6 9.52%
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver

1 1.59%
  • Black/White

3 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Type Trainers

Default Old Type Trainers

Hey guys this is a thread for 'older type' (trainers who started playing in the good old GB and GBC days)

Name what game you started in and how you got into competitive battling.

EX.-Flash-Sama
    I started in Red and Yellow Even though Crystal was amazing!! (Swear i fought trainer Red at least 1000 times)
    Anyways I got into competitive battling because I want to greatly improve my trainer skills..

There you go guys

Please add me so we can battle and what not..my FC is in my sig

I started in RBY, but never did competetive till 5th gen.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Oh so you started competitive when B/W came out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Sama View Post
    Oh so you started competitive when B/W came out ?
    I got a cheap copy of Black, and learnt about EV training, pokemon online and stuff, and soon had some good competetive teams made.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

i started with platinum after watching my friend play and recommend it. training my fire monkey was fun he picked piplup

Started at GSC, and went straight to RSE when they came out

I started with Ruby. ^_^

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Ahh the good game boy days

Started with Yellow :3

Started competitive when b/w came out and i found out about PO
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I started with Red. I don't do a lot of competitive battling, but I became interested in it in 4th gen., a little after Platinum came out.
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

I started with Yellow/Blue/Red

I played since Emerald.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

i started with XD

what now

My Friend Safari is Light type.

I started with Pearl. I got into competitive in Black because I wanted to get good at competitive battling and I'm still learning.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Many years ago i was a genwunner and hated the idea of tons of pokemon... When the remakes came out (fr/lg) i obviously had to play them... But there was a posgame... With new pokemon that looked cool and stuff, so i tough "i'll give them a chance" and now I love all 647 (i always will have ratatta and patrat).

I'm not in to competitive yet because my internet connections always s***s ... But i like the idea and i ev train and build competitive teams for the battle frontier and for the subway :]

I started w/ Pearl on my 11th birthday. its been 4 years & I still enjoy it.
    I also have SoulSilver, & I accidentally clicked "HG/SS" in the poll. ><
    ~Bane of a Grass Type Gym Leader~

Ive been playing since red and blue and played every game since i always enjoyed just making teams for the story in game and making new teams etc etc. Will try getting into competitive for black 2

I have played it since Red, Blue, and Yellow, although I didn't play it competently until Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and later on during the 3rd Generation; I didn't care about the game mechanics or playing competitively until a while after Diamond and Pearl came out.

I THINK I started in Gold. It was either that or Yellow, but my cards are more on Gold. Also, I don't do competative battling - I considered it after playing Black but... meh, never got into it.

in my neighborhood growing up there were 5 of us. The first guy got red and got a charmander, the second guy got blue and a squirtle, third charmander, fourth squirtle, and i was supposed to be the tie breaker... my happy self got a bulbasaur
    Yes, there IS a spoon.

DW:

Good choice in Bulba(even though in Red I picked Char

I started from the beginning with Red and Blue, but I have never gotten into competitive battling, but I am considering it strongly i just don't have much team building experience.

Oh so youre like me
    I tried competitive battling but I didnt know squat about it and I had started college at the time so I didnt progress

and team building all depends on how you want to use your pokes

I should have gotten started in the R/B/Y days, but for several reasons I didn't get in on Pokemon until Gale of Darkness in Gen III. After that I went back and got LeafGreen and then Emerald.

But I didn't really get into competitive battling until Gen V. So imagine my joy when I found out that wi-fi tournaments are held in doubles style! So in a way, I was able to return to my roots while trying this new competitive stuff. I consider that something of a compensation for not getting in on Pokemon from the start.

Though I guess my biggest compensation is that I can upload all the Pokemon I've ever used to my new games and keep them "alive", even my first starter of my first game. Thanks to the the unfortunate break between Gen II and III, a lot of people can't do that.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Started with Blue back in the ancient days of link cables, Pokemon Stadium, and Psychic Pokemon having no weaknesses (lol Pin Missile as the best Bug move). I lost interest in the series after being underwhelmed by Sapphire and didn't touch the series again until I came across my old copy of Crystal a few months ago.

The extent of my competitive battling career was having everyone come to my house (in the land of the gamers the kid the with N64 is king), transferring our teams over to Pokemon Stadium, and duking it out with teams of Pokemon who knew 4 attack moves.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast