Thread: Hey Everyone! Glitches and Secrets??? Please take a look!

Cool Hey Everyone! Glitches and Secrets??? Please take a look!

Hi everyone, I used Serebii back when I had my childhood (those were the days...) and I just stumbled onto my super old account. Recently I have been interested in the glitches and secrets of these 2nd and 3rd generation Pokémon games. I would like to be able to know everything about these glitches (ex. How do they happen, how do they affect your game, can they be repeated, where did it come from?). I'm not talking about glitches like duplication, I mean the real weird and secret stuff put into these games. So if anyone would like to help here is a list of what I want to understand and know everything about:

1. The people behind the boxes, tress, etc. I'm sure everyone knows what I am talking about. The random houses that would have trees blocking the door or boxes. (Why was this in the game?)
    2. Glitch City. Ahh the classic glitch city. I learned this one from a friend. I kind of just want to know why the steps taken in the safari zone would do this (Coding? I don't know)
    3. Pokemon over level 100. In the 1st or 2nd generation games, you could do a glitch where you would encounter pokemon over level 100. It was based on the name you gave your character and misssingno. Very weird. I would like to know more about it. Also similar to the Super Old Man glitch.

4. What I like to call the underwater glitch. This is solely a glitch that happened to me and I've never seen it ANYWHERE. Here is how it happened:
    I had recently bought a hacked pokemon game with all pokemon level 100 and shiny. One day before school I was playing a little bit. I had to leave so I left it on plugged in all day and closed (It was left on all day). After school I got home and opened it up. I came to surprise. I was in Slateport City. My game was upside down (The picture of the game not the actual screen). It was also very strange because it had the underwater layover. So it was upside down, there was blue hue over it and the dive music was playing. So it was like my character used dive but I was still in the city of Slateport. I never knew why. My friend told me it was a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing, where I could walk through trees and find Munchalax (He wasn't in any pokemon game yet).

So if anyone can answer my question or give explanations to these glitches please do!!! I would really appreciate it. If you would like to email me about this: alawnmowinkat@yahoo.com, make the subject the title of this post.

Thanks Serebii.net!!!
    I can't find my Platinum!!!!! I will find it, somehow.

Really want shiny Entei! I will pretty much trade anything for it! I've got all starters except for Chimchar, Piplup.

Will also do anything for a Cresselia
    Currently hunting for shiny Rayquaza

SS Friend Code: 2579 5445 6271

i never got any of those
    were u playing ruby saphire or emerald?
    i want to know about these to
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Never heard of those before.... I think the only one I'm aware of is the pokemon cloning glitch at the Battle Tower in Emerald.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

Yea, I remember Glitch City back in the good ol' days of R/B/Y.

I havent ran across many glitches though.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Well, hacked and fake games will give you glitches for sure. :/

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I remember in my Emerald my Kyogre would NOT let me release it. It was so cute, I didn't know if it was a glitch or not. It would shrink when I pressed release, but then it would came back saying that it didn't want to go.
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

Protip: When your friend tells you that there are 4th Gen Pokemon to be had in a game where they quite literally don't exist, he is either laughing on the inside, or has heard the tale of the Pokegods, if you get my drift.

I recall seeing a glitch utilized in the original Ruby and Sapphire when fighting the Sr. and Jr. to the left of Mauville (I believe they were on Route 113, may need to verify that.) If you used the same Pokemon they used in a rematch, you would receive infinite experience all the way to level 100. There were videos and an explanation on Glitch City Labs referring to the phenomenon as a whole, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

As for the underwater thing, that's just because your game was hacked. Don't worry about it, those things tend to play themselves all the time.

Also, to the above poster, the Kyogre releasing thing is a feature included for when happiness is maxed out. It was entirely intentional.
    Last edited by Spudnugget1; 18th October 2012 at 7:49 AM.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

For some reason, I was able to find a wild Nuzleaf in Sapphire version (I think it was at Route 114). I remember thinking that it must have happened because I mixed records with Ruby version, but I did some research and only Seedot will appear in Sapphire version if you mix records with Ruby, and only on Route 117. So it must've been a weird glitch. I honestly didn't believe in any similar glitches until this happened to me; now I'm wondering if the Celebi glitch could be real.

For question 1, that was for when you used an e-reader to unlock secret trainer battles.

Quote Originally Posted by latiamy View Post
    I remember in my Emerald my Kyogre would NOT let me release it. It was so cute, I didn't know if it was a glitch or not. It would shrink when I pressed release, but then it would came back saying that it didn't want to go.
    That is the game that just prevent your Pokémon leaving if it is the last Pokémon with that HM. You don't want to get "stuck" in a town as you can't get Pokémon to Surf or fly your way out of there.. And if you're out of Pokéballs, and no way to purchase is an actual issue.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

There is a small dive pool that you can't get out of in route 121 (i think), you can't press B, or select dive.
    In emerald you can trap yourself in wattsons gym.
    If you get the machine part before beating the foreign team rocket member, the power plant guy won't notice you have it, therefore you can't progress(gsc)
    evolve your starter on route 1 and you can't get oak's parcel and get the pokedex(rby).

4th gen: have no rods and bring only a finneon to the guy who trades gives you a magikarp, and trade your finneon.

5th gen: in early jap releases of bw2 you MUST complete the Zoraorck event if you start it or you won't EVER get the light/dark stone

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

There is a glitch in Emerald where you can get stuck in Juan's gym. It only happens if your stupid like me and can't figure out the puzzle and make too many wrong moves. Then you get stuck on the ice and it doesn't let you out.