Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    And that's on my birthday, why writers?
    Probably because of the holidays. Unfortunately, I think this is normal, as they did it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Probably because of the holidays. Unfortunately, I think this is normal, as they did it last year.
    That's true, they all need there holiday breaks at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHelloThere View Post
    Didn't Ash battle Dawn in the Cubchoo filler? And yet he says they didn't battle. Is Ash really that forgetful. -_-
    a "Non"training battle...they were honestly showing off in the mamoswine VS pignite. lol (though i admit this one never finished...I don't think they ever had a SERIOUS battle. One that was non training. One to win...like truly win in a serious way.)

D-Dawn...I don't even want to watch it..;________;...But I will force myself to go through all of the feels...I never wanted this day to come! DX

At least let them not change the music...please don't change the music. ;__________;
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I also wonder if we're going to get another few week break between these two seasons, Rival Destinies and Adventures in Unova, before the AiU starts up. Just like it took a month in between Season 14 (BW) and 15 (RD) before it aired.

Or instead, we have the new season starting right from the get go. :P

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

one of my favorites for sure! alder really gave some advice to trip after he destroyed him... georgia and burgundy are getting a bit more friendly i see , and ugggh dawns left again :"( , but we may see her again sometime in the future , hope she does good in the wallace cup , and this cameran dude really made the emotions of dawn leaving go away and making it a funny ending

And so it ends. I've enjoyed watching episodes again as soon as they air, felt nostalgic and reminded me of the DP days, so Dawn and Piplup have departed, fairplay to her, she always seems to have a good sending off, she had a fantastic one in Memories are made of Bliss, and now she had another good one, was nice to see Ash, Iris and Cilan get sad that she had to leave, but was great that Ash remembered the Wallace Cup. Watching Ash and Dawn battle......it really felt like full circle for me, thinking back to how she began her journey, with Piplup and helping save Pikachu, not having a clue what she was doing, and yet here she is, fighting her best friend in a battle that was filled with epic countering showing just how well they know each other, I'm glad that Cynthia called it a draw, neither of them deserved to lose, they both put up a great fight. Disappointed they didn't keep the original japanese music in Dawn's leaving scene where they played "Friends Anniversary", but it still sounded very similar. Even though she didn't do much, it was great to have her back for a while and interact with new characters like Iris, Cilan, Trip, Burgundy, Georgia and now Cameron. She sure has had luck in meeting Ash's rivals, Gary, Paul, Barry, and now Trip and Cameron. But now her time is up for now, I really don't think this is the last we'll see of Dawn, yeah I may come off as biased because I'm a Dawn fan boy but she owns Piplup, and for that reason, I see her making more appearances in the future, and so I look forward to tuning in for her next episode. Now if only they would dub her special.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I think its really bizarre they didn't showcase all of Dawn's Pokemon.

That Togekiss really did serve little to no actual purpose on Dawn's team. I just wish Ambipom returned and that Togekiss could have stayed with that princess.

Not huge on how they casted Cameron. I know a lot of characters in Pokemon are voiced a lot older than they're supposed to be, like Paul, Trip, and Bianca, but unlike them Cameron could actually pass for a ten year old, and they've given him kind of a twenty-five year old 'dude' voice. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Credit to the dub, I thought they handled the battle and conversation with Trip well.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Not huge on how they casted Cameron. I know a lot of characters in Pokemon are voiced a lot older than they're supposed to be, like Paul, Trip, and Bianca, but unlike them Cameron could actually pass for a ten year old, and they've given him kind of a twenty-five year old 'dude' voice. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Credit to the dub, I thought they handled the battle and conversation with Trip well.
    Yeah I have the same thoughts on the dub. Cameron sounded weird.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Yeah I have the same thoughts on the dub. Cameron sounded weird.
    Goes on to say we'll never find many VAs that are around ten.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

did iris reference a real hurricane when she called him hurricane cameron? It sounded really familiar when she said it.
    Friends are family you choose

A lots happened in this episode when I think about it but it whizzed past so fast.

I thought the Alder vs Trip battle was the right result but I didn't expect Trip to change his ways in the way he did, I was expecting more of a tantrum and a 'I'll get you next time!' but I liked this one better. Next was a new character named Cameron. I really like the fast paced, act-before-you-think attitude which will create some pure hilarity to the series, I look forward to his future episodes. Finally, we had Dawn's departure ( ), I didn't quite find this one as emotional as the last but I thought the battle between Quilava and Pikachu was brilliant and a Draw was appropriate showing friends as equals. Goodbye Dawn and good luck in the Wallace Cup.

Oh and I forgot to mention Team Rocket which remain secretive between Meloetta and the ruins. I look forward to when all is revealed.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    And so it ends. I've enjoyed watching episodes again as soon as they air, felt nostalgic and reminded me of the DP days, so Dawn and Piplup have departed, fairplay to her, she always seems to have a good sending off, she had a fantastic one in Memories are made of Bliss, and now she had another good one, was nice to see Ash, Iris and Cilan get sad that she had to leave, but was great that Ash remembered the Wallace Cup. Watching Ash and Dawn battle......it really felt like full circle for me, thinking back to how she began her journey, with Piplup and helping save Pikachu, not having a clue what she was doing, and yet here she is, fighting her best friend in a battle that was filled with epic countering showing just how well they know each other, I'm glad that Cynthia called it a draw, neither of them deserved to lose, they both put up a great fight. Disappointed they didn't keep the original japanese music in Dawn's leaving scene where they played "Friends Anniversary", but it still sounded very similar. Even though she didn't do much, it was great to have her back for a while and interact with new characters like Iris, Cilan, Trip, Burgundy, Georgia and now Cameron. She sure has had luck in meeting
    Ash's rivals, Gary, Paul, Barry, and now Trip and Cameron. But now her time is up for now, I really don't think this is the last we'll see of Dawn, yeah I may come off as biased because I'm a Dawn fan boy but she owns Piplup, and for that reason, I see her making more appearances in the future, and so I look forward to tuning in for her next episode. Now if only they would dub her special.
    dude... couldnt agree with you more im a huge dawn fan too

It was nice seeing Alder completely shut Trip down, also nice seeing the writer's didn't have him continue his attitude problem and mellow out more. Nice seeing the battle between Ash & Dawn end in a draw, really shows how much much Dawn has come since her journey through Sinnoh.

Why do the writer's feel the need to add the quirky, wacky, sidekick type character we already have Bianca, do we really need another Barry or Morrison in the show. These characters and their actions aren't funny and detract from the enjoyment of the episode I just cringe every time Cameron open's his mouth or is on screen. He is not funny, his actions aren't funny, why do we really need to give Ash another rival? This troupe is worn out, it is a sign of bad writing that we even have a character like Cameron in the series cause Trip was never that interesting.

So this little mini arc was ok, it was disappointing that they brought Dawn back only to relegate her to 4th companion position & not even have her win the Junior Cup or at least come in 2nd, before she leaves for Johto to complete in the Wallace Cup. Also we don't even get a battle between Alder & Cynthia, you have 2 region champs and you don't even let them battle each other.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was okay personally. It was the time where I never hated Cameron and was just getting used to the new rival despite the short appearence he made.

Just thought I'd let you know... CITV in the UK is airing the next two episodes after this one (The Road to Humilau and Unrest at the Nursery!) on Friday, 28th December from 7:30am GMT. And on New Years Eve, the next two as well (Meloetta and the Undersea Temple and Unova Survival Crisis!)!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

This was an ok episode even though I did expect more out of it. It was a bit upsetting to see Dawn leave. It feels like she just came back. Also, I found Cameron to be extremely annoying.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was an ok episode even though I did expect more out of it. It was a bit upsetting to see Dawn leave. It feels like she just came back. Also, I found Cameron to be extremely annoying.
    ya i know how you feel, i wanted her to stay till the unova league , but we mite see her again soon , maybe when ash comes back to kanto she will come visit

Cameron is really silly but I don't care because Riolu finally gets some more screen time! YAY! I literally sqreed (sp?) when Riolu came up on WTP? (In case you haven't guessed I'm a massive Riolu fan. ) Bye bye Dawn, hope to see you again at some point.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

So Cameron thought that the UNOVA league was being held in JOHTO. Isn't that like the White House of the United States being located in Pakistan?

Trip and Cameron were the highlights of this episode to me. I think Alder just agreed to battle the winner of the Junior Cup to crush the dreams of whichever little kid happened to win it. I don't get why Cynthia had to interrupt Ash vs Dawn but wouldn't have one of Ash's Unova Pokemon been a better option for the battle to show what he has learned in Unova?
    Last edited by J Ken; 3rd February 2013 at 5:53 AM.

Well having seen this episode it's safe to say that Dawn will never be seen or heard from again...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Well having seen this episode it's safe to say that Dawn will never be seen or heard from again...
    nahhh how can you say that man , i bet we will see her again

First time I saw Cameron. He's like another brother to us. LOL

天と地が一つになる時!世界は新たな時代を迎える!

That episode was so rushed omg. sad ;-;

Wanted to see more of Marlon~

And when Dawn left D: That was sad. Since she was planning on going to the Wallace Cup, I was hoping for a brief mention of May but I guess not. Maybe one day the creators will decide to get rid of that one previous region visitor thing they have going on .-.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast