Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer Ash to rotate members of his team or just have 1 team of 6

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Please explain why the writers don't know how to make it work. I don't know how anyone could come to such a strange decision. It's worked out fine so far.
    Because it hasn't worked out so fine. When a pokemon is missing for more than 30 episodes without any reference to its importance, there's a problem. When a pokemon does absolutely nothing, comes back only to evolve get a couple of moves and then be forgotten again, there's a problem. This whole "worked out fine" is an excuse simply because you guys like that he has more pokemon but there's no use in having more pokemon if only a few selected ones receive development.

I'd probably go for minimal rotation. Like Dax said, it's a good idea, but the writers can't make it work. Palpitoad was missing for thirty episodes. The only Pokemon gone for longer than he was was ****ing Goldeen. Ash's team is a mess, really. Like, his "main" team gets some sort of personality and screentime, but the rest are just battling machines. Oshawott and Snivy are lacking battles and development, but hey, at least they get to do stuff other than that. Boldore and Palpitoad have never been seen with the group, and Unfezant and Leavanny were only seen interacting in their pre-evolve stages (#social rejects).

It makes evolutions messed up too. Leavanny has one battle, evolves, then has another battle and evolves again? What? It looks so unrealistic it's not even funny. The worst thing is that this means that Pokemon like Oshawott and Snivy lose out on good wins and battles because they have to have the reserves appear sometime. It's been a train wreck from the start. I don't see how anybody could actually like Ash just having a team of battle drones.

I'd rather they just did it like Sinnoh and had him capture six Pokemon in the region and give them all focus. They could just rotate the last capture in and out instead of releasing them (even if Gliscor did come back for the league). Rotation keeps the team fresh, but I'd rather a small, developed team with equal enough focus than random *** evolutions and no appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Uh no, it hasn't "worked out fine." Ash's Palpitoad was missing-in-action for about eight months at one point (from September 29, 2011 to June 14, 2012). The writers clearly can't handle all the reserves.
    Palpitoad isn't marketable. I thought this was the obvious reason. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Because it hasn't worked out so fine. When a pokemon is missing for more than 30 episodes without any reference to its importance, there's a problem. When a pokemon does absolutely nothing, comes back only to evolve get a couple of moves and then be forgotten again, there's a problem. This whole "worked out fine" is an excuse simply because you guys like that he has more pokemon but there's no use in having more pokemon if only a few selected ones receive development.
    You mean besides the fact that evolving and learning moves is development.

personally i think the actual rotating isn't the problem.Inevitably the writers have selected the pokemon that they wanted for the episodes rather then balancing it out hopefully next time they'll handle it better.But for me the larger problem is that the ones which are seen less often (leavanny,palpitoad,boldore & unfezent) have a flaw their personalities are not clearly enough defined.Allow me to explain, palpitoad has been in more episodes than ash's primeape ever was and yet i find it easier to describe primeapes personality.If the writers are going to give ash more than a team of 6 again i hope that the reserves will get more work done on their personalties.

Rotation.

Ash is really having a team of more than 6 pokemon because BW closed the posibilities of using his older reserves. Because during 8/9 of BW until the moment, Ash isn't allowed to use his past Pokemon because of the fresh start of this series, Ash capture a rotationaln team for the league. That pokemon receive a 2 gyms per one wtith one of them starring unlike Kanto, one few more appareance and to the League.

For example, for me I'm most dissapointed that Snivy hasn't participated in Dawn's cameo than Unfezant hasn't appeared or Leavanny has a 3-second sequence.

And Ash team is officially and in the 90% of episodes this:
    Pikachu, Pignite, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, R*
    *R means one of Unfezant, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krokodile.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Maybe the pokemon in Ash's team would be handled better (for you guys anyway) if Ash didn't get Snivy and Oshawott.

Maybe the pokemon in Ash's team would be handled better (for you guys anyway) if Ash didn't get Snivy and Oshawott.
    well for me personally i don't think those two are the problem.For me just the reserves need fleshing out as characters.Overall i think the rotating is the better way to do it as otherwise you end up having to remove characters like gliscor to make room for ones like gible when tthe rotating avoids that so it is good but it could just be better planned out IMO.

Snivy who hasn't had a proper battle since Shamus is the cause of neglect?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Snivy who hasn't had a proper battle since Shamus is the cause of neglect?
    Yeah. I mentioned Oshawott as well, didn't I? And I was thinking more along the lines of screentime, since when it comes to battles, everyone's doing fine in that area.

I think Ash can catch all the pokemon he wants (20, 30, 40, whatever) and choose 6 of them to be his main regional team:

Pikachu: He has privileges, nothing can be done.

The starter: Just one, two at most, but no more.

The flyer: It doesn't have to be a regional bird, it can have a different type besides normal.

2 pokemon that covers the starter's weaknesess, one of them could be a starter as well, but not 3 staters for Ash again.

The wildcard: an exotic type like Ice, dragon or dark, who can become a 2nd powerhouse besides the starter.

As for BW, Oshawott should've been Ash's only starter this season, he could have better chances to evolve than now.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    As for BW, Oshawott should've been Ash's only starter this season, he could have better chances to evolve than now.
    Oshawott being the only starter wouldn't have changed his chances of evolving. He would have still become popular. Maybe Tepig should have been the only starter?

Oshawott being the only starter wouldn't have changed his chances of evolving. He would have still become popular. Maybe Tepig should have been the only starter?
    But another fully evolved fire starter? I said Oshawott because Ash has all the grass starters and the fire starters he has evolved at least once, it's time for a change.

And you can't say that Oshawott wouldn't have changed his chances of evolving, it's trait could've been different instead of being a Piplup clone and not being as popular as it is now.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I prefer Ash to rotate his pokemon than to just have a team of 6. *Looks at Hoenn League* Yeah, because Ash having a solid team of six is so good that he thinks he can win the whole league with them. ._.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I prefer him to rotate his Pokemon as long as they get equal or close to equal screentime and development.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Maybe if the writers actually did it right and rotated EVERYBODY but the rat it would work better.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

All for rotation.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12