Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

I did at the end of DP. I think the story-line of pokemon is going basically no where. The characters aren't aging, continuous character replacements doesn't help the cause either. Has became too predictive and repetitive.

Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

I agree with *~Silver*~, when a series has amassed so many episodes it just doesn't feel practical to keep following every single last one on TV.
    Being "too cautious" isn't going kill you anytime soon.

I stopped watching near the beginning of Hoenn. It just wasn't the same to me after the Original Series. I was missing episodes because of my Saturday religion class (like I had with Johto), and combined with a little lack of interest I stopped watching basically.
    Misty could be making a semi-permanent appearance in Pokemon X and Y.
    Information leaked that she might appear in the Pokemon Black and White after Rival Destinies or in the following series(the Pokemon x and y series).A guy who works for the pokemon company gave us this information but it is not certain how or if she will even appear.
    Response:
    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    My dad's best friend's cousin, john gamefreak, said that he knows a source told him that max will come back on the show and get married to bonnie and they will have kids.
    Sarcasm: A true form of art.

Haven't stopped and waiting for the next

Quote Originally Posted by Shooti View Post
    I did at the end of DP. I think the story-line of pokemon is going basically no where. The characters aren't aging, continuous character replacements doesn't help the cause either. Has became too predictive and repetitive.
    Yet, your username and avatar is Shooti.. Real credibility there mate.

And predictive?

Myself, I tried to watch Johto in its entirety when it first came out, but the Dutch network didn't air it all in one go, so it became tough to watch them all in the correct order, but eventually, with reruns, I managed to watch them all. Then came highschool and conflicting scheduals, so I basically missed a lot of AG due to that, also, saturday mornings weren't my thing in highschool.. Sports got in the way as well, not to mention that the airing of AG basically stopped somewhere around Dewford/Mauville and kept on rerunning in my experience since then. Then I went to the States, and barely watched any episodes at all, though I started to view episode pictures on Serebii for some of the last episodes of Battle Frontier. Hence my total lack of licking May/Max/Drew/Harley, because they were introduced in a time which I didn't watch pokemon.

Continuing, I watched most of the first few DP episodes in picture form, and then started to watch streams around the time of the tagbattle arc. Since then, I only miss a few episodes..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I never really watched the anime apart from a few episodes here and there. I watch the first episode of every new generation of the show and all the movies but not the show itself.

EDIT: Before anyone says, "then why is your avatar Skyla from the anime?"...

Skyla is cute your argument is invalid.
    Last edited by Pokénaut; 6th January 2013 at 12:18 AM.

I stopped watching during black and,white so I could,focus on school but I started watching it again.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

I sstopped watching when they brought like Dawn and other region Pokémon into Black and White. But this Episode N thing is making me want to watch again.

Saaatoshi!

I stopped in mid DP, but then resumed watching Best Wishes. Although I don't get up early like I used to, to catch new episodes.

I remember back when I was still young I was starting to get bored with the series around Master Quest. It must have been the phase where I was starting to mature in to my teen-hood at the time. Still I did watch the entire Johto League and enjoyed it quite a lot. I still remember the epic 6 on 6 Battle with Ash and Gary which was what I was waiting for a long time. Then Ash got beat by the dude who had a Blaziken. On 1 hand it sucked to see Ash loose again but on the other hand BLAZIKEN WAS COOL AS HELL.... sorry.

So then we move to Pokemon Advance. It almost sucked me back in to the series completely because I thought for a second Ash was finally going to be replaced by a new protagonist. It was giving me that impression because it started off with May and I was actually pretty excited... then 5 minutes later Ash showed up and my excitement turned to disappointment. Then I found out May didn't want to become a trainer but rather a coordinator... then I got even more disappointed. Ever since then my experience with the Anime has been on and off. I only watch episodes if I'm bored enough or if I'm in the mood.

But I swear I have grown to hate Ash over the years. It has gotten so tiring watching him for 5(soon to be 6) straight generations. Despite the fact that he now has 5 generations of experience he still makes terrible rookie mistakes. I really wish they would've opted to change the protagonist for every new gen but sadly Ash will always be there go to marketing tool. The last time I got really excited related to the Anime was the B/W 2 trailer. I was hoping that would've been real. Ah well...

Never stopped watching and never will. I realize what the anime is and what it won't be so I can't be filled with the rage or entitlement that a lot of people seem to get after years of watching. I've been watching since it started in '98 and have seen it advance mostly for the better since then as I've grown up. I'm ready for some Gen VI and some more adventures with Ash and co.

Somewhere around Best Wishes. It just lost it touch and became WAY to childish (especially the dub, kicking in open doors and stuff). And I loved all the anime until the end of DP.

Lol, years and years ago. It was sometime during the Johto episodes. And I stopped watching the movies after the 5th one (I've only ever seen the 4th and 5th movies in Japanese).

I stopped because I just became bored of it - and English dubbed Anime in general - and became more interested in watching Animes in actual Japanese with English subtitles (though I have watched a few raw Pokemon episodes, and the movies, as I mentioned). In fact that's the only kind of Anime I'll watch now. I started watching subbed Anime when I was 15, so... it's been over ten years since I watched the Pokemon Anime.

... Damn. Now I feel old. >.>
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 9th January 2013 at 10:51 AM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

I left with Misty, but I dropped in every now and then to see if anything really cool was happening. So far, nothing's really impressed me as much as the older episodes.

i try not to stop because i grew up with Ash and i want his story to finally conclude but with today's episode i'm done with the anime. I'm just going to keep up with summaries from here and wait until the next league.

The World God Only knows

Sadly for me, I stopped after tha 1st Gym Battle in Johto Journeys . I guess the time slot change around that time threw me off. though that was so long ago for me i wouldn't remember lol XD. good times though i just started re-watching Johto Journeys & Falkner has always been my 2nd favorite I just couldn't beLIEVE when Ash Vs Falkner happened in tha anime that he had a Dudrio (yup, i spelled it wrong lol) & a Pidgeot lol that was so awesome & he was so confident too just an all-around cool character . but i ALSO remember how LONG it took just to get to tha 1st gym battle lol XD

I stopped watching the anime reguarly around Advanced Battle, it got a bit dull and now I only watch the anime sporadically.

For me I stopped actively watching after Master Quest.

I tried watching AG but, I don't know why but the humor just slowly started to decline. It became more..I dunno, kiddish. I mean yes OS and all that was cheesy and kiddish but it makes you just bust out laughing. After Master Quest I really felt like that went away. The Emotion also left. I didn't feel as bad for Ash when he lost in AG as I did in OS when he lost the Indigo league. I cried then, I didn't cry when Ash lost another gym battle. Especially after they switched VA's. The VA switch really killed it for me. The characters sounded really bad. Even professor oak sounded bad.

I guess Gary's voice was better. Not as annoying but at the same time I kinda liked his annoying voice. Made you hate him all the more. [even though I never hated Gary. Him and ash were my favorites] I guess that also contributed to it. Gary kinda went poof for like 90% of AG. I really liked the chemistry him and Ash had as rivals. It worked better than any other rival, it made Ash determined and stronger. And i'm not going off the fact that at that time I was a palletshipper before I knew what shipping and yaoi were. So innocent back then. They tried to fix Gary being gone with Paul but...Paul just couldn't fit Gary's shoes. It was more rude than cocky and annoying.

I guess that's when and why I stopped watching. Lack of humor that OS had, lack of emotion, VA's being switched and gary going le poof.

Let's make sure we create...
    ...A world of our hopes and dreams.

I personally stopped watching after Jhoto league, I didn't get into the series like I did digimon after then :/
    I still love the games though, especially XD gale of darkeness <3
    Currently PlayingPokemon X

(The trainer card is my white 2 friend code)
    X Friend Code: 0946 3362 6498
    Friend safari: Fairy type with Swirlix and Dedenne and Floette (yellow)

Stopped watching regularly after Johto, of course, then I watched less and less after each region (and also the dub change).
    I still watch it a decent amount, though, since theres nothing on at the time.
    ~marioluigifan05

After Johto, soon I saw battle frontier and finally stopped in Diamond and Pearl.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I never stopped watching and I never will. Even though I don't like BW at all, I'll keep on watching and hoping for better sagas... I just can't stand the thought of actually stopping watching Pokemon... Pokemon is sacred to me and I'll watch, in both good and in bad times!
    Same here.

They stopped airing it here somewhere in the middle of Hoenn so that's when I stopped.

Well, so many TV channels were too expensive to my parents, so they shut down some, and the channel that shows pokemon episodes is gone now! :'(
    I really miss watching it.

I guess I stopped watching regularly after the 3rd gen. However, I saw the first several episodes of the 4th gen and also several random episodes after that, including several 5th gen episodes.

The other day I picked up the dvd at Target with the first 12 episodes of BW on it. We will see how it goes.

Is 19 years of age too old to watch the Pokemon anime? lol
    Tiers are lame. Smogon has no official control over Nintendo or the Pokemon franchise.

FC: 1993-7117-0004

Fighting Type Friend Safari: Mankey, Pancham, and Breloom. PM me if you added me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast