Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 292

Thread: The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Outside of Bouffalant one shotting Serperior, this episode had NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

    I was completely and utterly bored watching it.

    I hate Kotetsu. Oh sorry let me rephrase that. There's no point in Kotetsu existing (more on that in the next episode preview thread).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They stopped? why Oo

    Who asked them to stop?
    Jeremy and Cynthia. I don't know why. lol

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    This was an okay episode, the next looks incredible though. Kotetsu has a good voice on him, but sadly sufers from being exactly like Barry.. Too bad, because I really like his team so far (outside of Riolu that is)...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    If he said Johto then maybe he is from Johto. Maybe Sushi would throw some light on this matter. Apart from that nice episode and nice introduction.
    For some reason Kotetsu thought the Unova League would take place in Ecruteak City so he'd planned to board the plane heading to Johto (which would land in Blackthorn City, by the way - lots of references today!) and was frustrated when he missed it. Ash then told him he was sure it hasn't been decided yet where the League will take place and Kotetsu was relieved he hadn't gone aboard after all.

    Kotetsu asked Ash if he had "all 7 badges" yet, showing off his own badge case. The group told him that Ash's eighth badge isn't an optional bonus (that's what Kotetsu thought) but mandatory, causing Kotetsu to get freaked out and ask for the closest Gym.
    Last edited by Sushi; 6th September 2012 at 12:36 PM.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    but sadly sufers from being exactly like Barry..
    They only have a similar personality. Note I said "similar" not "exact."
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Too bad we didn't see Pachirisu, Togekiss and Buneary in action.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    For some reason Kotetsu thought the Unova League would take place in Ecruteak City so he'd planned to board the plane heading to Johto (which would land in Blackthorn City, by the way - lots of references today!) and was frustrated when he missed it. Ash then told him he was sure it hasn't been decided yet where the League will take place and Kotetsu was relieved he hadn't gone aboard after all.

    Kotetsu asked Ash if he had "all 7 badges" yet, showing off his own badge case. The group told him that Ash's eighth badge isn't an optional bonus (that's what Kotetsu thought) but mandatory, causing Kotetsu to get freaked out and ask for the closest Gym.
    Why would it be in Johto? This rival is insane. xD

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Too bad we didn't see Pachirisu, Togekiss and Buneary in action.
    I would say I'm surprised Buneary didn't say goodbye to Pikachu but she didn't during the Farewell Episode in Sinnoh, either.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    For some reason Kotetsu thought the Unova League would take place in Ecruteak City so he'd planned to board the plane heading to Johto (which would land in Blackthorn City, by the way - lots of references today!) and was frustrated when he missed it. Ash then told him he was sure it hasn't been decided yet where the League will take place and Kotetsu was relieved he hadn't gone aboard after all.
    After reading this one thing is sure he is funniest character ever. He escapes from making mistakes by making mistakes. So long Bianca and Barry

    Kotetsu asked Ash if he had "all 7 badges" yet, showing off his own badge case. The group told him that Ash's eighth badge isn't an optional bonus (that's what Kotetsu thought) but mandatory, causing Kotetsu to get freaked out and ask for the closest Gym
    That is the whole Morrison plot here. Doesn't matter, most of the AG fanbase might have already left by now. Its been so long.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    They only have a similar personality. Note I said "similar" not "exact."
    Yes Jun didnt have a Rioulo for you to hate his character for no reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    For some reason Kotetsu thought the Unova League would take place in Ecruteak City so he'd planned to board the plane heading to Johto (which would land in Blackthorn City, by the way - lots of references today!) and was frustrated when he missed it. Ash then told him he was sure it hasn't been decided yet where the League will take place and Kotetsu was relieved he hadn't gone aboard after all.

    Kotetsu asked Ash if he had "all 7 badges" yet, showing off his own badge case. The group told him that Ash's eighth badge isn't an optional bonus (that's what Kotetsu thought) but mandatory, causing Kotetsu to get freaked out and ask for the closest Gym.

    Haha I love dumb shonen characters, I actually laughed reading this.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This was an okay episode, the next looks incredible though. Kotetsu has a good voice on him, but sadly sufers from being exactly like Barry.. Too bad, because I really like his team so far (outside of Riolu that is)...
    I thought the only pokémon we know Kotetsu has are Riolu & Samurott

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yes Jun didnt have a Rioulo for you to hate his character for no reason.
    I fail to see how Kotetsu is anything like Barry (outside of a "similar" personality). Seeing as how I can see the vast nuances between the two characters.

    For one thing Barry was never late to anything, odds are he'd get to the location before anything. For some reason Kotetsu despite having a lot of energy always arrives late. It'll be a wonder how Kotetsu even plans to get to the Unova League before registration ends without making it look convenient. Perhaps he follows Ash or whatnot.

    And this is supposed to be a rival who might beat Ash? An absentminded energentic trainer, who seems to not be the brightest bulb.

    Why couldn't we get an antagonistic female rival? I'd buy that potential loss over potential loss to Kotetsu any day.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I fail to see how Kotetsu is anything like Barry (outside of a "similar" personality). Seeing as how I can see the vast nuances between the two characters.

    For one thing Barry was never late to anything, odds are he'd get to the location before anything. For some reason Kotetsu despite having a lot of energy always arrives late. It'll be a wonder how Kotetsu even plans to get to the Unova League before registration ends without making it look convenient. Perhaps he follows Ash or whatnot.

    And this is supposed to be a rival who might beat Ash? An absentminded energentic trainer, who seems to not be the brightest bulb.

    Why couldn't we get an antagonistic female rival? I'd buy that potential loss over potential loss to Kotetsu any day.
    I'm trolling your nonsense posts I'm not actually comparing anything.

    So you don't know how shonen works?

    Goku(Dragon Ball) = Dumb
    Naruto(Naruto) = Dumb
    Luffy(One Piece) = dumb
    Gon(HunterxHunter) = Dumb
    Oga(beelzebub) = Dumb

    This are just some examples, the usual shonen hero is a dumb guy who is great at battling.

    We don't know crap about his battling skills you are hating him for very obvious reasons in anyone that knows your taste and posts about him, no need to justify crap.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm trolling your nonsense posts I'm not actually comparing anything.

    So you don't know how shonen works?

    Goku(Dragon Ball) = Dumb
    Naruto(Naruto) = Dumb
    Luffy(One Piece) = dumb
    Gon(HunterxHunter) = Dumb
    Oga(beelzebub) = Dumb

    This are just some examples, the usual shonen hero is a dumb guy who is great at battling.

    We don't know crap about his battling skills you are hating him for very obvious reasons in anyone that knows your taste and posts about him, no need to justify crap.
    If you were trying to argue that Kotetsu can physically kick Ash's ash despite not being a bright bulb, then I'd see your point.

    But we're talking about a person who gives orders to a creature, and said person has to know the strengths and limitations of said creature in battle with another creature who takes orders from another person.

    I'm pretty sure a trainer can't afford the luxury of being "absent minded" granted he could be a skilled battler, clearly seen by his seven badges. But even so, he doesn't look threatening in the least. And secondly Ash had enough rivals, I'd have preferred another female rival, over yet another male rival.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    While I love a female rival Dman, I don't want a ***** D-bag Gary/Silver oe. Despite her flanderization, I'll cool with Bianca

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    So is this ash's new rival? thank god, the other ones suck so much and it's great to see a character who not only looks 10 but is actually funny.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    While I love a female rival Dman, I don't want a ***** D-bag Gary/Silver oe. Despite her flanderization, I'll cool with Bianca
    Bianca's fine and all, but she's only one female rival.

    But fine, how about a personality similar to Cynthia's then.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Has Trip changed already? Looking at the pictures he seems all smiles with Ash now. Ooooookay.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Bianca's fine and all, but she's only one female rival.

    But fine, how about a personality similar to Cynthia's then.
    Shirona is boring as crap(even though she was a lot more fun in this arc), if you want boring robotic characters to be the ones beating Satoshi, you are just asking for yet another league only boring rival...

    I forgot you love that I don't .

    Just like I like that this Rioulo has a personality instead of being a "im a rare pokemon" and I'm super serious.

    ---------

    Seems so Graham, he really seems to have taken Cheren story, looks like he got his admiration back from Alder and Alder was able to somehow change him( he was like he was out of admiration for Alder), nice development for him imo.

    Freaking Kotetsu remotes goes to number 12 thats OP, the ones at my home go from 1 to 9.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 6th September 2012 at 1:47 PM.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Shirona is boring as crap(even though she was a lot more fun in this arc), if you want boring robotic characters to be the ones beating Satoshi, you are just asking for yet another league only boring rival...
    I fail to see why characters can only be loved when they have eccentric, vibrant personalities.

    I think there's is some charm in a hard outer shell and a chewy soft inside. Especially when it involves female characters. The female character who is quiet and emotionless, and then when you least expect it, the female character smiles, because she's "won" or because she is showing some softer emotions.

    I fail to see the appeal in characters that need to lower the intake of sugar they consume.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I fail to see why characters can only be loved when they have eccentric, vibrant personalities.

    I think there's is some charm in a hard outer shell and a chewy soft inside. Especially when it involves female characters. The female character who is quiet and emotionless, and then when you least expect it, the female character smiles, because she's "won" or because she is showing some softer emotions.

    I fail to see the appeal in characters that need to lower the intake of sugar they consume.
    None is saying that, I'm saying she is boring nothing else.

    Naoshi was accentirc and was a crap of a character.

    You just dont get it dont worry dman.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    http://live2.ch/jlab-tv/2/k/s/tv1346926944973.jpg

    Is it just me, or is the Freeze badge miscolored?
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    http://live2.ch/jlab-tv/2/k/s/tv1346926944973.jpg

    Is it just me, or is the Freeze badge miscolored?
    Hard to.say, myabe so

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Pretty decent episode, only thing I'm annoyed about is the writers having ANOTHER TIE, I mean jesus 90% of Dawn's battles have ended in a tie.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Saw the pictures. Not surprised with Alder vs Trip, although it seems Trip is a little more friendly now based on the pictures, not sure what was said though.

    Haha, Kotetsu dexing Pikachu with a remote. He's pretty much how I expected him to be. I see that he has more colour then I thought though, still would have liked a vest or something.

    Ash vs Dawn didn't get finished? That's what it looked like from the pictures, that's disappointing, but I suppose it should be expected.

    Oh and Team Rocket stuff. Yay. This time they are in ADS exploring the ocean floor. I thought it looked nice.

    The episode looks interesting to me, I'll probably like it more when I know what is actually being said.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •