Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

I stopped around mid-Orange Islands to start of Johto, as I saw a couple of episodes there, and then I just faded away from it, although I saw the 3rd movie and played the games every now and then. Many years later, a couple of friends were talking about the new games coming out (which I think were Diamond and Pearl) so I thought I might check out the anime again. Eventually I did come back, and this was about half way through the first season of Sinnoh. I then checked serebii and was amazed at how it was going and how many episodes there had been since I left. Since then I have watched the show right from episode 1 to the most recent dubbed episode, twice. I have now seen up to the first episode of the BW2 dubbed and up to the start of the JWC in Japanese but have taken quite a long break from it, although I do still check back on this forum occasionally.
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    Stopped? me...never i won't stop till ash is champ!
    I don't think that's gonna happen anytime because the anime seems extravagantly popular in both Japan and America. Man, no wonder Ash isn't even an inch closer to becoming a Pokemon Master. So ironic... :/
    Last edited by pokeguru; 23rd November 2012 at 4:33 AM.

I stopped watching...about midway through Johto. I've only watched a few episodes after that--just ones that have pokemon I really like and was curious to hear how it sounded (like the Scrafty episode, and the Medicham episode (I think it was called "A Graceful Contest" or something)).

I think I stopped watching because that was around the age that I started thinking that I was "too old" for pokemon. Now I know that there is no such thing and, while I don't really watch the anime (per se), I still play the games.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

i want to say never but then again that aint true
    the last 3 seasons or something... havent seen them
    why? because i dont care about the 5th generation

seen all the other seasons thuogh

I haven't stopped watching yet... but if Genesect is a good guy, the ratings for the show will go down by one.

I haven't found much of a reason to watch this show. It's just not the same for me since Paul left, but maybe after we see more of N i could get back into watching this.

The World God Only knows

Haven't stopped yet but I will be stopping when Best Wishes end. I will start watching again if Ash finally gets to the Champion League or if Dawn or May makes a cameo again. : p I want to see Ash become Champion before I die on this planet.

I did stop watching during Best Wishes (can't remember which episode though). But then the Black and White 2 games out and then I became hooked again.

I stopped midway through BW since the characters were too immature. Then Dawn came back, and I came back too.
    Shinies:

Let's see, I watched most of the Indigo saga through VHS, missed most of Johto, and then watched Hoenn on and off on Kids WB. Then I went completely on board at the beginning of Sinnoh, started only watching non-filler by about the 5th gym, then stopped completely for the 7th gym. BW got me reinterested thanks to TR's role, but once they scrapped that idea, I quit once again. I might come back for Episode N depending on what it's like.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I stopped watching when Veronica Taylor stopped voicing Ash. But then I started DVRing BW and watching it.
    Pokemon White 2 CHAMPION team

Serperior, Lucario, Wailord, Galvantula, Altaria, Mismagius

i watched every kanto episode

missed alot of jhoto

watched some in hoenn

dont care about the rest

I never stopped staying on top of the games but I did stop watching the show after Kids WB was apparently done for.

After that, I guess I missed almost the entire Hoenn saga before keeping up again when the Lance returns, Groudon and Kyogre battles aired here in the US.

What really got me to start watching again was when Cartoonnetwork started airing Battle Frontier, the night where the Mystery Dungeon special and the first Battle Frontier episode to air in the US came on got my attention and I haven't stopped watching since.

I stopped watching in the begining of Advanced Generation because no open channel keep running the serie, only the close channel.

I stopped at around the middle of Best Wishes. It's just not the same without all my favorite older characters and the new characters are immature and annoying.

I have stopped watching the anime since the start of Sinnoh.Of course i saw some episodes now and then but have lost track.They are still episodes for me to see.

I watch the ones that appear on tv and the league... so yeah

I stopped watching around the time when Ash left Charizard.
    Im not sure if it was a break with the anime for a while or if they changed chanel. But pretty soon when I saw those "new Pokemons" (third generation) I really lost my hope of Pokemon. Even if I still was a kid it feelt like Pokemons was not Pokemon anymore and gave up on it.

A few years later my brother won some Pokemon movies/episodes from the anime in some kind of competition online. He told me and I was like "yeah maybe I should rewatch the Anime cause I really love it" Then I saw Misty was not even a part of the crew anymore so I stopped watching right away.

No maybe 6 years after that happend I decided to rewatch the entire anime anyway. When I came to the end of season 5 and Misty left it took me a while before I realized that I already knew this would happen. I guess I repressed the fact it actually happend cause I never wanted it to happen in the first place.

Michigan's #1 Pokemon group

I stopped watching at the end of the Hoenn region. I have seen a few episodes of the Sinnoh and Unova seasons and have seen all the movies up to date though.
    Current X Team:

I never stopped watching Pokemon TBH....

I kinda stopped after the Johto seasons. I watched a little bit of the Hoenn, Sinnoh... and very rarely the Unova one.

I really loved the Kanto one and the one in the Orange Islands (I wish there had been an Orange Islands), but when the Johto Journeys started I kinda lost interest. However afterwards I became an even more intense fan of the games.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I don't ever really keep up with the newer episodes. Every once in a while I'll watch one online, but I stopped really keeping track of and anticipating the releases of episodes in season 10. I do still watch the show online all the time, but only really seasons 1-5 and sometimes 1-9.

Remember when I said I'd stop watching if Genesect was a good guy? Turns out I've stopped watching earlier than that - at around the ep where Iris gets Dragonite. The characters come off as bland, one-dimensional and I don't care for them, the voice acting ranges from meh to ear-raping, and it's just so samey, unfunny, idiotic and downright BORING to me now. The fact that I've wised up to the fact that the whole shebang's a merchandising ploy that rarely tries to tell a good story doesn't help.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 3rd January 2013 at 8:02 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast