Thread: Bet you can't answer this. What would a monster capture/battler look like if it...

Default Bet you can't answer this. What would a monster capture/battler look like if it...

What would a monster capture/battler look like if it wasn't a complete pokemon clone?

1) I was wondering, are there any pet/monster battler games out there (mobile/facebook/steam) are in the same genre as pokemon but aren't a complete clone?

I've been trying to find a monster battling game that has evolutions/strategy, but aren't just blatant rip-offs of pokemon (ie. Hunter island, micromon, haypi monsters, miscrits, monstermmorpg, monster galaxy)...haven't found any that has the pet raising formula, but places it into a more unique battle system.

2) Also, is there a pet/monster battler game you guys would like to play as an alternative to pokemon? What would you want to see? I am really hoping for something where I don't feel like I'm mindlessly grinding just to level up monsters just to get to the end game of PvP.

I know people are going to say, "well the pokemon formula works, so of course it'll be copied". I respect that, but what I'm saying is that these other games are complete copies of Pokemon. If everyone copied FF, we wouldn't have some of the great innovations (bravely default and ni no kuni come to mind).

Pokemon competitors by comparison are straight copies for the most part.

You can try Monster Rancher. It's sort of like Pokémon. The battling isn't as involving as Pokémon. But there are lots of monsters to raise. They now have a free Monster Rancher for mobile phones. Monster Rancher 2 on Playstation 1 was probably the best one.

I honestly like Pokémon a lot more than Monster Rancher, but it is an alternative.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 19th October 2014 at 3:25 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

What type of a revamp would you want to see? I think it would be really cool if you didn't need to grind like crazy to get to the end game pvp content.
    Last edited by monbattle; 19th October 2014 at 3:32 AM.

this is not a subforum for video games, try other video game discussion or whatever
    life is
    a game