23 57.50%
  • DC

14 35.00%
  • Neither

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs DC

Talking Marvel vs DC

I was peer pressured into making a thread...
    I didn't see a topic like this, so I thought I'd make one...Basically, which comic book company do you like more. Personally, I like DC more than Marvel. (Mainly for Batman, but whatever...) Which do you like more?

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I like Marvel mainly because of Iron Man
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Marvel for me definitely. I think Batman is the only thing DC has going for them as far as I'm concerned. Marvel just has better comics/characters for me (and they publish the Dark Tower graphic novels which is huge bonus in my eyes).

DC. Because a vote for DC is a vote for all the other comic universes it swallowed up, such as the Captain Marvel Universe, Quality universe, Charlton universe, Wildstorm universe and Milestone universe.

What else has marvel got? The Ulktraverse, which they don't really do anything with.

On a less ridiculous note DC because they have pretty much all my favorite superheros like Batwoman, Blue Beetle, Static, Booster Gold, Star Girl. I really like their use of legacy characters as well.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I like Marvel for their good writing
    I prefer DC heros
    I'm going with the one not on the table, IDW = Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    DC. Because a vote for DC is a vote for all the other comic universes it swallowed up, such as the Captain Marvel Universe, Quality universe, Charlton universe, Wildstorm universe and Milestone universe.

What else has marvel got? The Ulktraverse, which they don't really do anything with.
    That's kind of an odd way to look at it. DC and Marvel both have immense stables of characters - how/why does it change the characters any if they were originally the property of another publisher?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Marvel, I have nothing against DC, I just prefer Marvel's characters and storylines.
    My biggest issue with DC though, is the amount of people who say they're the "better" comic series and then immediately list Batman as their only favourite character. Then, I have the same problem with people who say the same about Marvel, but only like Wolverine.

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

Image Comincs. :l

But out of these two I prefer DC, mostly due to it being huge.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's kind of an odd way to look at it. DC and Marvel both have immense stables of characters - how/why does it change the characters any if they were originally the property of another publisher?
    It really is kind of odd honestly. There's just something amusing about having Captain Marvel and Superman in the same universe or having Blue Beetle II and Batman talk crime fighting methods and technology.* Part of it's a meta thing too, seeing Captain Marvel and Superman together teaming up is also interesting just because the two comics they were in were in competition with each other in the 40's. (intercompany crossovers certainly can happen too, but they seem to be a bit rarer than they used to be. Marvel and DC don't seem to want to crossover with each other anymore)

*this was done in Batman the Brave in the Bold specifically and I thought it was interesting.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th September 2012 at 3:52 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Marvel, 100%.

That's not to say I don't like some of the DC characters and storylines. I do. But I feel that they focus more on the storylines and the plots than the characters themselves. Don't get me wrong, that makes for a good comic, I guess. But I prefer Marvel's character-focus. Of course, certain big events like the Crises. AvX, Fear Itself will always be more about the story than the characters, but that's to be expected of "summer blockbuster" type comics.

But I usually find much more character-driven consistency with Marvel's comics. Some of it is still hit/miss, but I actually feel things for the Marvel characters. Can't say the same for DC's.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Marvel. I was exposed to a lot more Marvel than DC as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Marvel, 100%.

That's not to say I don't like some of the DC characters and storylines. I do. But I feel that they focus more on the storylines and the plots than the characters themselves. Don't get me wrong, that makes for a good comic, I guess. But I prefer Marvel's character-focus. Of course, certain big events like the Crises. AvX, Fear Itself will always be more about the story than the characters, but that's to be expected of "summer blockbuster" type comics.
    I don't even know how you can say something like this when the entirety of Batman is character study. Like, no other mainstream comic focuses on character as heavily as Batman does. Marvel has not got anything that comes remotely close.

But whatever.

DC will always be better
    Then they rebooted most of the main series and screwed everything over.
    oopsie

I honestly haven't cared to look into either of them :/

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I honestly haven't cared to look into either of them :/
    Why post, then?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I love Marvel. I wasn't a big fan of DC up until I purchased the new 52. I found out that I really liked Batman. I don't care for Superman but Batman, man, there's something epic about the dude. He's one mean bad ***.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

I read both but I prefer DC for having my favorite superheros vs Marvel where I only like Spider-man Iron man, and The Hulk out of all their characters. Superman and Wonder Woman hooking up also makes me very excited as to where DC is going with Justice League.

Plus the New 52 reboot has let me reconnect even better with comics as its a fresh start of the DC universe for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshYEAH View Post
    I don't even know how you can say something like this when the entirety of Batman is character study. Like, no other mainstream comic focuses on character as heavily as Batman does. Marvel has not got anything that comes remotely close.

But whatever.
    A single comic will not put me in DC's "camp". Especially not Batman. I'm just not very interested in the character. Night of Owls was a great mini-event. But I preferred the books that didn't focus on Batman. For every good issue of Batman, DC puts out a dozen or so "bleh-meh" issues like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (all 3 series), and Justice League. All books that I skim, but don't invest myself in. I'd much rather spend my time with Journey into Mystery, Ultimate Comics (anything), Mighty Thor, Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four, and FF.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

More of a Marvel fan to be honest. Not that DC has a bad cast or anything, just I find Marvel delivers more variety.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Marvel because I have a ridiculous bias towards Steve Rogers.

Also I just generally know their comics better haha.

Star-Lord

DC. For two reasons.

Batman and Superman.

That is all.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Shounen Jump obviously

For some reason I always though Marvel was somewhat more realistic.

I can't decide. I like more characters from Marvel but my top favorites are from DC and the only Marvel character who is part of my top favorites is Dr. Strange.

Marvel or who....? What's DC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast