Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I have evidence but I'm using my iPod ATM but let me explain.

In one scene during the battle the order of them is:

Dawn, Iris and Dento.

Then the scene focuses on the Pokemon below which focuses on their feet (an it goes in this order):

Dento, Dawn, Iris.

The scene shifts back to them and it's still:

Dawn, Iris, Dento

Lol so holding the thought that it was not a mistake the only logical answer is they swapped shoes.

But basically it was lazy animation. They took a scene from earlier the episode showing Dento and Dawn's feet ans slapped Iris onto the side. -.- That's quality there. :P
    interesting...very interesting...I need my fanart of dawn in Cilan's clothes now. XD

that way we can clear this obvious misconception up...

(and then the lazy animation can be excused /killed XD)
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Ash vs Iris was a great battle and glad it didn't go like all the people whining thought it would. Dragonite's obedience hasn't been solved and Krokodile actually held it's own against Dragonite before the evolution. I really liked the way it looked when it evolved, the glowing eyes was a nice touch. And then Dragonite goes on a rampage at the end was pretty amazing, I didn't expect that at all. I can understand why people would have a problem with Serperior and how it beat Ash and Pignite but I don't mind, it actually makes Trip more interesting. Now he's got a Shell Smash/X-Scissor combo of his own. Looking forward to his battle with Alder and seeing how that affects him.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Ash vs Iris was a great battle and glad it didn't go like all the people whining thought it would. Dragonite's obedience hasn't been solved and Krokodile actually held it's own against Dragonite before the evolution. I really liked the way it looked when it evolved, the glowing eyes was a nice touch. And then Dragonite goes on a rampage at the end was pretty amazing, I didn't expect that at all. I can understand why people would have a problem with Serperior and how it beat Ash and Pignite but I don't mind, it actually makes Trip more interesting. Now he's got a Shell Smash/X-Scissor combo of his own. Looking forward to his battle with Alder and seeing how that affects him.
    You know what would be very interesting? If Iris had that outfit from Black and White 2, then that would be an epic final battle.
    I can imagine it like this:
    http://i1.pixiv.net/img33/img/12oooo/28257580_m.jpg
    Last edited by LuringMaster; 30th August 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Even if Ash was using his freaking Charizard the writers would have let Serperior win in this episode. So being Snivy or Pignite the ones who destroy him isn't really that hard to believe.
    Well Pignaito vs Sniivy is a world of difference power-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Was resolved in the sense that we know it only obeys when up against those it considers 'inferior', and does not trust Iris' competence vs those it perceives as strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Well Pignaito vs Sniivy is a world of difference power-wise.
    I didn't say that... I was talking about the chances of Snivy/Pignite(/Emboar) vs Serperior not that.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Going into this episode, I simply expected iris and Dragonite to lose and move on together as a team, so I was surprised to see that the story would continue on. Although I am glad Dragonite listened to iris for at least a little while...I view it as baby steps.

Pignite losing horribly to Serperior only showed that Ash is unable to win unless his evolutions save him.

People say Dragonite was glorified, but at least it took damage during the tournament. Serperior wasn't touched even once.

Was resolved in the sense that we know it only obeys when up against those it considers 'inferior', and does not trust Iris' competence vs those it perceives as strong...
    I don't understand what you mean? That's not really a resolution, but rather something about Dragonite that we didn't know until now. They never reached an agreement that he'd take over whenever he felt the opponent was too strong ^^;

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I agree with Irisboy, It'd be like Iris saying that the opponent is to hard for her and for Dragonite to battle it. That wasn't resolved. :/

HGH: Stop trying to glorify Serpy-derpy. If you want to be the better person don't pull the same crap that they did with the Godoka-wannabe D-nite. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

At least part of the mystery is solved. Dragonite likes Iris and is willing to battle for her, but only if the opponent is weak and obviously inferior. It simply prefers to battle on its own when against stronger opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    HGH: Stop trying to glorify Serpy-derpy. If you want to be the better person don't pull the same crap that they did with the Godoka-wannabe D-nite. :P
    That makes no sense. Serperior didn't get touched even once during the tournament, it's the one being made to look like "Godoka Wannabe."
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 30th August 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    At least part of the mystery is solved. Dragonite likes Iris and is willing to battle for her, but only if the opponent is weak and obviously inferior. It simply prefers to battle on its own when against stronger opponents.

That makes no sense. Serperior didn't get touched even once during the tournament, it's the one being made to look like "Godoka Wannabe."
    The core issue, as observed by Shirona-san/cyntia, is that Dragonite does not TRUST Iris.

Shirona advised her to seek to further deepen her bonds with Drag. so expect a possibly cheese ep in the next 10-15 weeks, where Iris/or Drag. is in danger, and Drag./or Iris must save it thus 'deepening their bonds'

The core issue, as observed by Shirona-san/cyntia, is that Dragonite does not TRUST Iris.
    I think it's more of not trusting her against stronger opponents, thinking she won't give him smart commands. If he didn't trust her at all, he wouldn't have picked her as his trainer.

Shirona advised her to seek to further deepen her bonds with Drag. so expect a possibly cheese ep in the next 10-15 weeks, where Iris/or Drag. is in danger, and Drag./or Iris must save it thus 'deepening their bonds'
    Can't Wait!!!

No. She said that Dragonite doesn't trust humans. Obviously Iris is included but it's not her fault.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

No. She said that Dragonite doesn't trust humans. Obviously Iris is included but it's not her fault.
    Go away. You ARE wrong. Shirona SPECIFICALLY said Dragonite does not trust IRIS.........(-__-)

IT is Iris' fault for just assuming a fully evolved Dragon would obey her no questions asked, Kairyuu ain't no foo'l.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 31st August 2012 at 12:18 AM.

I thought Serperior was using substitute....or was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    I thought Serperior was using substitute....or was I wrong?
    You were wrong.

Pignite losing horribly to Serperior only showed that Ash is unable to win unless his evolutions save him.
    For the love of...you will do anything to justify Iris losing won't you? The Snivy and Tepig lines are practically on opposite ends of the speed spectrum, so it's a no brainer why that fight turned out the way it did.

To be honest though, I did feel bad for Iris because she was on the verge of tears when Dragonite stopped listening to her (i'm suprised more now that she didn't pass out from the intense shouting as well.) , Ash at that point earned a little respect back from me(granted I still want his head) as he did what he had to do, end the fight before Dragonite went even more crazy, sure he won but other than congradulating the Krok he didn't exactly showboat his win like Iris did when she beat Georgia a few weeks back.

If Cilan's reaction added to the fact Dragonite got smashed into a wall from it, Krok's Dragon Claw is strong indeed.

I also thought it was funny watching Pikachu, Piplup and Axew during the first match because Piplup remaining stoic like and neutral while the other two frowned and cheered for thier trainers was neat.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 31st August 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Go away. You ARE wrong. Shirona SPECIFICALLY said Dragonite does not trust IRIS.........(-__-)
    Why are you acting like a child? Just because we have the same ava as you said in my profile? That's ridiculous and please avoid all that caps, it's unnecessary.

I'm clearly talking about when she said that Dragonite doesn't trust humans (last week at least).
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

18. Default

Why are you acting like a child? Just because we have the same ava as you said in my profile? That's ridiculous and please avoid all that caps, it's unnecessary.

I'm clearly talking about when she said that Dragonite doesn't trust humans (last week at least).
    THIS week is the thread subject, get with the program......

Wow, not only do you not know the meaning of "all caps", but you are the reason many a great poster doesn't post here these boards anymore, to avoid fools such as yourself.

THIS week is the thread subject, get with the program......

Wow, not only do you not know the meaning of "all caps", but you are the reason many a great poster doesn't post here these boards anymore, to avoid fools such as yourself.
    What the hell? I'm not any fool... I don't even argue with users around here. I really don't understand why you are talking that way with me.

Cynthia clearly said to Iris that her Dragonite doesn't trust humans but that will be over in a matter of time. I'm sorry if I'm wrong about this but there was no reason to act the way you did!
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

If Dragonite doesn't trust humans, then he wouldn't have chosen Iris as his trainer. I think he just doesn't trust her battling skills against strong opponents.

If Dragonite doesn't trust humans, then he wouldn't have chosen Iris as his trainer. I think he just doesn't trust her battling skills against strong opponents.
    Remember that iris protected it from being blamed and defended it. Dragonite felt like he could trust her. So he could very well still distrust most humans. But I agree with you upon why he isn't listening to iris. :/

Its not like he hates her I'd say, she saved him after all. He's willing to do things for her. He just wants to do it his way, because he's used to it. He even went so far as to "try" and listen to her during this match...It was working until krokodile came alive. xD
    I mean hell, I'm surprised MORE pokemon don't disobey humans purely because of the same reasons he does it. I mean, its THEIR body after all, its like handing someone a remote control. *cough*games *cough*

That may have been said already, but I don't feel like checking. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

But if Dragonite doesn't trust humans AND Iris (which is the case) as Adam Ant said then it would be the same. EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. Yeah I think I agree with you. Anyway that's what Cynthia said not me. xD
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 31st August 2012 at 2:29 AM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I think more that Dragonite gave to Iris a chance to gain its trust and I have the feeling that if she messes up it can easily leave her behind, like Snivy did with her former Trainer (if she has one).

My opinion about the episode? Well, I can't give a true judgement yet because I only saw the pictures, but from what I've seen this seems a good episode.

I re-watched several times the snapshots of Iris vs Ash match. It seemed really good. Funny that Dragonite went into a rampage... I clearly remember that when we were discussing about the Iris vs Dawn match I theorized a scenario when Dragonite was constantly hit by Mamoswine and after a while it would rampage and attack everything. She didn't forfeit and it didn't happen against Mamoswine, but is interesting how I was almost right.

Ash vs Trip however was too one-sided. Seriously, not even a scratch? Nor even a little flame barely hitting the snake's skin? That gives me bad vibes about the League...

I'll give a more reasoned judgement when I'll watch the (subbed) episode. For now, that is for me one of the best episodes of BW2.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I know right? It's like I said before: evolutions are Ash's best friend. He wouldn't be where he is today if his Pokemon didn't evolve at the right time. I hate how convenient everything is for him, but it's not like I expect things to change. I'm just glad that Iris tried her hardest to win, even if she lost against Ash's DEM-powered Krookodile.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I know right? It's like I said before: evolutions are Ash's best friend. He wouldn't be where he is today if his Pokemon didn't evolve at the right time. I hate how convenient everything is for him, but it's not like I expect things to change. I'm just glad that Iris tried her hardest to win, even if she lost against Ash's DEM-powered Krookodile.
    At least Krokorok gave a good fight until it evolved. A couple of Crunches managed to hurt Dragonite a bit, unlike Beartic's attacks, who is supposed to be trained to beat Dragons. The evolution was a simple power boost and is not that he beat Dragonite with one move (unlike Dragonite, who beat Beartic with a ThunderPunch and Mamoswine with a Dragon Rush). He had to use Dragon Claw > Crunch > Stone Edge. Three freaking moves! If he was really that DEM he would have used only a Dragon Claw to destroy Dragonite. But... that didn't happen. And I'm really glad that it wasn't a simple One-Hit-KO.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast