View Poll Results: Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

86 27.22%
  • Barack Obama

230 72.78%
Page 29 of 111 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Obama to stop lying about Romney's tax plan merely because he is scared of losing this election.
    To be honest, everyone needs to stop lying, Republicans and Democrats alike.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    To be honest, everyone needs to stop lying, Republicans and Democrats alike.
    If that were to happen Obama would not be able to get reelected. He has largely spent his entire campaign scaring people of Romney, many time misrepresenting his proposals or things he said, or his business record in the hopes of making Romney so toxic that they will forget the last terrible 4 years of his Presidency.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

If that were to happen Obama would not be able to get reelected. He has largely spent his entire campaign scaring people of Romney, many time misrepresenting his proposals or things he said, or his business record in the hopes of making Romney so toxic that they will forget the last terrible 4 years of his Presidency.
    If it were to happen, Romney and Obama would both fail to be elected. If everyone knew all the truth on both of them, I don't think the populous would dare vote for either. I know I'm making it sound like somehow I know the truth, and I don't, but I'm sure both are just as bad as any other regular, everyday lying politician.

If it were to happen, Romney and Obama would both fail to be elected. If everyone knew all the truth on both of them, I don't think the populous would dare vote for either. I know I'm making it sound like somehow I know the truth, and I don't, but I'm sure both are just as bad as any other regular, everyday lying politician.
    Thing is Obama is the elected President, this election largely should be a referendum on his policies, have they been good for the past four years. Obviously they are not. As such Obama can only hope to destroy his opponent instead of promote the success ( Or lack there of ) of his policies. Unlike Obama, Romney has many successes he can point back at, from his run as Governor, to his run at Bain, to the Salt Lake Olympics. Obama... not so much.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Thing is Obama is the elected President, this election largely should be a referendum on his policies, have they been good for the past four years. Obviously they are not. As such Obama can only hope to destroy his opponent instead of promote the success ( Or lack there of ) of his policies. Unlike Obama, Romney has many successes he can point back at, from his run as Governor, to his run at Bain, to the Salt Lake Olympics. Obama... not so much.
    That...didn't go with my point at all.
    Then again, I didn't have much of a point other than the widely accepted view of "All politicians lie."

You know, all of the people I talked to that are voting for Romney say that they are voting for him cuz they hate Obama. Not because they like Romney's plans or even like him, just that they hate Obama. They don't stop to think about Romney's plans and what they would mean.

I again bring up Romney's s**t plans for education, because it's an important topic especially for me and my age group.

And what better way to rally people to his cause than to cut expenses to education (people who already went to school don't need to learn more so will approve) and deprive people who can't vote yet, the knowledge to know when something screwy is going on, who will grow up, be able to vote, and not know anything and thus pick the guy who sounds the best.

I hate politics so much, everyone is just a bunch of lying deceitful b*stards.

Credit to Brutaka for the amazing banner and user bar. Yeah, having 2 is redundant, but it shows you guys my favorite pokemon, what story I had planned and my position in the WoJ.

Time, there's never enough of it but it's always there to waste.
    -Azurus

You know, all of the people I talked to that are voting for Romney say that they are voting for him cuz they hate Obama. Not because they like Romney's plans or even like him, just that they hate Obama. They don't stop to think about Romney's plans and what they would mean.
    I am voting for Romney and I appreciate his plans and experience in the field, I have been a Romney fan since 2008 when I learned about his experience in turning around the Olympics. Getting rid of Obama is just another plus.

I again bring up Romney's s**t plans for education, because it's an important topic especially for me and my age group.
    Education will continue to be a problem until the teacher unions are dealt with at a local level, and the college bubble bursts and prices are reset to a more reasonable standard, and of course when we stop babying our kids and actually get tough with them. There is very little a President can do until those things are accomplished. And your and my age group should be far more concerned with the ending of Social Security and Medicare

This is my first time voting
    Don't have a party
    I just want Obama out of office already, he's overstayed his welcome in my book, I'm sick of the bullcrap he keeps pulling, he's making new rules and laws that are ridiculous before he leaves the office, and he wasn't even born in America how the F*** did he become president if he wasn't even born in the US >_<

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I am voting for Romney and I appreciate his plans and experience in the field, I have been a Romney fan since 2008 when I learned about his experience in turning around the Olympics. Getting rid of Obama is just another plus.
    Congrats, your the first Romney fan I've had a conversation with that actually knows what Romney is doing.

Education will continue to be a problem until the teacher unions are dealt with at a local level, and the college bubble bursts and prices are reset to a more reasonable standard, and of course when we stop babying our kids and actually get tough with them. There is very little a President can do until those things are accomplished. And your and my age group should be far more concerned with the ending of Social Security and Medicare
    Nah, I know it's gonna continue to be a problem, but the points he made at the debate were awful. They're even worse because at face value, they sound really good, that is, until you think about them.
    1) Make it so everyone can go to any school they want, regardless of financial status.
    2) Assign ratings to schools so you know what schools are good and what schools are bad.
    Awesome-sounding, but not awesome in application.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    and he wasn't even born in America how the F*** did he become president if he wasn't even born in the US >_<
    He was born in Hawaii, shut up.

Nah, I know it's gonna continue to be a problem, but the points he made at the debate were awful. They're even worse because at face value, they sound really good, that is, until you think about them.
    1) Make it so everyone can go to any school they want, regardless of financial status.
    2) Assign ratings to schools so you know what schools are good and what schools are bad.
    Awesome-sounding, but not awesome in application.
    The School Choice thing is actually something that can be helpful for many students who are living in a poor school but are bright enough to go to a better one that actually nurtures and helps their studies. Ironically enough Obama's attack on School Choice put him against the Black Community, as minorities would overwhelmingly be helped by school choice.

As for the ratings it seems to be similar to "Race to the Top" and since it would largely be free to do I can't see what is the harm. Especially since many schools are already rated via standardized testing.

The School Choice thing is actually something that can be helpful for many students who are living in a poor school but are bright enough to go to a better one that actually nurtures and helps their studies. Ironically enough Obama's attack on School Choice put him against the Black Community, as minorities would overwhelmingly be helped by school choice.

As for the ratings it seems to be similar to "Race to the Top" and since it would largely be free to do I can't see what is the harm. Especially since many schools are already rated via standardized testing.
    You obviously didn't read my giant post that I posted twice. Must I post it a third time? I think I'll just link it. [LINK]

You obviously didn't read my giant post that I posted twice. Must I post it a third time? I think I'll just link it. [LINK]
    Two things: A: Romney's talk about school choice is not about colleges, it is about allowing poor inner city kids to go to private schools based on local/state/federal funds. This has been something debated for a long time, and largely opposed by the Teacher Unions and those on the left who support teachers unions. How is he going to pay for this? He says that the federal funds that would be allocated for THAT specific student would be traded from the school they were at and moved to the private school, you can find more about that here.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/04/ob...ice-in-debate/

B: You made no point to differentiate Romney's idea of ranking school districts from how they are already ranked, infact you seem to largely believe he was talking about Colleges, which are largely already ranked but just like school choice, it seems he was talking about schools and school districts, not colleges.

All in all it seems like your entire post was based on a misinterpretation by Romney's words.

This is my first time voting
    Don't have a party
    I just want Obama out of office already, he's overstayed his welcome in my book, I'm sick of the bullcrap he keeps pulling, he's making new rules and laws that are ridiculous before he leaves the office, and he wasn't even born in America how the F*** did he become president if he wasn't even born in the US >_<
    You're joking.

Please tell me you're joking.

Two things: A: Romney's talk about school choice is not about colleges, it is about allowing poor inner city kids to go to private schools based on local/state/federal funds. This has been something debated for a long time, and largely opposed by the Teacher Unions and those on the left who support teachers unions. How is he going to pay for this? He says that the federal funds that would be allocated for THAT specific student would be traded from the school they were at and moved to the private school, you can find more about that here.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/04/ob...ice-in-debate/

B: You made no point to differentiate Romney's idea of ranking school districts from how they are already ranked, infact you seem to largely believe he was talking about Colleges, which are largely already ranked but just like school choice, it seems he was talking about schools and school districts, not colleges.

All in all it seems like your entire post was based on a misinterpretation by Romney's words.
    Perhaps you're right. Still, from what I'm reading on the articles and the transcripts from the debate, I'm not seeing the actual plans in a healthy light either. I have to think on it though.

Perhaps you're right. Still, from what I'm reading on the articles and the transcripts from the debate, I'm not seeing the actual plans in a healthy light either. I have to think on it though.
    Well let me put it this way, do poor inner city overachieving kids, much of which are minorities, deserve to go to a private school in which they are put in a safe environment in which they are challenged and nurtured. Or do they deserve to stay in the school they are at which is overcrowded, dangerous, and they are not challenged because the vast majority of the class does not care, and the teacher needs to pass x number of students.

If you support Romney's plan you say the kid deserves to go to the school where he or she can blossom and possibly succeed into grander things in life.

If you support Obama and the teacher unions, you say the kid deserves to stay where he is, in which he may fall into drugs and gangs later on in life, not reach his full potential, and possibly not even make it to college.

Well let me put it this way, do poor inner city overachieving kids, much of which are minorities, deserve to go to a private school in which they are put in a safe environment in which they are challenged and nurtured. Or do they deserve to stay in the school they are at which is overcrowded, dangerous, and they are not challenged because the vast majority of the class does not care, and the teacher needs to pass x number of students.

If you support Romney's plan you say the kid deserves to go to the school where he or she can blossom and possibly succeed into grander things in life.

If you support Obama and the teacher unions, you say the kid deserves to stay where he is, in which he may fall into drugs and gangs later on in life, not reach his full potential, and possibly not even make it to college.
    Your 'scenario' describes me to a 'T', and yet, I got an awesome score on the SAT, am not on any drugs, 75% of teachers are great, and the college i'm looking at(and have a very high chance a getting into) is pretty darn good. Kids shouldn't have to be reliant on the government in order to excel, they need to make the most of their education on their own. In fact, that almost, almost sounds a-kin to No Child Left Behind, except based on finances.

Your 'scenario' describes me to a 'T', and yet, I got an awesome score on the SAT, am not on any drugs, 75% of teachers are great, and the college i'm looking at(and have a very high chance a getting into) is pretty darn good.
    That is great however many innercity kids are not that lucky and you know that

Kids shouldn't have to be reliant on the government in order to excel, they need to make the most of their education on their own.
    The Government in this case, specifically the public school system has already failed them, now they are offering them a escape rope.
    In fact, that almost, almost sounds a-kin to No Child Left Behind, except based on finances.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    You're joking.

Please tell me you're joking.
    Nope I'm not kidding he wasn't born here in the US so he technically isn't legally the president

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Nope I'm not kidding he wasn't born here in the US so he technically isn't legally the president
    He technically was born in the United States. He withheld his birth certificate for a while, but he has now revealed it.

However, he does have many foreign influences (tracing back to Kenya & Indonesia). Which is not good for our country.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    He technically was born in the United States. He withheld his birth certificate for a while, but he has now revealed it.

However, he does have many foreign influences (tracing back to Kenya & Indonesia). Which is not good for our country.
    This is true. Even though I think the withholding of his birth certificate was so democrats could have time to fake one for him, that's not the topic here.

What I am saying is that the outer influences from different countries weigh heavily on Obama's bias. When he was 'born' in Hawaii (at least he was raised there) he was raised by his grandparents and had his own teacher. This 'teacher' had a heavy love and bias for socialism. So Obama was taught his views as a child by a man who had socialistic and communistic views....yeah, that's absolutely what this country needs. / sarcasm. There are just so many things that if people opened their eyes to they could see how horrible Obama is, not to mention the First Lady, dear Lord....
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

This thread is gonna be amazing in one month. So much salt.

I am as republican as it gets and even I don't believe this ********.

And I don't give a damn on whether or not he's a democrat and leans towards socialism he's just a god awful president in general.

And most of the posters have their head up their ass when it comes to politics no matter WHAT side they are on. My point is proven when you read SmeargleRock's arrogant and very wrongly informed post.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    So Obama was taught his views as a child by a man who had socialistic and communistic views....yeah
    You do know that socialism and communism are not the same thing, right? Apparently not.

They share some similarities but also have many differences. Socialism is generally an economic system. Communism is generally a political or economic system. Both seek to resolve problems caused by capitalism in their own manner.

Communism - conservative
    Socialism- liberal
    usually
    Last edited by Cosmical El Amarna; 6th October 2012 at 3:55 PM.
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

Again, born in Hawaii, shut up.
    The CIA or whatever and all those secret service guys know how to run a background check, sheesh.

Whenever someone says that Obama wasn't born in America, I have a lengthy argument with myself about whether or not we'd be better off choosing a president by a dice roll than by popular vote. There's being misinformed and then there's being flat-out retarded. Because, you know, what you're actually saying in addition to Obama not being American is that you do not believe our government is skilled enough to make sure that all candidates fulfill the requirements of being President... and also that just because you haven't seen something means nobody has seen it... and that you know better than the government.

Ya'll are literally, literally, one of the reasons why the rest of the world thinks we're a country of ignorant, uncultured swine with the collective IQ of a piece of lettuce.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Page 29 of 111 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast