Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weirdest Part of Your Day.

I read somewhere in the internet today that this year we're in might not actually be 2012 and next year's not 2013, it's actually the year 2016 (and next year is 2017) due to a "miscalculation" in the calendar. I'm not sure exactly how can I react to this, especially if it's true. :/
    But if it's true, at least we have nothing to worry about, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The odd thing is that where I live, there usually isn't a rainbow anywhere after a sign of those bursts of rain. :/
    Russia? I hear rain bursts you over there.

The weirdest part of my day was waking up to lavender town theme music, going to turn of my game, and it's not even on!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/291z3g7.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ScytheSwipe View Post
    Russia? I hear rain bursts you over there.
    No, it's not Russia. I wish it were Russia... that way I'd see snow everywhere during the winter. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

The odd thing is that where I live, there usually isn't a rainbow anywhere after a sign of those bursts of rain. :/
    Speaking of which, where I live, these random bursts of rain just suddenly come from nowhere and rear its ugly head to soak us through (usually in the middle of PE), and then retreat without a trace, leaving only a rainbow behind in its tracks. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Speaking of which, where I live, these random bursts of rain just suddenly come from nowhere and rear its ugly head to soak us through (usually in the middle of PE), and then retreat without a trace, leaving only a rainbow behind in its tracks. =/
    That always happened right when we were playing volleyball outside on the blacktop last year...

It began to rain so much that my friends and I would make bets on whether or not it would rain every time we would want to play. :/

Over half of the students in my high school were absent, mostly due to holiday plans or the Charlie rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Over half of the students in my high school were absent, mostly due to holiday plans or the Charlie rumor.
    It's probably holiday plans.

I wouldn't be too surprised, though. Winter break is the break that most people tend to go on vacation anyway. (:

It's probably holiday plans.

I wouldn't be too surprised, though. Winter break is the break that most people tend to go on vacation anyway. (:
    The Charlie actually affected the entire state of Maryland, some schools had an upgrade in security too today and sometimes one shouldn't take these as a joke. But yes, over half left because of the Christmas occasion.

I wouldn't say it's because of Charlie, really. Yeah, it's serious, but to put it into perspective, most people that would've skipped school due to it probably had holiday plans, too.

Of course, it may just be me and being an optimist, but still.

Today when I was walking to school some rather old looking person asked me if this is the last day of school. I said yes and then he asked when are we coming back, I said the third week of January. He thanked me and said he just wanted to know. I said okay and continued. Quite random.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    Today when I was walking to school some rather old looking person asked me if this is the last day of school. I said yes and then he asked when are we coming back, I said the third week of January. He thanked me and said he just wanted to know. I said okay and continued. Quite random.
    That happened to me once, too.

Maybe he's going to use those answers to decide whether or not he should send his child to your school or something. Were you wearing a uniform of some sort that made it so that the guy could tell what school you went to?

Were you wearing a uniform of some sort that made it so that the guy could tell what school you went to?
    No, but the binder I take to school does say which school I go to on the cover.

No, but the binder I take to school does say which school I go to on the cover.
    In case you lose it or something, right? :P

But yeah, were you holding it when the old man was talking to you?

But yeah, were you holding it when the old man was talking to you?
    Yeah, I always hold my binder when walking to school.

Yeah, I always hold my binder when walking to school.
    Ah, that may be why, then.

Speaking of which, do people generally "categorize" schools where you live? Like to determine whether or not a school is "bad" or something?

I got a haircut, which doesn't happen too often. Even weirder, I'm pretty happy with it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I got a haircut, which doesn't happen too often. Even weirder, I'm pretty happy with it.
    One of the reasons why I stopped getting regular haircuts was because I always hated how whoever cut my hair would make it look.

But congrats on your haircut. (:

I'll talk about yesterday since a lot of weird things happened last night. We had a big Christmas concert/party event and a lot of people (about more than 100,000 at the most I guess) attended.

1) I saw a few people yesterday wearing meme shirts (trollface mostly, up to now they still like that?) and "Adventure Time" stuff. Oddly enough, I didn't see any "Angry Birds" or "Hello Kitty" related stuff (If not none, then rarely). I guess this has something to do with the tastes of everyone because usually, people from the lower-mid to the lower class wear stuff from "Angry Birds" or "Hello Kitty" while people of the mid to the upper class seem to be more inclined to the "adventure time" or meme stuff. Most of everyone yesterday were from the mid to the upper class.
    2) In relation to #1, there is actually one character however that both sides seem to like: Domo-Kun. Seriously, that little brown guy's freakin' everywhere. And I saw a good number of stuff with him in it yesterday.
    3) I saw Pikachu hats on sale at one of the stores yesterday (Why not Lucario?!) and more odd, I saw a Hamtaro shirt on sale at another (I think it's weird because I never saw the latter have any merch)
    4) There were some guys (two of them) dressed up as angels and were wearing heavy make up. Even weirder was their "voice" because they sounded squeaky. And I thought it was a squeaky toy at first.
    5) There was a "Take a pic with Santa" booth yesterday too and nearly everyone's 16-25 years old. I guess for the kids at heart.
    6) One of the celebrities yesterday (my opinion the best one though) went near the crowd and what's weird about it is that he climbed up the tower where the lights are on (Either that was weird for me or that was awesome)
    7) The emcees of the event were making a lot of references to the "End of the World" at the party yesterday. Hehe, because it's the 21st. A guy that was interviewed near the end of the event (it ended at midnight) said "We survived 12-21-12!". Indeed!
    8) While I was eating last night, I didn't finish my food because while I was about to finish it, a huge pyromusical already started.

That is definitely a lot that I have to say about. Glad that's over.

Quote Originally Posted by nathandg0924 View Post
    I'll talk about yesterday since a lot of weird things happened last night. We had a big Christmas concert/party event and a lot of people (about more than 100,000 at the most I guess) attended.
    Wait, your school concert/party event had an internet theme to it? o:

Wait, your school concert/party event had an internet theme to it? o:
    Nope. It was Christmas themed but there was a parade earlier that was Disney-themed. What made you say that?

Nope. It was Christmas themed but there was a parade earlier that was Disney-themed. What made you say that?
    Your description of people wearing Domo-, Hello Kitty-, and trollface-related shirts made me think of that. :P

Your description of people wearing Domo-, Hello Kitty-, and trollface-related shirts made me think of that. :P
    Oh OK. The event was never meant to be internet themed. I never really like those however. Never got into them.

Another weird thing I remembered. Last night most of the students before the event were asked to wear either Red, Green or Yellow or in other words Christmas colors and everyone went pretty random on their shirts. Black seemed to be really dominant though.

Oh OK. The event was never meant to be internet themed. I never really like those however. Never got into them.

Another weird thing I remembered. Last night most of the students before the event were asked to wear either Red, Green or Yellow or in other words Christmas colors and everyone went pretty random on their shirts. Black seemed to be really dominant though.
    I've never heard of yellow being a Christmas color, but either way, black seems to complement most colors really nicely. Especially blue, but blue unfortunately wasn't part of your theme. :P

I've never heard of yellow being a Christmas color, but either way, black seems to complement most colors really nicely. Especially blue, but blue unfortunately wasn't part of your theme. :P
    I actually think that yellow's a good Christmas color and it's our school color too (Actually, Gold). Yeah, I agree on the part of black and though blue was not part of our theme, a good number of people were in blue yesterday.

I actually think that yellow's a good Christmas color and it's our school color too (Actually, Gold). Yeah, I agree on the part of black and though blue was not part of our theme, a good number of people were in blue yesterday.
    For school events like these, I like to convince myself that it's whether or not people come that determine whether or not they're spirited. For school spirit weeks, it's a bit different; I think it's whether or not people make an effort to fit that particular day's theme that determines whether or not they're spirited.

But since people decided to show up to that event, I'd say that they were pretty into the event, no matter what colors they were or weren't wearing. :P

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast