Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Okay we get it, you fangasm over the snake. It doesn't have to be the only focus on your last 4-5 posts.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! o.o

*sulks in a little corner*

*with mushrooms*

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

on this episode...Personally, I LOVED it, but there were a few WTF parts. The first one is how the hell is d-nite listening to Iris?! I mean it's not even only 1 or two moves, its EVERY SINGLE MOVE. I understand that it had issues and still does (talk about later) but when it it suddenly become so obedient?! Also, Iris spams flamethrower WAAY too much...We only saw ice beam like twice and d-rush once and d-nite was using it out if confusion...anyways, onto more important matters...although it's true about what Cynthia said about d-nite not trusting Iris, it seems that what threw this battle was krokorok's evolution. D-nite went into the battle confident, but when krokorok evolved, d-nite got scared and lost its confidence, frozen in fear and allowing krookodile to hit it with d-claw, which then caused it to go crazy from confusion since he went from being on the top to being on the bottom in terms of advantage...from what I can see, d-nite is actually insecure and wants to always prove its strength. When he sees he's at a disadvantage, he still flaunts his power by going into a confused frenzy as a defense mechanism to hide how scared he is inside...as for serperior, it is just plain AWESOME...it didn't even get touched...but then again, you can't expect less from a serperior
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    At least Krokorok gave a good fight until it evolved. A couple of Crunches managed to hurt Dragonite a bit, unlike Beartic's attacks, who is supposed to be trained to beat Dragons. The evolution was a simple power boost and is not that he beat Dragonite with one move (unlike Dragonite, who beat Beartic with a ThunderPunch and Mamoswine with a Dragon Rush). He had to use Dragon Claw > Crunch > Stone Edge. Three freaking moves! If he was really that DEM he would have used only a Dragon Claw to destroy Dragonite. But... that didn't happen. And I'm really glad that it wasn't a simple One-Hit-KO.
    In my opinion, it was still DEM because Krokorok was having a hard time against Dragonite until his evolution kicked in. Had it not happened, Krokorok would've been toast. It's clear that the writers have some sort of evolution obsession; they just can't leave Ash's Pokemon alone. If only they would put their powers to good use instead of using them when it's convenient for Ash. This is worse than the Tobias situation, and I mean that wholeheartedly.

And before anyone jumps in, I'd like to reiterate that I am not just going against popular opinion; I've been against convenient evolutions like this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    In my opinion, it was still DEM because Krokorok was having a hard time against Dragonite until his evolution kicked in. Had it not happened, Krokorok would've been toast. It's clear that the writers have some sort of evolution obsession; they just can't leave Ash's Pokemon alone. If only they would put their powers to good use instead of using them when it's convenient for Ash. This is worse than the Tobias situation, and I mean that wholeheartedly.

And before anyone jumps in, I'd like to reiterate that I am not just going against popular opinion; I've been against convenient evolutions like this for years.
    Well not everyone cares for 'your opinion', so give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Well not everyone cares for 'your opinion', so give it a rest.
    I honestly don't care if you like it or not, sis. I'm free to give my opinion, as is everyone else here. If you really have a problem with it, then I suggest you ignore it and go about your business elsewhere. These are kindergarten-esque concepts; easy to comprehend. I honestly don't know why it's so hard for my sistren to understand this.

[QUOTE=The 4th Kira;15047985]I honestly don't care if you like it or not, sis. I'm free to give my opinion, as is everyone else here. If you really have a problem with it, then I suggest you ignore it and go about your business elsewhere. These are kindergarten-esque concepts; easy to comprehend. I honestly don't know why it's so hard for my sistren to understand this.[/ seriesQUOTE]

I am not your freaking sister, I am a male adult get it through your childish head.

And for your information, while I believe evolution doesn't matter as long as you raise your Pokemon, evolution is a part of this series no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    on this episode...Personally, I LOVED it, but there were a few WTF parts. The first one is how the hell is d-nite listening to Iris?! I mean it's not even only 1 or two moves, its EVERY SINGLE MOVE. I understand that it had issues and still does (talk about later) but when it it suddenly become so obedient?! Also, Iris spams flamethrower WAAY too much...We only saw ice beam like twice and d-rush once and d-nite was using it out if confusion...anyways, onto more important matters...although it's true about what Cynthia said about d-nite not trusting Iris, it seems that what threw this battle was krokorok's evolution. D-nite went into the battle confident, but when krokorok evolved, d-nite got scared and lost its confidence, frozen in fear and allowing krookodile to hit it with d-claw, which then caused it to go crazy from confusion since he went from being on the top to being on the bottom in terms of advantage...from what I can see, d-nite is actually insecure and wants to always prove its strength. When he sees he's at a disadvantage, he still flaunts his power by going into a confused frenzy as a defense mechanism to hide how scared he is inside...as for serperior, it is just plain AWESOME...it didn't even get touched...but then again, you can't expect less from a serperior
    Well yeah, about Serperior, he doesn't trust Iris enough when it comes to strong opponents so he doesn't listen to her when an opponent like Mamoswine or Beartic is in question. Krokorok wasn't a strong opponent for him at first, but then he evolved and struck him with his Dragon Claw which made Dragonite lose it. He stopped listening to Iris again since he was up against a real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTrainerBigRed View Post
    Pignite is capable of learning Bulldoze which would lower the target's speed if it hits. Of course, that attack won't inflict much damage to Serperior since grass-types are resistant to Bulldoze.
    The problem with Bulldoze (japanese name Jinarashi meaning 'Ground Leveling' or 'Earth Moving') is that if the animators do it in a similar way to the games then it would get banned in the anime like Earthquake, Magnitude and Fissure are.

So, unless they figure out a way to not animate it where the ground shakes violently, we are not going to see Bulldoze in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I loved the dragonite vs Krookodile battle although it learning dragon claw automatically on evolution seemed a little contrived especially since that alone seems to have done more damage than all the ice attacks aimed at it combined.
    I think Iris's Dragonite under went a training (obviously before its capture) in order to increase its resistance to Ice type moves and counter other type moves as well, but didn't actually train itself in handling Dragon type, Rock type or Dark type moves.

I mean unlike the previous battle where only Mamoswine's raw strength (supporting Take Down) was able to damage Dragonite. In this battle it was getting damaged quite easily by Stone Edge and was also feeling pain from Crunch, before getting slammed to the wall with Dragon Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Yeah that's actually a pretty cool move to counterpart its speed. I would also suggest Bulldoze for the same reasons.

- Bulldoze (reduces the target's speed stat)
    - Rock Tomb (reduces the target's Speed stat)
    For Bulldoze read the above part of my post, and for Rock Tomb read pokemonsquared's reply.

Presently the only logical way for Ash to counter Serperior speed is to either increase his pokemons speed or else use moves like Trick Room (which can't be countered) or else use tricks like heating up the whole field (so a grass type won't be able to move around) or creating a smokescreen to hide his pokemons to launch surprise attacks.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 31st August 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    You are always against popular opinions.

When majority likes something, you choose to dislike it. When something is genuinely well done, you ignore it and say it wasn't. That's what you always do, Kira, you're a failed hipster. If people are excited by a preview, you choose not to be.

It's the truth. And a sad one at that.

EDIT: Anyway, onto topic, Krokorok's win wasn't DEM. He was already established as a strong fighter and he didn't really have that hard of a time against Dragonite. And a new move was only icing on the cake of awesomeness that is Krookodile, now a likely powerhouse of Ash's team.
    Last edited by Janovy; 31st August 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Yeah I agree with some parts of this. The Flamethrower part kept annoying me. Why Iris,why Flamethrower...and only use Ice Beam a few times? ~.~ Though I pretty much mocked this whole episode, except for the parts I felt bad for Iris. :/

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    The problem with Bulldoze (japanese name Jinarashi meaning 'Ground Leveling' or 'Earth Moving') is that if the animators do it in a similar way to the games then it would get banned in the anime like Earthquake, Magnitude and Fissure are.

So, unless they figure out a way to not animate it where the ground shakes violently, we are not going to see Bulldoze in the anime.
    Not necessarily. They could make the animation like Rock Climb (the ground still moves but in a different way). When I said Bulldoze I was thinking that way.

Ah, this episode renewed my faith on Best Wishes 2. Ah, the Serperior part was a bit iffy, but I am actually liking it. How? You see people Trip is being portrayed as a prodigy (he was called one in the don battle iirc) He's different for Paul but still this is really good. This only makes the rematch more fun. (remember the Sinnoh league?). Now if only the entire tournament was handled this good, i wouldn't have cussed the writers.

And oh, Dragonite. Seriously people wrote thousands and thousands of posts arguing about the Dragonite issue being solved in 2 episodes, and how Iris is OP and all. Oh well to you guys doing these Speculation: This is what happens when you start a argument based on what you assume. From now I think it is better not to assume anything, no matter how obvious it may seem.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yeah I agree with some parts of this. The Flamethrower part kept annoying me. Why Iris,why Flamethrower...and only use Ice Beam a few times? ~.~ Though I pretty much mocked this whole episode, except for the parts I felt bad for Iris. :/
    It's elementary my dear Dentogirl ^^

Well the answer for that, I'd imagine is pretty simple. The animators knew that it'd be easier to animate Flamethrower vs something like Ice Beam that actually leaves a trail behind and since Iris and Dragonite were spamming moves, well you can figure the rest. Though I did like the Ice Beam/Flamethrower combination she used.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    It's elementary my dear Dentogirl ^^

Well the answer for that, I'd imagine is pretty simple. The animators knew that it'd be easier to animate Flamethrower vs something like Ice Beam that actually leaves a trail behind and since Iris and Dragonite were spamming moves, well you can figure the rest. Though I did like the Ice Beam/Flamethrower combination she used.
    NO NO NO This episode was filled with too much lazy animation. D= I didn't like the Ice Beam/Flamethrower I wanted her to use something else Dragonite had it right. He used Thunderpunch on the ground and started attacking the audience It was so epic, but everyone just stood there like they were used to it. The sad thing was I was almost wishing this was a Contest battle. At least we'd see different moves. xD

tumblr|fanfiction

i think trip will lose because imo if trip wins he'll see no point in continuing his journey

NO NO NO This episode was filled with too much lazy animation. D= I didn't like the Ice Beam/Flamethrower I wanted her to use something else Dragonite had it right. He used Thunderpunch on the ground and started attacking the audience It was so epic, but everyone just stood there like they were used to it. The sad thing was I was almost wishing this was a Contest battle. At least we'd see different moves. xD
    Well I agree that it might have been better if she hadn't been spamming moves, but freezing Krokorok with Ice Beam and hitting it with Flamethrower was a nice touch. Just be glad she didn't use Thunder Punch or the rain of insults would be coming down. Would have liked to see her command it to use Dragon Rush, but at least it still used it. And Krokorok was fast, I was surprised that it was able to dodge as much as it did. I think that battle could have easily gone in Krokorok's favor even without the evolution, all it had to do was tire Dragonite out with it's move spamming and counterattack.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    i think trip will lose because imo if trip wins he'll see no point in continuing his journey
    seriously dude? This episode is over. This is the episode discussion thread.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Well I agree that it might have been better if she hadn't been spamming moves, but freezing Krokorok with Ice Beam and hitting it with Flamethrower was a nice touch.
    Well yeah I liked that part, but she kind of unfroze her opponent at the same time. ~.~ So it's both good and bad. I'm not sure if it works like PMD or not. I got annoyed by all of the times she kept using Flamethrower just because Ice Beam feels much more...logical. xD

Just be glad she didn't use Thunder Punch or the rain of insults would be coming down.
    It'd depend how she used it though. Electrical attacks work if you put it in their mouth. It's their skin that doesn't conduct electricity. I would have liked to see Dragon Rush as well, and I felt it was odd that she didn't command it. ^^; It wasn't that bad of a battle, but the highlight for me was when Dragonite went crazy.

tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    seriously dude? This episode is over. This is the episode discussion thread.
    i mean his battle with alder!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Anyway, onto topic, Krokorok's win wasn't DEM. He was already established as a strong fighter and he didn't really have that hard of a time against Dragonite. And a new move was only icing on the cake of awesomeness that is Krookodile, now a likely powerhouse of Ash's team.
    No one said krokorok isn't a strong battler, but Ash's history of evolutions led by exaggerated power gain speaks for itself.

Only in the anime could a Tepig evolve and beat two other strong fire types using a fire type move of all things, or a Tranquill evolve when it barely did anything, or a Roggenrolla who was the definition of weak evolve and beat an Excadrill. People wouldn't have cared if these evolutions happened once or twice but at this point, it's not helping Ash and they are the only reason he wins anything big.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Only in the anime could a Tepig evolve and beat two other strong fire types using a fire type move of all things, or a Tranquill evolve when it barely did anything, or a Roggenrolla who was the definition of weak evolve and beat an Excadrill. People wouldn't have cared if these evolutions happened once or twice but at this point, it's not helping Ash and they are the only reason he wins anything big.
    Yeah, but what does that have to do with Krokorok?

Krokorok was already strong. He only evolved in the middle of a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yeah, but what does that have to do with Krokorok?

Krokorok was already strong. He only evolved in the middle of a battle.
    Yeah and Ash's other pokemon also evolved in the middle of a battle, saving Ash from losing. It's becoming too convenient at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Yeah and Ash's other pokemon also evolved in the middle of a battle, saving Ash from losing. It's becoming too convenient at this point.
    Are you that upset about Dragonite losing? ^^; Krokorok was doing just fine as a Krokorok.

tumblr|fanfiction

Are you that upset about Dragonite losing? ^^; Krokorok was doing just fine as a Krokorok.
    Actually no I'm not, just annoyed that Ash won through another one of his evolutions. Why can't he ever win with skill? Just look at the battle with Serperior, Ash's pokemon didn't evolve and he got owned. Shocking!

If it didn't belong to Iris he wouldn't be upset.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast