Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Research Month

just saying, my team is a rain team.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Here's the team. Surprised it did as well as it did, but it does decent if you play it well. Pretty shitty in theory, though. Only truly "original" thing about this team is the T-tar set. Throws people off guard and hits hard. Been using variations of that Chandelure set since I first got into battling on random wifi. Thing's a monster with a scarf. It truly is under-appreciated.

EDIT: Well, fawk. Sub/punch T-tar isn't even anything new. Just found out it's a lesser-used smogon set. What's there is my variation on it though.

Bronzong@Air Balloon
    Ability: Heat Proof
    EV's: 252 SpD/252 HP/4 Def
    Sassy Nature
    -Toxic
    -Stealth Rock
    -Reflect
    -Gyro Ball

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Ability: Sandstream
    EV's: 252 HP/146 SpA/84 Att/ 28 Spe
    Quiet Nature
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV'S: 252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Ground

Latios@Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Trick
    -HP Fire
    -Surf
    -Draco Meteor

Gliscor@Flying Gem
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EV's: 252 Spe/252 Att/ 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics

Skarmory@Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV's: 252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 Spe
    Impish Nature
    -Spikes
    -Roost
    -Whirlwind
    -Brave Bird

Spoiler:- Team:

(20:57:23) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 723/80888 [1304 points / 15 battles]!

I decided to use the same strategy as rairyan and it worked out pretty well.

Replying to a few posts, my post may be a bit longish~~

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    but yeah, back to virizion. i honestly find him under-powered now-a-days, solely because of the rise of multiple checks and counters to it, specifically tornadus-t and mamoswine(counter and check, respectively). its good, but unfortunately certain things keep it from being its full potential.
    Yea and that is another purpose of this challenge. With BW2 coming, many Pokemon were "instantly" discarded being viewed as unviable. We are try to see if these Pokemon are in fact viable. Based on our results we are seeing that most of them are viable, but may not be as good/potent as they were in BW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Hit just above the 1300 mark under the alt "Makio" using both Chandy and Bronzong.

(09:03:49) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 670/80665 [1309 points / 47 battles]!
    Attachment 6035
    Will include details of team later today when I get back. However I might switch it up some, and try Virizion on the same account. Going for 1400 now.

Awesome idea for the thread btw. Hope you keep up with this on a monthly basis, dragon user.

Also, Eranu...I experimented with your team some on a different account, and it is not shitty. It's actually great if you can stay on top of your prediction game and keep your momentum rolling.
    I won 9 out of 9 straight with it :/ and then moved on to this alt.
    Not a bad team, by any means, as far as I'm concerned.

Tested (off-ladder) the team you used too, Rairyan...and it seems good too. More stable (requires less prediction), and accounts for quite a few of the main threats in the current metagame.
    Though, I have to say I prefer Eranu's shitty team. That's a fun one to use. Makes for some interesting matches
    Kind of interesting to play with a team designed more around beating the metagame (Rairyan's) and immediately use one that leaves it up to how the two play the field afterwards (Eranu's).
    Glad you like the thread (although all the credit shouldn't go to me).

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    Someone haked my alt so can I change it? If so then my new alt is [RTR] anziliero
    Anyways, when I first thought of Bronzong i thought of TR, then Rain. Then I thought: "why not put them togeter" that is what i did, so first I decided on a suportive TR set, and Supportoad. What sucks about Toad is that he has no recovery, so a wish passer came to mind, Blissey and Chancey. The main resson to use Blissey over Chancey is Leftover recovery under Sandstorm/Hail, so I went with Chancey. Toxic spikes were going to be a pain even if chancey had Heal Bell, Tentacruel came to mind, It dosent abuse of TR, but it is still great out of it (since TR wont be up 100% percent of the time). Then i needed someone to abuse TR so why not Conkeldurr, he is very "fast" with TR, setup time would be a wast, so I decided on a status Orb, since he is ment to stay a bit then leave Toxic Orb was my choice. Then there was still one slot open, and I wanted to test Whimsicott out, just cuz he trolled me too much in the past.
    To prevent hacking, try registering accounts with a password. That way random people can't get on your accounts. And changing alts is np, and I have changed the OP to have your new alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Here's the team. Surprised it did as well as it did, but it does decent if you play it well. Pretty shitty in theory, though. Only truly "original" thing about this team is the T-tar set. Throws people off guard and hits hard. Been using variations of that Chandelure set since I first got into battling on random wifi. Thing's a monster with a scarf. It truly is under-appreciated.

EDIT: Well, fawk. Sub/punch T-tar isn't even anything new. Just found out it's a lesser-used smogon set. What's there is my variation on it though.

Bronzong@Air Balloon
    Ability: Heat Proof
    EV's: 252 SpD/252 HP/4 Def
    Sassy Nature
    -Toxic
    -Stealth Rock
    -Reflect
    -Gyro Ball

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Ability: Sandstream
    EV's: 252 HP/146 SpA/84 Att/ 28 Spe
    Quiet Nature
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV'S: 252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Ground

Latios@Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Trick
    -HP Fire
    -Surf
    -Draco Meteor

Gliscor@Flying Gem
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EV's: 252 Spe/252 Att/ 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics

Skarmory@Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV's: 252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 Spe
    Impish Nature
    -Spikes
    -Roost
    -Whirlwind
    -Brave Bird
    Pretty nice team! Glad to see you had success with Zong and Chandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranu™ View Post
        Spoiler:- Team:

(20:57:23) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 723/80888 [1304 points / 15 battles]!

I decided to use the same strategy as rairyan and it worked out pretty well.
    Nice to see a hail team in the challenge. GJ eranu.

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser™ View Post
    Yea and that is another purpose of this challenge. With BW2 coming, many Pokemon were "instantly" discarded being viewed as unviable. We are try to see if these Pokemon are in fact viable. Based on our results we are seeing that most of them are viable, but may not be as good/potent as they were in BW1.

Glad you like the thread (although all the credit shouldn't go to me).

Pretty nice team! Glad to see you had success with Zong and Chandy.
    Less viable, but worthy threats when supported well and played with right. That's what I like about this. It's giving people reason to use pokes that have been **** on lately as a result of the evolving metagame. So kudos to whoever came up with this.

RESPEC

Eh, my team is practical.....but makes for pretty standard play. Every match I've had using Eranu's Deo-D offense team has been interesting, but more of a challenge.

And Rairyan's sand offense team is great due to the fact that it's designed more to beat the current metagame as a whole. Makes ranking quite a bit easier. Think his takes the cake for making ranking up easier, but Eranu's Deo team packs heat and leaves it up to you to really think about each turn you make each match.

Was glad I could pull off at least 1300 using 2/3. Might try for all three on the same team. That'd take some doing though.

I'm going to have to wait a week to ladder and will probably lose interest by then, but I see no reason to not do something totally ripped off of smogon this.

serebii username: Dragonicwari
    Pokemon(s) you plan to use: Either Bronzong or Virizion
    Ladder alt (remember it needs to be an untouched alt): [test]Dragonicwari

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

lol cant break 1250 with this ridiculous hax

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    lol cant break 1250 with this ridiculous hax
    KnowDatFeel. Remember what you told me in PM? I took your advice, seemed to work.

well after a flamethrower burned my ttar, i raged quitted and am probably under 1200 -_-

heres my team if someone else wants to ladder with it, it's been fantastic imo and if WoW would stop missing and other bs it would've hit 1300 a while ago lol.

Spoiler:- show:

the ever so rare conkeldurr is quite the b!tch, thats why lando runs psychic>f blast.

Hey, because PO server is down at the moment, I went on PS for now. My account name is ChidoriOChallenge
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    well after a flamethrower burned my ttar, i raged quitted and am probably under 1200 -_-

heres my team if someone else wants to ladder with it, it's been fantastic imo and if WoW would stop missing and other bs it would've hit 1300 a while ago lol.

Spoiler:- show:

the ever so rare conkeldurr is quite the b!tch, thats why lando runs psychic>f blast.
    Encountered the same frequently lol. Why do you think it took 47 battles? Some of it is unavoidable. But some isn't if you end things quickly with good planning.
    I know how frustrating that **** gets, though 0_0

Pretty nice team you have there btw.

Hey, I made a pretty decent team! I haven't lost yet and I'm in the end of 1000s though I doubt I'll make it past 1200. Lets let the future decide...
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

a friend pointed this out to me, but, uh, DU, umm....how to put this....

i didn't get 1400 on PO. the highest i ever got was ~1280 on PO, back in march. i got ~1500 ±50 on PS!.

still needs work, lol. never got no silver :P just thought i'd point that out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    a friend pointed this out to me, but, uh, DU, umm....how to put this....

i didn't get 1400 on PO. the highest i ever got was ~1280 on PO, back in march. i got ~1500 ±50 on PS!.

still needs work, lol. never got no silver :P just thought i'd point that out, lol.
    ok lol, edit'd op.

Also a note to all, I have found that if you play enough games on the ladder hax will even out. Sure you may be having unlucky streaks, but everyone does get some good luck as well. So just keep at it!

credit to EG and extroph

Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser™ View Post
    ok lol, edit'd op.

Also a note to all, I have found that if you play enough games on the ladder hax will even out. Sure you may be having unlucky streaks, but everyone does get some good luck as well. So just keep at it!
    PO hates me with a passion, so yeah. Ps has less hax if anyone wants to deal with the ladder problems Xd

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

the variations are crappy as hell tho

i've heard people say they lose points for winning on ps. and the bonus pool potentialy lets you gain points for losing.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Ps also doesn't serve as a real ladder in the sense that matches aren't based on ranking, but are randomly assigned (thats the reason once you get to like 1850 almost all the matches are +1). That is why it is heavily recommended to ladder on PO till the ladder is fixed.

credit to EG and extroph

yeah, the ladder sucks, but its what im stuck with :/ its my parents' computer, and id rather not download crap on it so they don't b*tch at me if stuff starts freezing and the computer gets a virus or anything, lol.

my rmt is in the rmt section if anyone wants to help out a bit.

right now, im wondering if landorus-t could be a replacement over gliscor, and techniloom with hp ice 60 a replacement over virizion(for non-research purposes. virizion would stay for the research segment).

breloom has abyssymal special attack, so hp ice would screw him over.

Yeah hax sucks, I lost a lot of times because of a water fall flich(makes me want to use iner foucus over Multiscale) or focus blast got a crit + full para....
    Anyways now im ~1100. Lucky me that Trick Alakazam is rare, same with Parasect (that thing rapeds my whole team, afeter chancey is tricked/whimscot is spored).
    TR on Bronzong is rarly used, so im not shure if I should swap that for chesto rest/rest, confuse ray, Hypnosis,light screen or reflect... If so ill change Conkeldurr's Item to leftovers or Flame Orb, and mabe add bulk up.
    For anyone who is curious:
        Spoiler:- Bronzong, Rain and Trick Room!:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    breloom has abyssymal special attack, so hp ice would screw him over.
    as BH pointed out, +68 SpA evs does the job. it koes all thats needed to, and the loss of ~17 atk points doesnt hurt techniloom. so, the proposed set is:

Breloom @Life Orb
    - Technician -
    Naive
    188 atk/ 68 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Bullet seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Hp Ice 60
    - Spore

and 60 SpA/atk doesn't meet it can't be used :/ im not planning on hp icing everything in existence, just salamence/gliscor/dragonite/landorus. in other words, 4x weak. it'll be a secret until needed :/

good strategy. although breloom needs sd to ohko and counter genesect.

genesect isn't really a threat though. a lot of genesect run modest scarved now-adays, so my genesect always outspeeds and ohkoes with flamethrower. and politoed survives and ohkoes with hydro pump. and if not, i switch to gliscor and ohko with acrogem. soo...yeah ^_^

lol why the heck do you run max speed, salamence dragonite and gliscor can still OHKO it [f blast, hp ice wont do **** to MS dnite, and acrobat]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast