Thread: postponed evo

Default postponed evo

hey ive been playing a while and was wondering what people think of doing this in game? do you thnik its worth it? i personaly dont except in a few special cases like to get shinx spark for example.

P.S. i was also hoping to find an answer for a question i have. if you postpone evolution will the pokemon be weaker? if i raise a charmander to lvl 98 before i let it evolve to charizard will a charizard that evolved at lvl 36 be stronger?
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

if you manage to train a shroomish to level 54 without evolving, they'll learn spore which is a REally good move with 100 accuracy that will put your foes to sleep. then you can focus punch them away. i dont think canceling their evolution will make them weaker in the future,,*thinks of google* try searching it

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    P.S. i was also hoping to find an answer for a question i have. if you postpone evolution will the pokemon be weaker? if i raise a charmander to lvl 98 before i let it evolve to charizard will a charizard that evolved at lvl 36 be stronger?
    No. They'll be roughly the same strength once they're both evolved, any differences in stats would be due to other influences.
    Will-Powered Spriter

It's just a higher level when they evolve I think,just a higher level and lower level.

Omega - 1/1/13

I only do it for Stone-evolvers, since they can't easily learn certain moves when they evolve (ie Quiver Dance, Crunch, Flamethrower, etc).

No. Some Pokémon learn good moves via level-up that their evolutions can't learn. For example, Arcanine can't learn Flare Blitz unless you breed or wait a long time to level up your Growlithe.
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

The only pokemon whose evolution I delayed using the B button was zigzagoon, because I wanted it to learn pin missile at level 25, which it can't learn at all as linoone. Then I learned about everstones, so I haven't had to do that since.

I've also held it off on tyrogues if I'm not getting the hitmon I wanted (especially when it comes to hitmontop, which takes a boatload of proteins or irons). I think tyrogue is the best pokemon to use it on, because it's so hard to get all three hitmons, and you have to pump up whatever stat you're lacking. Any time tyrogue gains a level, it can still goof you up by increasing the stat you don't want +2. I've had a lot of times that I've been frustrated because my tyrogue didn't start evolving into what I'd hoped. At least only once did I have to give up because the pokemon wouldn't take anymore of the protein/iron. But yeah, if there's any pokemon that needs the B button, it's tyrogue. Any other pokemon you're better off using an everstone instead.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 16th October 2012 at 4:00 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim: