Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: When did you stop watching?

Never too old to enjoy Pokemon I know people older than you who still enjoy the anime.

I've never really followed the anime, just some episodes now and then, it was pretty cool, stopped when i saw Dawn's Mamoswine beating the s*** out of Iris' Dragonite with Ice Shard for like 20 minutes, then Dragonite used a single Dragon Rush and bum match won. I mean, that's unforgivable

I stopped actively watching around Orange Islands, that was about the time I was in high school and the appeal of the show outside of tournament leagues just wasn't there for me anymore. When I got back into Pokemon with 4th gen, I caught the first few episodes, I was actually excited about it even, but it became too formulaic for me again. I usually catch episodes where Gary appears, episode where Paul would battle and any good tournament type battles, but even then it's rare that I will actively seek them out.
    I do watch all the movies that come out though, I feel like those have better stories for the most part.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

I stopped watching for a while during the middle of Sinnoh. For me, the saga was too long, very boring, and highly repetitive. The only parts I actually remember enjoying were the Hunter J and Team Galactic episodes. Then I got back into the show during the beginning of Unova. It seemed like the show was going to get revamped and start anew to recover its former quality and learn from the mistakes from past seasons. Around the middle of the first season of the saga, I learned this was not going to be the case.

Ash acted as if he was in a alternate dimension where he went to Unova instead of Johto, because he was making careless mistakes and presented himself like a novice. I remember that part when he forgot how to catch Pokemon when he saw a Deerling. Then I saw Team Rocket actually being serious about their jobs. Too bad that was at the cost of getting their souls removed. And Team Rocket still failed in their jobs, as this time however they knew when to retreat before getting blasted off by the heroes. I also find the new companions a little irritating and uninteresting with their evaluations and little kid references. The first half of the saga had somewhat interesting plots, but its appeal did not last long While I was starting to lose interest in the series again, I saw previews for the Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes. They looked epic and seemed to be exactly what the saga needed. I was exited to see the show take a more mature route in these episodes. But then WHAPAAAA! An earthquake struck and cancelled the episodes. After that, I decided to stop watching it as the series did not appear to be releasing any interesting episodes for a while.

I haven't completely abandoned the series. I look at some episodes from time to time to stay up to date. But other that that, I don't frequently watch the show anymore. I really do wish for the series to evolve into something similar to what the B2W2 trailers showed. That type of maturity and complexity is what the storyline needs to truly improve, in my opinion.

I still play the games and am looking forward to the X and Y games.

Do NOT make Fennekin repeat history GameFreak. I'm begging you!

i only watched the first season completely but i watched an episode hee or there of the other ones. (not having CN doesnt help)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I havent stopped. I've watched from episode 1 and refuse to stop now. I hate the new anime and mostly because of cilan

I still watch it and it is set to record on the DVR but I find the entire 5th gen not to be as good as the other generations of pokemon.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

I stop watching after the first few seasons. I really don't remember. I love the new Officer Jenny design though.
    Gotta catch em all!

Check out our Pokemon themed Kickstarter! http://kck.st/ZNh4X4

I watched from the very first episode but was forced to stop watching at the end of the Gold/Silver episodes as it wasn't aired on tv here anymore ( not on a channel that I have anyways ) I would have loved to continue watching. Can anybody suggest a site where I can watch pokemon episodes online? I would like to catch up with the anime as I really used to love it!

EDIT: I found an awesome site to watch every episode! The latest episode on the site is where Dawn returns and battles Cilan so it's Piplup vs Pansage and Meloetta is a big focus of the episode. I'm just wondering is this the latest episode that was shown on tv or am I still a little behind? I know the episode guide on serebii is further ahead.
    Last edited by Emily101; 18th January 2013 at 3:26 PM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

I stopped watching after the remoraid episode in Johto. I realized I was watching fillers and got bored. But then the channel that used to air the show stopped showing it or it disappeared. So I never really watched the rest of Johto. Didn't watch Hoenn. Didn't play the 3rd gen games so I could care less about remakes (more excited for 6th gen). I started watching Pokemon in early 2008 right before Ash caught Chimchar, or around there. Loved Platinum version. I've been watching Pokemon and buying the games ever since. Although I really loved DP, the early episodes of BW felt refreshing. I was sad when they cancelled the TR/TP episodes :\...Thats around the time it got boring again too. So those episodes would've helped but I'm still watching. I really liked the Roxie episodes. I watched them a couple times already I'm looking forward to Team Plasma and the next generation
    Where the hell is Team Plasma?

I stopped watching religiously after the Johto saga was over.

I did keep up sporadically when May joined but I really did't keep up with it much.

I did keep up bettter when Dawn was introduced but not much.

However, generally speaking here in America usually i fall asleep watching adult swim and I wake up to see Beyblade and pokemon airing so i'll usually DVR an episode before school. I have seen most of the Best wishes episode!

Well I've never completely stopped watching it. I still see a couple of episodes in their subbed Japanese from time to time, and I sometimes will look at the pictures here on Serebii. But I haven't consistently watched the anime since AG. Once the Dub of DP came out, I felt the series was beginning to REALLY push the kids show thing. (At least in the Dub) I always knew the show was "for kids", but it became difficult to watch once DP came. I can only stomach the Japanese now, and even then, I still only mildly follow it.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112