written and shown was just stupid. he should have got in a few hits at least..that was just ridiculous

    why are people hating on pignite?
    I already said that I didn't like how it lost :S I'm just happy that of all the Pokemon it was Pignite who took the loss, instead of something who can't afford to lose. Pignite has a clean record and appears quite a bit now, I'm just happy that they picked him to lose instead of say, Unfezant or Palpitoad (as if that'd ever happen anyway, but).

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals
    It's official, most Iris fans are in denial and acttack Ash and his fans, but when Iris does two moves we never see again from Axew, and a Dragonite that almost destroyed a biluding, it doesn't matter, let's all attack Ash and his fans.
    This post cannot be serious. I really, really hope that you're joking here and realise that HatersGonnaHate doesn't account for the entire Iris fanbase, and also realise that everything Iris does is complained about. Like, come on bro.


    The problem with these evolutions is that they're so prevalent, and they make it look like Ash can't win a battle without something evolving, which also makes his Unova team look weak. Three Gyms were won by bs evolutions, and another three by Pikachu. Now, again, Ash is relying on his Pokemon to evolve to win a battle. Sure, it makes sense, but it just gets really tiresome after a while to constantly see him winning battles just because of evolutions. Like I said, it only happend once in Sinnoh and it made it more interesting (even if there were too many TR evolutions).

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't think it's that we're happy outside of the criticism that Pignite should've dealt some damage, but I think it's because we're more fine with it than not.

    Whoever Ash was going to use against Trip's Serperior was going to lose period.

    Pikachu- Can afford losses, but was used in a tournament, and at least they didn't go with "OMG Ash must rely on his Pikachu"

    Unfezant- Would've been a good choice, and I can't see how Serperior would've been able to properly "kill" it without looking cheap. I mean an aerial Pokemon with ranged attacks, should be invincible to a Pokemon like Serperior. But regardless it would've lost in some way, and Unfezant can't afford the loss.

    Oshawott- Bad choice, not worth it.

    Pignite- This is what happened and was probably the best choice out of Unfezant. Plus I think the writers wanted to use a starter in the tournament, and if not Snivy or Oshawott, that only leaves Pignite.

    Snivy- Snivy probably would've had no defense for Serperior and just wouldn't make the very much sense.

    Scraggy- I still say Scraggy is the weakest, although possibly it is closing gaps with whoever people would consider the 2nd weakest.

    Leavanny- Leavanny if it had an attacking bug type move, might have been able to do something. String Shot lowers speed, so that would've helped. But in the end it would've lost.

    Palpitoad- Bwuahahahaha. Next.

    Boldore- Weak and I can't see it being able to do much.

    Krookodile- Strength-wise, Krookodile probably would be tied with Unfezant in Pokemon likely to beat Serperior through strength alone (Unfezant has it's aerial skills), but Krookodile is weak against grass types so not the best choice.

    The best two choices would be Unfezant and Pignite. Pignite having a lot of battles since it evolved, and winning them, it would make sense why Pignite would fall and no one would have much of a problem. Unfezant would just look a lot weaker had it lost to Serperior, while Pignite can afford a loss. I mean sure there was "no damage" done to Serperior, and it's speed was cheap, but I guess this is there way saying, had Pignite been able to do deal damage to Serperior, it would've lost.
    well okay when you put it that way....still would've liked to see ash beat trip..with unfezant that thing needs some wins and to do something instead of rotting

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    well okay when you put it that way....still would've liked to see ash beat trip..with unfezant that thing needs some wins and to do something instead of rotting
    Plot armor, my friend. Whoever would have fought Trip would have resulted as the loser. That's how things work.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    Snivy could have used attract and while serperior was down hit it with attacks.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    ]
    This post cannot be serious. I really, really hope that you're joking here and realise that HatersGonnaHate doesn't account for the entire Iris fanbase, and also realise that everything Iris does is complained about. Like, come on bro.
    It's ok, because the Dento fans "hate" on Iris. See how balanced this fandom is? :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    It's ok, because the Dento fans "hate" on Iris. See how balanced this fandom is? :P
    Who said ever anything about Dento fans hating Iris? <.<


  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Who said ever anything about Dento fans hating Iris? <.<
    I was joking and being sarcastic, but that was going around for a long time. XDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Snivy could have used attract and while serperior was down hit it with attacks.
    Frillish showed that if you're fast enough you can dodge Attract, and Snivy lost to Servine because Attract couldn't connect and her moves weren't strong enough to damage Servine. Now combine Serperior's speed with his increased power. Snivy's chances of victory? Virtually null.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Frillish showed that if you're fast enough you can dodge Attract, and Snivy lost to Servine because Attract couldn't connect and her moves weren't strong enough to damage Servine. Now combine Serperior's speed with his increased power. Snivy's chances of victory? Virtually null.

    In this series, ANYTHING is Possible. I can see any Pokemon on Ash's team defeating any fragment of Trip's team. Hell, they did it the past. What's stopping them now? Serperior will reign superior until Ash faces him the league.....and knowing the writers, it WILL be a type disadvantage.

    Whose voting for Krookodile/Boldore/Paplitoad/Oshawott vs Serperior in the league as a win just to freaking mess with our heads?
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  14. #239
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why is everyone so happy that pignite lost?
    I don't think anyone is happy per se. It's more like they've learned to deal with these situations. Still, I wish people would scorn deus ex machina when they see it, but everyone is blissfully unaware of it when it concerns one of Ash's Pokemon. It's really frustrating that Ash gets so much leniency, but that's the way the coral crumbles around these parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    It's ok, because the Dento fans "hate" on Iris.
    The first step towards recovery is admitting that Cilan's stans have a problem with Iris. You're on the right track now.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The first step towards recovery is admitting that Cilan's stans have a problem with Iris. You're on the right track now.
    Except that isn't true since I know Cilan fans who find Iris perfectly okay.

    One of them being the person you just quoted.


  16. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Man, just how fast is Shooty's Jalorda? Did you see how it dodged that Fire Oath? It's like Shooty's been feeding it many speed boosting vitamins.

    Nobody has yet to even get a hit on that grass snake because it's just way too fast. Even Charbu's speeed boost from Nitro Charge wasn't enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Except that isn't true since I know Cilan fans who find Iris perfectly okay.

    One of them being the person you just quoted.
    And another one being me. Cilan fan. I do not know what or who this stan is supposed to be. Why yes I did ask before, but I forgot what it meant.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 3rd September 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Man, just how fast is Shooty's Jalorda? Did you see how it dodged that Fire Oath? It's like Shooty's been feeding it many speed boosting vitamins.

    Nobody has yet to even get a hit on that grass snake because it's just way too fast. Even Charbu's speeed boost from Nitro Charge wasn't enough.


    And another one being me. Cilan fan. I do not know what or who this stan is supposed to be. Why yes I did ask before, but I forgot what it meant.
    And me too, both a Ash and Cilan fan. I only been here since June, but I think it's a insult thinking all fans treat a character like a god.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    [QUOTE=Raptor_Crow;15059820]Man, just how fast is Shooty's Jalorda? Did you see how it dodged that Fire Oath? It's like Shooty's been feeding it many speed boosting vitamins.

    Nobody has yet to even get a hit on that grass snake because it's just way too fast. Even Charbu's speeed boost from Nitro Charge wasn't enough.

    Maybe a defensive approach can throw the speed snake off or maybe harsh counterattacks and speed reduction tactics while he is busy attacking and dodging will subdue it. If the writers allow Ash to come up with this plan, it could throw Trip off in the last moments because he probably forgot to invest on its defense. hey you never know.....
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    When Trip and Ash battle each other in the Unova League Serperior will most likely be the final Pokémon Trip uses from how much it's being hyped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    And me too, both a Ash and Cilan fan. I only been here since June, but I think it's a insult thinking all fans treat a character like a god.
    Yes, many people who are fans of one character do have respect for other ones. They aren't treating the character highly, they just really like them.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Iris
    Drilbur > Excadrill : Mid-Battle [Drayden]
    .
    No ... Drillbur evolved right AFTER dodging a focus blast at end of the tourney, not in a fight with the Hax.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Col-Erase View Post
    No ... Drillbur evolved right AFTER dodging a focus blast at end of the tourney, not in a fight with the Hax.
    Fact stands, it evolved mid-battle against a Druddigon, before facing Drayden.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Fact stands, it evolved mid-battle against a Druddigon, before facing Drayden.
    It was probably better that it evolved mid-battle in a flashback against nameless fodder anyway. The writers don't want to seem to want to give Iris, and Cilan alot of Pokemon that can evolve due to their limited screen-time. I guess in their logic, having them have fully evolved ones (or ones that can't evolve) saves the them(the writers) effort.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 3rd September 2012 at 8:57 AM.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    And another one being me. Cilan fan. I do not know what or who this stan is supposed to be. Why yes I did ask before, but I forgot what it meant.
    You know it's true, though. They loathe Iris for no apparent reason. And no, I refuse to believe that Dragonite is the source of all the hate. People have hated Iris since she first appeared because she wasn't Hilda. Dragonite's capture just made things easier for the haters. Anyway, I would be against Iris if most of her Pokemon received convenient evolutions that led to victories, but none of them have. Only Ash can get away with deus ex machina anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Fact stands, it evolved mid-battle against a Druddigon, before facing Drayden.
    I wouldn't call it a fact; it's more like a stan interpretation. It's all subjective.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    You know it's true, though. They loathe Iris for no apparent reason. And no, I refuse to believe that Dragonite is the source of all the hate. People have hated Iris since she first appeared because she wasn't Hilda. Dragonite's capture just made things easier for the haters. Anyway, I would be against Iris if most of her Pokemon received convenient evolutions that led to victories, but none of them have.
    .
    Yes, because Iris current Pokemon can evolve right? Excadrill can evolve? No, it's fully evolved. Emonga can evolve? No. Dragonite can evolve? No, it's fully evolved. You're tyring so hard to defend Iris, that you completely ignore Axew learning new moves out of it's rear. Oh and that's one of her Pokemon that can evolve? Yes.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 3rd September 2012 at 6:55 AM.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I usually respect your point of view, but how do you expect any of us to take you seriously when you're obviously an Ash/Krookodile stan? I mean your signature practically blew your cover. If you're going to defend Ash's convenient victories, then at least do so in an unbiased way. I'm not here for Ash stans who try to preach to us when it's obvious that they're celebrating Iris's Dragonite's defeat.
    I really take no offense in you calling me an Ash fan, because I actually like all three main cast members, but my signature is just to prove Dragonite is not as powerful as the earlier whiner's (I'll admit I was one of them) were saying. Okay, so it took an unexpected evolution (in the characters eyes) and maybe that did play a miner role... but did anyone really think Iris was gonna win this tournament? It was set up for either Ash or Trip to win (clearly Trip, but Ash had just as big of chance) so regardless of what went down... Dragonite was destined to lose. And no, I'm just as tired of these mid-battle evolution's as the complaining bunch, but as dman has stated in the past, this is more realistic then having the Pokemon wait till after the match.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •