Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

You can use Life Orb instead of Leftovers really.

Kingdra is fine, although as I said in your Thread, Hp [Electric] is pretty necessary.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    Its a prize in the Battle Subway, you can get it in the Dreamworld, you could trade with someone who has an extra or you could just download a Pokemon off Pokecheck that's holding one.
    i just checked battle subway, there is no leftovers as one of the prize items
    dreamworld can only be active once a day and even then there is no guarantee you will find it (edit: just tried this with an evee, absolutely NO luck whatsoever, it's probably a rare item anyway, causing this option to be even more unlikable)
    no-one ever responds when i ask to trade for leftovers
    downloading a pokemon is for roms only right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Surprised we don't have a Magnezone set especially considering half the world used one in BW2, but you have a few options.

Magnezone @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Sturdy
    Modest
    252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - Signal Beam / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunderwave

An all-out attacking Magnezone set. Modest as your nature since Magnezone doesn't need his Attack stat anyway, but if you really can't be bothered trying more to get a Modest one, Mild is alright. Thunderbolt as your STAB as it's more reliable than Thunder. Thunderwave for team support, Flash Cannon for secondary STAB and Signal Beam or Hidden Power [Ice]/[Fire] for further coverage, all three moves hitting Grass-types hard, who resist Thunderbolt. Either Leftovers or Life Orb as your item, depending on whether you want Magnezone to last longer or hit harder.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Modest
    252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Signal Beam / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

This Magnezone is a set-up Magnezone. The set is built around the Substitute + Charge Beam combination; you use Substitute and then spam Charge Beam, hopefully racking up some SpA boosts, after which you can sweep with Thunderbolt and either Signal Beam, Hidden Power [Ice] or Hidden Power [Fire]. Leftovers as your item so you can heal the Substitute damage.

Hope this helps!
    i only just noticed that i already had leftovers on another pokemon of mine, meaning i can't add another one if i'm going for the flat rule (still any tips on getting more leftovers is a big help)
    would a sitrus berry be a good replacement?
    Last edited by samrules4; 13th March 2013 at 4:29 AM.
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

Quote Originally Posted by samrules4 View Post
    i only just noticed that i already had leftovers on another pokemon of mine, meaning i can't add another one if i'm going for the flat rule (still any tips on getting more leftovers is a big help)
    would a sitrus berry be a good replacement?
    Eh Sitrus Berry's not the best replacement; maybe go with Life Orb on the first set and Wise Glasses on the second (since your boosting through Sub isn't going to be helpful if you only get to attack once or twice after boosting).

Default Your opinions on Shaymin Movesets?

Hi,

I have this Timid Natured Shaymin, with decent EVs in all stats except for SpA and Speed (31 IVs in SpD though), which I thought would defeat the purpose of a 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD EV spread.

I had a thought on a mixed Shaymin EV spread with the moveset below:

Mixed
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spe / 76 SpD
    -Leech Seed
    -Seed Flare / Energy Ball
    -Growth
    -Substitute

I was thinking Growth could be the main income of highest damage possible with Seed Flare, and up it's SpD at the same time which would work well in it's 31 IVs in SpD. This would also work as a Sub-Seed Set too. That's what I call a mixed set.

Do you have any thoughts on this? Or any other suggestions beside this?

Edit: Oops I meant to post this in the single-RMT section. >.<
    Last edited by AmphyLucky13; 15th March 2013 at 6:51 AM.
    3DS FC: 2879-0175-7289 Zelda (X) & Maybell (AS)

Friend Safari: Fire Type Ponyta / Braixen / Larvesta

Wants: Other Egg Move Or IV Bred Pokemon ❤

Some Trade Set-Ups, I Will Ask Detailed Information Of The Pokemon You Are Offering. Please Don't Be Offended By This, Since I Will Be Doing The Same To Prevent Scamming.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphyLucky13 View Post
    Hi,

I have this Timid Natured Shaymin, with decent EVs in all stats except for SpA and Speed (31 IVs in SpD though), which I thought would defeat the purpose of a 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD EV spread.

I had a thought on a mixed Shaymin EV spread with the moveset below:

Mixed
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spe / 76 SpD
    -Leech Seed
    -Seed Flare / Energy Ball
    -Growth
    -Substitute

I was thinking Growth could be the main income of highest damage possible with Seed Flare, and up it's SpD at the same time which would work well in it's 31 IVs in SpD. This would also work as a Sub-Seed Set too. That's what I call a mixed set.

Do you have any thoughts on this? Or any other suggestions beside this?

Edit: Oops I meant to post this in the single-RMT section. >.<
    This looks solid, however I'd see what Hidden Power it has. If it's Hp [Fire] I'd use it instead of Substitute so Ferrothorn dosen't wall you. Otherwise looks alright.

Thank you! Unfortunately, doesn't have HP fire... it has hp dragon. I guess I'll stick with substitute unless you think otherwise.

Some Trade Set-Ups, I Will Ask Detailed Information Of The Pokemon You Are Offering. Please Don't Be Offended By This, Since I Will Be Doing The Same To Prevent Scamming.

Well, there is one more option. Earth Power can be used for solid damage on Ferrothorn after a few boosts. That's all it can really do :]

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Well, there is one more option. Earth Power can be used for solid damage on Ferrothorn after a few boosts. That's all it can really do :]
    Ok I appreciate the advice, thanks so much!

Victini @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~ V-Create
    ~ Fusion Bolt
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Substitute

V-Create is the most powerful Move at Victini's disposal, so it's my choice of STAB. Behind a Substitute, I can fire it off a few times before needing to worry about being KOed as I'll outspeed nearly everything ingame. Fusion Bolt and Brick Break are important for killing things that resist V-Create.
    Last edited by ~ DC ~; 22nd March 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    porygon-2

And yes, he is a 13-year boy that make you look like a 8-year boy that like to trolling people...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~ DC ~ View Post
    Victini @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~ V-Create
    ~ Fusion Bolt
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Substitute

V-Create is the most powerful Move at Victini's disposal, so it's my choice of STAB. Behind a Substitute, I can fire it off a few times before needing to worry about being KOed as I'll outspeed nearly everything ingame. Fusion Bolt and Brick Break are important for killing things that resist V-Create.
    V-Create lowers Speed as well so the Substitute idea won't work. If you want to sweep with V-Create the best way would be to use Trick Room

Victini @ Life Orb
    Brave
    Victory Star
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -V-Create
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Trick room
    -Brick Break

Alternatively you could go mixed with 252 Atk / 252 Spatk / 4 HP and use Psychic, Energy Ball or something over Brick Break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Alternatively, you could give it a Choice item because you would likely be switching out a lot anyway so V-Create's drops aren't so bad.

Victini @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    Jolly / Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ V-Create
    ~ Fusion Bolt
    ~ Brick Break / Trick
    ~ Zen Headbutt / Trick

You could run trick if you wanted to screw over things which wouldn't appreciate the item
    im not sure about anything

Poochyena
    Rattled
    Serious
    4/14/24/25/15/30
    Tackle
    Howl
    Sand-attack
    Dark Pulse

It's hidden power is psychic. I want to train it to like lv.70 which means I want to evolve to Mightyena. So I would like if anybody can give me advice for training.
    I'm basically looking for the best training regime.
    Last edited by grey_WARTORTLE; 25th March 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    White F.C.: 1507-2096-0914

Looking for some Lv.1 shinies (male and not NN'd): Hoothoot, Tympole, & Golet,
    I'm offering just any pokemon I have: legendary, shiny, event, dw pokemon/event, gen 1-5 starters, or just regular pokemon.
    VM if you want to set up a trade with me

Mightyena wants Sucker Pawnch / Fire Fang / Return / Super Fang.

As for Training it, maybe try Pokepolls or The Question Thread.

Looking for some advice for a battle subway poke. Don't know if this is better placed here or in the BS discussion thread.

I have been inspired by magikrap's doubles streak and in particular his Yanmega so I have rng'd one for myself. I'll post the two possible sets but the only difference is speed EV's

This is intended for a doubles team.

Yanmega @life orb?
    Speed boost
    Modest
    4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
    Bug Buzz
    Air Slash
    HP Ice (70)
    Detect

Or...

Yanmega @life orb?
    Speed Boost
    Modest
    44HP/252Sp.A/212Spe
    (Same moveset)

Now, after one speed boost Yanmega 1 reaches a speed of 220, whereas Yanmega 2 reaches a speed of 213. With Y1 I'm only gaining a speed jump over 3 Accelgor.

Before the speed boost though there's a more substantial difference. There's 33 pokes I either speed tie with or am out-sped by with Y2, whereas Y1 outspeeds 23 of those and ties with 10.

I'm inclined to go for the bulkier build and just detect when I see a threat. The only thing that could make this awkward would be seeing an opposing Yanmega (3 of those have 147 speed) but I'm planning on also leading with a Terrakion so that should be able to take care of the Yanmega with a rock slide
    Last edited by Pidj; 28th March 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Both Yanmega do well in their own way, however I would suggest trying out a Tnited Lens + Specs set to help Yanmega with it's slightly above average SpA, by not losing out on coverage while being locked.

However, Speed Boost is also useful. I guess it's just a usualy case, whereas the Pokemon in mind has two good Abilitys which change the approach to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Looking for some advice for a battle subway poke. Don't know if this is better placed here or in the BS discussion thread.

I have been inspired by magikrap's doubles streak and in particular his Yanmega so I have rng'd one for myself. I'll post the two possible sets but the only difference is speed EV's

This is intended for a doubles team.

Yanmega @life orb?
    Speed boost
    Modest
    4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
    Bug Buzz
    Air Slash
    HP Ice (70)
    Detect

Or...

Yanmega @life orb?
    Speed Boost
    Modest
    44HP/252Sp.A/212Spe
    (Same moveset)

Now, after one speed boost Yanmega 1 reaches a speed of 220, whereas Yanmega 2 reaches a speed of 213. With Y1 I'm only gaining a speed jump over 3 Accelgor.

Before the speed boost though there's a more substantial difference. There's 33 pokes I either speed tie with or am out-sped by with Y2, whereas Y1 outspeeds 23 of those and ties with 10.

I'm inclined to go for the bulkier build and just detect when I see a threat. The only thing that could make this awkward would be seeing an opposing Yanmega (3 of those have 147 speed) but I'm planning on also leading with a Terrakion so that should be able to take care of the Yanmega with a rock slide
    I'd be inclined to just go max speed rather; what are those HP EVs going to save you from that you wouldn't otherwise survive? It only equates to 10 more HP anyway, which seems fairly inconsequential to me. Mind you, it's not like I've mathed this out, and I don't know if there's a specific threat that you're trying to survive a blow from, but... the HP just doesn't seem like it'd make a significant difference.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

• Salamence @ Leftovers
    • Adamant
    • 255 Atk / 255 Spe
    • Intimidate
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

Pretty generic Salamence for the Battle Subway.

Substitute protects me against god awful hax and Status that ruins my day. I've used Brick Break in favor of Eathquake as it hits Skarmory harder than DC. Although I lose out on 4x on Heatran, at +6 I OHKO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    • Salamence @ Leftovers
    • Adamant
    • 255 Atk / 255 Spe
    • Intimidate
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

Pretty generic Salamence for the Battle Subway.

Substitute protects me against god awful hax and Status that ruins my day. I've used Brick Break in favor of Eathquake as it hits Skarmory harder than DC. Although I lose out on 4x on Heatran, at +6 I OHKO.
    Looks good. Although if you wanted to you could invest in HP and sacrifice a bit of speed or attack to make your substitutes a bit stronger. If you DD enough sacrificing a bit of either shouldn't be an issue. Can't think of a spread off the top of my head now though
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

I might want to add that it will have a TrickScarf Lead so I won't always be getting hit by a Move thanks to Flash.

The added Bulk would be nice, but I think that Salamence normally gains a bit of Physical Bulk by Intimidating a Physical Sweeper, making my Subs harder to break. Furthermore, I can try a hand at switching in and out.

Thanks.

I think that the gyarados in the op can also utilize bounce well enough, so I would slash that in.

• Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
      Iron Barbs
      Brave
      252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Power Whip
    ~ Payback
    ~ Bulldoze
    Last edited by ~ DC ~; 4th April 2013 at 1:10 AM.
    porygon-2

And yes, he is a 13-year boy that make you look like a 8-year boy that like to trolling people...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~ DC ~ View Post
    I think that the gyarados in the op can also utilize bounce well enough, so I would slash that in.

• Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
      Iron Barbs
      Relaxed
      252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Power Whip
    ~ Payback
    ~ Bulldoze
    The moves are fairly standard for a choice band set, but you may get a bit more oomph with a Brave nature; you still get -Speed for max Gyro Ball damage, but the +Attack will give your Choice Band set a bit more power. It's not make or break, but every little bit counts.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

wait I actually put Relaxed? i meant brave. I'll add it. Thanks.
    porygon-2

lol

Need an opinion on my Toxicroak!

Toxicroak - Hasty (Dry Skin) (Black Sludge)
    ~Poison Jab
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Foul Play/Sucker Punch?
    ~Protect (Lets it recover HP from the rain and held item)

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post
    Need an opinion on my Toxicroak!

Toxicroak - Hasty (Dry Skin) (Black Sludge)
    ~Poison Jab
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Foul Play/Sucker Punch?
    ~Protect (Lets it recover HP from the rain and held item)
    Poison Jab may have STAB, but it offers little to no coverage. Ice Punch works better, especially since it allows Toxicroak to break through things like Gliscor who would otherwise wall it indefinitely. Foul Play is terrible and should never be used on anything with a decent attack stat; Sucker Punch on the other hand is pretty standard. I'd go for Swords Dance or Bulk up over Protect, especially with a Hasty nature. Yeah, you can squeeze a little more HP out with Protect, but its better for stallers/bulkier Pokemon who don't take much damage from attacks, since they'll always stay relatively healthy. Toxicroak is pretty frail though; it can run a stalling set, but it's more oriented towards a Bulk Up+Sub+Drain Punch build if it wants to stall.

Toxicroak prefers an Adamant or Jolly nature as well; there's no need to lower its defense if it's not going to use its special attack at all.

Looking for a rating on my Milotic:

Milotic, Calm - ???
    252 Spc.Df, 252 HP, 4 Spd
    -Surf
    -Mirror Coat
    -Light Screen/Ice Beam
    -Rest/Recover/???

Using her as a special wall, so I'm not sure if I should go with Light Screen or more coverage with Ice Beam. Rest also makes more sense to me over Recover, since the former goes well with Marvel Scale, but with two 'wasted' turns, anything can happen.
    Would also like to keep Mirror Coat, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
    Not too sure on the item, either.

Thanks
    Last edited by RoySceptile; 22nd April 2013 at 12:43 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast