View Poll Results: Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

    86 27.22%
  • Barack Obama

    230 72.78%
Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 925 of 2770

Thread: Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    I'm not gay, I'm straight as a board, but the only rational against gay marriage is religions, and that has no place in government. It's dumb, it shouldn't even be a problem. Go let them get married or whatever, sheesh.
    Telling someone they can't get married because it's against your religion is like saying someone else can't eat a cupcake because you're on a diet. Then you try to get the government to ban cupcakes because you can't eat them.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    The whole anti-gay rights & anti-women's rights is one of the major things that threw me off. Though that's typically the party itself saying that.
    I'm not gay, I'm straight as a board, but the only rational against gay marriage is religions, and that has no place in government. It's dumb, it shouldn't even be a problem. Go let them get married or whatever, sheesh.
    Yet there's no popular mandate for gay marriage. Indeed, there's the opposite. I'm pro gay marriage but I don't think it should be enforced upon a people that doesn't want it.

    As far as women's rights, I mean, I'm a guy, but I have a lot of respect for women. It's ridiculous that womens and mens salaries still arent equal 100% of the time.
    The gender wage gap as presented currently is a myth.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    Telling someone they can't get married because it's against your religion is like saying someone else can't eat a cupcake because you're on a diet. Then you try to get the government to ban cupcakes because you can't eat them.
    That's...a pretty good analogy.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Yet there's no popular mandate for gay marriage. Indeed, there's the opposite. I'm pro gay marriage but I don't think it should be enforced upon a people that doesn't want it.
    What do you mean by that? I'm fairly sure the gays want it.
    I often compare it the civil rights movement. Most of the nation didnt want black equality, but look where we are now.
    Last edited by Brutaka; 14th October 2012 at 7:02 PM.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  4. #904
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    Telling someone they can't get married because it's against your religion is like saying someone else can't eat a cupcake because you're on a diet. Then you try to get the government to ban cupcakes because you can't eat them.
    Fails when it's not the status quo. Nobody is trying to get gay marriage banned because gay marriage doesn't exist.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Well you know a few days ago, Tea Party Republican Joe Walsh is running against Democratic candidate Tammy Duckworth who is a war veteran that lost both legs in the Iraq War. Well in their debate, Walsh decides to complain an important issue about his opponent which is that... she was picking out a dress for the DNC!

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1955968.html

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Fails when it's not the status quo. Nobody is trying to get gay marriage banned because gay marriage doesn't exist.
    That's the problem; it should. It makes no sense for it not to. Does it say anywhere in our founding laws or in any constitutional amendment that marriages have to be male x female? I never seen it, but I may have to go check my pocket constitution again.
    To be honest, disallowing it is against the 1st and 14th amendments, i believe.

    And i have never seen a law backing the anti-gay marriage beliefs.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  7. #907
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    That's the problem; it should. It makes no sense for it not to. Does it say anywhere in our founding laws or in any constitutional amendment that marriages have to be male x female? I never seen it, but I may have to go check my pocket constitution again.
    To be honest, disallowing it is against the 1st and 14th amendments, i believe.

    And i have never seen a law backing the anti-gay marriage beliefs.
    There's DOMA with section 3 ruled to be unconstitutional by a federal judge in Connecticut and a Federal Appeals court in Boston, MA.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    That's the problem; it should.
    Yeah but it doesn't.

    It makes no sense for it not to.
    To you and I, that's the case. However, as a whole, the population of America doesn't agree.

    Does it say anywhere in our founding laws or in any constitutional amendment that marriages have to be male x female? I never seen it, but I may have to go check my pocket constitution again.
    No but that's how it's always been generally recognised. Does it say it can't be between a man and a dog?

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    No but that's how it's always been generally recognized. Does it say it can't be between a man and a dog?
    Perhaps not. But come on, just let them get married, how would it affect the straight population? Why do they even care?
    Some people, seriously. There's a case concerning the faith and full credit clause and gay marriage. I hope it makes headway. The conflict is, is that if gays get married somewhere that its legal, and then go somewhere else, should the states honor the marriage?
    By law, they HAVE TO. But they aren't. So, it's become a supreme court case that's being held sometime this fall.

    I see this remarkably similar to the civil rights movement, and I hope it gets the same results. Not a great leader being shot, of course, but you know what I mean.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  10. #910
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Perhaps not. But come on, just let them get married, how would it affect the straight population? Why do they even care?
    I don't know, but the point is that they do.

    I see this remarkably similar to the civil rights movement, and I hope it gets the same results. Not a great leader being shot, of course, but you know what I mean.
    Please don't compare the current status of gays to those of non-whites prior to the 60's. It demeans both parties.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    To get back to the actual election, Survey USA conducted a poll in Tampa Florida to see how minds changed after the VP debate.

    13% say they changed which candidate for President they support as a result of the debate. Of those who tell SurveyUSA they changed their mind:

    * 44% switched from the Obama ticket to the Romney ticket.
    * 29% switched from undecided to the Romney ticket.
    * A total of 73% switched to the Romney ticket.

    * 18% switched from the Romney ticket to the Obama ticket.
    * 6% switched from undecided to the Obama ticket.
    * A total of 24% switched to the Obama ticket.

    http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...d-261b4ee426eb

    Ryan also edged out Biden by 42/38 in the poll.

    The D/R/I break down is 35/37/28, which is on par with the 2010 midterm election. I will say that the 2%+ for Republicans does put it well into the margin of error on debate winner, but it still is what it is. In the meantime, the drastic switch may be a indicator at how poorly Biden's laughing played with people.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    According to the Reuters/Ipso poll among early voters, Obama is in lead with 59 percent while Romney has 31 percent.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    685

    Default

    I've had a conversation with someone on Skype yesterday. He said Obama was a liar and was only elected because he was part black. It's hard to get out of a political debate, so I just continued on. In the end he blocked me without saying anything. So ya know what this means... http://image.torrent-invites.com/ima...1DT2Z1rqfd.gif

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    I've had a conversation with someone on Skype yesterday. He said Obama was a liar and was only elected because he was part black. It's hard to get out of a political debate, so I just continued on. In the end he blocked me without saying anything. So ya know what this means... http://image.torrent-invites.com/ima...1DT2Z1rqfd.gif
    It's insane that people are still on that.
    I can't have skype debates on stuff like that, since I only have two skype friends, 1 doesnt like to talk politics and the other agrees with most everything i say.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  15. #915
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    According to the Reuters/Ipso poll among early voters, Obama is in lead with 59 percent while Romney has 31 percent.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics
    And? You are taking the word of not even exit pollsters, but people polling through the phone of those that may have voter early even though not every state is allowing early voting yet, and not to mention Democrats tend to vote early. I mean really...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite
    I've had a conversation with someone on Skype yesterday. He said Obama was a liar and was only elected because he was part black
    I hate to say it but he is right. If Obama were just another white guy who looks good and can read a teleprompter, he never would have gotten the black vote. Which means Hillary ( First lady of the First "Black" President as Bill Clinton was deemed ) would have received the vast majority of it. That puts Clinton way ahead in the South, and means she pretty much wraps up the nomination before Super Tuesday.

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    AI hate to say it but he is right. If Obama were just another white guy who looks good and can read a teleprompter, he never would have gotten the black vote. Which means Hillary ( First lady of the First "Black" President as Bill Clinton was deemed ) would have received the vast majority of it. That puts Clinton way ahead in the South, and means she pretty much wraps up the nomination before Super Tuesday.
    But White Obama wouldn't have lost the racist vote.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    But White Obama wouldn't have lost the racist vote.
    But he would also have struggled to emerge from the pack. He had no history, he was just a good looking guy in a race that already had one ala John Edwards. As such the "racist" vote would be split between all the candidates. In the end there is just no way for a white Obama to beat Clinton, or even I would say Edwards. He just had nothing to run on, no real past that would separate him from everyone else.

    In the end it would have probably been Edwards vs Clinton, with Edwards staff sabotaging their campaign because of the affair, and Clinton easily running away with it.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 15th October 2012 at 2:01 AM.

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    But he would also have struggled to emerge from the pack. He had no history, he was just a good looking guy in a race that already had one ala John Edwards. As such the "racist" vote would be split between all the candidates. In the end there is just no way for a white Obama to beat Clinton, or even I would say Edwards. He just had nothing to run on, no real past that would separate him from everyone else.

    In the end it would have probably been Edwards vs Clinton, with Edwards staff sabotaging their campaign because of the affair, and Clinton easily running away with it.
    If Clinton won, I bet Palin wouldn't have been picked for VP.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    If Clinton won, I bet Palin wouldn't have been picked for VP.
    The circumstances would be the same, McCain would be in a tight race that he was slowly beginning to lose, and he needed something to spice everything up and make a difference. Palin is on a very very short list of people in 2008 that could do that.

    But I do think Biden wouldn't be the VP. Obama was a little star struck by him in the debates, I can't see the well oiled Clinton Machine putting all their money on a relatively unknown VP candidate who has a tendency to say some very damming if not racist things ( Indians at 7-11 ).

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AZ CARDINAL NATION
    Posts
    774

    Default

    You know what I don't understand. Why is it that republicans are called the small goverment party when they are always trying to take away liberties. No you can't have an abortion, no birth control pills paid for by insurance, no gay marriage, and no evolution in schools. While democrats allow all these things. They just want higher taxes on corporations, socialized medicine, and strict gun control. It seems to me that the right wing is more controlling.
    Last edited by The Oncoming Storm; 15th October 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!



    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    The circumstances would be the same, McCain would be in a tight race that he was slowly beginning to lose, and he needed something to spice everything up and make a difference. Palin is on a very very short list of people in 2008 that could do that.
    Palin was only picked because she was a women. McCain's campaign was just so excited that Biden was picked instead of Clinton that they decided to pick her to manipulate a few women. She wasn't even vetted first.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwarleyMosby View Post
    You know what I don't understand. Why is it that republicans are called the small goverment party when they are always trying to take away liberties. No you can't have an abortion, no birth control pills paid for by insurance, no gay marriage, and no evolution in schools. While democrats allow all these things. They just want higher taxes on corporations, socialized medicine, and strict gun control. It seems to me that the right wing is more controlling.
    Absolutely, the Republican party is ruled by Christian Dominionists (aka, the Christian Right) who want to turn the USA into something like Iran. The Christian Republic of America. The Republicans play lovely word games and use free words like 'liberty', 'freedom' and 'democracy' but they don't really mean that. It's a party of corporate interests and religious dogma.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

  23. #923
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    I am not of the voting age, and i'm not even american, but I would vote for two party members for different reasons.

    Barack Obama because:

    1) He helped Britain out of a few tight spots

    2) Him and David Cameron are pretty tight

    Mitt Romney because:

    1) I heard his speech, it was pretty compelling

    2) David Cameron is a shite PM because he put us in an even crappier recession than we're in than we were come 2010, and if the Romney dude CAN really 'change the world' then maybe he can do us a solid, cos we helped out America a bunch of times too
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  24. #924
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    1) He helped Britain out of a few tight spots
    It should be worth noting he also turned his back on Britain a few times, he sent the Churchill bust loaned to the White House by Britain back, and he sided with Argentina against Britain on the Farkland Islands issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy
    Palin was only picked because she was a women. McCain's campaign was just so excited that Biden was picked instead of Clinton that they decided to pick her to manipulate a few women. She wasn't even vetted first.
    And I honestly fail to see how that changes anything? A woman VP would be still be big, and Palin would provide the needed spark for the ticket. Granted they could go looking for a Black Republican for the ticket, but Palin's experience as a "Maverick" going after Republicans and Democrats in Alaska was a big draw for McCain.

  25. #925
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And I honestly fail to see how that changes anything? A woman VP would be still be big, and Palin would provide the needed spark for the ticket. Granted they could go looking for a Black Republican for the ticket, but Palin's experience as a "Maverick" going after Republicans and Democrats in Alaska was a big draw for McCain.
    I was just saying it's manipulative, and I don't like Palin.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •