Thread: My Little Pony: A Tail of Two Realms [Sign Ups, Rated PG-13]

Threaded View

Default My Little Pony: A Tail of Two Realms [Sign Ups, Rated PG-13]

Finally I have restarted this! I'm looking forward to seeing this Rp alive again.

In the magical land of Equestria, everything is at peace. Nightmare Moon has been transformed back into Princess Luna, Discord has been turned back into stone, and the Queen of the Changelings and her minions has been banished to regions unknown. All the ponies and other denizens of Equestria live in harmony; at least for the time being. But in a land far away, in the plane of another dimension, things aren't so fine and dandy.

In another realm, there is a land called Sapiera. This is a land where humans are the main race, similer to the one we know. However, the realm of Sapiera has many key differences. Most technology in Sapiera is the same as Equestria's currently is, with early 1900's technology, with no traces of guns and limited explosive weaponry. Instead, the humans of Sapiera still fight with swords and bows, and also have magic. Not all humans can use magic, but select few have the power to wield it. These few "magic bearers" are held in high regard and are often well respected. Their magic works very similer to the magic of a unicorns, except they require special wands or staffs enchanted and designed to cast spells to be able to use magic.

And unlike Equestria, Sapiera is not in a time of peace. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The land was for the longest time run by the royal bloodline of the Caer (pronounced K-air) family, And at the current moment, it still is; but that is the problem at the moment. When King Renais took power 11 years ago, everything went to hell. The mad king began to enslave villagers, and turn them into mindless slaves. He also began to create hordes of undead armies, turning them as well into mindless slaves, except in their case their fate is eternal. The border regions of the kingdom broke off, and formed a resistance force to fight the king. But in midst of all this, something else even worse was going to happen.

It was 4 years ago when the people of Sapiera realized that their realm was dying. Entire provences would start to lose their color, and eventually...completely cease to exist. Holes formed in the land, entire black voids where there used to be land. Forunately, the spread is slow, and at the presant only 5% of the kingdom is currently...well, nothing. But the people of the land realized that they needed to do something about this. As the Resistance tried to come up with a way to save their world, they discovered that the mad king's kingdom was already coming up with a plan of their own. They had discovered how to travel to other worlds through portals created by magic, and were apparently already making plans on invading an alternate dimension. The Resistance was horrified of the idea of the kingdon taking claim of another people's world and leaving the Resistance in their realm to die, so they began to make their own portals to travel to this world as well.

This is when the Sapierians discovered Equestria, And this is when Mohrieh, an old and wise wizard of the Resistance, foretold of a prophecy. He stated that there was a select few people in Equestria that held the key to not only stopping the Sapiera Kingdom, but also stop the "void" from destorying their realm, and that there were also a few humans destined to join them in saving both realms. With this, Mohrieh created the Destiny Emblems, which each one responded to the person they are linked to, who is "destined" to go on a quest to save both realms. Even though he himself created these emblems, Mohrieh stated that he did not know who any of the heroes were; except one, his only pupil Xavier Owens. Mohrieh gives his student his Destiney Emblem, as well as most of the other ones as well. Mohrieh tells him to go to Equestria, warn the ponies of the incoming invasion, and use the Destiny Emblems to find the heroes that Mohrieh talked about. Mohrieh keeps a few of the Destiny Emblems himself, as they belong to humans still in Sapiera.

This is where you come in. Whether you're a simple farmer pony in Appleoosa, a regal unicorn in Canterlot, a human knight fighting for the Resistance, or any other person/pony, you always have one thing in common: for some reason or another, you're one of the heroes that Mohrieh told of. Will you be able to help the Resistance stop the invasion, or will you be powerless against their army, causing Equestria to fall into ruin? And what of the mysterious voids appearing in Sapiera? Can they be stopped, or is Sapiera doomed to disappear forever, and if it does, will Equestria be next? All of this and more will be revealed in...

My Little Pony: A Tail of Two Realms

Races

There are five choices for what race to be: Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, Human, and Other.

Earth Pony: Should be self explanatory. Earth Ponies have the advantage of being strong and athletic, however they don't have any special powers. If you are an Earth Pony, you should probably be starting in either Ponyville or Appleoosa.

Pegasus: Once again, self-explanatory. Pegasi can fly, and control the weather, and they tend to be more athletic than Unicorns, but not as much as Earth Ponies. If you are a Pegasus, you should probably be starting in either Ponyville or Cloudsdale.

Unicorn: Again, self-explanatory. A Unicorn's advantage is probably the most obvious; they can, and specalize, in using magic. However, Unicorns tend to not be as strong or as athletic as other races. If you are a Unicorn, you should probably be starting in either Ponyville or Canterlot.

Human: A Human from Sapiera. One day, a wizard came to you to tell you that the great wizard Mohrieh wishes to see you at Fort Darius (a fort for the Resistance). When you get there, you see that Mohrieh is waiting for you, and that you weren't the only one told to come. He tells you that you are a "Hero of Destiny" as he calls it, and gives each of you a Destiny Emblem. He tells you that he has already sent his pupil into Equestria, and that you must go as well and try and find him. You ask why, but he tells you that "all will be revealed in time". So you head into the portal, and end up somewhere in Equestria. Humans have the advantage of being essentially a jack-of-all-trades. Humans can do pretty much anything, but generally not as well as other races. Some humans are strong, some can use magic, and some can even fly through the use of enchanted items. For how your character would fight, think of D&D classes. Theives, Wizards, Archers, Paladins, etc. That kind of stuff. Note that although a Human can pretty much be anything, it's pretty much impossible for one to be more than one thing (like you wouldn't have a Wizard Knight). You can pretty much start at any point in Equestria, but I'd suggest starting at the same spot as the other Humans (besides Xavier), and that you start somewhere near a town (like Ponyville).

Other: Pretty much all the sentient races in Equestria that aren't Earth Ponies, Pegasi, or Unicorns. Alicorns, Dragons, Changelings, Griffins, Minotaurs, and Diamond Dogs are just a couple of examples. What you can do and where you start depend on what you are. I can give details about a race if asked. I'd like there to be a higher amount of regular ponies over Humans and Others, and more Humans than Others.

NOTE: I will probably not be accepting Alicorns. You can sign up as one, but your sign up needs to be extremely exceptional for me to accept it. I'll probably be pretty picky with most races that classify as "Other" in fact.

The Destiny Emblems

The Destiny Emblems are medallions that hold a secret power. Each Destiny Emblem is made of gold, and is at the end of the chain is a round, disc like piece that has one or two gems on it. The gems are diffrent with each emblem, and are what is diffrent between each chosen's emblem. For example, Xavier's Destiny Emblem has a single light grey jewel on the center of it. Every character has a Destiny Emblem. Although they appear benign at first, they hold a secret power that is unlocked when all of the emblems meet their bearers...

Magic

There are 12 forms of magic in the RP; 9 of which can be used by anyone from the start. You can either specialize in one kind of magic, or be able to do two different kinds, at the cost of potentcy. The races that can use magic at the start are: Unicorns, Humans, and for Other races, Changelings and Alicorns.

Later on, you may be able to learn other forms of magic. It may even be possible for races that normally can't use magic to be able to later.

Light Magic
    Light: Controling light (Example: Blinding enemies with light, bending light into a consentrated beam to burn enemies with).
    Mind: Contol of memory spells and mind altering spells. Users of Mind magic are also better at Telekinesis (Example: Using a memory spell to make someome remember/forget something, being able to lift much more with telekinesis than most magic users).
    Restoration: Healing or mending living things (Example: Healing a wound or curing an illness with magic).
    Spirit (Not avalible to players): Being able to communicate with the dead and bring back spirits into physical form to fight with. Is an extremely rare form of magic, that only a select few Humans called "Windwhisperers" can use. (Example: Talking to the dead, bringing back spirits to fight for you).

Neutral Magic
    Elemental: Control of the elements (Example: Creating Fire to launch at opponents, creating blizzards to freeze opponents).
    Guardian: Using spells that are meant specifically to prevent you or allies from getting hurt (Example: creating force fields, being able to teleport self and others).
    Alteration: Being able to change the form of self or others. This can range from minor changes, like giving yourself wings or fins, to complete tranformations, such as turning yourself into a bird or a fish (Example: Giving wings to fly with, or transforming into bird so target can fly).
    Dimensional (Not avalible at first, will be avalible later on): Control over dimensions. Is a very new form of magic, which is used to travel between realms (Example: Traveling between dimensions, using dimension bending powers to warp from one location to another).

Dark Magic
    Shadow: Control of shadows or dark entities to fight with (Example: Enveloping opponents in shadows, hurting them and blinding them, creating a black hole to suck opponents into the center (but not destroy them)).
    Illusion: Using magic to trick or decieve (Example: Creating clones of self, or making self turn invisible).
    Destruction: Harming or maiming living things (Example: Using a spell to confuse and harm the opponent, using a spell to give an opponent an illness).
    Conjuration (Only avalible to Humans at start, can be used by others later on): A relitively new form of magic, used commonly by Sorcerors for the Sapiera Kingdom. Can be used to bring back and control the dead, or create odd malevolent entities to fight with (Example: Bringing back the dead, controlling those you bring back to life to do what you command against their will).

The Index

This is a system I plan on employing for the RP. Basically, it will be a little dictionary for locations, objects, characters, and events in the story. This is meant for you, as the player, to be able to keep track of the plot easier, which is especially helpful when you're falling behind.

Rules

1. Standard Serebii rules apply.
    2. Try to make your posts long. Please. I'm not going to enforce this too hard, but you need to keep a post at a decent length.
    3. No bunnying without consent. As the GM, I reserve the right to do a small amount of bunnying (such as saying that the group as a whole arrives at a location), but normally when something comes around I will ask for your permission if I plan on doing anything with a character.
    4. Don't attack or belittle fellow RPers. I reserve the right of killing your character and kicking you out of the RP for repeated offences.
    5. CERTAIN NPCs are allowed to be bunnied. But not all. I'll probably add a part to the Index where I state whether a character is a bunniable NPC or not.
    6. Do not Godmod. Seriously, it ruins the fun for everyone else.
    7. The start of all posts should look like this:
    (Character's Name)
    (Character's Race)
    (Character's Location)
    Here's an example:
    Xavier Owens
    Human
    Ponyville
    8. Have fun!

Alright, here's where you sign up. Note, I'm looking for a BALANCED group. Probably about 20% for each kind of character (1/5 Earth Pony, 1/5 Pegasi, etc.) I will allow you to have two characters, but no more then that.

Name: Obvious.
    Age: Obvious (For dragons, please be 18 or under. It'd be too hard to deal with a 100 foot dragon.)
    Race: Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, Human, or one of the other races.
    Magic(If a magic user): Name one or two kinds of magic. Note that I mean specific forms of magic like Elemental and Shadow; not the general categories like Neutral or Dark. Only magic users need to put this part in.
    Skills: Any mentionable skills the character has. Not 100% nessesary, but I'd like to know what your character can do.

Personality: What your character acts like. 5-7 Sentence minimum.

Appearence: What your character looks like. Please be sure your character actually looks like a member of their race. Also be sure to describe what your Destiny Emblem looks like. 5-7 sentence minimum.

Cutie Mark: What your cutie mark is. No real limit, but try to be descriptive. Take note that if you're young, you may not have your cutie mark yet. Only put this in if your character is an Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, Alicorn, or Zebra.

History: What happened to your character in the past, leading up to the events of the RP. 10-12 sentence minimum.

Misc Info: Anything else you'd like to add, or ask.

Accepted Players:

Xavier Owens, Male Human - Billy Mays
    Dr. Dawn Starshine, Female Unicorn - Billy Mays
    Halt Drakeson, Male Human - deltakurumiru4
    Narga Cuga, Female Pegasus-Dragon Hybrid - deltakurumiru4
    Prince SkyFall, Male Alicorn - SoulMuse
    Soaring Melody, Female Pegasus - Thecatteam
    Shadowflare, Male Pegasus - Krazy95
    Prince Cometspark, Male Alicorn - Krazy95
    Apple Bon Bon, Male Earth Pony - Chili
    Cynder, Female Zebra - Nightfall_

Pending:

None currently.

Reserves:

None currently.

Get going with them sign ups lads!
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 16th September 2012 at 10:09 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093