Over half of the students in my high school were absent, mostly due to holiday plans or the Charlie rumor.
I wouldn't say it's because of Charlie, really. Yeah, it's serious, but to put it into perspective, most people that would've skipped school due to it probably had holiday plans, too.
Of course, it may just be me and being an optimist, but still.
Today when I was walking to school some rather old looking person asked me if this is the last day of school. I said yes and then he asked when are we coming back, I said the third week of January. He thanked me and said he just wanted to know. I said okay and continued. Quite random.
I got a haircut, which doesn't happen too often. Even weirder, I'm pretty happy with it.
3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
Current Hunt: Ho-oh
I'll talk about yesterday since a lot of weird things happened last night. We had a big Christmas concert/party event and a lot of people (about more than 100,000 at the most I guess) attended.
1) I saw a few people yesterday wearing meme shirts (trollface mostly, up to now they still like that?) and "Adventure Time" stuff. Oddly enough, I didn't see any "Angry Birds" or "Hello Kitty" related stuff (If not none, then rarely). I guess this has something to do with the tastes of everyone because usually, people from the lower-mid to the lower class wear stuff from "Angry Birds" or "Hello Kitty" while people of the mid to the upper class seem to be more inclined to the "adventure time" or meme stuff. Most of everyone yesterday were from the mid to the upper class.
2) In relation to #1, there is actually one character however that both sides seem to like: Domo-Kun. Seriously, that little brown guy's freakin' everywhere. And I saw a good number of stuff with him in it yesterday.
3) I saw Pikachu hats on sale at one of the stores yesterday (Why not Lucario?!) and more odd, I saw a Hamtaro shirt on sale at another (I think it's weird because I never saw the latter have any merch)
4) There were some guys (two of them) dressed up as angels and were wearing heavy make up. Even weirder was their "voice" because they sounded squeaky. And I thought it was a squeaky toy at first.
5) There was a "Take a pic with Santa" booth yesterday too and nearly everyone's 16-25 years old. I guess for the kids at heart.
6) One of the celebrities yesterday (my opinion the best one though) went near the crowd and what's weird about it is that he climbed up the tower where the lights are on (Either that was weird for me or that was awesome)
7) The emcees of the event were making a lot of references to the "End of the World" at the party yesterday. Hehe, because it's the 21st. A guy that was interviewed near the end of the event (it ended at midnight) said "We survived 12-21-12!". Indeed!
8) While I was eating last night, I didn't finish my food because while I was about to finish it, a huge pyromusical already started.
That is definitely a lot that I have to say about. Glad that's over.
Another weird thing I remembered. Last night most of the students before the event were asked to wear either Red, Green or Yellow or in other words Christmas colors and everyone went pretty random on their shirts. Black seemed to be really dominant though.
But since people decided to show up to that event, I'd say that they were pretty into the event, no matter what colors they were or weren't wearing. :P
It's almost four in the morning, I can't go to sleep, so I decide to listen to some anime character songs on YouTube... then when I actually play one, I suddenly can't tell whether it's Japanese or just garbled-up Korean.
Well, they do sound similar...
I've never had the thing I mentioned happen to me before. I have a set rule to this: if it sounds like Korean and I can understand it, it's Korean; if it sounds like Korean but I can't understand it, it's Japanese. Guess being deprived of sleep fudges up simple things like that, too...