Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

I only watch the show when I run out any good anime to watch.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I originally stopped towards the end of Johto/beginning of AG. I got back into it in late AG and the BF, and saw a good bit of DP's start (the first fifty or so episodes). I started watching DP again around DP100, and have been watching continuously since then. I really don't know why I still watch the anime. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    It's really just the dialogue and writing that's bad.
    So the most important parts of the show, then.

I haven't seen Best Wishes yet because I heard it wasn't that great but I have to admit, I'm kinda tempted to start watching again. If only for old times sake :3
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Houndoom#0 Please click my eggs and join me on pokefarm.org! My name is Houndoom and I'm more than happy to help any newcomers along And by the way, I'm a girl! XD Now seeking a new apprentice. Who will answer the call?

I stopped watching between the 7th and 8th gym in DP. I lost interest because the saga was becoming a drag. When I heard BW would be starting, I decided to check it out and I loved it mainly because of Iris, so here I am still watching the anime.

I'm also mature enough now that I don't think about whether I'm too old to be watching pokemon. As long as I enjoy the show I'm watching, I don't care what others think.

I stopped watching after the Indigo league. I watched some of the orange islands, but I stopped almost completely when Johto came. I returned to watching the show back when Japan was already running the Battle Frontier. But I got to watch all the episodes of Hoenn because I went back and really enjoyed that saga. I watched through Hoenn, BF and D/P. I sort of stopped watching after Team Galactic's final episode. And I haven't watched any episodes of B/W.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    And right now I quit BW after about 10 episodes and currently have no desire to catch up on the full series.
    A wise choice.

I'm seriously surprised to learn this, though. I've seen you post in Anime Spoilers recently, so I assumed you still watched the anime. Anyway, I'm glad that people haven't targeted you; when I mentioned that I stopped watching BW, people attacked me and told me to stop posting, which was very rude. I still look at the episode pictures and I read the summaries, so I still understand what's going on. I hate that people think everyone has to watch the actual anime in order to contribute to the conversation.

^yeah as if they even know what's fully going on lol unless of course they actually truly understand Japanese. The rest of them lie. :3

I mean just because you stop watching the anime, doesn't mean you're not entitled to look at previews and summaries. You just don't have any reason to watch the episode. Rude people.

Never stopped!
    Thanks Sworn Metalhead for banner!

I stopped watching after the Hoenn league....(I did watch the movies, though.)

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I won't stop watching till if whenever Ash leaves the series, hes my favorite character.
    I'm a true Ash fan and won't stop even if the Pokemon series does mistakes every once in a while.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I never stopped watching and I never will. Even though I don't like BW at all, I'll keep on watching and hoping for better sagas... I just can't stand the thought of actually stopping watching Pokemon... Pokemon is sacred to me and I'll watch, in both good and in bad times!

I stopped watching sometime after Veilstone Gym but I came back during Candice's Gym so yeah it was a short while, I rewatched all of DP later because I missed a lot of episode lacking out of interest..

The DP saga was certainly a drag/borefest for me in its original run. but after I rewatched all of the eps subbed I gotta say it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    A wise choice.

I'm seriously surprised to learn this, though. I've seen you post in Anime Spoilers recently, so I assumed you still watched the anime. Anyway, I'm glad that people haven't targeted you; when I mentioned that I stopped watching BW, people attacked me and told me to stop posting, which was very rude. I still look at the episode pictures and I read the summaries, so I still understand what's going on. I hate that people think everyone has to watch the actual anime in order to contribute to the conversation.
    I sometimes check out a episode or two that has a character I want to see animated like a certain gym leader or a returning character and most of my anime post deal with AG, DP, Johto, and OS, but other then that I don't follow the series loyally like I did in DP. Truthfully if it wasn't for DP's storytelling I would have dropped the series then too, but I got interested enough to continue for one more region with Sinnoh. After that I knew I was on borrowed time with the Pokemon anime series. I just don't enjoy the endless loop and repeating itself over and over with the same main character to boot. The sad thing is I don't even know who half the cast is anymore. When I hear the names "Luke" or "Stephan" I kid you not, I do not even know who they are or what they look like.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 5th September 2012 at 9:01 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I didnt STOP watching I just watch it a little less now.

I've been watching since the beginning. There were times I wanted to stop but I always felt that stopping would be like watching the second to last episode of a series wanting to know the final outcome. And sitting their thinking about it, the series in my opinion has had its ups and downs, but I know eventually be it 1 year or even 20 years the series will have an outcome, wheather I stop watching before that outcome is probably best left until the day it happens
    KROOKODILE!!!

Around the 30th BW episode.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I never stop watching Pokémon anime. This is my favorite anime ever and I love to keep watching it.

i stopped watching after i completed 10th season... truly speaking, i never had time out of busy schedule to watch till 15th

I never have actually stopped watching, I watch every ep thinking the next will be better, so I keep watching

Never, whether i'm 28 or 58 I love the simplicity of the show, and its a link, one of the last, to my childhood.

Hell I just like the show.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 5372 7090 9406
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 2967 6551 1317

I haven't stopped watching pokemon and I don't plan on doing so as well, I think its an awesome show and I'll continue to cheer for Ash in the leagues!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I stopped watching the Anime for quite awhile back around Gen III during my cold turkey period (long story why that happened, but let's just say it was provoked). Granted, I watch it now. But I couldn't tell you a single thing past the halfway point of Advanced. To this day, I don't even know where Ash ranked in that League.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I stopped watching the Anime for quite awhile back around Gen III during my cold turkey period (long story why that happened, but let's just say it was provoked).
    Provoked by whom?

As for me, I've really fallen behind on Best Wishes. I think I've only watched about 40% of the saga. I missed a lot of episodes in the beginning after the TR arc was skipped.

I haven't really stopped watching, but I've been fading in and out lately. Summaries, pics, and previews have been my source for info on the newer episodes, though occasionally I'll tune in whenever a character I like shows up or the story arc/animation is exceptionally good.

I stopped watching it consistently around 2005, I think. I still watch the first few episodes of each new generation to see if the show has changed it's formula (it never really does).

Every now and then, I check Serebii to see any developments when it comes to new badges or Pokemon that Ash and his friends catch/evolve though.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast