Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

This set has probably been posted here 10 times...

Ditto@Choice Scarf/Leftovers/Choice Band/Choice Specs/Focus Sash
    252 HP
    Imposter
    -Transform

Do I need to explain this set? The item choice is for what you want. Choice Scarf allows it to strike first against opponents. Leftovers allow it to recover if it transform against a wall. Choice Band and Specs can be used if it transform into a Physical attacker and Special Attacker respectively. Focus Sash allows it to live longer.

Next Week: I would say Celebi but no legends so...Sceptile.
    Last edited by Chidori__O; 9th September 2012 at 7:51 PM.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Awesome!Ditto is a monster now.
    your opponent´s cloyster got 3 shell smash?Your opponent´s terrakion got 3 swords dance?Salamence got to +6 thanks to moxie?no problem, ditto is here to help.

@choice scarf
    transform
    -
    -
    -252 hp evs(the only thing you can actually do for it...)

For him, setup baits are actually welcome.For example, forretress easily becomes setup bait.salamence/dragonite/almost anyone can setup on him.Send in ditto and stop him.Also a good way to counter thundurus-t, as my guess is that he´ll want to use stab.Also a pokemon that is able to break through substitutes is appreciated, like cloyster or cinccino in lower tiers(bullet seed breloom counts).

Pokes i would like to see next week:
    Hydreigon,Luxray,Forretress

Click on my banner to go into my shop!

White FC: 4642-4390-4207
    Y FC:5069 4882 3444

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Impostor
    252 HP
    -Transform

Essentially the only set. This is gonna be a lengthy PotW feature, I can tell.
    Definitely.
    Who is actually gonna post any more sets? Me with a set i guarantee you will not see on a ditto

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Impostor
    252 HP
    -Transform
    Next week: Scrafty FTW!

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

All your stats are belong to us!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Impostor
    Any Nature
    252 HP
    - Transform

Make sure that the IV's give it either hidden power ice, grass, or fire, as that's what's most commonly used on Pokemon that rely on hidden power. Send it out for a revenge kill or really any Pokemon that as gotten significant boosts. Never send it in on a substitute, Zoroark as imposter won't work and a pursuit from the latter will take Ditto out. On a side note ditto won't do well on Pokemon that have high HP and depend on using a variety of moves to stall such as Blissey. Pokemon that depend on their help items like Chansey and Marowak do well against Ditto. Any team that has trouble with setup sweepers can really use ditto to turn those boosts around. Although its a good idea to use powerful priority attackers to get rid of any substitutes so ditto can activate impostor. One more thing. Despite what you may think, Wobbofett isn't a good Ditto counter. You would think that they'd both be trapped and enter a PP stall thanks to shadow tag, it won't work as if 2 Pokemon have shadow tag, they can both switch out.

Next week: Arcanine
    Last edited by RedTroopa; 11th September 2012 at 1:02 AM.

Just putting this out there. I'm pretty sure Mold Breaker doesn't stop Imposter.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Ditto lives for one and only one reason: Imposter (and breeding, but that isn't competitive).
    No need to post a set, as it has been posted several times already.
    A few things that can counter Scarf Ditto:

Blissey - Being locked into a support move isn't fun at all, and having very low HP combined with blissey's paper thin defense isn't fun at all.
    Ditto - Imposter can't copy an already an opposing imposter ditto.
    Substitute - Imposter can't copy through a substitute, but having a coverage move is often more wanted on sweepers than to have substitute.

Also, thanks to team preview, ditto is often an expected switch-in.
    For example, if a thundurus-t uses volt switch, and a ditto switches in, volt switch will be negated by volt absorb and the ditto can use HP ice.
    But if the owner of the thundurus expects that, he can use HP ice on the ditto switch in and either force a switch or a 2HKO.

And don't forget to change your ditto's IV, as ditto will copy hidden power, but the type of hidden power will be determined by ditto's IVs.
    Some good hidden power types to aim for:

Ice - forms the BoltBeam combination when copying electric types, as most of them has hidden power as well.
    ground - most electric types have hidden power, so why not use it against them? Is ineffective if they have air balloon, however (or if they are part flying type, but those ones often carry other coverage moves).
    rock - beats volcarona, whether it is boosted or not.
    grass - beats most water types, such as Specs Gastrodon, choiced politoed, rotom-W and other choiced water types.

I would like to see Tornadus-t next week, but if it is considered as a legendary pokemon, then i would want to see Gengar.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Ditto
    252 HP
    Leftovers

Ditto becomes pretty darn bulky when he switches in on Shuckle.

Vote for next week: Hydreigon.

Voting hydreigon.

It's the only pseudo-legend that PotW has yet to cover and was something I was very interested in seeing be a PotW at the beginning of BW due to it being brand spanking new.

If not hydreigon, then the almighty hax 'r' us would be great to see, too.

Hey just edited my set above. Focus Sash it another option.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Another Special PoTW and we had another recently (the Evil Rodents Special Week)
    Every Breeder's favourite Pokémon, if you like breeding, I bet my entire Poké Ball collection you already used Ditto for that.

Ability Compendium:
    Limber: The Pokémon cannot be under the PARALYZE condition while having this ability.
    Seriously? Who is going to use this ability on a shapeshifter Pokémon? At least you can stop Thunder Wave...
    Imposter: You transform into the Pokémon in front of you - ie your opponent
    Now this is what I call an ability, Ditto's signature Ability.
    It copies your opponent's stats (EVs included in the equation) excluding HP (Max EV this!).
    It also copies your opponents stat changes (Your opponents's Swords Dances become yours as well).
    It doesn't copy IVs (You need to be extra careful with yours if your opponent ha Hidden Power).
    Useless against disguised Zoroark and Pokémon behind Substitutes.
    In Double and Triple Battles, Imposter will affect the opponent in the position directly opposite it, so you need to be extra careful if you want to copy a certain Pokémon.

No set because that was covered at least 69 times in a row and no puns either (just one pun sucks, believe me)!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified. You may only vote for one Pokemon.

Go nuts
    Only one non-starter or legendary Pokémon?
    This one NEEDS to be in PoTW!

Like I said, DAT FREAKING EVIL 3-HEADED DRAGON NEEDS TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN PoTW!
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

I vote for Nidoqueen and NidoKing!

As for Ditto... It's hard to pull off it's main move to transform in the previous generations. But thanks to Imposer, this thing can be a threat.

One Ditto t rule them all
    Nature: Any that raises speed. When you catch one, try to get one with high HP IVs.
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, and 4 def
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Moves: ...Do I have to list them?

This little guy can wreck a team like Godzilla if the cards are played right. Choice Scarf is good for out-speeding the pokemon you are copying, but I feel iffy about using one... Life Orb is a good alternative.
    Remember that you can't pass stat changes to Ditto because they are not applied to your foe unless it has already transformed.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

I gotta vote for Haxorus or Krookodile. Two great new additions to the game. There's not much to say about ditto that hasn't already been said, and I can't speak for it's strategic aspects since I don't use it.
    Soulsilver IGT:
    Soulsilver battle tower:

White IGT:
    Battle Subway:

platinum IGT:

Yellow (rom) IGT:
    Silver (rom) igt:

Is it alright if I tally the votes at the end of the week, or will BH, Serebii, etc keep track of them?

...I vote for metagross...since it's awesome and all...

Lol ditto is the epitomy of a troll...give it a scarf and it'll revenge kill revenge killers...give it leftovers and it can counter stall against walls...after all, a wall's worst nightmare is going against itself

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Is it alright if I tally the votes at the end of the week, or will BH, Serebii, etc keep track of them?
    Go for it. Saves me doing it

Stop copying me!:
    Ditto @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Limber
    >Transform

Copy a partner with Plus/Minus to make two sweepers with boosted special attack.

I vote for Porygon-Z!!!
    Yeah...

I'll go ahead and vote for Hyd-ragin' and its wall-killing might.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I vote for Hydreigon for next week.

Ditto
    -------
    Choice Scarf

Ability: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP

Moveset:
    -Transform

Usually EVing Ditto past its HP is pointless, but I'll just share a couple of EV tips that might be useful once in a blue moon.

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Relaxed can be useful in the case that it becomes a Ditto vs Ditto match. This would help your Ditto take as little damage as possible from Struggle while the opponent wears themselve down with the recoil. You'll also want to lower your speed IV as much as possible so that your opponent will kill themselves in recoil before you do. Of course, having a Ditto vs Ditto matchup is a really unlikely scenario, so you could also run a 252 HP / 4 Def / 4 SDef Sassy spread. This will help in case you accidently come in on a disguised Zoroark, since Imposter fails on an Illusion user. These won't come in handy often, but it's nice for that once in a while chance. On a side note, also remember that Ditto copies the opponent's stats, but it keeps its own IVs for Hidden Power purposes. Make sure you customize Ditto's EVs so that if you come in on a Hidden Power user, you can hit them with the effective HP type. Good examples include HP Rock for checking Volcarona and HP Fire/Ice for checking Venusaur.

Also, I'm voting for Sandslash for next week. It really got a lot better after Sand Rush was released, essentially acting as a mini-Excadrill for Sand teams.

There isn't anything I can say about ditto that hasn't already been said, so I'll go straight to my vote:
    Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Go for it. Saves me doing it
    Thanks, I didn't realize we had 4 pages in one day so I thought I could help with tallying the votes, should I VM/PM the results or post them here?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Usually EVing Ditto past its HP is pointless, but I'll just share a couple of EV tips that might be useful once in a blue moon.

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Relaxed can be useful in the case that it becomes a Ditto vs Ditto match. This would help your Ditto take as little damage as possible from Struggle while the opponent wears themselve down with the recoil.
    I thought that a ditto versus ditto match would result in a stalemate, as Transform's power points are reset to 5 each time the move is used, no?
    EDIT: Nevermind, transform cannot be used on a Transformed pokemon.
    Last edited by DestroyerOfWorlds; 9th September 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I vote tornadus

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

I vote for weavile

Ditto. The one Pokemon with more uses than Mew and Smeargle combined. With Impostor now available for the blob, one can use it for anything other than just breeding. Great revenge-killer (send in after something's been killed, least you get hit with a now Super Effective Outrage because you switched into Garchomp), entry hazard setter if you can't otherwise fit one on your team (switch into a Skarmory and use Spikes before it can Whirlwind you away), and I'm probably the first person to suggest use Ditto as a wall-counter (most run Toxic; if it has Natural Cure like Blissy it'll force it out at worst while Pokemon without Natural Cure, like Jellicent, will be ruined).

Don't use a Choice Scarf, contrary to what most posts I've seen suggest. Yes you get a 1.5 boost to Speed, but you're then locked into only one move. Not bad on something like the aforementioned Garchomp but the real question is why use that when you can use Quick Powder instead? It doubles Ditto's Speed (a bigger boost than Choice Scarf) and you can switch between moves at will. For example, you switched into a Garchomp equipped with a Choice Scarf. Impostor activates, turning you into Garchomp. Looking through it's attacks you see Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, and who cares about the others for this example. Now, you select Dragon Claw expecting a Super Effective hit, but your opponent outsmarts you by switching to a Ferrothorn who resists & survives your hit. Equipped with a Choice Scarf, all you can do is switch leaving Ferrothorn a free turn to Spike/Stealth Rock your side of the field: but with Quick Powder, you can use Fire Fang before Ferry can do anything, and now that it's been KO'd, you now have a powerful Pokemon on your side of the field with far more Speed than anything your opponent has. At this point, either they'll try to go down fighting or rage quit just to deny you a win.

For next week's pick, I vote Arcanine.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast