Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

First thing I'm wondering is, are you running EV's?

Scald > Surf on Bulky Milotic, as it enjoys burning Physical Sweepers. Toxic has more utility than Mirror Coat, however, Mirror Coat still has its uses in SCRMT, so it depends really on what you need more. Light Screen is relatively useless outside of being used on Dual Screeeners, run Ice Beam. Finally, Recover > Rest.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

^ Edited the post to include the EV spread; sorry, forgot when I posted.
    And yeah, I'll change Surf to Scald, for the reasons you mentioned. What's 'SCRMT'?

SCRMT is Semi Competitive Rate My Team.

The EV's look alright, however you could use 252 Def > 252 SpD. Kinda depends on what you're aiming to Counter.

Considering this as a move-set for a Ludicolo. Most of my team are already attack base, so I think it could work as a staller.

Ludicolo - Bold (+Def - Atk) Leftovers ~ Rain Dish (It's a rain dance and drizzle team)
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Synthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post
    Considering this as a move-set for a Ludicolo. Most of my team are already attack base, so I think it could work as a staller.

Ludicolo - Bold (+Def - Atk) Leftovers ~ Rain Dish (It's a rain dance and drizzle team)
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Synthesis
    Personally Synthesis seems redundant with Leech Seed, Leftovers, and Rain Dish. Not to mention Synthesis is weakened in the rain, only healing 1/4 as opposed to the usual 1/2. Replace it with an offensive move so he at least has SOME offensive presence; even on a staller, it helps to hurry things along, especially if a Sub is already up and you've already laid down the status. Surf will definitely put a dent in things with Rain Up, but Ice Beam can be good for grass types who're immune to Leech Seed. And if all else fails and you still want more recovery, then Giga Drain is an option as well.

Also so you're not taunt bait but you won't see much taunt in game
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 23rd April 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Ludicolo becomes Taunt Bait, I'd drop Synthesis for Giga Drain, and Scald > Substitute. Ludicolo won't be able to keep its Sub intact very long anyways.

Need some advice. Here's my Darkrai:

Darkrai
    Level 72
    Attack: 202
    Defense: 202
    Sp. Atk: 267
    Sp. Def: 202
    Speed: 252

Moves:
    Dark Void
    Dream Eater
    Dark Pulse
    Calm Mind

Debating whether or not I should use Nightmare. Thoughts?

^^^Lol ubers don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Falchy View Post
    Need some advice. Here's my Darkrai:

Darkrai
    Level 72
    Attack: 202
    Defense: 202
    Sp. Atk: 267
    Sp. Def: 202
    Speed: 252
    This info actually doesn't say much. It's usually better to say the nature/EVs rather than the stats at a certain level; they're usually pretty arbitrary, since most people don't track the min/max stats for levels aside from 5, 50, and 100. In any event!

Quote Originally Posted by Falchy View Post
    Moves:
    Dark Void
    Dream Eater
    Dark Pulse
    Calm Mind

Debating whether or not I should use Nightmare. Thoughts?
    No to Nightmare, and no to Dream Eater as well; Darkrai may have the second most reliable sleep inducer behind Spore, but that doesn't mean you should build him entirely around putting things to sleep. Its ability already takes advantage of sleep, by breaking Sturdy/Focus Sash for you. Focus Blast should replace Dream Eater; despite its often shaky accuracy, it gives you the best coverage you can get alongside Dark Pulse. And rather than Calm Mind, you can potentially opt for Nasty Plot to crank up your SpA even higher.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Just a small thing I noticed when looking through the movesets on the first page.
    Alomomola's sole attacking move is Waterfall, a physical move. It does however have a Bold nature, which lowers attack. I'd suggest Impish > Bold.

Darmanitan @life orb
    Sheerforce
    Jolly/ 6 hp - 252 atk - 252 spd
    moveset:
    Flare blitz
    Rockslide
    Bulldoze
    Headbutt

Complete and total monster, flare blitz with stab plus 60% boost with no added hp penalty from life orb thanks to sheerforce. Should I alter one of my moves to a support type or leave it as is?
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by kash0661 View Post
    Darmanitan @life orb
    Sheerforce
    Jolly/ 6 hp - 252 atk - 252 spd
    moveset:
    Flare blitz
    Rockslide
    Bulldoze
    Headbutt

Complete and total monster, flare blitz with stab plus 60% boost with no added hp penalty from life orb thanks to sheerforce. Should I alter one of my moves to a support type or leave it as is?
    Headbutt seems sort of pointless. You already have phenomenal coverage with the other 3 moves, so headbutt doesn't really serve any purpose, imo. You could replace it with Bulk Up for a bit more power (and physical bulk), or Fire Punch in the event that you find yourself not wanting to deal with Flare Blitz's recoil.

• Darmanitan @ Muscle Band
    • Sheer Force
    • Jolly

~ Flare Blitz ~
    ~ Fire Punch ~
    ~ Earthquake / Superpower ~
    ~ Rock Slide ~
    porygon-2

And yes, he is a 13-year boy that make you look like a 8-year boy that like to trolling people...
    lol

well i recently got that new deoxys event they just released i just dont know what to teach it any suggestions?

Deoxys (life orb)
    docile
    pressure
    nasty plot
    recover
    dark pulse
    psycho boost
    i know i didnt have to mention the moves and held item but who cares? i want to try and keep dark pulse and nasty plot but other than that i have zero ideas as to what to teach it im thinking to replace psycho boost with psyshock and throwing in some kind of fighting type move such as superpower or focus blast or drain punch heck im even thinking about brick break any one of those four, anybody got any suggestions? ill probably go with one of the 3 physical moves i listed so either drain punch(so that it will live a little longer and do damage at the same time) or superpower(to leave the opponent in a world of hurt).
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Feraligatr @ Dark gem/life orb
    Torrent
    Can't remember
    Lol can't get dose
    - Superpower
    - Surf
    - Ice fang/blizzard
    - Crunch
    Last edited by Edawgzz2; 8th May 2013 at 2:28 PM.
    Who wants a dragon type. Got BILLIONS.

Black 2 FC 5029 3297 5486

Current shiny hunt

Here, have a bulbasaur brighten your day

Ryhdon dances in pokemon conquest. lollollollol PAAAAARTEH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    well i recently got that new deoxys event they just released i just dont know what to teach it any suggestions?

Deoxys (life orb)
    docile
    pressure
    nasty plot
    recover
    dark pulse
    psycho boost
    i know i didnt have to mention the moves and held item but who cares? i want to try and keep dark pulse and nasty plot but other than that i have zero ideas as to what to teach it im thinking to replace psycho boost with psyshock and throwing in some kind of fighting type move such as superpower or focus blast or drain punch heck im even thinking about brick break any one of those four, anybody got any suggestions? ill probably go with one of the 3 physical moves i listed so either drain punch(so that it will live a little longer and do damage at the same time) or superpower(to leave the opponent in a world of hurt).
    I can't say I've ever played with Deoxys at all but in the end it's going to come down to what forme you want to use. If you want to keep Nasty Plot, Deoxys-S would be your best bet imo since Deoxys-A doesn't need any further SpA boosts (base 180 SpA is powerful enough). Psychic or Psyshock can be used > Psycho Boost for reliability and because the SpA drop works against Nasty Plot. I'd personally go with Focus Blast > Recover; if you're going to run a NP set, I think you should stick to Special moves (though Superpower is ok to use since it's quite powerful, but Drain Punch/Brick Break won't be strong enough, especially when compared to Focus Blast, imo). Dark Pulse is good as it allows you to hit other Psychic-types, as well as Ghost-types, quite hard. Focus Sash is an item you might want to look into if you find that Deoxys-S just gets KO'd as soon as you set up a NP.

So in summary:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Dark Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Edawgzz2 View Post
    Feraligatr @ Dark gem/life orb
    Torrent
    Can't remember
    Lol can't get dose
    - Superpower
    - Surf
    - Ice fang/blizzard
    - Crunch
    Feraligatr's Attack is considerably greater than its SpA, so Surf probably isn't the best STAB move to use; Waterfall has a slightly lower base power but it will do more damage due to it being a physical move. Don't go with Dark Gem as your item, because it only boosts one of your attacks; Life Orb is a better choice, or even a Muscle Band if you don't like the recoil. Feraligatr gets Ice Punch as a move tutor move in BW2, which is more powerful and reliable than Ice Fang and Blizzard.

Water + Ice alone get good coverage. Personally I'd replace Crunch with either Swords Dance or Dragon Dance (egg move), and possibly replace Superpower with Earthquake. Swords Dance boosts your attack much higher, whereas Dragon Dance boosts your attack and also patches up your speed. I suggest getting rid of Superpower as the attack-lowering side effect of Superpower works against Swords Dance and Dragon Dance's boosts. Earthquake gets equally as good coverage without any negative drawbacks.

So in summary:

Feraligatr @ Muscle Band / Life Orb
    - Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Hope this helps.

Thanks, i was finding a future pokemon strategy for mah feraligatr, so thanks! I just need to say, I won't breed for dragon dance, I will use swords dance, and I can't figure out how to get a muscle band, nor can I afford a life orb. Might just get a focus band and use swords dance.

Current shiny hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    I can't say I've ever played with Deoxys at all but in the end it's going to come down to what forme you want to use. If you want to keep Nasty Plot, Deoxys-S would be your best bet imo since Deoxys-A doesn't need any further SpA boosts (base 180 SpA is powerful enough). Psychic or Psyshock can be used > Psycho Boost for reliability and because the SpA drop works against Nasty Plot. I'd personally go with Focus Blast > Recover; if you're going to run a NP set, I think you should stick to Special moves (though Superpower is ok to use since it's quite powerful, but Drain Punch/Brick Break won't be strong enough, especially when compared to Focus Blast, imo). Dark Pulse is good as it allows you to hit other Psychic-types, as well as Ghost-types, quite hard. Focus Sash is an item you might want to look into if you find that Deoxys-S just gets KO'd as soon as you set up a NP.

So in summary:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Dark Pulse

thanks for the suggestions.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I need a good physical attacker for my sun party. I've been using Ninjask so far, but I want something that works better.

Hey I have another one

Kabutops Maximus @focus sash
    Nature: any ability: swift swim
    Waterfall
    Rock slide
    Giga drain*
    Rapid Spin

Mainly offensive mon, but plays a good lead. Mainly relays on stabs, then uses giga drain when weak. It can be considered its own counter. however, it plays multiple strategies, as it can remove stealth rock and spikes, then remove omastar spamming up spikes and stealth rock, and destroy anything weak to rock, water and grass.

*giga drain must be bred, so I will accept that as I have a kabuto with giga drain, but no more tm moves to replace, so I wanna get mah own. Friend still has kabuto as well.

Current shiny hunt

Hey I have another one

Kabutops Maximus @focus sash
    Nature: any ability: swift swim
    Waterfall
    Rock slide
    Giga drain*
    Rapid Spin

Mainly offensive mon, but plays a good lead. Mainly relays on stabs, then uses giga drain when weak. It can be considered its own counter. however, it plays multiple strategies, as it can remove stealth rock and spikes, then remove omastar spamming up spikes and stealth rock, and destroy anything weak to rock, water and grass.

*giga drain must be bred, so I will accept that as I have a kabuto with giga drain, but no more tm moves to replace, so I wanna get mah own. Friend still has kabuto as well.
    Kabutops' Spatk is 65. You won't be damaging or healing much with Giga Drain. Kabutops has no other recovery outside Rest, so I'd go with Aqua Jet so you can deal as much damage as possible before you get Ko'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Ah.. Ok giga drain is recommended by smogon as its the fact giga drain is good against omastar, but stab aqua jet is better.

So like this

Kabutops @focus sash
    Nature: Any Ability:Battle Armor (my new Kabutops has it)
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Rapid Spin
    Last edited by Edawgzz2; 10th May 2013 at 1:15 PM.

Current shiny hunt

Ah.. Ok giga drain is recommended by smogon as its the fact giga drain is good against omastar, but stab aqua jet is better.

So like this

Kabutops @focus sash
    Nature:Jolly / Adamant Any Ability:Battle Armor (my new Kabutops has it)
    Aqua Jet / Substitute
    Waterfall
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Swords Dance
    Don't always follow what Smogon says, they aren't always right. Comments in Bold.

Question

Another one:

(Plasma Deoxys)Deoxys-D @ Life orb
    Nature: Calm (+SpD -Atk) Ability: Pressure
    -----
    Nasty Plot/Calm Mind(?)
    Dark Pulse/Psycho Boost
    Iron Defense
    Seismic Toss/Night Shade

Basically, Set up NP(Nasty Plot)/CM(Calm Mind), and then iron defense, and use moves like seismic toss. i also thought about adding recover and toxic instead. better walling skill, better use of massive Def.

Current shiny hunt

Looking for a move to possibly replace Crunch:

Salamence, Adamant @ Choice Scarf
    252 Att, 104 Spe (couldn't be bothered to continue EV training)
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Tail
    -Fly

Keeping Aqua Tail for the Fire, Rock and Ground types; also going to keep Dragon Claw, unless Outrage is not an Egg-move and is better.
    Thinking about switching Fly for Acrobatics, but I'd have to remove the Scarf, so not really sure what to do on that.

Is there any Physical Fire-type move that Salamence can learn? Getting tired of having to use Fly on the Bugs and Plants.

Salamence learns no physical Fire moves (except maybe Fire Fang). Use Fire Blast instead of Crunch. It may be special, but remember that most Steel types have high Defence but average Spdef.

Is there any Physical Fire-type move that Salamence can learn? Getting tired of having to use Fly on the Bugs and Plants.
    Bug and Grass types are the least of you're worries because you resist them and they rarely carry Rock moves and almost never have Ice/Dragon moves. You should be more concerned with the aforementioned 3 types and the Steel. As it happens Fire Blast covers Steel and Ice types, but also Bug and Grass types if you're that worried about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast