Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 176

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,774

    Default

    Just to note, if you post 2 different Pokemon, I going to count the first one you listed.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    Don't use a Choice Scarf, contrary to what most posts I've seen suggest. Yes you get a 1.5 boost to Speed, but you're then locked into only one move. Not bad on something like the aforementioned Garchomp but the real question is why use that when you can use Quick Powder instead? It doubles Ditto's Speed (a bigger boost than Choice Scarf) and you can switch between moves at will. For example, you switched into a Garchomp equipped with a Choice Scarf. Impostor activates, turning you into Garchomp. Looking through it's attacks you see Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, and who cares about the others for this example. Now, you select Dragon Claw expecting a Super Effective hit, but your opponent outsmarts you by switching to a Ferrothorn who resists & survives your hit. Equipped with a Choice Scarf, all you can do is switch leaving Ferrothorn a free turn to Spike/Stealth Rock your side of the field: but with Quick Powder, you can use Fire Fang before Ferry can do anything, and now that it's been KO'd, you now have a powerful Pokemon on your side of the field with far more Speed than anything your opponent has. At this point, either they'll try to go down fighting or rage quit just to deny you a win.
    The main reason people use the Scarf is because Quick Powder stops working once Ditto has been Transformed. However, I have found that running Leftovers or Life Orb can be really great at times. It's definitely high risk/high reward, but if you can kill off the opponent in the speed tie, you'll have a lot more versatility and you'll be far more dangerous. A Ditto with Leftovers can even be useful against stall teams if it comes in on a Ferrothorn or Forretress or something and gets free hazards/spin/status/recovery/etc.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    Ditto. The one Pokemon with more uses than Mew and Smeargle combined. With Impostor now available for the blob, one can use it for anything other than just breeding. Great revenge-killer (send in after something's been killed, least you get hit with a now Super Effective Outrage because you switched into Garchomp), entry hazard setter if you can't otherwise fit one on your team (switch into a Skarmory and use Spikes before it can Whirlwind you away), and I'm probably the first person to suggest use Ditto as a wall-counter (most run Toxic; if it has Natural Cure like Blissy it'll force it out at worst while Pokemon without Natural Cure, like Jellicent, will be ruined).

    Don't use a Choice Scarf, contrary to what most posts I've seen suggest. Yes you get a 1.5 boost to Speed, but you're then locked into only one move. Not bad on something like the aforementioned Garchomp but the real question is why use that when you can use Quick Powder instead? It doubles Ditto's Speed (a bigger boost than Choice Scarf) and you can switch between moves at will. For example, you switched into a Garchomp equipped with a Choice Scarf. Impostor activates, turning you into Garchomp. Looking through it's attacks you see Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, and who cares about the others for this example. Now, you select Dragon Claw expecting a Super Effective hit, but your opponent outsmarts you by switching to a Ferrothorn who resists & survives your hit. Equipped with a Choice Scarf, all you can do is switch leaving Ferrothorn a free turn to Spike/Stealth Rock your side of the field: but with Quick Powder, you can use Fire Fang before Ferry can do anything, and now that it's been KO'd, you now have a powerful Pokemon on your side of the field with far more Speed than anything your opponent has. At this point, either they'll try to go down fighting or rage quit just to deny you a win.

    For next week's pick, I vote Arcanine.
    I don't think Quick Powder still works after Ditto has transformed. It only works while Ditto is in its pink blob form. Other specific items activate if transforming into the right pokémon though. If you equip it with a Soul Dew and transform into Latios the Soul Dew will activate for example. Equip Ditto with a Light Ball, transform in Pikachu, and you get the activation from the Light Ball.

    One thing that is noteworthy is that in Doubles you can use Transform to turn into your teammates as well. You need to run Limber to avoid transforming into your foe, but it works. Transform into Flygon and throw EQ after EQ after EQ at your foes. Transform into Shuckle and you suddenly have quite a bulky wall (with more HP than Shuckle). Transform into Shedinja and you suddenly have Wonder Guard with more than 1 HP. Transform into Latios and slap on a Soul Dew on Ditto and you suddenly have two dangerous sweepers at the same time with 500+ Sp.Atk on the field. Transform into Kyogre and throw multiple rain-boosted Water Spouts at your foes each turn. While transforming like this takes a turn longer (and usually you don't have that turn) it does give you more control over what you are transforming into, and in some instances it might be beneficial to have two of the same kind of pokémon on the field.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Bergen, New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    22

    Default Next Week's Pokemon

    I would like to see Hydreigon next week. Not only is it an excellent battler in singles and doubles, but you would be doing a service to the younger members of the community. This is the pokemon I most often give to children who are having trouble beating the elite four After they spend time leveling it up, they succeed! More than assist mode may be needed in BW2!
    So vote for Hydreigon!

  5. #80

    Default

    Everyone has already posted the best ditto set, so I won't bother with that.

    My vote for next week is Hydreigon.
    3DS FC: 0018-1175-8454 - IGN: Chris
    Ice safari: spheal, sneasel, and lapras

    I've been playing pokemon since the days of Red and Blue. I guess that makes me "old." But I am by no means a "genwunner" in the way the term is used around here. Some of my fav pokemon are gen 4-6 ones.

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Gen-Trade-Shop
    ^^My SHINY trade shop! - Over 700 Kalos Bred SHINIES!^^

    And here is a link to my list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dinotopia
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Puns:

    Ditto. Ditto. What? What? Stop copying me! Stop copying me!

    Awww, I stepped in a Ditto.

    Ditto! You owe me a soda.

    Leggo my Ditto!



    For nexk week, I vote for Stoutland.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:



    Credit to Forever and Again art shop

    Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    944

    Default

    When I saw it was a special, I totally called it being Ditto!

    Standard troll
    Ditto@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Imposter
    Nature: Timid
    IVs: 31 HP/0 Attack/31 Speed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed
    Moves:
    - Transform

    Maybe I am getting a bit detailed, but I'm being as prepared as possible. If for any reason Ditto can't transform with imposter, the nature, IVs and EVs help make it transform as quickly as possible. iirc it can choose another move after transforming despite the Choice Scarf.

    I use Ditto as a lead combo with Magic Bounce Espeon and Shedinja. If the opposing lead has a setup move like Taunt or Stealth Rock, I switch to Espeon and bounce the move right back. NEVER GETS OLD! If it has no moves that can threaten Shedinja, I switch to Shedinja and get a free Swords Dance boost. IMO Ditto/Espeon/Shedinja is one of the most fun offensive cores in the game!

    I can then bring Ditto in later after letting my opponent (especially a Dragon Dancer or a Shell Smasher) boost up a bit, and then proceed to sweep the team while laughing like the maniacal troll battler I am!

    Should a Trace Porygon2 come in on my Shedinja and copy its Wonder Guard, I can also switch to my Ditto, who can copy the Pory2 as is, including with the Traced Wonder Guard! This would result in a very long stall war unless they switch, because once Ditto's 5 PP runs out, I can switch back to Shedinja without fear and then back to Ditto and do it all over again until they get the hint.

    Trick Room troll
    Ditto@Iron Ball
    Ability: Imposter
    Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
    IVs: 31 HP/0 Attack/0 Speed
    EVs: 252 HP
    Moves:
    - Transform

    With an Iron Ball, Ditto can be used under Trick Room. Under Trick Room, it will be guaranteed to go before the opponent it transformed into. It's also not held back by being limited to a single move like Choice Scarf Ditto is. However it can be hard to use if it transforms into a faster opponent like Infernape or Ninjask.

    To counter Ditto, use Zoroark. It cannot transform while the latter is behind an illusion.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 14th September 2012 at 2:03 AM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

    Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

    Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.


    Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge


    Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

    I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #83

    Default

    Why not add Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and Unown this week? They also only have one moveset that should(or can) be used. The only thing under other options would be an extra item and 1-2 moves for Wynaut/Wobbuffet. Everyone has already posted Ditto's moveset and it has only been one day; the same thing will happen if there is a week for Wynaut/Wobbuffet and a week for Unown. By adding these three this week, two extra weeks would open for other pokemon to be covered.

    Since we get vote for next week's pokemon- I choose Hydreigon.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grasstown
    Posts
    250

    Default

    I vote we do three weeks with each of the new Therian formes as they all seem viable.

    NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

    Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

    John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Ditto,an awesome pokemon.All u need is 252hp and 252 speed and a speed boosting nature.

    Voting for reuniclus, gastrodon, ferrothorn, magnezone, and starmie
    Last edited by maciscool; 10th September 2012 at 1:47 AM.
    needs a bol d tentacool withits dream world ability and untouched and with the egg move rapid spin

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    250

    Default

    The Imposter
    Ditto@Quick Powder
    Ability: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 speed, 4 ....whatever.Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Transform

    So..yeah. This is like the only ditto set you'll see in battles. Copying all stat changes and stats, ditto is an excellent revenge killer, especially against sweepers. Impostor lets you automatically transform and saves a turn of transforming. EV's don't matter much. So, yeah. This thing can either be somewhat useless or very effective. Many a time has a Ditto copied my dance-scrafty/ gyarados's stat changes.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Why do people keep saying Quick Powder? Ditto can only use it as Ditto.
    I love my cute little Machop!

    Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

    Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.


    Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge


    Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

    I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    ^ quick powder doesnt work for transformed-pokes.

    yeah, its been covered.

    i piiick: unown to be the next POTW

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,774

    Default

    Hello Ditto lover's =D I am going to count the therians as separate from the incarnation forme.

    HP Rock allows you to take on Volcarona and gang IIRC.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ^ quick powder doesnt work for transformed-pokes.
    My point exactly. That's why I'm asking why people are suggesting it when it becomes useless once Ditto has transformed.
    I love my cute little Machop!

    Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

    Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.


    Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge


    Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

    I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

  16. #91
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    520

    Default

    guys, you keep saying that you can give 252 evs in HP and that is all...
    i have to disagree. Blue Harvest, take into consideration please.
    252HP/51Atk/51SpA/51SpD/51def/51Speed
    docile nature.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    57

    Default

    What you gotta do is put it in on something that is not a wall. There, the Choice Scarf won't matter.

    To counter it, besides Zorark, get something that would stink without it's Ability. Like Azumarill or Medicham. Without their Pure/Huge Power, they're useless. And Ditto will be useless (almost), because it's using Impostor.

    If you're using it, switch into something that would be awesome without it's ability, like Regigigas, Slaking or Archeops. There, Ditto would be great.

    Unless I'm so wrong and it actually does keep the opponent's ability. ._.
    Then...oops. Hehheheh

    Well, I think you all got this Ditto covered, but there's always the choice of another Choice item, unless you switch into something like Chandelure with a Choice Band equipped. So that's kinda situational, but could work out because most teams don't just want only a special attacker, because Chansey exists. And they don't want only physical, because Burns/Confusion would ruin everything. Or maybe a Ferrothorn with a Rocky Helmet. Or a Forretress.

    Hmm. I'm thinking MASQUERAIN next. Cause it's awesome.

    Or...Gastrodon or Genesect. Yeah. A Bug/Steel. I mean, there are as many as pure bugs, right?

    Accelgor, Volbeat, Illumuse, Pinsir, I've been thinking too long. KRICKITUNE. TailGlow Volbeat=eh, Pinsir=eh, Accelgor=ehhh, Illumuse has no value to me.

    Then there's Escaviler (who I vote for), Genesect (voting!), Forretress (vote), Durant (I'm voting for this one), and Scizor (Wow this is annoying to counter...along with Breloom...who I vote for)

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    The main reason people use the Scarf is because Quick Powder stops working once Ditto has been Transformed.
    Really? Didn't say that in the item description. I was under the impression it doubles Ditto's Speed no matter what it Transforms into. Guess it's only useful for non-Impostor only Ditto. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    -Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Village Bridge
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Because there is nothing else to do.. Voting Lanturn.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.



    "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Smogon does mention minimum Speed if it comes down to a Struggle contest between two Ditto. Aside from that, what's been said has been said but a list of IVs required for the most usable Hidden Power should be listed. Someone did point out using a teammate with Tailwind as opposed to a Choice Scarf. Mandibuzz comes to mind with its great bulk, access to recovery, access to Taunt, but most importantly; its average Speed and access to U-turn.

    Aside from that, I'm voting for Crawdaunt for next week's analysis.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 10th September 2012 at 3:29 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Oh ditto. I remember you being a troll before. And a useful training guinea pig like chansey, blissey, and Audino (punching bags). Until you got imposter as an ability. Now you'll kick our *** before we kick your *** out. OH HOW CRUEL YOU'VE GOTTEN TO NOW!I can't even land a hit on you when I tried!

    Next week we should have either:

    I. Another Special pokemon week (topic would be "Common Pokemon Rodent Week" consisting of: Raticate family, Furret family, Linoone family, Bibarel family, Patrat family, Stoutland family, and Cinccino family [she's a smogon NU suspect])
    II. Zangoose (one of the NU suspects from Smogon)
    III. Amoongus [Smogon suspect]
    IV. Alomomola [not Smogon suspect]
    V. Altaria
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,774

    Default

    Just a heads up, if you say a special as your choice, I am not going to count it (I'm tallying the votes in case you missed the memo).

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Doubles,
    Abilty limber

    Transform into haxorus
    standard sweeping set,
    dragon claw
    earthquake
    Dragon dance
    filler

    partners (KEY)
    medicham with pure power!
    pokemon with skill swap
    skill swap pure power,
    while ditto transforms into haxorus
    Skill swap pure power onto haxorus.
    Complex, yes
    Takes up a whole team, yes
    If sucseefull, kills everything, yes
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

    This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

    I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

  24. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    guys, you keep saying that you can give 252 evs in HP and that is all...
    i have to disagree. Blue Harvest, take into consideration please.
    252HP/51Atk/51SpA/51SpD/51def/51Speed
    docile nature.
    The following statement is true, but lolzy.
    Ok, all of you, listen up, because even though we have ditto, we still have to be serious. Some of you think that just running 252 hp and picking a crappy selection of stats is all for ditto, ever since imposter came out, and even before then. FALSE!!!

    Ok, so I can understand why u would think that. However, there is something you should know- imposter doesn't change the ability. You don't get the ability, hence why no illusion from Zoroark. So a counter for ditto would be to change its ability... Which doesn't happen often... But! If and when it does, a back up is for you to go back to the old days and use transform, and you need to do it fast. 252 hp, 252 speed, then party with a jello that's always freakin' happy.

    Predict: Poison, ice or ghost type.

    Oh, also, to those that think that ditto can't absorb stat raisers such as evolite and pure power and scarf, think again. When it transforms, it aquires all stats, including boosts. Just a note for people who are crazy enough to think they can use a -4 SPd spec salamance against them. Sweeped an entire team because of a dummy who thought otherwise.
    Last edited by SwiftGrovyle; 10th September 2012 at 4:14 AM. Reason: Note to any dummy out there... Somewhere
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

    I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

    The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftGrovyle View Post
    The following statement is true, but lolzy.
    Ok, all of you, listen up, because even though we have ditto, we still have to be serious. Some of you think that just running 252 hp and picking a crappy selection of stats is all for ditto, ever since imposter came out, and even before then. FALSE!!!

    Ok, so I can understand why u would think that. However, there is something you should know- imposter doesn't change the ability. You don't get the ability, hence why no illusion from Zoroark. So a counter for ditto would be to change its ability... Which doesn't happen often... But! If and when it does, a back up is for you to go back to the old days and use transform, and you need to do it fast. 252 hp, 252 speed, then party with a jello that's always freakin' happy.

    Predict: Poison, ice or ghost type.
    Prove to me that Imposter doesn't copy the ability. Cuz it does on Pokémon Online. Multiple times I've switched to Ditto after an opposing Porygon2 Traced my Shedinja's Wonder Guard, and it copied the Porygon2 AND its Wonder Guard!
    I love my cute little Machop!

    Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

    Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.


    Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge


    Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

    I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •