Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    Did Morrisson get confused about stuff too? Wasn't he just hyper active... can't remember anymore.
    He's the same type of character, if you see the preview to the next episode Ash is helping the new rival from falling off a cliff, its the same thing Ash/Morrisson did in those last Hoenn episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He's the same type of character, if you see the preview to the next episode Ash is helping the new rival from falling off a cliff, its the same thing Ash/Morrisson did in those last Hoenn episodes.
    Except Morrisson is not as dumb and brainscatter as Kotetsu.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well it used four moves this episode and Eruption wasn't one of them so.....
    Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and Swift was all I remember seeing... did it use Smokescreen?

Edit: It's official... All cast member's with Fire types are doomed to have Flamethrower as one of it's known moves. Seriously writers, what the f**k is so great about the move? It's far from original at this point
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 6th September 2012 at 7:41 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and Swift was all I remember seeing... did it use Smokescreen?

Edit: It's official... All cast member's with Fire types are doomed to have Flamethrower as one of it's known moves. Seriously writers, what the f**k is so great about the move? It's far from original at this point
    Chill, it's just a mova.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Morrison was Ash's clone in terms of personality. Kotetsu is more like Kanto Ash than current Ash. Plus Morrison wasn't funny.

Really writers?? You have Quilava learn Eruption, totally copying Ash's......then you erase Eruption for Flamethrower?? Why not have it learn Flamethrower in the first place instead of Eruption -_-!!

I really don't understand the writers sometimes.......
    Relax. There is hope we will never see her again so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Except Morrisson is not as dumb and brainscatter as Kotetsu.
    Kotestu isn't dumb. :/ He's very smart, just scatterbrained like Barry. At least I don't think I honestly shouldn't be defending him. I just have this feeling he's going to troll me.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    They would do that? (o.o) I'm expecting Ash vs Trip in the League.
    Hes already changed though, Ash V.S Trip would proove nothing other than to show Ash gotten better and he can do that with any rival =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

When was Orre mentioned?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    When was Orre mentioned?
    Orre wasn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud View Post
    New rival mentions Orre? Possible filler saga?
    What makes you think that?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    What makes you think that?
    Sushi confirmed it, so shall it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Sushi confirmed it, so shall it be.
    Sushi confirmed that Orre wasn't mentioned.

Unless you were saying that already in which case I apologize.

Trip got smashed mmmmYES! I knew Alder wouldn't be weak despite his easy going nature. Nice development for Trip, he'll surely still clash with Ash, but seeing as he has learned his lesson for now, this makes me more interested in seeing what happens between them. Also, Trip sure has balls, using Serperior despite predicting the Sap Sipper ability, I'll give 'em that.
    Ash vs Dawn looked pretty as one would expect from good old Masaaki Iwane so I'm fine with that, Cynthia calling the battle off makes sense, they didn't have to make Pikachu look weaker by losing or tying with Quilava nor send of Dawn on a low note, although I wouldnt've minded seeing her lose, just because Ash is my BOY.
    Kotetsu is pretty nice, he's hyper like Barry, but not a d*ck trying to fine everyone every chance he gets. Judging by the preview he has a Ferrothorn, that + Samurott and a possible future Lucario = NOT TOO SHABBY. But since he's from the same mold as Morrison and Barry I don't see him beating Ash in the league. Best Wishes is full of surprises though so we'll have to wait and see.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Sushi confirmed that Orre wasn't mentioned.

Unless you were saying that already in which case I apologize.
    Well I thought so too but Sushi and others heard Johto not Orre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So what did Alder say to Trip after their battle, & did they really write him off at the end?
    I don't know what was said, but if I were to guess, Alder probably told Trip to care about his Pokemon more and he'll get further. Alder probably said Trip has good tactics and that but without emotional bonds with your Pokemon you and them can never reach their full potential. Whatever he said, it defiantly seemed to get to him.

No way is Trip written off either, he's not done in the show, he's still going to battle Ash in the league. This is simply development for Trip, he's changed, and now Trip doesn't seem as much as a jerk as before.

EDIT: On another note, I quickly watched over Kotetsu's scenes in this episode and I'm more interested in him then before.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post

I'm going to say it again, I still believe the moves aren't just a writer decision but rather a joined decision with the animators.

Animators seem to be slacking a lot and prefer to use reused footage and easy to animate moves, flamethrower is one of those moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm going to say it again, I still believe the moves aren't just a writer decision but rather a joined decision with the animators.

Animators seem to be slacking a lot and prefer to use reused footage and easy to animate moves, flamethrower is one of those moves.
    I doubt that has anything to do with Flamethrower replacing Eruption, Quilava hadn't used either move in BW so no matter what, they'd have to make a new animation for it, the other one has fire coming off of it's back, other from it's mouth, not that different and harder than the other. Flamethrower was used as a convenient move to block Iron Tail, nothing more to it. I actually forgot all about it having Eruption before lol. Welp, really doesn't matter anymore, no reason to get upset.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I didn't even metioned anything about it replacing Eruption, just making a post to talk about why they gave it flamethrower nothing else.

Okay episode. I wish Bouffalant didn't OHKO Serperior though. I'm not sure what the conversation was after the battle, but if Trip changes in a snap I'll be pissed. Quilava vs Pikachu was okay too, winner or not. Unfortunately, Dawn's goodbye was botched.

The best part of the episode was Kotetsu and Riolu. I love them already. I laughed quite a few times, like when Kotetsu started setting up camp like he'd have to wait, Rilou patting Kotetsu's head after that and Kotetsu and Ash's conversation on the dock.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Okay episode. I wish Bouffalant didn't OHKO Serperior though. I'm not sure what the conversation was after the battle, but if Trip changes in a snap I'll be pissed. Quilava vs Pikachu was okay too, winner or not. Unfortunately, Dawn's goodbye was botched.

The best part of the episode was Kotetsu and Riolu. I love them already. I laughed quite a few times, like when Kotetsu started setting up camp like he'd have to wait, Rilou patting Kotetsu's head after that and Kotetsu and Ash's conversation on the dock.
    He was like he was because he had a stupid image from Alder that he though Alder was this strict trainer that was super serious and strong and that was the way to be, Alder(his hero) gave him some words of advice and he accepted them, Alder was the main influence for him until now its acceptable that he is the one that changes him.

I thought the episode turned out to be pretty enjoyable. Funny people thought Trip's Serperior would actually damage Bouffalant, it tanked everything just like with Pikachu. Pikacuhu probably did more since it wasn't affected by Sap Sipper, but that's beside the point. It was nice to see Trip not only being pushed but also he showed a lot more emotion than in previous appearances, not just shrugging off the loss and actually listening to Alder's words this time. He seems to have gotten a lot out of that battle and I look forward to seeing him again. Dawn's departure was okay but it's funny that the most emotion actually came from Piplup and Oshawott. I really liked seeing Kotetsu, he's not nearly as boring as people were led to believe. He's pretty interesting and I wonder how well he battles.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Really writers?? You have Quilava learn Eruption, totally copying Ash's......then you erase Eruption for Flamethrower?? Why not have it learn Flamethrower in the first place instead of Eruption -_-!!

I really don't understand the writers sometimes.......
    I also don't understand why they have Dawn go to Hoenn, not mention that at all and then make her go to Johto instead

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure if this new guy keeps saying Johto or Orre? I like him though, he's apparently late for nearly everything, but just by a hair.
    Will he be late for his Unova league match against Ash? XD maybe Ash wins it because he fails to arrive at the right time haha

That's not what it was. xD

Dawn was all like "Ash, good luck at the Isshu League" and "Iris, I hope you can get your Dragonite to listen to you!" but then didn't have a damn thing to say to Cilan. She didn't say anything to Cilan because ... well, he doesn't have anything significant going on. :P
    Cilan slapped her in the face. That's why.

I thought Kotetsu is going to be another paul clone and being a better version of trip no wonder why the writers said "New rival" in the pokemon anime and the pokemon anime website showed marlon. Kotetsu reminds of barry. Kotetsu is going to be the one who is gonna get defeated by ash. Trip is going to be the one who is gonna defeat ash It was disappointing for me ash vs dawn battle didn't finish.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast