View Poll Results: Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

    86 27.22%
  • Barack Obama

    230 72.78%
Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2770

Thread: Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

  1. #2526
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    You realize that Bush won with the largest popular vote in history at the time, and the Republicans increased their power in the House. 2000 was a narrow victory, I would not consider 2004 that narrow of a victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRaikou View Post
    And John Kerry won the second highest amount of popular votes up until that time. 2004 was incredibly close, even closer than this one.
    This and:

    Populair vote difference of 3M people and electoral votes difference of 35. Especialy not impressed about that last one. About the populair vote differend, is it the biggest relative victory or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Then shouldn't that inform Democrats that they need to change their views on Big Government programs?
    Perhaps, but then they would have lost this one aswell, which they didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Well in that case they do not need to change their views, merely their strategy and engage in race pandering that the Democrats seem to love to do.
    Even a conservative party needs to move forward sometimes, because former voters will be replaced by people with differend views. Not to mention that being in favor of a more strict immigration system does not win you the latino vote. That could work if you stop the latino vote from becoming to big of a factor but it is too late for it. But that isn't all, there are more things that didn't really help the GOP out. Remember those inteligent remarks about rape not making women pregnant that some of the senators from the gop said,namely Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin? Both got defeated. Even though Romney distanced himself from the rape/abortion remark, things like this and the 47% vid from Romney himself helped in his defeat. But most importantly when you can't win an election with the economy in the crapper, either that is not true or you did something wrong as a candidate or a political party.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRaikou View Post
    And John Kerry won the second highest amount of popular votes up until that time. 2004 was incredibly close, even closer than this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    This is something that irks me. Why are the Obamaites treating this election as some kind of sports event their team just won? Obama doesn't give a flip about you, just your votes. Same with any politician really.

    When it gets down to it, I am just fed up with our political system. I voted in this election to vote against Obama, I had no love for Romney, but he was the lesser of two evils. I don't think there has been a candidate in my lifetime that I liked.
    I just peed myself from laughing, thanks. Where do you come up with these fantastic plays on words? I mean it is just absolutly fantastic. Now, on to the serious bit: my college course being one that makes me one of those lovely politicians who don't give a damn about people just about their votes in the future. Elections obviously interest me and even if it is sohohohoho hard to admit, whoever becomes the next president in amurica affects us all. And I don't think it is a secret I favor the democrats. So yes I am glad Obama won. But make no mistake all those people who wanted him gone would have gone partying if he did lose.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  2. #2527
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    This and:

    Populair vote difference of 3M people and electoral votes difference of 35. Especialy not impressed about that last one. About the populair vote differend, is it the biggest relative victory or not?



    Perhaps, but then they would have lost this one aswell, which they didn't.



    Even a conservative party needs to move forward sometimes, because former voters will be replaced by people with differend views. Not to mention that being in favor of a more strict immigration system does not win you the latino vote. That could work if you stop the latino vote from becoming to big of a factor but it is too late for it. But that isn't all, there are more things that didn't really help the GOP out. Remember those inteligent remarks about rape not making women pregnant that some of the senators from the gop said,namely Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin? Both got defeated. Even though Romney distanced himself from the rape/abortion remark, things like this and the 47% vid from Romney himself helped in his defeat. But most importantly when you can't win an election with the economy in the crapper, either that is not true or you did something wrong as a candidate or a political party.





    I just peed myself from laughing, thanks. Where do you come up with these fantastic plays on words? I mean it is just absolutly fantastic. Now, on to the serious bit: my college course being one that makes me one of those lovely politicians who don't give a damn about people just about their votes in the future. Elections obviously interest me and even if it is sohohohoho hard to admit, whoever becomes the next president in amurica affects us all. And I don't think it is a secret I favor the democrats. So yes I am glad Obama won. But make no mistake all those people who wanted him gone would have gone partying if he did lose.
    Maybe. But not me. sure I would have been glad that America would be spared 4 more years of Barrack Hussein Obama. But I would have moved on with my life the day after elections, like I have done with the current election. I wouldn't have gone around treating it like some personal victory and rubbing people's faces in it.

    It sickened me to see certain posters who shall not be named coming on here immediately after the election and trolling for reactions from the people who supported Romney.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  3. #2528
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Maybe. But not me. sure I would have been glad that America would be spared 4 more years of Barrack Hussein Obama. But I would have moved on with my life the day after elections, like I have done with the current election. I wouldn't have gone around treating it like some personal victory and rubbing people's faces in it.

    It sickened me to see certain posters who shall not be named coming on here immediately after the election and trolling for reactions from the people who supported Romney.
    So if the opposite happened you would be "sickened" at the posters who trolled for reactions from the people who supported Obama?

  4. #2529
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Yes.

    Just because you voted for this or that candidate does not make you better than someone else

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  5. #2530
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Yes.

    Just because you voted for this or that candidate does not make you better than someone else
    And who said that Obama voters are better?
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  6. #2531
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    So if the opposite happened you would be "sickened" at the posters who trolled for reactions from the people who supported Obama?
    I would. Regardless of who anyone voted for and who ever won, crap like that is unnecessary and they're just making an *** of themselves.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #2532
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRaikou View Post
    And who said that Obama voters are better?
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, they do.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  8. #2533
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, they do.
    I say regardless of if Obama helps make the US better or not, those people right there still ended up making bigger fools of themselves then had they just kept their mouths shut
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #2534
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I'm going to leave now and let you celebrate your destruction of america
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, they do.
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, some Romney supporters think that they're better.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  10. #2535
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRaikou View Post
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, some Romney supporters think that they're better.
    That post was made in response to the poster who was trying to see how much a of a rise he could get out of people.

    Would not have made it otherwise.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  11. #2536
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    I didn't see any Obama supporters trying to get a rise out of people prior to that post. Before that, it was just people calling out states Obama or Romney won.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  12. #2537
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    That post was made in response to the poster who was trying to see how much a of a rise he could get out of people.

    Would not have made it otherwise.
    I think what he's trying to say is, you're not exactly any better than the gloaters. I'd say the "AMERICA'S GONNA BE IN RUINS" posters are just as bad.

  13. #2538
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    You know its funny, every single election the Republicans lose, 2006, 2008, and now 2012, everyone says "The Republicans need to change so they don't fade into obscurity". Yet in 2004 and 2010, both massive Republican wins, I never heard anyone talk about the need to change Democratic their views to avoid fading into obscurity.
    2010 it was a attempt at getting rid of the ones in power, and it got worse. The GOP is running out of Old white men. Why is it that every new station, the internet and anything using facts have a liberal agenda. Maybe reality has a liberal agenda

    Thanks to treeco123


    LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

  14. #2539
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Back in the thick of battle!
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRaikou View Post
    Judging by the behavior of some posters here directly after the election, some Romney supporters think that they're better.
    Judging by how much the "old, white men" comment has been thrown around after the election, and the "Romney hates women and minorities" argument before it, and...oh I don't know, maybe tons and tons of "just a buncha white racists wanting Obama to fail" rhetoric for the past four years before that, I think it really is clear: Many, many Obama supporters do think they are better. In fact, very many of them have found out how easy it is to gain support by presuming to know what's inside the heads and hearts of those who disagree with them and Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    The GOP is running out of Old white men. Why is it that every new station, the internet and anything using facts have a liberal agenda. Maybe reality has a liberal agenda
    Hmmm....an "old white men" straw man argument plus a blatant exaggeration that "anyone who uses facts" agrees with liberal ol' you. And you top it off by mimicking the meme in someone's sig? Do you really call that enlightenment and critical thinking?

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  15. #2540
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Judging by how much the "old, white men" comment has been thrown around after the election, and the "Romney hates women and minorities" argument before it, and...oh I don't know, maybe tons and tons of "just a buncha white racists wanting Obama to fail" rhetoric for the past four years before that, I think it really is clear: Many, many Obama supporters do think they are better. In fact, very many of them have found out how easy it is to gain support by presuming to know what's inside the heads and hearts of those who disagree with them and Obama.

    I'm not saying that there aren't Obama supporters like that, there clearly is. I'm saying that there are Romney supporters can be just as bad. There are idiots on both sides of the Political Spectrum.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  16. #2541
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Perhaps, but then they would have lost this one aswell, which they didn't.
    By that argument if the Republicans win in 2014 they have no problem with their message, and if they win in 2016 it is the Democrats that have the massive message problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Even a conservative party needs to move forward sometimes, because former voters will be replaced by people with differend views. Not to mention that being in favor of a more strict immigration system does not win you the latino vote. That could work if you stop the latino vote from becoming to big of a factor but it is too late for it.
    So the Republicans should pander to the Latinos by ignoring the law like the Democrats? Do you realize how poorly that makes the Latinos look? But the thing is that being more in favor of the terribly unfair thing called Amnesty will not get you more Latino votes. 1986 Reagan gave 3 million people Amnesty, in 1988 George HW Bush did not win the Latino vote. In 2006 John McCain was one of the ones leading the charge on amnesty and immigration reform, in 2008 he failed to win the Latino vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    But that isn't all, there are more things that didn't really help the GOP out. Remember those inteligent remarks about rape not making women pregnant that some of the senators from the gop said,namely Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin? Both got defeated.
    And I am still waiting for someone to explain what Richard Mourdock said that was so wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    But most importantly when you can't win an election with the economy in the crapper, either that is not true or you did something wrong as a candidate or a political party.
    Or more realistically the public did not blame the incumbent for the economy being in the crapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    2010 it was a attempt at getting rid of the ones in power, and it got worse.
    The Democrats were the ones swept out of power, so again what does that say about their message?

    Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    Maybe reality has a liberal agenda
    Care to explain then why the liberal economic policy is so divorced from reality then?

  17. #2542
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And I am still waiting for someone to explain what Richard Mourdock said that was so wrong.
    That God intended for people to be born through rape.

    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-...,6070430.story

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Or more realistically the public did not blame the incumbent for the economy being in the crapper.
    Wasn't his fault. The economy tanked before Obama took office.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #2543
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That God intended for people to be born through rape.

    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-...,6070430.story
    So if I go up to a person who was born from a rape and say "God didn't intend for you to be born" would that person or anyone else agree with me? Again I do not see what was wrong with what he said in a religious sense. Is rape wrong? Of course. But if one is to believe God is the creator of all life, and that horrific attack results in life, then God intended for that pregnancy to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Wasn't his fault. The economy tanked before Obama took office.
    Never said it was? Now it's fault that we are having a prolonged malaze of a recovery and thus putting us in a position for a even harder recession, but the public is still willing to give him a chance to fix it.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 17th November 2012 at 9:33 PM.

  19. #2544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well maybe they can stretch their values a bit to appeal to all Christians instead of fundamentalists. And if they did that, I think Latinos would gravitate to the Republicans as opposed to the atheistic Democrats. At any rate, I think the Republicans need to change something in their party platform if they don't want to fade into obscurity.
    I don't think the nominal Catholicism of Mexicans, Central Americans, Puerto Ricans, et al. plays much of a role in their voting habits. Even whites who identify as Catholic aren't really any more conservative than whites in general.

    Latinos wouldn't vote Republican even if the immigration issue dropped off the radar tomorrow. Republicans seem to enjoy pretending that Latinos are stupid and vote for a party they largely disagree with just because they think the other party is nativist or something. Latinos aren't stupid, they vote Democratic because that's where they line up politically. They aren't interested in a party that wants to increase defense spending while cutting welfare spending. They aren't interested in a party whose last presidential candidate came out strongly against any sort of foreclosure relief.

  20. #2545
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That God intended for people to be born through rape.

    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-...,6070430.story
    Er, well, when word it like that, you make it sound like he said God intended all people to be born of rape.

    What Mourdock actually said (and it's still equally disgusting) is that in cases in which pregnancy is a result in rape, the baby should still be born because God intended for that pregnancy to happen. Basically, he's using God as a ploy in his anti-abortion argument.

  21. #2546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Er, well, when word it like that, you make it sound like he said God intended all people to be born of rape.

    What Mourdock actually said (and it's still equally disgusting) is that in cases in which pregnancy is a result in rape, the baby should still be born because God intended for that pregnancy to happen. Basically, he's using God as a ploy in his anti-abortion argument.
    Which, I agree that the baby should be born, however the way he said it was iffy.
    岩根雅明=♡

  22. #2547
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post

    Hmmm....an "old white men" straw man argument plus a blatant exaggeration that "anyone who uses facts" agrees with liberal ol' you. And you top it off by mimicking the meme in someone's sig? Do you really call that enlightenment and critical thinking?
    Old white man, lets see if it's true.
    Hispanic---- D
    African american---D
    Females ----D
    Youth--------D
    Jewish vote-D
    Athiest-------D
    Males over 65-R
    Fundimental--R

    Now lets look at the facts.
    Evolution---------D
    Global warming--D
    Creationism-------R
    Religion------------R

    Also I did not notice that signature but do what you want.

    Thanks to treeco123


    LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

  23. #2548
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Which, I agree that the baby should be born, however the way he said it was iffy.
    Well, in my opinion, if it's not you in that situation, then it's not your - nor anyone else's - choice to make.

  24. #2549
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    Old white man, lets see if it's true.
    Hispanic---- D
    African american---D
    Females ----D
    Youth--------D
    Jewish vote-D
    Athiest-------D
    Males over 65-R
    Fundimental--R

    Now lets look at the facts.
    Evolution---------D
    Global warming--D
    Creationism-------R
    Religion------------R

    Also I did not notice that signature but do what you want.
    You group all females in but you forget that Soccer Mom's tend to vote Republican.

  25. #2550

    Default

    But most of us girls are feminazis

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Well, in my opinion, if it's not you in that situation, then it's not your - nor anyone else's - choice to make.
    Like, I'm going to force someone to do something they don't want...
    岩根雅明=♡

Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •