Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Just be sure that Ditto has max HP for maximum ditto-i-ness...if that works....

I can't think of too many ones right now, but Metagross is high on that list
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

lol... I'm just going to get this out there now.

You may only vote for one Pokemon.

This is almost funny, yet it doesn't deserve a joke analysis. It works crazy well due to Imposter, and a lot of Pokemon can be countered by themselves.

The one (and only) Ditto set
    Ability: Imposter
    Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
    Nature: Docile (or any other nature that doesn't affect the stats)
    EVs: 252 HP
    - Transform

That's right. This is the only set Ditto needs to be effective competitively. It works best as your lead Pokemon, as the opponent will most likely switch after that, giving you a free turn to do whatever you want. Choice items aren't recommended, as Ditto could switch into anything, including support Pokemon that lack attacking moves. The nature might seem crazy, but is actually best, since the opposing Pokemon could have any nature, so a nature that effects the stats isn't the best choice. (If this doesn't apply and Ditto simply copies the opposing Pokemon's stats, ignore the last sentence, since I don't completely understand the mechanics of Imposter. HP is the only EV you need to invest in, since it is the only stat Imposter doesn't copy.

Counters
    Team preview is probably Ditto's biggest downfall. More often than not, it will be the lead Pokemon, so you can exploit that to defeat it. Zoroark is arguably the best, as Illusion prevents Imposter from activating. If Ditto switches out, Zoroark can Pursuit Ditto, even though the move is rare on the Illusion Fox. Another way of messing around with Imposter involves Substitute and a Pokemon that can beat itself. The trick is to send in a Pokemon such as Volcarona with Hidden Power Rock on the predicted switch into Ditto. Ditto will transform into Volcarona. Since the opponent won't know what type of Hidden Power Volcarona is carrying, they'll most likely switch out. Then, Volcarona can use Substitute, or you can switch into a Pokemon carrying it, preferably a fast user such as Gengar, and use it on the next turn, so if Ditto switches back in, it will just have to switch back out again, or be OHKO'd.

For next week, my choice is Metagross.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

It can't revenge Alakazam. Magic Guard stops Imposter. I've tried.

Anyways, I vote for Blaziken.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Counter: I assume a Pokemon with Mold Breaker might be able to stop it, but I'm not sure.

Next Week: Bisharp or Sharpedo.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

From this point on, I will now refer to ditto as pink spy.

My choices for the next POTW:

Gen I: Fearow

Gen II: Noctowl

Gen III: Swellow

Gen IV: Staraptor

Gen V: Braviary

All of the choices in italics, bold, and underlined are the pokemon I would like to be used the most.

Although, if possible, I would like the pokemon I've chosen to be used in their own special, due to the season. It's almost fall and most birds migrate south. I'm not sure if the birds these pokemon are based off of migrate though.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 1005-8699-5051 Username: mmagee1093
    Pokemon White FC: 3825 7992 6139

1 non starter/non cover or event legendary, guys.

Personally, I think Cinccino would be nice to see, with Skill Link from B2/W2 making it a whole lot more reliable as a Pokémon.

Ditto
    Ability:Imposter(Who uses Limber?)
    Ev's:252HP-Do what you want
    Item:Choice Scarf-Salac Berry
    Moves:
    Transform

The regular Ditto since imposter was revealed.Choice Scarf for major speed but you can only use 1 move.Salac berry if your feeling lucky.

I vote for Carracosta
    Last edited by Tyson9182; 9th September 2012 at 3:54 PM.
    Primus et Ultimus
    Come Join!http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547265
    0 Denarii

My Luckiest Battle Ever
    40-65423-88705

Looking For:
    (Pearl)
    Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar
    Arceus
    (Black)
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Archen/Archeops
    Drizzle Poliwhirl(With Kings Rock)
    Drought Vulpix/Ninetales
    Aron
    (SS)
    None as of now

Pokemon Black : 8 Badges E4 and champion beaten
    Pokemon White: 8 Badges E4 Beaten
    Pokemon SS: ;28; ;12; 8 Badges

My vote for the next is Hydreigon.

Ditto...*sigh* you can't do much, but you can make for an effective partner in Doubles/Triples when played right. Shedinja's 1 HP is useless and Shuckle and Dugtrio, likewise, have HP issues, but Ditto retains its own (often maxed out) HP upon using Transform, making them prime targets for the Move. Impostor is a great Ability, but in Multi Battles you may need to manually target a Transform for best results. Singles practically make Impostor a non-choice - they make it a near-must. However, Magic Guard does stop Impostor, so be careful with who you decide to switch into...

For EVs, always max out HP (since you'll copy every other stat) and Speed (to get a Transform in ASAP), pouring the rest into Attack (for Struggle).
    Last edited by Kraleck; 9th September 2012 at 7:21 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

I vote for Donphan.

I'll vote for Bisharp for next week!

i vote for haxorus !!!!!!!!!1!!1

cos if a ditto transforms into one with a few dragon dances it may just be gg :P

I love dragons, not because they're all powerful and whatever. Just don't ask

I definitely vote for Hydreigon. Made an account just so I could do that

With Ditto, the only choice you have is Items. Choice Scarf is used to always outspeed the pokemon you switch into, or at least speed-tie. Band/Specs is not recomended, due to not knowing your moveset. Life Orb can be used for switching moves. A focus sash works well if you have a good spinner. A Quick Claw is an interesting, yet working choice. Nature and EVs do not matter at all, except for HP. Always Max HP with Ditto. That is the only stat that matters.

Vote: Nidoking.

Counters
    Ditto literally has one possible set, item choice notwithstanding. You'd think that make it easier to counter right? ha, WRONG!. Well, sorta.
    Ditto is weird pokemon, and you can't really counter it by definition. Rather than running pokemon to take it down reliably, you just need to think carefully about things, as you still have certain advantages over Ditto that you don't over normal pokemon. The biggest thing is that you know exactly what moves Ditto has, and thanks to Team Preview there are no surprises. It is worth noting that Ditto doesn't copy certain aspects. As you know it doesn't copy HP, and items but it also doesn't copy status effects. Ditto won't be able to abuse some strategies, like ChestoRest or Guts.
    You always have a certain control over what you'll face with Ditto. Don't unleash that set-up sweeper just yet, unless you know you can counter/check your own pokemon. Try not to give him Sleep moves, Aromatherapy/Heal Bell, entry hazards and other things that Ditto can have fun with.

Oh, and Substitute. Imposter cannot copy through a Substitute, leaving Ditto as helpless as it was for the past 4 generations.

I vote for Arcanine. This classic get few new tools in Gen 5 like Close Combat and Wild Charge, changing his checks and counters and enhancing his viability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Um yeah ditto. Lives for 1 purpose to me.... MAKE LOTSA EGGS

Vote for every1's favorite Garbodor
    Ehhh too lazy for this

So pretty much Ditto with Imposter all the way. Items include Choice Scarf, Quick Claw, QuickPowder, or even Leftovers.

As for next week, I would say BRELOOM! That massive threat now.

I'm no expert on competitive battling, but I vote Porygon-Z for next week.

Hey, a vote for next potw. What to choose? So much. Haxorus, hydreigon, dragonite, gastrodon, scrafty, archeops, skarmory, ect.(if you are reading this, you'll see I like dragons). Finally, I chose haxorus, since it was the first ev trained pokemon I ever did.

Vote: Haxorus!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified. You may only vote for one Pokemon.

Go nuts
    I vote Reuniclus. BTW, will I be allowed to change my mind later if I want?

Ditto was always that gimmick pokemon that was perfect for fanart and just fans in general because of its versatility to be whatever or do whatever, except in battle. Competitively, he was utterly useless because of his slow overall stats. Now, Ditto got the ultimate upgrade: Imposter. He can transform as soon as he gets sent in to battle. All of a sudden, Ditto is the most versatile pokemon to have ever existed; having him is like having a sweeper, supporter, and wall all rolled into one.
    Now, a big problem with Ditto is the set. EVs, Nature, and move-set are all already decided; you just copy your opponent's one. But what item do you give it? The general consensus is that the Choice Scarf is necessary for Ditto to get anywhere, allowing for it to sweep. Others, including myself, think that this is too single-minded, and go for the Life Orb instead, granting you a power boost to potentially KO opponent's or the versatility to act as support, like setting up hazards or being a spinner.
    However, his only strength is also his biggest weakness now. You will know how to beat your opponent's Ditto because it's the same pokemon as yours, which will most likely force a switch and the Ditto wouldn't have gotten anything done. Regardless, Ditto is a really cool pokemon, with a niche no other pokemon (if I know Gamefreak) will ever get.

...Except, I just realized, you get to choose the pokemon for next week. How about Garchomp, because of the potential de-ban?

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Ditto
    adamant/modest I guess
    Focus sash
    Imposter

My vote goes to Amoongus because that is what my team is based on now

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Impostor
    252 HP
    -Transform

Next week: Krookodile please!

What Ditto can do is a complete mystery. So is my sarcasm.

I will now cast my vote: Gastrodon
    I claim Buizel.

I vote Gengar

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast