Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Research Month

??? im not sure what you mean....on genesect? max speed + scarf allows it to outspeed so many things, and is great because its b*tch 99 base speed :l If you have a different suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it from one of the group that is consisted of the greatest competitive minds on serebii.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ??? im not sure what you mean....on genesect? max speed + scarf allows it to outspeed so many things, and is great because its b*tch 99 base speed :l If you have a different suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it from one of the group that is consisted of the greatest competitive minds on serebii.
    breloom

o. max speed so its not shat on by mamoswine. ice shard and all that. ill figure out the exact speed in a few minutes(Yay for custom sets :P)

its more just filler than anything, lol. dont dnite and breloom have 80 base speed? so bandnite is f*cked by switching into hp ice. adamant nature vs naive.

as BH pointed out, +68 SpA evs does the job. it koes all thats needed to, and the loss of ~17 atk points doesnt hurt techniloom. so, the proposed set is:

Breloom @Life Orb
    - Technician -
    Naive
    188 atk/ 68 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Bullet seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Hp Ice 60
    - Spore

and 60 SpA/atk doesn't meet it can't be used :/ im not planning on hp icing everything in existence, just salamence/gliscor/dragonite/landorus. in other words, 4x weak. it'll be a secret until needed :/
    HP Ice is a bad idea. Just run Stone Edge. Breloom isn't meant to take on gliscor/lando so get Bronzong as a team mate for example.

Default Bronzong Calculations

as BH pointed out, +68 SpA evs does the job. it koes all thats needed to, and the loss of ~17 atk points doesnt hurt techniloom. so, the proposed set is:

Breloom @Life Orb
    - Technician -
    Naive
    188 atk/ 68 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Bullet seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Hp Ice 60
    - Spore

and 60 SpA/atk doesn't meet it can't be used :/ im not planning on hp icing everything in existence, just salamence/gliscor/dragonite/landorus. in other words, 4x weak. it'll be a secret until needed :/
    Looks good. Outruning base 80's is great for this set. Adamant Nite is screwed, same for Adamant Mamo. It also outruns Modest Venasaur outside of sun, puting it to sleep. HP Ice was a nice thouch. Preventing Menec and Landurs form safely switching in.
    Back on topic, Bronzong is such a great counter to common treats, here are some calcs:
        Spoiler:- Calcs:

Thats a lot of bulk to take a Choice Band Close Combat form Terrakion.

rofl, ice shard can easily OHKO loom. and i highly doubt dnite is 2HKO'd by hp ice. (with MS taking hit turn 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    rofl, ice shard can easily OHKO loom. and i highly doubt dnite is 2HKO'd by hp ice. (with MS taking hit turn 1)
    lol jets. mach punch. positive natured max speed outspeeds max speed neutral(and possibly positive too) mamoswine, and scarf sets should never have ice shard. ever.

@5221a

venusaur. thats another thing that sometimes screws me over, because in sun it outspeeds everything. but, when it switches in, it can be f*cked.

im not too terribly worried about dnite, unless its a ddance set, and if i do whatever move on switch-in, its either going to break multiscale, or put to sleep, where its bait for hp ice. it'll expect a switch and be nailed by hp ice. if it doesnt, well, i lost a poke, but broke multiscale so genesect can clean up(especially if locked into outrage).

@eranu
    i'd rather not rely on stone miss, as hp ice hits everything it needs to and isn't walled by lando-t. i might just keep virizion though, who knows.

@jesusfreak's suggestion, i'll test 252 atk evs on gene. ill also update my rmt with pics, so it looks pretty :P

wow @bronzong.

jolly mamo outspeeds. . . and some run sash (chew)

I'm in mid-end 1100's and rising as we speak. I'll post my team and put a full summary later.

EDIT: At 1210!

Spoiler:- Team:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

lol jets. mach punch. positive natured max speed outspeeds max speed neutral(and possibly positive too) mamoswine, and scarf sets should never have ice shard. ever.

@5221a

venusaur. thats another thing that sometimes screws me over, because in sun it outspeeds everything. but, when it switches in, it can be f*cked.

im not too terribly worried about dnite, unless its a ddance set, and if i do whatever move on switch-in, its either going to break multiscale, or put to sleep, where its bait for hp ice. it'll expect a switch and be nailed by hp ice. if it doesnt, well, i lost a poke, but broke multiscale so genesect can clean up(especially if locked into outrage).

@eranu
    i'd rather not rely on stone miss, as hp ice hits everything it needs to and isn't walled by lando-t. i might just keep virizion though, who knows.

@jesusfreak's suggestion, i'll test 252 atk evs on gene. ill also update my rmt with pics, so it looks pretty :P

wow @bronzong.
    Loom has base 70 Spd and Nite and freinds have 80. So outspeeding positive nature Mamo, Nite and Saur is out of the question, but those ARE rare so it dosent matter much.
    Yep under rain it has no weakneses and titanic 67 / 116 /116 deffensise. 2 Immunitys, a ton of resitence (more if you use heavy metal, jk). It makes a great counter to Landurus that lacks Choice Band Superpower, Thundurus-T, Turnadus/T, Gliscor, Mix Nape (under rain), and a lot of other common treats. It also supports well, it has: SR, TR, Hypnosis, Explosion, Light screen and Reflect. As for recovery you an use ChestoRest, RestTalk, Protect+Leftovers, WIsh Support, Rest or just Leftovers. I'm shure it can also go offensive, a 86 base Atk is not so bad, nor is a base 79 SpAtk, and with moves like Gyro Ball, Hypnosis, Rock Polish, Zen Headbutt, Return, EQ combiened with massive bulk and awfull Spd it can make a good TR Supporter who can hit back hard. It also has Trick, but It may not work so well. Ok I will stop talking about Bronzong usefullness now.

serebii username: jireh the provider
    Pokemon(s) you plan to use: Cinccino, Serperior, Luxray
    Ladder alt (remember it needs to be an untouched alt): Don't have Pokemon online or the like ye, but I use my Black version with NO EV training.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Got to 1400 with the hail team.
    (17:40:29) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 251/83349 [1403 points / 38 battles]

1132 now, but rising cuz im in the mood to lader.
    I am suprized I havent seen any Conkeldurr or Bronzong on the PO ladder.
    I havent been seeing many offensiver rain nor sun teams. Sandstorm teams are the most I have seen.
    Noticed a rise in Chandalure and non weather teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Ladder alt (remember it needs to be an untouched alt): Don't have Pokemon online or the like ye, but I use my Black version with NO EV training.
    how can you enter if you dont have po lol

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Please read the op, once you have, and if you still want to participate you can easily add to the discussion even if you can't ladder.

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Battled around 10 battles today and around 1160.
    Going to make a RMT for my team, I'll provide a link when it is done.

hows it going for everyone?

credit to EG and extroph

the battling is great. after changing a few pokemon around and movesets, i peaked up closer to 1538(had to restart laddering because my mom deleted all the cookies on the computer -.-")

Made it above 1800 on PS with my Bronzong/Chandy sand team.

MotionControl's rating: 1794 → 1809
    (+12 for winning, +3 from bonus pool)

EDIT: The overall screwiness of the ladder system is apparent to me now. Peaked at 1849, at which point I started losing a point for each battle I won :/

Seemed fine up until that point.

ugh, can't get over 1550 :/ can i get someone to ladder with the team, just to see if its my battling skills? which are average at best

just want to let you guys know this round ends with September, after that everything will be archived (2nd post in this thread iirc)

new pokemon will be released every month. Yea... just wanted to clear that up for some people.

credit to EG and extroph

How is research month going for everyone?

After a lot of hax losses i made it to 1500 with the hail team.
    (15:25:39) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 76/97769 [1504 points / 85 battles]!

ATTENTION

Research month has now been updated with the October Pokemon! Make sure to register a new alt for your new endeavors on the ladder. This month we will be seeing what use Mienshao, Zapdos, and Snorlax have in the BW2 Meta. GL all.

credit to EG and extroph

so called meinshao lool.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast