Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

Wow B/W must really suck if members who are huge fans of the anime aren't even watching it, haha.

Stopped after Sinnoh.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I've been tuning in and out for years now. I haven't actually watched the show consistently and kept up with every episode since AG.

I stopped when Worst Wishes started getting dull and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Wow B/W must really suck if members who are huge fans of the anime aren't even watching it, haha.
    Trust me, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by lanmanna View Post
    I stopped watching it consistently around 2005, I think. I still watch the first few episodes of each new generation to see if the show has changed it's formula (it never really does).
    BW is a perfect example since it changed the formula a lot. But what do you really expect to change?

After The first Don Battle Tournament.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I stopped watching early in the Johto arc (between his second and third badge).

Aside from being tired of all the filler episodes, it also took place at the end of Primary school and I wasn't allowed to watch the show before school in high school.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Stopped watching towards the end of the original UK run of the original series (so whilst Ash was in Johto), purely stopped because the Pokémon craze had started to quiet down. Still caught individual episodes now and then, when they were on, despite not watching it religiously. Always happy to pop on the internet and see what has been going on. That Paul looked a cracking character, will have to try find some footage of that nutter in action.

I'll only watch it if it seems interesting. Otherwise nah.

I never stopped. I've been watching since season 1. I love the Pokemon anime. :P I'll never stop watching it.
    Favorite Pokémon:

Current Pokémon X team:

I sort of stopped watching near the tail end of th johto saga, then stopped watching rightbefore the cast change I still catch the odd episode here and there, but not as frequently as I used to...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Battle Frontier is when I started actually missing episodes and not catching up. Then in DP I missed almost everything and haven't seen any of BW at all. I still check up on the progress of the show though and hearing about what they have done with Team Rocket for example really isn't making me keen to get back into it, not that would be able to anyway.

When it airs in Australia I usually am too busy to watch it and I have enough shows I watch already that catching up elsewhere isn't realistic. I didn't make the decision to stop, it kinda just happened.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

I originally stopped watching way back in 2003, when the Advanced Generation started. I just started middle school, plus, I really didn't like the new series (or the Pokemon that were in it) at all.
    BW is what brought me back to the series.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I originally stopped watching way back in 2003, when the Advanced Generation started. I just started middle school, plus, I really didn't like the new series (or the Pokemon that were in it) at all.
    BW is what brought me back to the series.
    Other than a few extra things, BW is much worse than Hoenn was.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No, it really wasn't. At least in my opinion. BW was so much better. It really went back to the style of the original Kanto series; fun, quick episodes, tons of "characters of the day", and not having Team Rocket in every episode is a nice break.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    No, it really wasn't. At least in my opinion. BW was so much better. It really went back to the style of the original Kanto series; fun, quick episodes, tons of "characters of the day", and not having Team Rocket in every episode is a nice break.
    How on earth is it like the Kanto episodes? Other than Ash having all the starters again, its written absolutely nothing like Kanto was. Iris and Cilan aren't much like Misty/Brock anymore and there are many more rivals this season than Kanto had.

Agreed. BW is so full of rehashes and there are way too many recurring characters. None of them are interesting except Burgundy and she loses every time.

And at least Hoenn was somewhat funny. The humor in BW is terrible.

I stopped in the middle of DP series then came back for BW. I watch the dub, but the new Japanese episodes look cool so I think I'm gonna watch them undubbed

I like BW mostly for the battle animation. But if I hear Iris' "little kid" thing one more time I'm gonna go crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

I started to miss quite a few episodes in Johto ( But not enough to not know what was going on).

It was around The season before the cast change that i missed a large amount of episodes. Not long after that was when i stopped watching the anime back to back. I still do watch, but not like I once did back in the Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto arcs..

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

I've watched every episode and never took any breaks lol. Pokemon fan for life!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Sometime during the Hoenn saga, didn't keep up much with it plus I hated how Ash never seems to know anything about type advantages

The only episodes I'll watch are the ones with legendaries cause I wanna see how they are represented in the anime
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

About a third of the way through BW. I just suddenly realized that it was just a huge waste of time now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Slowed down in the middle-later generation 2 seasons. Stopped watching completely at around begging-middle seasons.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Provoked by whom?

As for me, I've really fallen behind on Best Wishes. I think I've only watched about 40% of the saga. I missed a lot of episodes in the beginning after the TR arc was skipped.
    It was around when the mods started closing threads that criticized the new dub. Granted, I usually don't criticize the new dub, unless there's a major fundamental flaw in it. But the way I look at it, true fans of a show should be able to handle it when aspects of their show are criticized. True fans can appreciate a show for its merits while also acknowledging its flaws, in both the past and present. If we have to accept criticism on this site, then they should be able to do the same. Otherwise, they're hypocrites.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mean every topic. Some of them are clearly troll topics, and by all means, those should be closed. But if a topic or a post has some real constructive criticism in it, then it shouldn't be outright closed because the mods don't agree with it or don't want to deal with the subject matter.

Of course, that was only one factor, but it was the catalyst. And most of it was years ago. So I got back into the show around the time that Gen IV started. I wasn't going to let a forum make me boycott the show after it introduced an awesome rival like Paul and started to get better. And given the improvement in the writing of the show, it's likely that it'll stay that way for at least awhile. I'm not complaining about the writing in any of the Gens in the Anime, I'm simply making an observation.
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th September 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I never stopped watching.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast