Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Default The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread

About this thread

With the worldwide release of BW2 fast approaching, it's time for a new version of the Singles Rate Thread. Here's the old one, by the way. Ask for single movesets or advice on a single Pokémon and you'll get an answer here. Also, special thanks to Noctourniquet for writing the bulk of this post.

But this one's slightly different. I plan to take every good moveset posted in this thread and index them alphabetically in this, and the following, posts. The idea is to create an easy-to-read list of decent Pokémon movesets without having to search through the thread, or having to ask for movesets already created. Or to just draw your own inspiration from. However, I will only be including movesets which are posted using the correct format.

If anyone finds any problems or mistakes, then please feel free to send me a Visitor Message or a Private Message.

Rules

Failure to abide by these rules may result in your post being deleted and you receiving a warning or infraction.

All SPPf Rules apply! - These are global rules. Follow them at all times, please.

All IGRMT Rules apply! - You are in IGRMT. Read its rules. Easy.

Check the OP first! - If you want to ask for advice on your Pokémon, please check the first post to see if it has a set viable for you! That's what it's there for. If not, then feel free to ask but please state why the OP's set was unsuitable.

Follow the thread-specific format! - It keeps consistency and makes my life so much easier. Please make sure you use the format! Simply copy and paste this, replacing the words with whatever is appropriate;

HTML Code:
    [B]Pokémon[/B] @ Item (If applicable)
    Ability
    Nature (If applicable)
    EVs (If applicable)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4
    Don't post teams! - You may ask for or provide up to two Pokémon's movesets at a time! You should create your own thread for teams. Don't post them in here.

Regarding Hidden Power - First of all, the format for Hidden Power will be Hidden Power [Type], not HP Type, for consistency's sake. Furthermore, as this thread is designed for in-game teams, many people will not be willing to or have the knowledge on how to breed for Hidden Power, so where possible please list Hidden Power as an option or alternative move, not as a definite move.

Regarding EVs - For the sake of consistency, please use the following abbreviations for stats when listing EVs: Atk (Attack), Def (Defence), SpA (Special Attack), SpD (Special Defence), Spe (Speed) and HP.

Sample Set - To better illustrate the way sets should be posted, here's an example set. Thanks to Tsumiki for the idea for this.

Spoiler:- Sample Set:

That said, go on, post away! If you have any questions, you may send a PM to either myself or one of this section's fine moderators: zhanton, Shine or [GS].

Last edited by Zhanton; 23rd February 2013 at 2:57 PM.

The Moveset Index

Spoiler:- A to L:
    Last edited by Zhanton; 26th June 2013 at 4:22 PM.

Spoiler:- M to Z:
    Last edited by Zhanton; 26th June 2013 at 4:30 PM.

Spoiler:- Contributors:
    Last edited by Zhanton; 23rd February 2013 at 2:49 PM.

Let's get started then:

• Aggron @ Leftovers
    • Adamant Nature
    • Rock Head
    • 108 HP/252 Atk/148 Spd
    - Body Purge
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    We'll need to replace Body Purge with the English name Automatize.

• Lucario @ Leftovers
    • Modest Nature
    • Inner Focus
    • 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Iron Defense
    - Aura Sphere
    How did that get in there? It's an inventive set, but with all the attacking options Lucario has with such wide potential coverage, using him as a mono-attacking tank just feels weird. I'm not sure on this one, but I'll let other raters decide its fate

• Lucario @ Leftovers
    • Jolly Nature
    • Inner Focus
    • 252 Spe/ 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch/Crunch
    - Extremespeed

• Lucario @ Life Orb
    • Naive Nature
    • Inner Focus
    • 252 Spe / 200 SpA / 56 Atk
    - Work Up
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Aura Sphere

I felt these 2 sets were needed.

And one more thing: could we get rid of the bullet points in the moveset format? Barely anyone used it in the previous thread, and there's not much value to a law that nobody follows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

How does it look? We could remove bullet points from the Pokemon characteristics but keep them for the moveset. I prefer to somehow visually separate the characteristics from the moveset.

Sawk @ Expert Belt
    Jolly Nature
    Mold Breaker/Sturdy
    252 Spe/ 252 Atk / 4 HP
    • Brick Break
    • Earthquake
    • Stone Edge
    • Ice Punch/Payback/Thunderpunch

Now gets Elemental Punches from tutor in B/W2 and Mold Breaker.
    I would personally take Ice Punch over the other two and just get something else to counter Psychic/Ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Autotomize

Anyway

- Aqua Tail wants to be added as an option for Serperior's third move.
    - Dark Pulse instead of Snarl on Liepard.
    - Victini's V-Create set lists Wild Charge, should be Fusion Bolt instead. Also, Victini's special-based set still lists Psyshock as Psycho Shock.
    - Volcarona's set still lists Fire Dance and Butterfly Dance instead of Fiery Dance and Quiver Dance.

I know I can just edit them myself, I just don't know if you're fine with that or you want to edit them yourself XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post
    How does it look? We could remove bullet points from the Pokemon characteristics but keep them for the moveset. I prefer to somehow visually separate the characteristics from the moveset.
    I meant get rid of them altogether, like this:

Pokémon @ Item (If applicable)
    Ability
    Nature (If applicable)
    EVs (If applicable)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Or replace them with a different character. As far as I know, (unless you have a Mac) the only way to put down a bullet point in this style is to copy/paste it from the OP/someone else's post, which is why I'm proposing this.

Sawk @ Expert Belt
    Jolly Nature
    Mold Breaker/Sturdy
    252 Spe/ 252 Atk / 4 HP
    • Brick Break/Close Combat
    • Earthquake
    • Stone Edge

I would personally take Ice Punch over the other two and just get something else to counter Psychic/Ghosts.
    Close Combat at least deserves to be slashed alongside Brick Break. Also, I don't think Mold Breaker can stand up to Sturdy. It's an alright ability, but doesn't do anything against most pokemon, while Sturdy will make itself useful much more often being permanent Focus Sash and all.

• Luxray @ Flame Orb
    • Guts
    • Adamant/Jolly
    • 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge/Spark
    - Ice Fang
    - Facade/Crunch

Gutsray gets Superpower now. woop.

Will do.

How did that get in there? It's an inventive set, but with all the attacking options Lucario has with such wide potential coverage, using him as a mono-attacking tank just feels weird. I'm not sure on this one, but I'll let other raters decide its fate
    Yeah I agree it's a bit of an odd set and I don't think it would be of much use.

• Lucario @ Leftovers
    • Jolly Nature
    • Inner Focus
    • 252 Spe/ 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch/Crunch
    - Extremespeed

• Lucario @ Life Orb
    • Naive Nature
    • Inner Focus
    • 252 Spe / 200 SpA / 56 Atk
    - Work Up
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Aura Sphere

I felt these 2 sets were needed.
    Seems good.

And one more thing: could we get rid of the bullet points in the moveset format? Barely anyone used it in the previous thread, and there's not much value to a law that nobody follows.
    I meant get rid of them altogether, like this:

Pokémon @ Item (If applicable)
    Ability
    Nature (If applicable)
    EVs (If applicable)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Or replace them with a different character. As far as I know, (unless you have a Mac) the only way to put down a bullet point in this style is to copy/paste it from the OP/someone else's post, which is why I'm proposing this.
    Yeah I understand where you're coming from regarding the bullet points. The format you've posted, Aura, seems all fine; I'll wait a couple days though for more opinions before I update that into the OP and update all the sets into the new format.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Anyway

- Aqua Tail wants to be added as an option for Serperior's third move.
    - Dark Pulse instead of Snarl on Liepard.
    - Victini's V-Create set lists Wild Charge, should be Fusion Bolt instead. Also, Victini's special-based set still lists Psyshock as Psycho Shock.
    - Volcarona's set still lists Fire Dance and Butterfly Dance instead of Fiery Dance and Quiver Dance.

I know I can just edit them myself, I just don't know if you're fine with that or you want to edit them yourself XD
    Thanks, I'll fix those up. And yep I'm completely fine with you and Grumpy Snorlax editing the thread where you see fit!

• Luxray @ Flame Orb
    • Guts
    • Adamant/Jolly
    • 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge/Spark
    - Ice Fang
    - Facade/Crunch

Gutsray gets Superpower now. woop.

Sawk @ Expert Belt
    Jolly Nature
    Sturdy
    252 Spe/ 252 Atk / 4 HP
    • Brick Break / Close Combat
    • Earthquake
    • Stone Edge

Yay more sets!

e: Well I've updated everything; let me know if I missed anything. Thanks ^^
    Last edited by Zhanton; 2nd September 2012 at 4:24 AM.

I really like the look of the bullet points, but I'll admit it's less practical to make most posters have to copy-paste them. Admittedly, I copy-paste them too.

Alakazam @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Magic Guard
    252 Spe/128 SpA/128 SpD?
    • Calm Mind
    • Psychic
    • Focus Blast
    • Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

Calm Mind set. Psychic STAB. Focus Blast for Steel/Dark. Shadow Ball for Ghosts/Psychics. Signal Beam is new from BW2 Tutor, for other Psychics. It also works as a back-up Focus Blast. Maybe worth considering?

Alakazam @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Magic Guard
    252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
    • Psychic
    • Focus Blast
    • Signal Beam
    • Shadow Ball

I tend to really worry about PP when I'm playing through the storyline so I took both Signal Beam and Shadow Ball. I guess Energy Ball or some Hidden Power is also worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    The format you've posted, Aura, seems all fine; I'll wait a couple days though for more opinions before I update that into the OP and update all the sets into the new format.
    The format that Aurawarrior posted is actually 99% identical to the team format in this subforum's rules

Anyway, I don't see any set for Lugia, even though there's one for Ho-Oh.

• Lugia @ Leftovers
    • Calm / Bold / Modest / Timid Nature
    • Multiscale
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Roost / Aeroblast

Can't figure out a good EV set for it, though
    Any suggestion?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hi here is my recently obtained keldeo
    keldeo (no held item opened to suggestion)
    modest
    justified(useless)
    scald
    calm mind
    secret sword
    hidden power(electric unfortunately)
    opinions please to improve this little guy besides leveling it up cause thats obvious. I was lucky with this one since I got the nature I wanted on my first try. please note this keldeo is 100% legit just so I dont get wrongfully accused of hacking.
    again OPINIONS PLEASE!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

• Keldeo @ Leftovers
    • Justified
    • Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Icy Wind
    - Secret Sword

HP[Electric] is kinda average, and the only other special attack worth using is Icy Wind. Keldeo has a miniscule movepool for a legendary.

Oh, and I'd go with Surf over Scald, for more power. Either one can be used though, since Keldeo has enough power between Calm Mind and Modest.

Persian @ Life Orb
    • Technician
    • Modest
    • 4 HP / 252 Spatk / 252 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Round
    - Thunderbolt
    - Icy Wind

For the 2 guys out there who actually use Persian. Modest and Nasty Plot are all probably needed since Persian's spatk is 65 and any other item is pretty useless when you look at his equally bad defences. Technician Round ftw: It's like Hyper Voice with a built-in Metronome(for the record, it maxes out at 240 power). And of course, Boltbeam. You could also use Hidden Power[Ice] at a power of 60, but Icy Wind's speed drops are really cool(pun intended).

There's also Swift, since it basically a Normal type Aura Sphere with Technician.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 2nd September 2012 at 11:50 PM.

I think we need a Mixed set for Arcanine.

• Arcanine @ Life Orb
    • Intimidate
    • Naive / Mild
    • 252 Speed / 178 Sp.Atk / 74 Atk
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Wild Charge
    - Close Combat / ExtremeSpeed / Crunch

For anyone who hates using a Physical 'nine. Flamethrower is better for a Mixed set , no recoil and with EV Investement as good as Flare Blitz. Dragon Pulse can hit Dragon Types who might be hard to deal with since they wall your STAB. Wild Charge nails Water Types hard. Last slot is filler really.

I think Blissey needs Thunder Wave > one of the Attacking moves. Otherwise , use Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for BoltBeam.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 4th September 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

My Male Leafeon named Bud.

Leafeon @ Muscle Band
    #470 /
    Impish / Leaf Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    - Sunny Day
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Blade
    - Swords Dance

Is this a good Leafeon? I have worked hard on the moveset and EVs. Is there anything I should change about it? It will be a part of my Black team that I will use to battle my friends.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram77 View Post

Leafeon @ Muscle Band
    #470 /
    Impish / Leaf Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    - Sunny Day
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Blade
    - Swords Dance
    I'd take Adamant over Impish and the Dream World ability Chorophyll if possible. This doubles his Speed in sun and makes him much more threatening offensively. Defensively, Leafeon is frail against Special attacks and it doesn't seem you're using it as a support anyways. Better offensive EVs would be 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP. I'd also have something else run Sunny Day, such as Ninetails with Drought, to widen your offensive options.

Leafeon @
    Adamant Nature
    Chlorophyll
    252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
    • Swords Dance
    • Leaf Blade
    • Return
    • Aerial Ace/X-Scissor

Admittedly, after checking, it's almost copy-paste off of the Pokemon of the Week article: http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/470.shtml
    If you're planning on using Leafeon competitively, I'd recommend reading through that.
    Last edited by Monochromatic; 4th September 2012 at 4:29 AM.

I'd take Adamant over Impish and the Dream World ability Chorophyll if possible. This doubles his Speed in sun and makes him much more threatening offensively. Defensively, Leafeon is frail against Special attacks and it doesn't seem you're using it as a support anyways. Better offensive EVs would be 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP. I'd also have something else run Sunny Day, such as Ninetails with Drought, to widen your offensive options.

Leafeon @
    Adamant Nature
    Chlorophyll
    252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
    • Swords Dance
    • Leaf Blade
    • Return
    • Aerial Ace/X-Scissor

Admittedly, after checking, it's almost copy-paste off of the Pokemon of the Week article: http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/470.shtml
    If you're planning on using Leafeon competitively, I'd recommend reading through that.
    OK, but running Sunny Day would power up fire-type moves, which are almost always Special Attacks. They could easily sweep my Leafeon if I didn't see one coming.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

I recently obtained a Shiny Riolu and I hoped I could get some feedback on the moveset/EV's I planned on using.

Lucario @ ???
    • Steadfast
    • Brave (+Attack / - Speed)
    • 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Att / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Aura Sphere / Ice Punch
    - Swords Dance

Close Combat is STAB. Swords Dance is to raise the power of Close Combat and Extremespeed. Aura Sphere also as STAB and to utilise Lucario's slighty better base SP. Att, but I might replace it with Ice Punch once transferred to BW2. I'm not so sure about the EV's and what Item to give it. And most important: I can't change the Ability and Nature! It's a Shiny bred with this Nature and Ability so I can't change it although I know there are better options.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonitor View Post
    I recently obtained a Shiny Riolu and I hoped I could get some feedback on the moveset/EV's I planned on using.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    • Steadfast
    • Brave (+Attack / - Speed)
    • 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
    - Drain Punch
    - Extremespeed
    -Ice Punch
    - Swords Dance

Physical is better if you're stuck with Brave since 10% is a lot. Drain Punch keeps you healthy and is a great STAB. Ice Punch hits Ground and Flying Types who can cause problems.

Close Combat is STAB. Swords Dance is to raise the power of Close Combat and Extremespeed. Aura Sphere also as STAB and to utilise Lucario's slighty better base SP. Att, but I might replace it with Ice Punch once transferred to BW2. I'm not so sure about the EV's and what Item to give it. And most important: I can't change the Ability and Nature! It's a Shiny bred with this Nature and Ability so I can't change it although I know there are better options.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Comments in Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Comments in Bold.
    Thank you very much. This really helps.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

Emboar @ Life Orb
    • Blaze
    - Nitro Charge
    - Flamethrower
    - Wild Charge
    - Hammer Arm

It's for White , so no BW2 Tutor's. BW2 hasn't been released here in Canada.

Samurott @ Life Orb
    • Torrent
    • Lonely
    • 74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 HP
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower/Return

Edit: Change Samurott Nature to Lonely. Change Samurott EVs to 74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 HP and I replace Megahorn/X-Scissor with Aqua Jet for a good Speed Priority move.
    Last edited by chap196; 8th September 2012 at 2:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chap196 View Post
    Samurott @ Life Orb
    • Torrent
    Lonely
    74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 Speed or HP
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower/Return

Aqua Jet is good as a move since with STAB it hits 60 BP. 60 BP + Priority is nice. You're more likely to use Scald to Burn the opponent or beat Fire Types , so dump more EV's into Special Attack. Lonely helps fix the Attack EV's drop. And don't bother with Speed EV's ; Samurott has poor Speed anyway. Max HP for some Bulk.
    Comments in Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Emboar @ Life Orb
    • Blaze
    - Nitro Charge
    - Flamethrower
    - Wild Charge
    - Hammer Arm

It's for White , so no BW2 Tutor's. BW2 hasn't been released here in Canada.
    Implying Emboar got anything useful through Move tutors. It got Fire/ThunderPunch(which have arguably better alternatives) and...Superpower without breeding? Anyway, the moveset is fine but Nitro Charge has been Flame Charge for 18 months now.

And no Flygon moveset. Wat.

Flygon @ Life Orb
    • Levitate
    • Jolly / Naive / Hasty
    • 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon claw/Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch/Fire blast
    - Roost/U-turn

Dragon move+Earthquake hits everyone for everything. I prefer Fire Blast since it's actually slightly more powerful than Fire Punch with a Life Orb but with any other item Fire Punch is stronger.
    There's also Stone Edge, but a Fire move hits Ice types more accurately, deals with Steels who don't get KO'd by Earthquake and hits Bug and Grass types, who just so happen to also resist Earthquake as well.
    The last slot honestly doesn't matter unless you actually use a Life Orb, because 3 attacks+recovery with a Life Orb is the sh*t. I use that kind of Flygon in competitive, and it just refuses to get KO'd.

I am surprised we don't have a moveset for this guy yet, since it feels like everyone and their mother is using this guy for BW2.

And no Flygon moveset. Wat.

Flygon @ Life Orb
    • Levitate
    • Jolly / Naive / Hasty
    • 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon claw/Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch/Fire blast
    - Roost/U-turn

Dragon move+Earthquake hits everyone for everything. I prefer Fire Blast since it's actually slightly more powerful than Fire Punch with a Life Orb but with any other item Fire Punch is stronger.
    There's also Stone Edge, but a Fire move hits Ice types more accurately, deals with Steels who don't get KO'd by Earthquake and hits Bug and Grass types, who just so happen to also resist Earthquake as well.
    The last slot honestly doesn't matter unless you actually use a Life Orb, because 3 attacks+recovery with a Life Orb is the sh*t. I use that kind of Flygon in competitive, and it just refuses to get KO'd.

I am surprised we don't have a moveset for this guy yet, since it feels like everyone and their mother is using this guy for BW2.
    I was surprised since I post a similar moveset recently (nearly a month and a half) in the older thread...
    Flygon@Life Orb
    • Levitate
    • Adamant
    • 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    - Dragon claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost

And that's right, I'll use Flygon in BW2! It's my favourite Pokémon and appears in Unova Pokédex, so why not training one?
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast