Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Do I gotta repeat myself? Here I'll use caps to get it through your thick skull. IRIS, DAWN AND WTF HIS NAME IS HAVE TERRIBLE PERSONALITIES. THEY ARE SO GODDAMN ANNOYING THAT I CAN'T LISTEN TO THEM. NOT TO MENTION ASH'S ANNOYING VOICE. TEAM ROCKET'S PERSONALITY HAS WENT DOWN THE SHITTER TOO. Brock and Misty had good personalities. The were funny to watch. The other people are just painful to watch. May wasn't too bad tho.
    I don't mean to jump in here but since you've watched the older AG/DPepisodes and didn't like them, how about watching the newer ones and maybe you'll find it interested. Not all of the series will make you feell the same way. Plus, I don't see how one main girl, whether it's May or Dawn would make the show horrible on it's own. Wasn't there anything else you liked besides worrying about what personalities the girls have that would interest you? What about the other characters that existed on the show? Or have you forgot who they were?

Yesterday I went back and watched the entire Kanto League. My nostalgia told me it was good, but the battles generally sucked. Krabby taking out an Exeggutor and the Bellsprout having a built-in lightningrod ability was bad. The battles now are generally better because they follow the rules and usually take more than one hit to knock out.
    Finally someone has taken the time to see how badly written the battles were even compared to how it is now. I would hope some adults could alteast see that some improvement was made somewhere along the lines.

My ideal battle ever!

I used to watch episodes all the time when I was little, starting from the original series. I've continued along that path as long as 4Kids gave us episodes to watch. Ever since they moved it to Cartoon Network (Battle Frontier style), I couldn't watch them anymore, and that was when I lost interest in Pokemon the most. Until the middle of the D/P series, I started getting back into the show. I asked my cousin to record a few episodes from Cartoon Network, and I eventually found out I could find them online, as well. So the only time I really stopped watching was during the Battle Frontier and first D/P seasons. Now, I continue to watch the newer episodes, and I doubt I'd lose interest soon.

Durring the Orange Islands, but it wasn't my choice; my mom told us to stop watching it. We could still play the games and stuff, but we couldn't watch the show without special permission-which she rarely gave. Now it's on cable only, so I can't watch new episodes. I have amassed a decent VHS collection; I watch those.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The anime got higher ratings back in the day more to the fact that it was promoted more and received more advertising than the quality of the show itself.
    Eh i wouldn't be so sure about that. You would be surprised how many people who kept watching anime still consider OS as generally better written in comedy and group dynamics. In battle field and development new sagas are obviously better written, but as long time watcher i can say without doubt how they dropped in quality of other segments.

Ratings didn't started to drop until mid Johto when GS ball was dropped with fillers replacing it, which wasn't fixed until 5th season. Than there are also other factors like Misty leaving, replace of older voice actors etc which drove away certain portion of fandom too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Yesterday I went back and watched the entire Kanto League. My nostalgia told me it was good, but the battles generally sucked. Krabby taking out an Exeggutor and the Bellsprout having a built-in lightningrod ability was bad. The battles now are generally better because they follow the rules and usually take more than one hit to knock out.
    True, but if you ask me battle against Mandy and Jeanette on grass field was quite enjoyable.
    However while most battles in Kanto cannot compare to newer sagas i can give writers some slack being after all saga when they just started.
    In Johto there was massive improvement with battles usually being interesting to watch. Battles against gym leaders like Morty, Chuck, Jasmine or Clair, Whirl Cup challenge, underwater battle against unofficial gym leader Dorian, TR against Articuno or Lance etc are few to mention which i especially liked.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 9th October 2012 at 9:37 AM.

I'm still watching the anime. I'm just not caught up with the most recent Best Wishes episodes yet.

Please make sure this doesn't turn into a series VS series face-off. I know most people mention their dislike of a particular series to explain why they stopped watching and that's fine, but don't start arguing with said people and try to convince them that their dislike is unjustified. Likewise, please don't nag people and tell them that/why series X or Y is crap. That's not the purpose of the thread. Thank you~

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It's kinda funny people think Kanto or Johto had epic battles beyond some good ones here and there.

If there's one thing that improved it was the battles tenfold.
    I remembered Ash's battle against Gary in the Silver Conference being epic. Then I recently re-watched it for something and it turned out to be a total piece of crap. Not even the Charizard v. Blastoise battle was any good. Damn nostalgia.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I never stopped watching Pokemon. If I did then I wouldn't have still liked it as much as I could stand. People just needed to give the entire thing a chance.

My ideal battle ever!

i stoped near the end of hoenn, i dident like Sinnoh. but the new B/W are amasing im hooked agen like its the begining of kanto agen

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Around second season in DP...I liked the show as a kid but then I was starting to get ticked off by the lack of evolution within the series (and Dawn's personality ticked me off as well). But what can you expect, the show is aimed at 5-year olds, not teenagers who should be studying for the SATs. Then I discovered the manga and found that it fulfilled all my expectations in a Pokemon franchise and more. So I switched from the anime to the manga. I sometimes keep up with what's currently going on in the anime with serebii and I do watch some episodes from time to time (and don't get me wrong, a few, VERY few moments in the anime ARE epic like the rivalry between Brock's Croagunk and Saturn's Toxicroak) but I'm not as big of a fan of it as I used to be (and nearly not as close as I am a fan of the manga).

I never really watched it thoroughly, the series was too repetitive.

I will say after the third gen I terminated it completely. Overall I have always thought the anime was pretty bad and juvenile. I turned on my TV this morning and saw a BW episode and it was jusr god awful. Ash's voice was so ugh, and I can't believe they are still recycling Jesse and James.

I did watch the D/P mvies though.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

since I never really watched any tv, I have to say I bought the episodes till when ash beat sabrina. (I was 9 i think)
    Ocasionally watched an episode when the opportunity presented itself, but never really followed it and stopped watching alltogether eventually.
    Few years later I stubled upon a site that had all the episodes till advanced generation and decided to watch the whole Hoen and battle frontier sagas.
    at the time diamond and pearl just began to air and watched the first 5 or so episodes and forgot about the show once more.
    When the dp-saga was nearing the pokemon contest-tournament, I watched the dp-saga and then checked on the series weekly ever since...
    Not always watching the episoded though, just checking the screenshots and pehaps watch an episode when it actually seems interesting.
    Last edited by Blazicken; 13th October 2012 at 3:53 PM.

still love to watch the pokemon series as i am such a crazy fan of it that never left it watching and love the characters like pikachu , charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by megamuncher View Post
    Personally I stopped watching it after the VAs changed, I just didn't like the new voices. I guess they've improved over the years, but I still find it hard to watch. Just my opinion.
    Totally with you megamuncher. I forced myself to watch BF-BW: Rival Destinies and I guess the VAs have marginally improved but that's really what's been agitating me the most of anything. It's tough to watch, and it has been for the last 7 years really. I've quit sporadically and am probably quitting yet again in this Season (I've only ever quit due to TPCi's dubbing...).

Kanto-Early Battle Frontier is easy, anything from Mid BF-Unova, not so much.

Unova's mediocre but not good at all IMO...

Sinnoh is good in Japanese, terrible in English (and same goes for BF) IMO.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 15th October 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I stopped watching after BF mostly because they changed the channel and time it was shown on over her in the UK. I found it really hard to watch on TV since the time changed a lot and it seemed that some channels were showing different series of the same region. After that I just gave up on the show. I have tried watching BW but just can't like it. I might complain that the anime as a whole could be better but BW just feels Pokemon has no soul anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Totally with you megamuncher. I forced myself to watch BF-BW: Rival Destinies and I guess the VAs have marginally improved but that's really what's been agitating me the most of anything. It's tough to watch, and it has been for the last 7 years really. I've quit sporadically and am probably quitting yet again in this Season (I've only ever quit due to TPCi's dubbing...).

Kanto-Early Battle Frontier is easy, anything from Mid BF-Unova, not so much.

Unova's mediocre but not good at all IMO...

Sinnoh is good in Japanese, terrible in English (and same goes for BF) IMO.
    You know if you think the new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard you didn't have to see the whole thing, just cherrypick a couple of the better ones to see if there was any improvment.

i stopped after jhoto couldn't keep up and sometimes they would repeat episodes tried to watch the new show but the most of the new pokemon are just terrible
    Breeding-
    Sorry everyone my cousin released the pokemon I was breeding so my stock is low I can still breed them pm me so I can breed it just make an offer note that all trade will be done using my black version 2

Trading-

Wanted- all female please will take males for black 2

I have a female with pokerus and and a shiny with pokerus!
    for the gible I will only take either a shiny or a female shiny
    FC 3525-9980-5163 Black Version 2

I can only trade on Sundays cause my cousin's router is the only one that allows my ds to connect to it

There's at least two places I stopped.

First time was in the middle of Johto when I felt I "out-grown" Pokemon. Picked right up in the middle of Sinnoh (I guess that's why the new voices never bothered me, because I wasn't invested enough to notice the change).

Second time was when I heard about the end of the Sinnoh League. Tobias is the status quo given character form. I threw up my arms and said "No, I'm done". Only going back after playing the awesome Black & White and learning the anime was also much different (no Brock, less filler, tournament arcs, Team Rocket's role reduced).
    White 2 Friend Code: 0777 2090 8695
    All about the trading.
    Unova Dex Progress: Complete (not counting Meloetta)
    National Dex Progress: 340/649

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You know if you think the new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard you didn't have to see the whole thing, just cherrypick a couple of the better ones to see if there was any improvment.
    Good point haha. I do like how Natochenny is playing Ash right now a LOT more than before, how Bauer plays Dawn, how Knotz is improving as Jessie, and how Griffith plays Cilan. Rest = -_- lol. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It helps a lot!

"The new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard" If you mean their voice acting for said characters, yes I do feel they don't fit them at all and are too miscast in these roles. Funny analogy though and I lol'ed hard at this. I do feel like it's been really...well...mutilated.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 22nd October 2012 at 7:04 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

twell I stopped during D/P then ended up finishing it and I am glad I did season 14 was awesome I recommend watching it. but when B/W came on I was pretty stoked until Pikachu lost to a pokemon that was just picked up by a trainer starting his journey and Ash saw a pokemon a runs to it and throws a pokeball with out weakening it. then has to get explain how to catch a pokemon after 14 seasons, I threw my arms up and said " I'M DONE"

I'm going back to Seasons 1-8 as far as the dub goes now. Hey, that's the only way I enjoy the show in English. XD.

Battle Frontier. Caught select episodes of Frontier and DP, caught most of the movies (Giratina and Arceus restoring my faith in the movie franchise), then dropped out entierly with Black/White. Saw half of the first episode and a couple episode screencap summaries on this site, and that's it. Doesn't hold interest anymore, particularly after BW seems to have reset Ash in ways that, whatever Tomoika thinks he has to do to parallel Game Freak, you CANNOT do in a series that's been running this long. Particularly after DP was the first series that actually insinuated Ash was learning something.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

The first time I stopped watching the show regularly was after Misty left (since she was the first character that I became attached to.) I did'nt start back watching regulary until 2007 or when Diamond and pearl was in it's 20th episode.

In the middle of dimond and pearl, somewhere around mid 2009 when the show took its sweet old time to get to the end. And At first I did'nt like BW either (mostly the first 22/23 episodes.) but as soon as TR returned to the white suits and probably around rival destinies, I started liking the Anime again.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/107jbrk.jpg[/IMG]

Credit goes to Sweet May for the glitter words, I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    BW is a perfect example since it changed the formula a lot. But what do you really expect to change?
    It's still "help the character of the week" most of the time. BW is definitely an improvement, but I want the anime more like the BW2 anime trailers or the Adventure manga.

I had to stop watching Pokemon in 2nd grade because anyone who was caught watching Pokemon would have been bullied to no end, so I couldn't watch the show. So it was right before Johto.

I then started watching again during gen 3, and really liked May. (Never liked Misty, I was glad she was gone.) However, I started watching Pokemon less and less as Diamond and Pearl went on. I'd only tune is for important battles and episodes because all the plot lines seemed like they were just variations of one another, and it started being a chore. I completely quit watching Black and White because I've finally realized that the show is never going to go anywhere. It's just going to be the exact same thing forever and ever. Plus, they brought in Iris, who ended up being even more annoying then Misty.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast