Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Default Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Time for another Pokémon of the Week. This week, the RNG has spat out a rather unique Pokémon

It's Ditto. Due to its new ability, Ditto has got some fantastic uses. While sets aren't the forté for this one, put in decent strategies using its uniqueness

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/132.shtml

Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified. You may only vote for one Pokemon.

Go nuts

really no way to ditto around this one
    said a almost 30 year old married guy who part time drives a van.

Yay! First post again.

Ditto is a great revenge killer, especially to dragons.

Ditto@Quick Powder
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs don't matter since you copy your opponents stats
    Moves
    -Transform(necessary to have a move, though you'll never use it due to imposter)

Ditto is such a great revenge killer. Imposter copies the opponents stats, including speed, which is raised further by Choice Scarf. It hits the dragons hard and can easily KO large threats as well as learn the movepool and stats of your Pokemon so that they can send in an appropriate counter.

Next week? I vote for all of the following: Azumarill, Skarmory, Xatu, Amoonguss, or Accelgor. Please excuse me if we have done any of these

EDIT: I didn't know we could post nonsense
    Last edited by jeffdavid102; 9th September 2012 at 3:20 PM.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified
    Then how about Golurk or Ferrothorn or Archeops from the 5th gen. Or else Luxray or Electivire from the 4th gen. Or else Kecleon or Ninjask from the 3rd gen.

Those are just a suggestion, but if i had to choice it would be between Golurk or Ferrothorn mainly.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 9th September 2012 at 3:12 PM.

Ability: Imposter
    Item: Choice Scarf/Leftovers/BrightPowder

Next Week: Scrafty
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Counters: Zoroark is a complete stop to it, thus killing with Night Daze and such. Next week: Durant
    Last edited by Dragalge; 9th September 2012 at 3:13 PM.

Um...oksy. Ditto. The blob. It turns into anything. And it breeds with just about anything. Yeah.
    Right, so Ditto got an awesome ability of Imposter from the Dream World, but I won't launch into a long boring overview, since there's plenty of those coming.

De Blob
    Ditto w/ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Imposter
    252 HP/GO NUTS
    -Transform
    -
    -
    -
    Right. As you can see I have posted a very original Ditto set that no one uses. Ever. Again, Ditto gets Imposter from the Dream World, which is an almost-Illusion, and works great with a Choice Scarf. I shouldn't have to explain the moves.

So...Gengar would be awesome for next week...
    Last edited by grantholomew; 9th September 2012 at 3:23 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Imposter Ditto. Used to be ditto was only good as a breeder, but now that imposter is available, things have changed.

Choice Scarf
    Don't bother EV training it
    You have to have transform

And that's really it with ditto. For next week, I vote Hydreigon.

Uber Ditto

Ditto@Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP (since is the only stat that he doesn't copy!!!! sry jeffdavid102)
    Moves
    -Transform

Just be careful to subs! Ditto can't copy while the opponent is behind a substitute!! Ditto is one of the best revenge killers since he can copy even the stats boosts then thanks to choice scarf, just sweep way!! =D
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Demon Fox Trainer
    ~ignis~
    I claim DW "Under-The-Sun" Ninetails

Ditto is the best breeder ever. I have an entire box filled solely with Dittos on my Emerald version, including a 31 Attack IV Adamant Ditto. Imposter gives it some new uses, but I have a question. Does Imposter activate before or after entry hazards activate? If it activates first, Ditto can avoid spikes when switching in against flying types and it can clean up toxic spikes when switching in on poison types.

For next week, I vote for Slowking
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 9th September 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Everyone seems to have covered Ditto's uses, but I still wanna vote Ferrothorn.
    Shinies:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Impostor
    252 HP
    -Transform

Essentially the only set. This is gonna be a lengthy PotW feature, I can tell.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

OMG SHAPESHIFTER

~Transform

Item:Choice Scarf
    Ability:Imposter
    Don't bother with EVs
    Nature: ^Insert Speed boosting nature here^

Best revenge killer in the game. Switch in, transform into enemy, copy boosts, destroy them. For best results, copy an opponent with LOADS of boosts and destroy as much as you can before you die.

Next week: Deoxys
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

OK! A few good pokemon that I would like to see are :

Xatu, Girafarig, Swoobat, Gliscor, Golurk,Krookodile,
    Gastrodon, Simisear, Simipour, Simisage, Sawsbuck

I know some of these are not exactly standard ones and that there are better ones regarding there types or roles
    but I think these too have there charm; also I couldn't choose just one of them but I'll be happy if any of these will be chosen.

Magic Mirror On The Wall, You'll Outspeed Me, And I'll Fall
    Ditto@Choice Scarf
    Quirky nature
    Imposter
    255 HP
    ~Transform

Ditto used to be one of those bottom-of-the-barrel NU novelties someone would only use on a dare or due to some form of insanity, or if it happened to be their favorite. But now, Ditto has a great new toy in the form of Imposter, allowing it to transform without the need to attack. And trust me when I say that that makes a big, stinking difference. Ditto doesn't even need to know any moves, but since the games prohibit moveless Pokemon, Transform is more or less a necessity.

Item is to ensure Ditto still outspeeds when it transforms, given that it and the foe would share a Speed stat. Speed ties are unreliable. Ability... what do you think we've been talking about this whole time?

Other options:
    *Ahaha.
    *Ahahahahahaha.
    *AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    *OK, but seriously, if you like to take risks, you can replace the Choice Scarf with a Quick Claw. Gives Ditto freedom to change moves, but now it's not a guarantee to win the Speed tie. Still skews the odds slightly better than 50/50, though. Don't be tempted to use Quick Powder, it ceases to work once Imposter has activated.

Abilities:
    *Limber: Ditto can't be paralyzed. Not a bad ability in and of itself, but given that the preferred tactic for taking out an untransformed Ditto would involve attacking it outright, it's not exactly an Arceussend.
    *Imposter: Ditto's Hidden Ability, and just about everything it could have hoped for. Ditto will, upon being sent out, transform into its opponent automatically, provided said opponent isn't hiding behind a Substitute or an Illusion. In Double or Triple battles, Ditto will transform into the opponent directly across from it.

Partners:
    If the Choice Scarf makes you uneasy, you can opt for some form of Tailwind support. It should last just long enough to allow you to outspeed and KO the foe Ditto turned into in the first place.

Counters:
    Zoroark with its Illusion still up stops Imposter from turning Ditto into Zoroark. Zoroark even comes with Pursuit to catch Ditto on the way out once its trainer figures out the problem. Other than that, you'd better stock your team so you can reliably counter any of your own Pokemon, because you just might need to.

Opinion:
    I've always liked Ditto, and Imposter is exactly what it needed.

Request for next week:
    Garbodor.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

As all posted b4, this is just the set to use:
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Imposter
    Any nature
    252 Hp
    -Transform
    (Hidden Power [rock]/[Grass])
    Don't send it in on a substute or Zoroark. Hidden Powers are just to kill stuff like Volcarona, as the tend to use Hidden Power for coverage. If you carry Rock, you can easily OHKO them. Grass is for Rotom, that occasionally carry Hidden Power.

Next week I'd like Gastrodon, the awesome sea slug.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Im going for Gastrodon/the Regi's.
    Last edited by Hypno12; 9th September 2012 at 4:12 PM.

My other dragon please visit.

I vote for musharna as next week's pokemon. It is cute and floral. Rhyperior is also cool but Musharna is my vote
    Last edited by Clerkinator; 10th September 2012 at 12:53 AM.
    The otters control me.

Gen I: Nidoking
    Gen II: Lanturn PLEASE!
    Gen III: Ninjask
    Gen IV: Bastiodon
    Gen V: Archeops

Lanturn Please or any of these...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I vote Glaceon for next week
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż`ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż..|:::::: /\|/\
    `ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż`ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż<|:::::: ( o3o)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"u""u"u""
        Spoiler:- GPX+:

Vivillon is a badass

I don't wanna be this guy, but everyone has posted sets. Can I request for next week either Hydregion, metagross or forretress. Thanks :3
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

Ditto is... Ditto. Only variation you need is the HP type. HP fighting/Rock/Ice really. And max hp. Easy. Sooooo next week -

Gen 1: Lapras

Gen 2: Houndoom

Gen 3: Regirock

Gen 4: Staraptor

Gen 5: GOLURK!!!

I say Golurk is the best
    Check out my nuzlockes!

Spoiler:- My Nuzlockes:

Shinies:

DW Females: Druddingon, Staravia, Kabuto, Murkrow, Swinub, Vulplix, a few more I have to check

My friend code is 0219 0031 8407

I request for Musharna next week.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Ditto?So simple.Equip Choice scarf.Switch in except when your oppoment is subbed or zoroark,and start your revenge kill.
    Gen 1:Starmie
    Gen 2:Porygon 2
    Gen 3:Metagross
    Gen 4:Porygon-Z
    Gen 5:HYDERIGON

Yeah i vote for hydreigon
    Last edited by anson0328; 16th September 2012 at 5:21 AM.

Looks like you guys pretty much covered Ditto's only set, so I'mma vote for Octillery.

(That says Octillery.)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast