Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer Ash to rotate members of his team or just have 1 team of 6

Default Do you prefer Ash to rotate members of his team or just have 1 team of 6

Examples of a one team of 6 doing well was DP and a season where rotations were properly done best was probably BF.

If rotating Pokemon will prevent releases, especially unnecessary ones, then yes; I would love to see Ash continue to rotate his team. Shows a lot more diversity, and a lot of potentially new family members of the gang.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I don't know. Some of his Pokemon need more screen-time for growth, updated moves and possible evolutions (if they can evolve). In the past, I would love if Ash were to catch more Pokemon, but the rotation systems seems to be a bit off. If it were adjusted so every Pokemon were to get the equal amount of screen-time, then I would be satisfied. But, what do the writers care about my opinion? Lol, I'm a kid in high school.

I think DP did it best. AG was great, but it was too dependant on Grovyle, Swellow, and Corphish. If Torkoal and Glalie had done more I would say AG.

The only let downs were Torterra and Buizel at the end, but it was because they didn't have the battles to shine in. Buizel was impressive, but I would have liked to see more of him.

BW messed up a part that I like, getting to know the Pokemon(well ones that don't bring $$$). I didn't like how it was like that in Kanto and some of Johto, I don't see why they'd regress like that. If there's Pokemon like Muk, Kingler, and Totdile with not many notable wins, why double the amount of those when the fans are expecting more than that?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I don't see if it will make any difference. Some pokemon will get more spotlight than the others.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

After BW, I want no more rotations.

DP did do it the best, to be honest, with both Gible and Gliscor getting some valuable screentime.

Both have their strong points and weak points so for me it difficult to say which I prefer.

i prefer 1 team of 6
    rotation team made some of pokemon didnt get screen time
    i love the way they handle team in DP

With the fast pacing of the BW series, the rotation system was a mistake with all those Pokemon since they just focused on marketabiliy and cute things. The good thing though is that Ash's BW reserves battle more than Muk, Tauros and Kingler even they rarely appear themselves. Battle Frontier was okay but so far the best one but it could have much better. BW's is a step down since sometimes Ash has an empty slot in his team (Battling the Bully and Baffling the Boufflant) with all those Pokemon.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

I want more rotations in the future.

loved how it was done in hoen and dp was also done quite well.
    I don't think ash should catch more than 7 pokemon, but it's nice if he does anyway

I think he should have about 7-8 pokemon a region, no more. That way he has his standard team of 6 and two reserves.

Only six Pokemon imo. It's obvious that the writers can't handle rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONCAMERUPT View Post
    Both have their strong points and weak points so for me it difficult to say which I prefer.
    same, but I think a team up to 8 doesn't hurt. That's how i pretty much play my games.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I'm glad Ash team is being rotated now, since it is a lot better then him having just only 6 pokemon in an whole entire region were it gets kinda boring.

Rotate them, duh. He gets more pokemon that way.

Hmm.

I wonder. What would I prefer? 5 or 6 Pokemon with release possibility or more than 6 Pokemon but rotation and no release possibility.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really like both. 6 Pokemon that get welll developed and enough screentime (here's looking at Sinnoh) or tons of different Pokemon are both cool

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Hmm.

I wonder. What would I prefer? 5 or 6 Pokemon with release possibility or more than 6 Pokemon but rotation and no release possibility.
    6 with rotation. Johto and Sinnoh had 6 captures each, the first with Heracross/Phanpy and the second with Gliscor/Gible.

No rotation, at least not with this many pokemon. It is one of the negative things Best Wishes is offering and one of the biggest writing mistakes the writers have done. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that they don't know how to make it work.

It's not that it doesn't work, it's that they don't know how to make it work.
    Please explain why the writers don't know how to make it work. I don't know how anyone could come to such a strange decision. It's worked out fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Please explain why the writers don't know how to make it work. I don't know how anyone could come to such a strange decision. It's worked out fine so far.
    Uh no, it hasn't "worked out fine." Ash's Palpitoad was missing-in-action for about eight months at one point (from September 29, 2011 to June 14, 2012). The writers clearly can't handle all the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Uh no, it hasn't "worked out fine." Ash's Palpitoad was missing-in-action for about eight months at one point (from September 29, 2011 to June 14, 2012). The writers clearly can't handle all the reserves.
    I have to agree, that was just inexcusable on the writer's part.

mehhh, I liked the idea of it, but accually seeing it in action is painful. I now know why I don't get more then 6 pokemon during my travels through any region...even if i was there and wanted to train them like that. I'd always end up favoring 6 as my "main team" over the others.

I'm glad they all have some sort of personality, and I'm glad that ash is showing he can catch some more pokemon.
    However I do prefer the old style of having a team of 6. just sayin'.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I prefer smaller team. Maybe one reserve. I still think Hoenn was the best in terms of all Pokemon getting developed - even Torkoal got his share of spotlight, if not loving. I much prefer seeing Ash form a tight-knit team over having variety.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast