Thread: pokemon BLUE fake card

Cool pokemon BLUE fake card

These are more my pokemon cards that i made.

Pokemon blue card.jpg

Wrong font, wrong alignment, messy, jpg

1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Vast View Post
    Wrong font, wrong alignment, messy, jpg

1/10
    To be fair, not everybody posts fake cards for aesthetic criticism. Some people may not have the right fonts installed on their computer and have to use substitutes instead of having to pay for the real ones, some people may use online trading card creators because they're lazy, and some may post their fake cards for mechanical evaluation (whether or not something is overpowered) and not care about looks at all.

Obviously this card isn't serious, which can't really be given leeway based on the conditions I mentioned above.

That being said, the "Pokemon" being mentioned isn't an existing Pokemon nor a Fakemon, just the box for Pokemon Blue. The ridiculously high HP, along with the attacks (which are actually not too broken in today's metagame), are evidence of bad design. Spelling errors can be somewhat excused, as spelling has no impact on the creativity of a person. But the weakness and resistance are every type for the sake of putting something there, which is also bad design. Also, Pokemon is (C) 2012 as of today.

I don't agree on all the criteria that Vast used to rate your card, but unfortunately, I'll have to give a 1/10 as well for the reasons I posted. Even if I were to interpret it as a parody card, it's just hard for me to really do so, as it doesn't actually poke fun at any aspect of the Pokemon TCG or franchise in any way.

I think it's pretty friggen amazing! 8.5/10

I thought it was funny, 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    Even if I were to interpret it as a parody card, it's just hard for me to really do so, as it doesn't actually poke fun at any aspect of the Pokemon TCG or franchise in any way.
    Loosen up a bit, no it doesn't, it pokes fun at Pokémon Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnite View Post
    I thought it was funny, 8/10

Loosen up a bit, no it doesn't, it pokes fun at Pokémon Blue.
    Fair enough, whether or not something appears to poke fun at anything depends on the opinion of the individual.

But there's a difference between a well-made parody and a not-so-well-made one. Unfortunately, I just can't see as much effort put into this card as I would've liked, that's all.

Maybe make everything fit better.....overall, good job

7.9/10
    God job. I like the joke.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Waste of Effort? <:O No way dude!
    Hi, i'm new here and i've never actually played 5th Gen Pokemon, so I don't really have an opinion on it, but to me, Diamond and Pearl was absolutely awesome.

My Pokemon Team:
    Typhlosion Lvl 100 Blastoise Lvl 100 Espeon LvL 99 Torterra Lvl 100 Luxray Lvl 100 Pidgeot Lvl 100

Also currently have every single possible Legendary Pokemon you can get in Pearl!

Bleh..Maybe you had fun doing this. And congratulations. But I...dont get it. This invisible joke is concerning to me. Because this screams no effort. Even for a super overpowered or joke card. 2/10 Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

meh its cool 7/10
    My team in Black 2 Emboar,elektross,gigalith,lucario,Sigalyph and Black kyruem

1/10. Reasons stated in the first guy's post.
    Also, how on earth did you get to pokemoncardmaker after it was shut down last year? I'm coding a new one, but it's not even finished nor has it been released to the general public, so I have NO IDEA how you could've made that.
    Last edited by STEELTALONZRUEL; 17th November 2012 at 5:51 AM.

Maybe just work on making everything fit better, but great job anyways! 7/10