View Poll Results: Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

86 27.22%
  • Barack Obama

230 72.78%
Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Except Obama already had a sizable lead in terms of electorates, and a moderate lead in the popular vote. If anything that comment energized his base more than it offended independents. On the other hand if you opened twitter, or went on any newsite their ripping Romney apart for these comments (including Fox). These comments may have lost him the elections, you can bet that campaign ads will tear him apart.
    Really? Kind of like how those whole "Clinging to Guns and Religion" ads tore Obama apart in 2008 when he said that around this same time in 2008? By the way you may forget which base this energizes, this may come as a shock but some of the things he said: CONSERVATIVES REALLY LIKE.

As for the vote, don't look now but Obama only has a one point separation from Romney in the latest Gallup.

1 year, and he passed the first healthcare reform this country has seen, and (the widely acknowledged to be necessary, if not successful) stimulus.
    And neither helped pull the economy out of the ditch, hell the health care reform bill actually hurt the economy even more.

Neither Reagan, nor Clinton had to deal with a culture of "Lets say no to absolutely everything the president does".
    Yeah because President Clinton never fought with Congress over spending bills, or entitlement reform, it never resulted in say a shut down of the Government [/sarcasm]
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Santorum

1. Agrees with most of my views. I hate both Obama and Romney (if I had to choose, it would be Obama, but I can always write in who I want, so Santorum.) Romney needs to shut his mouth until the debates, then he might have a chance at winning. If we go toe to toe.

--a. Foriegn policy: Obama wins hands down. (not counting Israel, which is bleh at the moment anyways. I don't see a reason to full out support them anymore.)

--b. Domestic Policy: It is kinda of a tie. Both are right, and both are wrong. First, I think it is important to note that no president actually controls the economy. That said, I think Obama did very well with what he had. Hopefully, we can rise at a steady pace. Personally, I don't want another boom (contrary to many others.) As the saying goes, "what comes up, must come down." In the end, if we do have another boom (which we will) then the country will inevitably end up back in this position.

However, there are a few bad points. 1. Obamacare. What I do like is the government mandated health insurance. We have something like that here in Tennessee called Tenncare . No matter what, a parent will have to pay something for their child, disabled, elderly, etc. to come to the hospital. My thing with the government is that it shouldn't be paying it off their bill. Ron Paul made a statement back in the debates about whether to let a 30 year-old without insurance die. My answer would have been to save him, then charge him the bill. The point of having insurance is in the case of an emergency, not just because you think something will happen. I agree with the mandate portion on health care, but disagree with just about everything else.

The second thing is jobs. The government is giving out to much assistance instead of letting people find jobs that are clearly out their. Hell, my Mcdonalds down the street is looking for managers and will pay 9.50 an hour. (Minimum wage is 7.50 here.) The only qualifications: 2 years of college or 2 years of work experience. Work 30 hours a week, and you will bring home 1500 after taxes. (Took the job, so I know . There are jobs out there, its just people don't want them, and the government is promoting dependency. So I praise Romney on this point. Romney wins in domestic policy for me. But just by a narrow margin.

3. Social Policy: Even though I don't like his, for the general public, President Obama wins.

2. No, I'm Republican.

3. Yes, but I am not wasting a good vote on either of these candidates. minus well waste it on the one I truly want.

4. Explained above.

5. If the numbers in Ohio after this gaffe show anything, Romney needs to win the debates to have a shot in hell.

Okay, about Obama's healthcare plan; because of it, I could stay on my mom's health insurance through her work until I'm 26. Now idk much about all of these events going on but that sounds like a great deal to me because I'm on four medications and I get generics for $5. As a broke college student, there's no way I could afford those plus previous medical bills from when I didn't have insurance. I've been paying on those bills for about a year now. Not having insurance really bites.

I think we might have to stick with Obama for the next Four Years
    Romney doesn't seem to believe in Global Warming and I want global warming to come to an end.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by donteatsoap7 View Post
    Okay, about Obama's healthcare plan; because of it, I could stay on my mom's health insurance through her work until I'm 26. Now idk much about all of these events going on but that sounds like a great deal to me because I'm on four medications and I get generics for $5. As a broke college student, there's no way I could afford those plus previous medical bills from when I didn't have insurance. I've been paying on those bills for about a year now. Not having insurance really bites.
    Being a young person you also are going to have higher health care premiums to offset all the sick people getting on as well.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Being a young person you also are going to have higher health care premiums to offset all the sick people getting on as well.
    What exactly is that? Sorry, I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by donteatsoap7 View Post
    What exactly is that? Sorry, I'm confused.
    It means health care is going to cost more for you, a premium is what you pay to the insurance company every month.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ Isn't that just every election?
    In the recent decades, pretty much.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Neither Reagan, nor Clinton had to deal with a culture of "Lets say no to absolutely everything the president does".
    Were there or were there not some Republicans who voted for the health care bill?

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Were there or were there not some Republicans who voted for the health care bill?
    Nope, Obamacare had absolutely no Republican support in Congress
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...atehealthcare/

Interesting also when you see how much healthcare companies paid to some of the 'no' voters. There was no republican support in the senate.

(and I'm sure there were some liberal california/midwest republican members of the house who voted for the bill)

EDIT: Nevermind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032100943.html

One of the Maine Republican (Snowe, I think) voted for it in committee but voted against it in the full Senate. There was also a New Orleans area GOP Rep that voted for it in the House, but voted against it when it came back for a conference vote.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    One of the Maine Republican (Snowe, I think) voted for it in committee but voted against it in the full Senate. There was also a New Orleans area GOP Rep that voted for it in the House, but voted against it when it came back for a conference vote.
    Thanks randomspot555! Maybe I should have picked a better example, but I do think it is pretty clear that claims about Obama having "no Republican support" are noticeably exaggerated. And then, even having little Republican support is not the same thing.

EDIT: I don't often do this sort of thing, but one thousand, one hundred, and eleven posts...yeah!!!1111!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Turned 18 this year and going to celebrate with voting for Obama.

I have to admit though, Obama's done a crappy job when it comes to keeping the economy just "stable", but hell at least he tried.

President Obama wants to keep tax levels the same for families making less than $250,000—it's just that Obama sees $250,000 as a ceiling where Romney sees it as a floor. That's how out of touch Romney is.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Turned 18 this year and going to celebrate with voting for Obama.

I have to admit though, Obama's done a crappy job when it comes to keeping the economy just "stable", but hell at least he tried.

President Obama wants to keep tax levels the same for families making less than $250,000—it's just that Obama sees $250,000 as a ceiling where Romney sees it as a floor. That's how out of touch Romney is.
    So you fault Obama for doing a bad job on the economy, but then claim Romney is the one out of touch for lowering tax levels on those that hire people and influence our economy. To say I see a fault with your logic would be a understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Turned 18 this year and going to celebrate with sending America further into debt
    FIFY

This is what voting for Obama would do.

"Tried" isn't good enough for the President of the United States.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 19th September 2012 at 4:42 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

So you fault Obama for doing a bad job on the economy, but then claim Romney is the one out of touch for lowering tax levels on those that hire people and influence our economy. To say I see a fault with your logic would be a understatement.
    Well, you're right that they hire people. Just not Americans. Corporate CEO's outsource many jobs to sweat shops in China where they pay workers mere cents a day, just so they can put more money in their own pockets. How exactly does that stimulate the economy?
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    Well, you're right that they hire people. Just not Americans. Corporate CEO's outsource many jobs to sweat shops in China where they pay workers mere cents a day, just so they can put more money in their pockets. How exactly does that stimulate the economy?
    They also open new stores here, invest in making new products, etc etc etc.

By the way did you ever consider that not as many would do that, if some of the restrictions were pulled back, union rights were pulled back, and the tax code simplified?

The road Obama has set us on, of higher taxes, more debt, more regulation, and more union rights goes against everything you need for a thriving economy!

Please explain. I don't understand your point.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    Please explain. I don't understand your point.
    Higher Taxes, More Regulations, and More Union Rights cost money, thus it means that it is harder to open a business or a factory, especially when you can open one very easily in a third world country. Now don't you think that instead of compounding the problem as Obama is doing, and instead try to become more company friendly, that we can lure back some of those factory jobs?

You know the funny part about Romney's 47 percent comment from last May was that the 47 percent who pay no income tax includes seniors as well as military veterans. The thing is, he won't back down his statements as he said that it was not "elegantly stated". No apologies indeed.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    You know the funny part about Romney's 47 percent comment from last May was that the 47 percent who pay no income tax includes seniors as well as military veterans. The thing is, he won't back down his statements as he said that it was not "elegantly stated". No apologies indeed.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html
    And prey tell why would he need to apologize for it?

And prey tell why would he need to apologize for it?
    Oh I don't know. It could be that he may have offended some of the 47 percent who live in red states and also swing states such as Florida. The reason I said no apologies is because he wrote the book called "No Apology".

Also, Romney's comment about how 47 percent tend to vote for Obama is way off since there are non-payers that also vote Republican.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...arack-obama-a/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Oh I don't know. It could be that he may have offended some of the 47 percent who live in red states and also swing states such as Florida. The reason I said no apologies is because he wrote the book called "No Apology".

Also, Romney's comment about how 47 percent tend to vote for Obama is way off since there are non-payers that also vote Republican.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...arack-obama-a/
    Except as I said before, to be offended, one has to consider oneself a taker and not a giver. Consider it the ultimate "NIMBY" syndrome, people may be a taker, they may not contribute a thing to the country, but they are not going to see themselves as a leach of society.

Has anyone actually considered what Romney was actually trying to say (albeit in slightly less tactful terms, which is probably what you would do when you consider he was in what he thought was in a private scenario whereby he wouldn't have to pre-plan every word)? Namely that if one pledges austerity to an electorate, especially an electorate which is widely dependent upon government, you have little chance of success? As I've said previously, austerity pledges are not a vote-winner.

Also, an interesting caveat to this whole furore (over what is really a nothing issue).

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...or-Two-Minutes

So the tape isn't complete. In our strange world, a man's incomplete remarks which aren't really that unreasonable are somehow more damning that a party's inability to protect either free speech or the safety of its ambassadorial staff.

Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast