Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    am i mistaken or did it say in the japanese version that Serperior was using glare?
    No it's always been Leer.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    am i mistaken or did it say in the japanese version that Serperior was using glare?
    Leer is known as Glare in Japanese.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Fine episode. The battle between Ash and Iris was great, even though Dragonite was on a rampage for the second half of the battle. The battle between Ash and Trip doesn't make sense at all. The writers clearly wanted Trip to battle Alder.

I thought most of the dub actors were a bit off in this episode, although I did like Trip's voice acting a lot more. It's nice to see him a little more fired up than usual. I also thought the "Alder, sir" thing was a nice touch.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.
    I'm pretty sure Georgia and Burgundy called her out on that, didn't they?

And yeah, that Iris is as childish as Ash and others is pretty obvious - that's one of Iris' flaws. Also, I don't think we were supposed to feel sympathy. For example, I felt excitement when I saw Dragonite disobeying Iris. Sure, it was bad for her, but she needed to go through it. That was supposed to happen. You can't just have a Pokémon who disobeyed you two episodes before go to suddenly obeying - that's impossible.
    Last edited by Janovy; 16th December 2012 at 12:40 PM.

....and now, her story begins.

Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.
    I'm sure you were so mature when you were 10.And able to handle a Dragonite.

nice episode !! i enjoyed it, cant believe ash lost , CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BATTLE WITH ALDER , and s#!t! dawns leaving in the next episode i think

Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). [B]I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.[/B
    That would require the RAW episode writers to include it first. The current dubbers are not 4kids, meaning they don't just make the script up as they go along. TPCi translate much closer to the original RAW episode, meaning we wouldn't see such drastic dialogue edits..

The battle between Iris & Ash & Iris getting frustrated with Dragonitie were the only exciting parts. Of course Trip won not like it was set up that way from the beginning, just so the writer's can have another battle between them come Unova league where Ash wins. I think this mini arc would been more exciting if they moved the Ash & Trip battle to the 1st round with Ash losing, have Dawn completely shut down Dragonite, & have her move to the final round against Trip. All in all this was a pretty boring episode, I look forward to watching Trip get his arrogance handed to him.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    The battle between Iris & Ash & Iris getting frustrated with Dragonitie were the only exciting parts. Of course Trip won not like it was set up that way from the beginning, just so the writer's can have another battle between them come Unova league where Ash wins. I think this mini arc would been more exciting if they moved the Ash & Trip battle to the 1st round with Ash losing, have Dawn completely shut down Dragonite, & have her move to the final round against Trip. All in all this was a pretty boring episode, I look forward to watching Trip get his arrogance handed to him.
    It would have been wierd seeing if Ash won the whole thing. A battle between him and Alder again would have been Ash using his stupid boring Pikachu again. And no, I didn't want Iris to try to beat Alder either so I rather Trip.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Nobody knows her age. Only Ash May and Dawn have confirmed ages. For all we know Iris could be 12 or 12 heck maybe older. Same with Cilan

This was a pretty good episode. Krokorok evolving was a big plus and learning Dragon Claw was cool too. I look forward to the next episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    My 10 year old Protag in DP could handle Arceus

It was hard to keep up with the episode because so much went on but we will start with the star battle of the show which was Ash Vs Iris.

The beginning of Ash and Iris' battle was a sight to really enjoy. I found that both Dragonite and Krokorok barely gave an inch and it was so free flowing; Attack after attack, dodge after dodge. The turning point was when krokorok evolved into Krookodile (which I didn't expect) and when that dragon claw hit dragonite decided that Iris was inadequate and went about the battle in it's own way. Fortunately, Ash managed to finish Dragonite quickly after this as it was shrouded in anger and Ash moved onto the Final against Trip. I would also like to note that I enjoyed Burgandy's and Georgia's commentary during the battle as they were echoing what we were all thinking.

Now, I don't know about you but to me it seemed that Ash and Trip's battle was an after-thought. Even though Pignite was courageous during the battle and tried very hard, Serperior was just too fast to land a hit and the writing was on the wall very quickly.

This is now set up an intriguing battle between Alder and Trip. At the moment, Trip thinks he is unstoppable however I think Alder is out there to teach Trip a lesson and I hope it hits him hard.

I'm so excited! On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I was a little surprised to see Dragonite obey Iris' commands, but it seemed a little sketchy. I was with Georgia on this one, same with Cynthia (much more than the others). But once Krokorok evolved, it finally made Dragonite snap with a hit from Dragon Claw as a Krookodie. Man, that Dragonite is a loose cannon. Especially when puking out moves towards Iris and all the other trainers. Glad Ash picked things up and aimed towards Dragonite with Krookodile's Crunch/Stone Edge.

Trip's Serperior... ugh, so fast. Can someone imagine this Pokemon out speeding Sonic, or would Sonic still have the advantage? I felt bad for Pignite, since he tried his best. Flame Charge really helped but it didn't match Serperior's [broken] speed.

However, I look forward to seeing Alder battling Trip.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So why did dragonite listen to iris when battling ash I didn't understand that
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    So why did dragonite listen to iris when battling ash I didn't understand that
    Because iris promised dragonite some special favors that night *shot*

Truth is dragonite didn't think Korkorok was a threat so he gave iris the benefit of the doubt and listened. Once it evolved all bets were off, including sadly Iris' offer of a romantic night out

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Because iris promised dragonite some special favors that night *shot*

Truth is dragonite didn't think Korkorok was a threat so he gave iris the benefit of the doubt and listened. Once it evolved all bets were off, including sadly Iris' offer of a romantic night out
    Ok I understand now and I never saw iris as a pokephile its to hard to.imagine
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Trip really destroyed Ash here. It's like Trip is the only one who has improved since their first battle.

At least Dragonite cooperated... for a minute. Man, did he go bat-guano crazy after. At least Krookodile got the chance to shine. And poor Burgundy never gets her wish, hee hee. I also liked Georgia actually admiring Iris for a moment before Dragonite went off the deep end.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Trip pulled an Ash and curbstomped him while doing it. lol When Ash tries to fight in a advantage he gets pwned terribly. xD

This episode was full of battles. It's nice that Ash's Krokorok evolved into Krookodile and Defeated Iris's Dragonite, But Ash and Trip's battle was rushed. I think it was all a setup, so Trip could battle Alder.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 2nd July 2013 at 6:48 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

The battle was rushed, but Pignite (Ash's most used Unova mon) getting beat so easily goes to show that Trip trained his Pokemon better then Ash trained his Unova mons.
    Though it would help if we saw the rest of his team to make a better analysis.

The only thing I disliked about this episode is how Iris and Dragonite focused it was. I would've liked some of the conversation to be about Ash or the fact his Krokorok evolved into a Krookodile, from someone that isn't sitting next to Alder.

Seriously the moment Krokorok evolved, Georgia and Burgundy blabbing on about Dragonite and Iris.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast